• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

By the way, there's an FOI pending with Edinburgh Council on this. Raised 22 July (not by me). Be interesting to see the result and also if there's one sitting with the clubs.

My guess is there's been mistakes by both the clubs and council and probably confusion around interpretation of the guidance. 

Screenshot_20210727-215336_Chrome.jpg

They missed a trick by not asking about the SRU as well.

5 minutes ago, Shaggy2 said:

Our supporters club (60+ ST holders) all submitted an application and so far I’ve heard of 5 being successful. A bit low in the proportion stakes so I’m hoping they are just no very good with tech and are looking in the wrong place! 
Not too chuffed to see folk bragging on Twitter that they’re now able to go, with someone else’s ticket. It happens but don’t brag about it. 

Surely ID should be getting

CHECKED on entry ? 🤔 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, Jack Torrance said:

By the way, there's an FOI pending with Edinburgh Council on this. Raised 22 July (not by me). Be interesting to see the result and also if there's one sitting with the clubs.

My guess is there's been mistakes by both the clubs and council and probably confusion around interpretation of the guidance. 

Screenshot_20210727-215336_Chrome.jpg

Imagine if someone, say a governing body for the clubs,acted on behalf of all the clubs to ensure maximum numbers can get into grounds. How good would that be!

Jack Torrance
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Imagine if someone, say a governing body for the clubs,acted on behalf of all the clubs to ensure maximum numbers can get into grounds. How good would that be!

It'll never catch on

Fozzyonthefence
1 minute ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Time for Doncaster to start earning that salary that is more than the Prime Minister and First Minister combined.  Chances?

Back of the Bus

10 days in, has there been any whisper of a Silverstone variant? 

Asking for a friend ……. (The cooncil) 

1 hour ago, luckydug said:

CHECKED on entry ? 🤔 

why would there be ? Genuine question. The season ticket holder could always give it to somebody if they couldn’t use it (work etc). The ST holder would of course be responsible if the person they gave it to misbehaved etc. I have given mine to my dad in the past when I’ve been working. Of course it’s different times now so with limited admissions it’s possible 

Have you seen the state of our city lately? This is just the latest in a long line of clusterfux. 

CoEC have taken incompetence to a new level. 

Just now, JyTees said:

Have you seen the state of our city lately? This is just the latest in a long line of clusterfux. 

CoEC have taken incompetence to a new level. 

Yep. Crayons in overdrive. The cycling lane bollards (if you can call them that) scheme just shows them up

as an example of complete incompetents. I wouldn’t trust them to water my plants tbh

4 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Yep. Crayons in overdrive. The cycling lane bollards (if you can call them that) scheme just shows them up

as an example of complete incompetents. I wouldn’t trust them to water my plants tbh

They'd probably just let your plants grow to uncontrollable levels making your pathways inaccessible and dangerous. They've excelled in that.

In related news, seems that those who decided to defer their STs to this season (paying nothing for this year) are still keeping their 20 loyalty points from last year. 

Another **** you/**** up to 1000s of fans.

Didn't think I'd got a ticket for the Celtic game, no confirmatory e-mail as happened with League cup Games received.

Checked my E-tickets account history & it appears I have 2 tickets for block X row 27 for me & my mate.

Good & bad news I suppose;

Good - I can go to the game & avoid a " Street Party" organized by people I don't know ( I've lived here for 23 years)

Bad - row 27, my knees will take days to recover from that climb & descent.

all in all I suppose it's an overall win.

10 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Can you show me a quote where this has been confirmed please?   Not saying you’re wrong but I’ve not seen this confirmed anywhere.  Also, bearing in mind the club statement claims they were told that 1 metre distancing must apply by the council, I’m not sure who to trust or who is just incompetent. 

Edit:  I meant to reply to your post above that about it not affecting attendances. 

The very email you keep going on about.  The club has decided for whatever reason our ticketing system does not allow for families or bubbles to be seated together so they went with the blanket approach of everyone spaced out. At the time and as it currently stands it hasn’t impacted the amount of tickets we will be allowing entry as this was decided and enforced by the council. Funnily enough the system you are screaming out for and the one hibs have used amazingly got then a very similar amount of tickets. Probably the club decided since there was no real benefit to the attendance then the money and resources for such a short period of time isn’t worth it. So far going by hibs crowds they have been shown to be correct. 

Edited by Dazo

Shanks said no
1 hour ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

Straw clutching but anyone been allocated anything in the Gorgie Road end yet?

Yes, my tickets came through around 4pm yesterday for section X

been here before
35 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

In related news, seems that those who decided to defer their STs to this season (paying nothing for this year) are still keeping their 20 loyalty points from last year. 

Another **** you/**** up to 1000s of fans.

Ive still got my 20 LPs from last years ST and have had 20 added for this years ST. Im sure last years will drop off soon enough. Not really sure what you're raging about in all honesty.

The Treasurer

I could be wrong, as there's no evidence to support this, but is it possible the club have ensured those that opted to pay full price for their ST have been allocated tickets.

Quite easy to do and IMO the right thing to do as a thank you to those who have put in more than they needed to.

I'm sure some will disagree

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I could be wrong, as there's no evidence to support this, but is it possible the club have ensured those that opted to pay full price for their ST have been allocated tickets.

Quite easy to do and IMO the right thing to do as a thank you to those who have put in more than they needed to.

Na mate. I know someone who deferred and got one and me and the old boy paid full whack didn't get. As I say didn't expect out but would expect if you got celtic you don't get Aberdeen 

6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

That is a point I never considered before, it's a possible explanation as to why my mate & I got tickets for Cove, ICT & now Celtic. We're both " Senior Citizens" and qualify for a concessionary price. That being the case, we were of the mind that, as we were already getting a discount, we elected not to take advantage of a further discount for games missed last season.

12 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Don’t think that’s right, I’m sure the club wouldn’t fancy opening up that minefield and will treat all season ticket holders equally. Saying that I would have no issue if they did decide to reward those who paid full price. After 3 ballot wins in a row for 4 seats each time I’m certainly. being reward for something. Maybe it’s just the law of attraction at work or the fact I don’t blame hearts every that goes wrong in life. 

Anyone get a ticket for this that can't make it? I'd be interested in a swap as it seems like I'm almost certain to get a ticket for the Aberdeen game but will be unable to attend as I'm at a wedding.

55 minutes ago, been here before said:

Ive still got my 20 LPs from last years ST and have had 20 added for this years ST. Im sure last years will drop off soon enough. Not really sure what you're raging about in all honesty.

Those who deffered their STs from last season have gotten 40 loyalty points for the price of 20. These things matter when it comes to away Derby and OF tickets. Loyalty points last 2 years I believe before expiring.

Edited by hughesie27

2 hours ago, Juan Jose Carricondo Perez said:

Straw clutching but anyone been allocated anything in the Gorgie Road end yet?

yes, Section X row 27, I'll be needing oxygen.

46 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Well I paid full price and I've not got a ticket ☹️

been here before
6 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Those who deffered their STs from last season have gotten 40 loyalty points for the price of 20. These things matter when it comes to away Derby and OF tickets. Loyalty points last 2 years I believe before expiring.

ST ones drop off yearly.

Juan Jose Carricondo Perez
1 hour ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Yes, my tickets came through around 4pm yesterday for section X

8 minutes ago, argyjambo said:

yes, Section X row 27, I'll be needing oxygen.

damn!! Cheers for the replies. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Dazo said:

The very email you keep going on about.  The club has decided for whatever reason our ticketing system does not allow for families or bubbles to be seated together so they went with the blanket approach of everyone spaced out. At the time and as it currently stands it hasn’t impacted the amount of tickets we will be allowing entry as this was decided and enforced by the council. Funnily enough the system you are screaming out for and the one hibs have used amazingly got then a very similar amount of tickets. Probably the club decided since there was no real benefit to the attendance then the money and resources for such a short period of time isn’t worth it. So far going by hibs crowds they have been shown to be correct. 

So there has been no confirmation from either Hearts or the council that Hearts not applying for bubbles up to 15 would not have resulted in an increase in the capacity granted by the council.  This is just a guess on your part that you’re trying to pass it on as fact.

You say that the council has pretty much treated both Hearts and Hibs the same but again, unless you are party to both clubs’ applications and subsequent correspondence with the council, this is another guess.

Let’s look at what we know as facts.  We know that Hearts put in an application with every fan 1 metre distanced.  I don’t know about Hibs but you and others have stated they applied for groups to sit together.  I’ll assume that’s correct.

We know that the council has agreed a safety figure for Tynecastle of around 6k and that this had to be built up gradually.  The first game after the application was at 50% for the ICT game so around 3k.  The next game against Celtic goes up to 75% so it is around 4.5k and if no further changes in restrictions then against Aberdeen it goes up to the 100% figure of around 6k.  Hearts confirmed this in their statement.

What do we know about Hibs though? All I know is that the first and only game they have played since applying for an increased capacity was their European game.  They went straight to a figure of 4.7k, there was no 3k for their first game so the two have not, despite what you say, been treated the same by Edinburgh Council.

So, I don’t know and I’m guessing you don’t know either, whether that 4.7k figure that Hibs were allowed was their 50% figure (which would mean the council have agreed a significantly higher figure of around 9.4k for them) or was them straight in at 75%?

Best not to jump to conclusions - perhaps the FOI request from the council will shed more light on this or perhaps someone will be able confirm what Hibs have had agreed (apologies if I have missed this anywhere). 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

maroonsgotop
10 hours ago, mscjambo said:

I'm assuming with number of season tickets and restrictions which I get. Surely there cannot be a scenario where one season ticket holdera though so it would be good to know. gets both the celtic and Aberdeen games and another gets none. If this happens the club are a joke. They've talked about the weighted ballot but maybe it needs explained more. But if you got a celtic ticket them under current guidelines and that Surely there is no way you should then get an Aberdeen one if we are still under these restrictions. 

I dont trust hearts not to balls it up. I appreciate the council make the numbers rules etc...am I convinced this ballot has been transparent not so much yo be honest 

maybe the ballot is weighted towards Platinum STH as opposed to silver etc or maybe it's a straight forward 50/50 split of all STH''s or maybe a 50/50 split per each category. It would be good to know.

10 minutes ago, Mister T said:

Same - I'm assuming no email and no notification means no ticket.

Jambo 4 Ever
9 hours ago, luckydug said:

CHECKED on entry ? 🤔 

You’re lucky if they can scan the ticket properly … no chance they could ID people too!! 
also no one would be in their seats in time if they did that 

The Treasurer
13 minutes ago, Mister T said:

It was just a theory, looks like I was wrong

24 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Just checked my etickets - nothing.

I have no emails, and no notifications.

Same. I'm assuming we are screwed, although I hear it is a weighted ballot so we should be in for sheep game.

The Treasurer
40 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Anyone get a ticket for this that can't make it? I'd be interested in a swap as it seems like I'm almost certain to get a ticket for the Aberdeen game but will be unable to attend as I'm at a wedding.

Out of interest, what makes you think you are "almost certain" to get a ticket for the sheep game.

6 minutes ago, maroonsgotop said:

maybe the ballot is weighted towards Platinum STH as opposed to silver etc or maybe it's a straight forward 50/50 split of all STH''s or maybe a 50/50 split per each category. It would be good to know.

H

Nope   Platinum  here and no ticket  again.  Only been at Sunderland game  where  no ballot

15 minutes ago, been here before said:

ST ones drop off yearly.

Not on my account. I have 102, the oldest dating back to May 2018. I have 3 STs on mines. System clearly doesn't work.

Selkirkhmfc1874

It's frustrating that i can't sit in seats right next to my kids but Mrs Budge can sit right next to her husband in the director's box! One rule for them and another for us

All abit of a shambles, you've got 2000 folk driving or train through to Motherwell, all crammed into cars or public transport from Edinburgh and then here in Edinburgh we're sitting a mile away from folk we live with. I give up 

Edited by Jambo92

2 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

All abit of a shambles, you've got 2000 folk driving or train through to Motherwell, all crammed into csrs

Drinking together before and after. 

7 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Not on my account. I have 102, the oldest dating back to May 2018. I have 3 STs on mines. System clearly doesn't work.

Always thought it dropped off after two years, not one.

StevenNaismith
11 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

It's frustrating that i can't sit in seats right next to my kids but Mrs Budge can sit right next to her husband in the director's box! One rule for them and another for us

My son complained about this exact scenario and AB replied personally to his email stating this was not the case and that the stewards have been told not to approach obvious family members sitting together.

15858400-95CF-4FE0-BFFD-4AF9EFFBDA66.jpeg

Edited by StevenNaismith

12 minutes ago, Rc55 said:

H

Nope   Platinum  here and no ticket  again.  Only been at Sunderland game  where  no ballot

Same here, Platinum St and no ticket. Oh well thats how a ballot works, just have to suck it up, HHGH!!.

Perhaps after  this week  the Club might  issue   some stats   (which  any  basic  computer programme  would be able to do)   telling  us   A   How many ST holders   got  3 games  B. How many received  2 games  C  How many got 1 ticket  and D . How many ST holders  failed  to get any.

14 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Just checked my account and still have LPs from 2018 also so you’re on to something.

16 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Out of interest, what makes you think you are "almost certain" to get a ticket for the sheep game.

Actually would expect to get one having missed out this time, 4535 for Saturday and expecting at least 6047 forthe Aberdeen one so given what hs been said by the club those not getting a ticket this time should get one.

I noticed that a couple of folk have been removed from my 'network'. I can understand my cousin's account has maybe been made dormant as he's not had a ticket for a good while (lives down south) but they have removed my mate's stepdaughters account even though she was still getting tickets added before lockdown.  Easy enough to re-add I guess, just a bit weird.