Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

crunchy frog
9 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

How many tickets did you apply for?

Just my own mate. Didn't realise you can apply for up to 4 in your network. Oh well. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

49 minutes ago, been here before said:

Whats the club saying about it?

Emailed them a couple of months back but never got a reply.

Tickets still being allocated, I got my notification for our 3, this morning at 9.35am in my eTickets, so keep checking

StevenNaismith
31 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Thank you very much for that ! Do you mind if i take copy of this incase a steward approaches me at game ?

Not at all.

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, crunchy frog said:

Just my own mate. Didn't realise you can apply for up to 4 in your network. Oh well. 

Yeah... the Aberdeen allocation will be telling. I'm now thinking it may be better being part of a 'network' application. But if I decide to do that, and others in that 'network' were at the celtic game... am I doing my chances more harm than good?

I seriously hope that if anyone applied for the celtic game (and were unsuccessful) they are automatically issued a ticket for the Aberdeen game... then (and only then), what's left, goes to ballot. 🤷‍♂️

6 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I think if anything even ignoring the wet pant crowd, hibs ***** and trolls this thread proves there isn’t a system to suit. Some people will always miss out. The problem is the Scottish government’s restrictions. 

Edit: 

Post above proves my point. We have people in the ballot who can’t make it ffs. This isn’t a go at that poster but it shows the problem we are facing. 

You think it’s fair that at the end of September some people might have seen Aberdeen and Livingston and others might have seen Celtic and Hibs? 
Hearts categorise games so ensuring everyone gets a category A game should be easy. 

Harry Potter
18 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Resigned to watching in the house myself now 🙁. I'm normally pissed by 8pm on a Saturday so I'm starting to think it's just as well.

😃 8pm, good going.

1 hour ago, maroonsgotop said:

maybe the ballot is weighted towards Platinum STH as opposed to silver etc or maybe it's a straight forward 50/50 split of all STH''s or maybe a 50/50 split per each category. It would be good to know.

I have a Premier seat and didn’t get a ticket for either ICT or Celtic so don’t think there is any ‘weighting’.

crunchy frog
5 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Yeah... the Aberdeen allocation will be telling. I'm now thinking it may be better being part of a 'network' application. But if I decide to do that, and others in that 'network' were at the celtic game... am I doing my chances more harm than good?

I seriously hope that if anyone applied for the celtic game (and were unsuccessful) they are automatically issued a ticket for the Aberdeen game... then (and only then), what's left, goes to ballot. 🤷‍♂️

I'll be honest bud it's all a bit of a mess as we can all see. Two folk in my network applied themselves for Celtic tickets and got. Do what you think's best is my advice 

5 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

I have a Premier seat and didn’t get a ticket for either ICT or Celtic so don’t think there is any ‘weighting’.

Me to.

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, Slim1874 said:

Tickets still being allocated, I got my notification for our 3, this morning at 9.35am in my eTickets, so keep checking

Folk letting the club know they can’t attend perhaps?

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

There’s no easy solution.  It stands to reason that people who missed out on the Celtic game should get a ticket for the Aberdeen game.  However, would you not be raging if you missed the Celtic game,  got one for Aberdeen but then missed another Category A game v Hibs?  Hopefully all ST holders will be ok for the Hibs game though but it is difficult for the club do this fairly in everyone’s eyes when there is still so much uncertainty.

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Folk letting the club know they can’t attend perhaps?

Why bother applying then??

Unrelated to celtic game, but wonder if we’ll be allowed into st mirren away next weekend. Anyone know their situation with fans allowed in stadium 

davemclaren
Just now, wavydavy said:

Because it got you in the ballot for the season not just one match. 

Rogue Daddy
5 minutes ago, crunchy frog said:

I'll be honest bud it's all a bit of a mess as we can all see. Two folk in my network applied themselves for Celtic tickets and got. Do what you think's best is my advice 

👍

Shanks said no
13 minutes ago, Slim1874 said:

Mind me asking, what section? Wondering if they are doing by section or randomly 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Because it got you in the ballot for the season not just one match. 

Was there a time limit on when you could apply to be included?

davemclaren
Just now, wavydavy said:

Midnight on Monday. 

been here before
Just now, wavydavy said:

Yep. Midnight on Monday.

KyleLafferty
3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You had to apply as it’s for every home game. There won’t be another entry.

john thomas
12 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Premier seat got 3 out of 3 tickets for myself .

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

There’s no easy solution.  It stands to reason that people who missed out on the Celtic game should get a ticket for the Aberdeen game.  However, would you not be raging if you missed the Celtic game,  got one for Aberdeen but then missed another Category A game v Hibs?  Hopefully all ST holders will be ok for the Hibs game though but it is difficult for the club do this fairly in everyone’s eyes when there is still so much uncertainty.

You're right, it must be an administration nightmare... and I'm disappointed to be missing the game - but I'll be happy getting a ticket for the sheep. It's a 'ballot', I get it, not everyone will get to go and I certainly wouldn't expect parents to get tickets and not their kids that sit next to them... I just felt (after reading this thread) the 'successful' comments were weighted towards multiple ticket applications, as opposed to singles. Hopefully it all comes out in the wash and we all get a fair allocation.

5 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

You had to apply as it’s for every home game. There won’t be another entry.

I have applied but that rule does seem a bit unfair for anyone who missed the deadline.

8 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Mind me asking, what section? Wondering if they are doing by section or randomly 

Section N, 4 rows from the back

Fozzyonthefence
7 minutes ago, maroon said:

Unrelated to celtic game, but wonder if we’ll be allowed into st mirren away next weekend. Anyone know their situation with fans allowed in stadium 

Don’t know but their capacity is only 8,000 so doubtful we would get any or maybe a tiny allocation.  Looks like they’ve sold over 2,500 STs so whether they’d go to general sale or allow away fans is anyone’s guess and who knows how many their council will allow.🤷‍♂️

5 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I have applied but that rule does seem a bit unfair for anyone who missed the deadline.

Anyone who missed the deadline, which we had 2 emails about and countless posts on social media, can't be that fussed about going.

Shanks said no
9 minutes ago, Slim1874 said:

Section N, 4 rows from the back

Cheers, my theory is wrong then

The Real Maroonblood
4 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Anyone who missed the deadline, which we had 2 emails about and countless posts on social media, can't be that fussed about going.

Exactly.

Some folk need hand led all the time.

6 minutes ago, scottg71 said:

Not everyone is glued to Social Media or Hearts related websites. My mate (a season ticket holder for many years) who goes with me and a lifelong Hearts fan never looks at the Hearts Website or Kickback etc.

I applied for tickets for both of us but I am sure there are many older season ticket holders who are in a similar vein to my mate.

I was only making a point it seems a bit harsh.

Edited by wavydavy

9 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Don’t know but their capacity is only 8,000 so doubtful we would get any or maybe a tiny allocation.  Looks like they’ve sold over 2,500 STs so whether they’d go to general sale or allow away fans is anyone’s guess and who knows how many their council will allow.🤷‍♂️

It will depend how many St Mirren fans are on their Council. In theory percentage wise they should not be getting anymore than us due to the stadium ground area.

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Not everyone is glued to Social Media or Hearts related websites. My mate (a sesaon ticket holder for many years) who goes with me and a lifelong Hearts fan never looks at the Hearts Website or Kickback etc.

I applied for tickets for both of us but I am sure there are many older season ticket holders who are in a similar vein to my mate.

EMail is relatively unreliable as folk change email addresses and don’t let everyone know plus some providers over filter spam. I can’t see why it should be an issue to add the odd person that missed the deadline. 

12 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Would love to go there and beat st mirren away. Especially considering last time we played there

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

EMail is relatively unreliable as folk change email addresses and don’t let everyone kniw plus some providers over filter spam. I can my see why it should be an issue to add the odd person that missed the deadline. 

Dave we’re old but young at heart.

Just now, davemclaren said:

EMail is relatively unreliable as folk change email addresses and don’t let everyone kniw plus some providers over filter spam. I can my see why it should be an issue to add the odd person that missed the deadline. 

An example for me is that I have been in the draw for tickets and so far not been lucky at getting any.

I have not had any email from the club so assumed I am unsuccessful and looked at my online ticket account where I have one notification with an envelope beside it and  I have never received any email from Hearts since the application.

I looked at my history and there is nothing there since I bought my season ticket so what is the notification?

If I click on it there is nothing there. I always check my junk folder and there is nothing there.

I have checked my account details and it shows my correct email address.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

An example for me is that I have been in the draw for tickets and so far not been lucky at getting any.

I have not had any email from the club so assumed I am unsuccessful and looked at my online ticket account where I have one notification with an envelope beside it and  I have never received any email from Hearts since the application.

I looked at my history and there is nothing there since I bought my season ticket so what is the notification?

If I click on it there is nothing there. I always check my junk folder and there is nothing there.

I get that notification as well. I just ignore it. Your account history would show if you had won in the ballot. 

been here before
8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Not everyone is glued to Social Media or Hearts related websites. My mate (a season ticket holder for many years) who goes with me and a lifelong Hearts fan never looks at the Hearts Website or Kickback etc.

Thats just moaning for moanings sake.

The Real Maroonblood
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The notification is your loyalty points. 

davemclaren
Just now, andy-y said:

Just got confirmation email YOU’RE IN

YAAAAS that’s all three games for me 

You’ll be popular. 🤣

Saint Jambo

The idea that fans who got Celtic are likely to get Hibs, while those that get Aberdeen are likely to get Livi (if numbers remain limited) is I think potentially a misunderstanding of how a weighted system would/could/should work.

After the Celtic game some people will have had 1 game and some none. So those who have had 0 games would be prioritised for the Aberdeen game. Before the Hibs game most people would have seen 1 game so they would all be treated equally for the Hibs ballot. If attendances go up for the Aberdeen game some people might get tickets for the Celtic and Aberdeen games, but then they'd be at the back of the queue for the Hibs game as they'd have seem 2 games. I'm not saying that is how it will work, but is how a weighting system could deal with the potential unfairness people have identified. Of course that means some people might get Celtic/Hibs while others get only Aberdeen. Some might feel that is unfair, but to be fair to the club, at no point have they said they'd treat games differently. At the same time I'd rather get Celtic/Aberdeen than just Celtic and hope to be prioritised for Hibs because I know at some point restrictions will be lifted so I'd rather frontload my 'luck'.

One thing I don't think is clear, unless anyone knows different, is whether if you return your ticket as you can't go, does that count as being succesful in the ballot or not. Saying it doesn't count would help ensure people returned their tickets and didn't just pass them on to mates. But at the same time, that would allow fans to potentially play the system by returning Aberdeen tickets to ensure they got Hibs tickets.

Having to ballot is a thankless task for the club and not one I think they can keep people happy, especially when as we can see from this thread people think that some season ticket holders are more deserving from others. I also think trying to divine whether groups are more likely than individuals or platinum seats more likely than silver seats to be succesful from a sample of people you know is pointless.

I don’t really understand why the attendance of season tickets holders is being restricted. I do understand the need for caution as we transition out of lockdown but to not allow all season ticket holders to attend seems petty and pathetic. Why not cap the attendance by only allowing season ticket holders in?

Covid has affected the whole country but I don’t think any region has been significantly worse hit or indeed slower on implementing their vaccination programme, so why have these restrictions?

It seems farcical that I can’t use my season ticket for this game but I can go to Adams Park tonight and Loftus Road on Saturday with no restrictions. At least on Saturday I’ll be home in time to watch us on the TV winning our first league game of the season!

♥️♥️♥️♥️

Nothing in my account, but just received an email from the club saying " your in" and that our tickets are now being sent out ?

Rogue Daddy
8 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm surprised at this. 

If you are in a network group of say three, then only the 'lead' person should apply on behalf of the group. 

Are you saying they also registered and then applied individually because that should not be permitted?

Bizarre.

It was me that was questioning it Jonno. I was basically stating that most successful fans getting tickets (on this thread) seem to be weighted towards multiple applications... as opposed to 'singles', like myself. And I was just speculating if it may be because, for instance, 1 application may have 4 horses in the race (or names in the hat)...ie. 4 times more chance than a single? I'm definitely not saying this is the case, just a theory based on this thread.

57 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

Maybe weighted towards us silver and gold cheapies :ninja:

wattie exploited

just got a email saying I have a ticket how do you find out were you are sitting as it doesn't say :rifle: