Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

Yeah, who knows 🤔.

The more Hearts fans in the better either way. 

Is there a chance of that (not seen the tweet)?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

John Findlay
6 minutes ago, swindonjambo1 said:

yes driving up as usual 

Do you go A415, and join the M5 at Gloucester turn off, straight up the M5 joining the M6 at West Bromwich, M6 all the way up to the M74, M74 to Jct12,and turn onto the A702 and come through Biggar Carlops and West Linton?

38 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I take on board the frustration but the club are following what was advised by the council so guns should be aimed elsewhere.............

And last night, Hearts moved to explain the decision that’s left their fans feeling short-changed.

“Our initial application sought permission to welcome 9,920 supporters into the ground”

“As was the case for our home Premier Sports Cup fixture against Inverness CT, the Club submitted a ‘Physical Distanced Capacity’ application to Edinburgh City Council. Our initial application sought permission to welcome 9,920 supporters into the ground.

We were subsequently advised by the local authority that, based on the need to ensure a 1-meter distance between each person within the stadium, our maximum Physical Distanced Capacity would be 6,047 as, in order to ensure said 1-meter distance, we are required to have two empty seats between each person.

For our first game at Tynecastle following this advice we were allowed 50% of the Physical Distanced Capacity. Accordingly, for last Sunday’s fixture against Inverness CT we were permitted to host 3,023 supporters. For our second game (Celtic this coming Saturday) we are allowed 75% of the Physical Distanced Capacity. Accordingly, the number permitted for Saturday is 4,535.

“Should restrictions remain unchanged for our next home fixture (vs Aberdeen on August 21st), we would expect to be allowed to welcome 6,047 supporters (100% of our max. Physical Distanced Capacity).”

That would be a sickener if we got 9920 seats and you lost in the ballot. 

The Hogfather
1 hour ago, The Treasurer said:

There were definitely tickets being passed on to non ST holders for the last couple of games 

That, however, is different from passing tickets to opposition supporters. If I wasn't able to attend on Saturday, I'd have no qualms passing my tickets onto family who could go. They're my tickets after all.

4 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

That would be a sickener if we got 9920 seats and you lost in the ballot. 

He needs two seats, a complete buffoon.

Francis Albert
31 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Those that didn’t should get first dibs you would think. 

This is so obvious that my wife who has no interest in football or Hearts was shocked that those successful in a ballot had no worse chance in later ballots than those successful. And vice versa. I would have skipped the Celtic ballot because for someone living 400 or so miles from Tynie an 8pm start on a Saturday night at 2  to 3 days notice is not practical. I would have thought a ballot for individual games would have been fairer and more practical for all. But maybe after 7 years of an IT expert running the club that is asking too much. Amazing that our IT department after 7 years under Ann seems almost as inadequate as our football department has been.

Will be interesting to see how the streaming goes on Saturday.

The SG have been by and large 5-7 days behind England in making COVID announcements who have just announced no quarantine for double jagged from US and EU soon. Surely we will follow suit and that will bring to an end all this restricted crowds in open spaces stuff? After you can’t invite half the world here and still restrict your own people can you.

Full house bums on seats on the horizon.

The Treasurer
17 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

That, however, is different from passing tickets to opposition supporters. If I wasn't able to attend on Saturday, I'd have no qualms passing my tickets onto family who could go. They're my tickets after all.

The tickets belong to Hearts and they have the right to decide who should get them. 

Personally I think an unused ticket should be passed on to another ST holder ahead of someone who hasn't put his hard earned into the club 

11 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

This is so obvious that my wife who has no interest in football or Hearts was shocked that those successful in a ballot had no worse chance in later ballots than those successful. And vice versa. I would have skipped the Celtic ballot because for someone living 400 or so miles from Tynie an 8pm start on a Saturday night at 2  to 3 days notice is not practical. I would have thought a ballot for individual games would have been fairer and more practical for all. But maybe after 7 years of an IT expert running the club that is asking too much. Amazing that our IT department after 7 years under Ann seems almost as inadequate as our football department has been.

I saw an option to "opt out" of the ballot but I wasn't taking the chance that it meant for the next game or the entire season!

The Treasurer
10 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Not sure what your latest gripe is but if you are thinking that someone successful in this ballot has the same chance in the next one as someone who has missed out then you are wrong 

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

The tickets belong to Hearts and they have the right to decide who should get them. 

Personally I think an unused ticket should be passed on to another ST holder ahead of someone who hasn't put his hard earned into the club 

Obviously. That's what I asked to be done with my ticket for Saturday but who knows if it will be.

The Treasurer
Just now, iainmac said:

I saw an option to "opt out" of the ballot but I wasn't taking the chance that it meant for the next game or the entire season!

I believe you opt in for as long as restrictions are in place, allowing you to stream games you don't attend. 

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

Obviously. That's what I asked to be done with my ticket for Saturday but who knows if it will be.

No reason to believe it won't or that you will have a better chance in the next ballot 

1 hour ago, Gershwin said:

Noticed they mentioned a weighted ballot for the next fixture – surely the ballot for the Aberdeen game should exclude people who've been successful for Celtic!

They say that. Not exclusion, just a lesser chance.

Francis Albert
2 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Not sure what your latest gripe is but if you are thinking that someone successful in this ballot has the same chance in the next one as someone who has missed out then you are wrong 

If so I have misunderstood the system. And don't understand why some are successful.in three ballots but others in none

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

No reason to believe it won't or that you will have a better chance in the next ballot 

Where did I suggest I would?

2 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I sympathise too, Ray. Something not right somewhere for sure.

Assuming every one of our 10K ST holders opted in for the LC ballot (unlikely I know, but bear with me), the ticket allocations for Cove (2K), ICT (3K) and Celtic (4.5K) would've left circa 500 ST holders missing out. 

That doesn't explain how some people managed to get tickets for all 3, unless they were provided tickets from others who were successful in a ballot?

The Hogfather
6 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Personally I don't think it's up to you to make that decision. I'd rather my unused ticket went to someone who I know, rather than someone I don't. Not that it matters, I'll be there on Saturday.

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I believe you opt in for as long as restrictions are in place, allowing you to stream games you don't attend. 

I've opted in mate but wasn't sure what the "opt out" button meant in this case - next game or whole period?

Saint Jambo
54 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Well unlike a fair portion the posts on here I try to at least check some information

My recent favourite is all those who moaned at her not being a seat apart at a previous match yet clearly the information was available to all that she was simply following policy which applied to all in attendance........................however those who have an axe to grind simply made little jabs and statements about this as if she had done something wrong..............no apologies followed of course

At times its as if people live to have a dig at her or the club and rather than just let them waffle I prefer to point out the error of their ways  !!!!😄

Where was the information available to all? The closest I have seen is a screenshot of an email to one individual.

This is what is on the club website:

"Seats have been allocated according to social distancing guidelines – please remain in your
allocated seat."

"Failure to comply with this Code of Conduct may result in disciplinary sanctions by the club."

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/2122-spectator-code-of-conduct

5 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

There are only 10,000 season ticket holders. Fairly easy to give all the folk who never got a ticket for Celtic a ticket for Aberdeen (if the 6k+ attendance figure for Aberdeen is correct) then put the rest in a ballot for remainder of available seats. That’s fair but this issue is that Hibs is next fixture up. You could have an awful lot of folk who lucked out and got tickets for a Hibs and Celtic then a lot of folk who ended up with tickets for Aberdeen and whoever is after Hibs. 

Edited by GinRummy

Francis Albert
3 minutes ago, jambovambo said:

Has there been an explanation  of what weighted ballot means? If it just means priority to.those who have missed out on previous ballots prioritising those who have missed out most often then fair enough.

Saint Jambo
4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

If so I have misunderstood the system. And don't understand why some are successful.in three ballots but others in none

2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

Assuming every one of our 10K ST holders opted in for the LC ballot (unlikely I know, but bear with me), the ticket allocations for Cove (2K), ICT (3K) and Celtic (4.5K) would've left circa 500 ST holders missing out. 

That doesn't explain how some people managed to get tickets for all 3, unless they were provided tickets from others who were successful in a ballot?

The league cup and league ballots are entirely separate. The result of the league cup ballot didn't impact on your chances of being succesful in the league ballot.

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, iainmac said:

The LC and League fixture ballots were totally separate and not linked. This doesn’t explain why some got two tickets and some none for the LC fixtures though  

Just now, davemclaren said:

The LC and League fixture ballots were totally separate and not linked. This doesn’t explain why some got two tickets and some none for the LC fixtures though  

I'm sure the one ballot covered both games did it not ?

Just now, Saint Jambo said:

The league cup and league ballots are entirely separate. The result of the league cup ballot didn't impact on your chances of being succesful in the league ballot.

That's true but I think the LC ballot was only open to ST holders as well so how were people missing out on both LC games?

davemclaren
1 minute ago, ramrod said:

I'm sure the one ballot covered both games did it not ?

Yes, but most assumed ( on the assumption no more than the two capacities applied ) that everyone would get a ticket for at least one match. 

4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Exactly. No one seems to be willing to explain that one away either!

Just now, Francis Albert said:

Right. Must be a reliable source then!

I'm not sure if you read the tweet but it's a reply from the Ticket Office?

Just now, davemclaren said:

Yes, but most assumed ( on the assumption no more than the two capacities applied ) that everyone would get a ticket for at least one match. 

Makes sense, know someone that applied for the Cove game and was surprised to find he had one for the Caley game, obv it was both games or none 

I've been allocated tickets but can't go, I've e-mailed ticket office but no reply. 

What is supposed to happen in such circumstances?

davemclaren

Makes sense, know someone that applied for the Cove game and was surprised to find he had one for the Caley game, obv it was both games or none 

I got a ticket for the cove game but not for the Inverness game. 

You had no choice but to entre the ballot for both games.

I didn't get one for the Cove game (I was on holiday anyway) but I did get one for the ICT game.

Saint Jambo
1 minute ago, iainmac said:

That's true but I think the LC ballot was only open to ST holders as well so how were people missing out on both LC games?

That is much harder to explain. At the time it seemed to be a pretty rare issue. The active thread on here about the ICT ballot only had one poster saying they'd missed both LC games. But there now seem to be far more posters on this thread saying that was the case.

That tweet certainly suggests Hearts believe everyone who applied for the LC game was either succesful or their card was declined (which could maybe be down to an error in entering the details?). I do also wonder if something went wrong for some people when they submitted for the league cup ballot meaning their entry was never recieved. I don't think there was a confirmation email of entry into the ballot. If I had been unsuccessful for all 3 games so far, I'd definitely be getting in touch with the club to check my league ballot entry has been recieved. If something has gone wrong it will be easier for the club to correct now than after the Aberdeen tickets have been allocated.

Just now, iainmac said:

You had no choice but to entre the ballot for both games.

I didn't get one for the Cove game (I was on holiday anyway) but I did get one for the ICT game.

Yep , so what's people's gripe then about some fans getting tickets for both games and others not getting tickets for any , not getting it, Seems obvious,  it was all or nothing 

Yep , so what's people's gripe then about some fans getting tickets for both games and others not getting tickets for any , not getting it, Seems obvious,  it was all or nothing 

What I don't get is group applications, if some in the pot are single and some groups, if you randomly pull a group of 4 out first you have selected once but reduced the amount by 4 

2 minutes ago, ramrod said:

Well, I think most people thought that  if you were successful for the Cove game, you wouldn't be considered for the ICT game thereby ensuring that as many different ST holders as possible saw at least one match. It was the club that insisted that everyone had to opt in to one ballot for both games.

davemclaren
Just now, iainmac said:

Well, I think most people thought that  if you were successful for the Cove game, you wouldn't be considered for the ICT game thereby ensuring that as many different ST holders as possible saw at least one match. It was the club that insisted that everyone had to opt in to one ballot for both games.

👍

Francis Albert
8 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I'm not sure if you read the tweet but it's a reply from the Ticket Office?

I read the tweet but I don't Twitter so don't know how to identify it is a reply from the Ticket Office. It read more like some guy on  Twitter!

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

I read the tweet but I don't Twitter so don't know how to identify it is a reply from the Ticket Office. It read more like some guy on  Twitter!

Some guy on Twitter emailed the TO and that's their response.

Edited by iainmac

1 minute ago, iainmac said:

Yep think it should have been two separate ballots tbh,seems a bit odd they opted to do it that way 

4 minutes ago, ericb said:

What I don't get is group applications, if some in the pot are single and some groups, if you randomly pull a group of 4 out first you have selected once but reduced the amount by 4 

Mine and my daughter applications for the Celtic game went in together as we only wanted to go together,  so for that reason I do see merit in the club structuring the ballot that way . 

18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Right. Must be a reliable source then!

I can confirm that I have been told exactly the same thing by the ticket office. The club is working on a worst case scenario that every season ticket holder will see a minimum of one game in every two for as long as crowd restrictions are lower than the number of season ticket holders. In other words, if you missed out on a ticket for the Celtic game you will get one for the Aberdeen game. Celtic ticket holders will then go in a ballot for the balance of remaining Aberdeen tickets. Those who don't get to the Aberdeen match will get tickets for the Hibs game, with those who were at the Aberdeen game going in the ballot for the balance of tickets......and so it goes on.....