Match ticket ballot ( updated )

Chaps

Not ballot related, but no Hearts Celtic thread up yet. 

Second part of the interview with Lee McCulloch is out now, talks about season aims in a competitive league, the Hearts fan base and the Tynecastle atmosphere he experienced as a player. 

Some interesting comments, reads appreciated. https://t.co/qZs4u8V9LK

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• GinRummy

• Fozzyonthefence

• Dazo

Jambof3tornado

Still bitter that we've missed out but as long as some of kickbacks finest arseholes are in attendance it gives me a crumb of comfort.

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

My mistake crunchy. I assumed you were in a group for the ballot.

Apologies.

Only goes in a group for sexy times!!!

wattie exploited
3 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Log on to e-tickets and go to account history, will show a purchase today/yesterday and tell you details 

cheers :rifle:

Jamie Borthwick thread of Twitter saying a mistake made regarding how Social Distancing is being applied at Hearts.  At Hearts a 1 meter gap is being kept with each individual.  You do not need to do this. A 1 meter gap is only required between different groups.  Up to 15 allowed in each group.

2 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

No away fans at all.

Brilliant got section J and was not looking forward to it if they had. Thanks for your help. 

6 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Jamie Borthwick thread of Twitter saying a mistake made regarding how Social Distancing is being applied at Hearts.  At Hearts a 1 meter gap is being kept with each individual.  You do not need to do this. A 1 meter gap is only required between different groups.  Up to 15 allowed in each group.

If this the case, Hearts need to fix it!!!!

Just now, bobskeldon said:

I am happy to be the 15th arsehole in a group of 14 arseholes😁

12 minutes ago, McCrae said:

And Motherwell too who are only doing groups of 4 for home fans and 1 seat, 1 gap for away fans.

For this weekend anyway.

30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

did you check your account history on e Tickets?

Yeah did that last night and this morning, In fact just rechecked just now and nothing.. Strange set of affairs, especially as I told everyone we hadn't got them... Now 2 of us can't go..****in typical.

davemclaren
Just now, Harmonica said:

Yeah did that last night and this morning, In fact just rechecked just now and nothing.. Strange set of affairs, especially as I told everyone we hadn't got them... Now 2 of us can't go..****in typical.

Weird. 

davemclaren
14 minutes ago, McCrae said:

When areas move down to Level 0, the physical distancing requirement will be 1m between households in all indoor and outdoor non-domestic premises.

the above doesn’t mention 15. 

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

2,500 will still be a higher % than what we’re getting on Saturday. If they got 1,250 last game then that’s 15% of their stadium capacity as you say (but our 3,000 v ICT was also 15% of capacity).

If they get that of course. All conjecture at the minute. Will be glad when restrictions are lifted tbh. 

The Treasurer
1 hour ago, Nunya Business said:

I doubt anyone who gets a ticket who can't attend is going to pass their tickets to someone who doesn't support Hearts. A very weird gripe this.

There were definitely tickets being passed on to non ST holders for the last couple of games 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

When areas move down to Level 0, the physical distancing requirement will be 1m between households in all indoor and outdoor non-domestic premises.

We are at zero, Dave.

Hopefully after the 9th the levels will be gone.

Libertarian

Has anyone been notified that they have been successful in the ballot for Saturday? I haven't heard anything.

Edited by Libertarian

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Boab said:

We are at zero, Dave.

Hopefully after the 9th the levels will be gone.

I agree, but I was talking about this weekend where folk say 15 folk can sit together. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Has anyone been notified that they have been successful in the ballot for Saturday? I haven't heard anything.

Yes, email earlier. 

Just now, davemclaren said:

I agree, but I was talking about this weekend where folk say 15 folk can sit together. 

👍

Libertarian
Just now, davemclaren said:

Yes, email earlier. 

Doesn't look good for me. Thanks anyway.

davemclaren
1 minute ago, Libertarian said:

Doesn't look good for me. Thanks anyway.

Have you checked your Hearts e-ticket account?

Robbo-Jambo
40 minutes ago, bobskeldon said:

This.

Schoolboy error. 🙄

Libertarian
8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Have you checked your Hearts e-ticket account?

Just worked out how to do this but nothing there. Looks like I will be watching the game from home on Saturday evening.

If we have made an error then its just another one to add to the list.  We have been aware of this for several months and just days before season starts still seem to be faffing around with whats the right software and what rules are.  For a business with the size of turnover we have it does give me the fear how we are run at times. In any other industry the club would be punished by losing customers but Hearts rely on loyalty of fans and individuals with deep pockets.

27 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

It does mention it in the text before the Table. 

Discussions on capacity numbers should take place between the local authority and venue. Matters such as ventilation system, pinch points, transport, performance type, local circumstances and length of performance, match or meeting should be taken into account to determine appropriate maximum capacity number. Social groups of 15 individuals do not have to physically distance, however must be 1m apart from other groups. There is a standard capacity limit on small events as set out in Table 2 below. The limits below do not supersede the physical distancing requirement. Where the venue cannot accommodate the limit, physical distancing based capacity limit should apply.

29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I haven’t read the report in full…. JB flags it as a source to back up his thread on Twitter.

27 minutes ago, Libertarian said:

Tickets and email arrived this morning

7 minutes ago, norrie1952 said:

I’ve given up looking.Accepted defeat.Tele and bevvy for yours truly.

Same here☹️

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Bawbag said:

It does mention it in the text before the Table. 

Discussions on capacity numbers should take place between the local authority and venue. Matters such as ventilation system, pinch points, transport, performance type, local circumstances and length of performance, match or meeting should be taken into account to determine appropriate maximum capacity number. Social groups of 15 individuals do not have to physically distance, however must be 1m apart from other groups. There is a standard capacity limit on small events as set out in Table 2 below. The limits below do not supersede the physical distancing requirement. Where the venue cannot accommodate the limit, physical distancing based capacity limit should apply.

Ah, didn’t spy that. Will take a more in depth look later. 

I take on board the frustration but the club are following what was advised by the council so guns should be aimed elsewhere.............

And last night, Hearts moved to explain the decision that’s left their fans feeling short-changed.

“Our initial application sought permission to welcome 9,920 supporters into the ground”

“As was the case for our home Premier Sports Cup fixture against Inverness CT, the Club submitted a ‘Physical Distanced Capacity’ application to Edinburgh City Council. Our initial application sought permission to welcome 9,920 supporters into the ground.

We were subsequently advised by the local authority that, based on the need to ensure a 1-meter distance between each person within the stadium, our maximum Physical Distanced Capacity would be 6,047 as, in order to ensure said 1-meter distance, we are required to have two empty seats between each person.

For our first game at Tynecastle following this advice we were allowed 50% of the Physical Distanced Capacity. Accordingly, for last Sunday’s fixture against Inverness CT we were permitted to host 3,023 supporters. For our second game (Celtic this coming Saturday) we are allowed 75% of the Physical Distanced Capacity. Accordingly, the number permitted for Saturday is 4,535.

“Should restrictions remain unchanged for our next home fixture (vs Aberdeen on August 21st), we would expect to be allowed to welcome 6,047 supporters (100% of our max. Physical Distanced Capacity).”

22 minutes ago, obua said:

Same here☹️

And again 😒

Saturday night at 8.00pm is a rotten time means getting home about midnight. 

If I had to miss a game this one is probably the easiest to accept. 

Noticed they mentioned a weighted ballot for the next fixture – surely the ballot for the Aberdeen game should exclude people who've been successful for Celtic!

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I take on board the frustration but the club are following what was advised by the council so guns should be aimed elsewhere.............

And last night, Hearts moved to explain the decision that’s left their fans feeling short-changed.

“Our initial application sought permission to welcome 9,920 supporters into the ground”

“As was the case for our home Premier Sports Cup fixture against Inverness CT, the Club submitted a ‘Physical Distanced Capacity’ application to Edinburgh City Council. Our initial application sought permission to welcome 9,920 supporters into the ground.

We were subsequently advised by the local authority that, based on the need to ensure a 1-meter distance between each person within the stadium, our maximum Physical Distanced Capacity would be 6,047 as, in order to ensure said 1-meter distance, we are required to have two empty seats between each person.

For our first game at Tynecastle following this advice we were allowed 50% of the Physical Distanced Capacity. Accordingly, for last Sunday’s fixture against Inverness CT we were permitted to host 3,023 supporters. For our second game (Celtic this coming Saturday) we are allowed 75% of the Physical Distanced Capacity. Accordingly, the number permitted for Saturday is 4,535.

“Should restrictions remain unchanged for our next home fixture (vs Aberdeen on August 21st), we would expect to be allowed to welcome 6,047 supporters (100% of our max. Physical Distanced Capacity).”

Are you Ann Budge’s pet parrot ? 😏

Just now, Gershwin said:

Noticed they mentioned a weighted ballot for the next fixture – surely the ballot for the Aberdeen game should exclude people who've been successful for Celtic!

I wonder what a weighted ballot is ?  🏐

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, Gershwin said:

Those that didn’t should get first dibs you would think. 

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

I don’t think this will be a surprise to anyone since it’s already been mentioned in this thread umpteen times!

So what has happened - had Edinburgh Council advised Hibs one thing and something completely different to Hearts?  The thing is other councils (and possibly with Hibs) were already allowing clubs to have groups up to 15 so I don’t understand how this can have gone under the radar at the council or at Tynecastle to be honest.  

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, McCrae said:

Duplicate post

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

12 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Can’t we blame Hearts and the council? 

Not convinced Hearts have got their application correct though. 

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Are you Ann Budge’s pet parrot ? 😏

Well unlike a fair portion the posts on here I try to at least check some information

My recent favourite is all those who moaned at her not being a seat apart at a previous match yet clearly the information was available to all that she was simply following policy which applied to all in attendance........................however those who have an axe to grind simply made little jabs and statements about this as if she had done something wrong..............no apologies followed of course

At times its as if people live to have a dig at her or the club and rather than just let them waffle I prefer to point out the error of their ways  !!!!😄

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, Robbo-Jambo said:

This.

Schoolboy error. 🙄

To be fair, it’s still not clear whose error it is, is it?   Did the council give the club shite advice or the did the club just submit a socially distanced application based on 1 metre distancing (when they didn’t have to) and the council came back with a figure based on the club’s plan to have 1 metre distancing for everyone?

Robbo-Jambo
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

To be fair, it’s still not clear whose error it is, is it?   Did the council give the club shite advice or the did the club just submit a socially distanced application based on 1 metre distancing (when they didn’t have to) and the council came back with a figure based on the club’s plan to have 1 metre distancing for everyone?

Yeah, who knows 🤔.

The more Hearts fans in the better either way. 

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, swindonjambo1 said:

Cant wait to get back in !!! 8PM kickoff means probably get back home for 6am on Sunday morning tho

You driving? 😳

3 minutes ago, swindonjambo1 said:

Cant wait to get back in !!! 8PM kickoff means probably get back home for 6am on Sunday morning tho

That’s too much likes. Just watch it at home on tv. If you decide not to go, I can help you get rid of ticket. Feel free to DM me.