Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold

lou

Pasquale for King
28 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Should they not have used loyalty points instead of a ballot? 

Top 500 people for the ICT game and then 501-1001 for the Cove game.

I thought they would go that route tbh. 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambof3tornado

• been here before

• jr ewing

Pasquale for King
30 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Considering 16,500 makes up roughly 25% of the total capacity of Murrayfield, I don't think we'll see the same applied to Tynecastle somehow.

Was it the council that decided that? If so we should get the same as our entrances and exits are as spacious as those at Murrayfield. 

Pasquale for King

The club will surely just have the 500 in the main stand or two at the most surely? 

Saint Jambo
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I mistook him saying our first two games for our first two games, not very clear was he? I still can’t believe it’s different from the euro games or Lions game. You get the feeling the council won’t give us any more but Rangers will have more at their first League game. 
I sincerely hope the club won’t sell tickets to away fans.,

It's not different from the Euros and Lions game. To go above the baseline number at each level requires an application to the local authority outlining how the organisation will manage the larger number in a way that allows for social distancing and minimising risk. Those are assessed on a case-by-case basis. Hearts have said in their statement they are currently going through that process.

"We are applying for additional capacity and remain hopeful that we can offer more supporters the opportunity to purchase a ticket."

The 500 number is just the baseline number for the level 2 restrictions that are currently in place. Just a case of waiting and seeing what we get approval for.

53 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

500 for our cup games, but 12k for the Euro games at Hampden? :laugh: Not much of a surprise when you consider the level of contempt the Scottish government has shown towards football fans in this country for the last number of years. 

It was ok for 16,500 farmers and public school boys to gather at Murrayfield for a meaningless game of rugby last week though.

Agree with your first paragraph… 2nd paragraph is just ridiculous and takes away from the point you are trying to make.

Its wrong that more spectators are not allowed into football games in Scotland compared to other sports.  Who gives a xxxx about the background of the spectators.

Saint Jambo
11 minutes ago, Jambos1983 said:

The sky interview said it'll be 2000 initially and we can apply to have more

That applies once we are at level 0. Current indicative date for that is 19 July. While we are at level 2 it is 500 initially and we can apply for more.

Edited by Saint Jambo

Jambos1983
8 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

That applies once we are at level 0. Current indicative date for that is 19 July. While we are at level 2 it is 50p initially and we can apply for more.

Fair dos he must've meant league games

39 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was it the council that decided that? If so we should get the same as our entrances and exits are as spacious as those at Murrayfield. 

Was murrayfield a pilot event or gateway

Saint Jambo
25 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I believe it went through the gateway events process. It isn't significantly different other than Government are directly involved in assessing the proposal along with the local authority.

The Scottish Government 'pilot' event process was suspended in the autumn and never restarted. There continue to be 'pilot' events in other parts of the UK.

Pasquale for King
47 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

That appears to be the excuse, it was used when Centre court had the roof over it at Wimbledon too.
500 in a 20k stadium is absolute nonsense. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

It's not different from the Euros and Lions game. To go above the baseline number at each level requires an application to the local authority outlining how the organisation will manage the larger number in a way that allows for social distancing and minimising risk. Those are assessed on a case-by-case basis. Hearts have said in their statement they are currently going through that process.

"We are applying for additional capacity and remain hopeful that we can offer more supporters the opportunity to purchase a ticket."

The 500 number is just the baseline number for the level 2 restrictions that are currently in place. Just a case of waiting and seeing what we get approval for.

Let’s hope so 👍🏽🤞

Shanks said no

Hibs playing Arsenal on 13 July in a friendly, understand they are already lobbying for more than 500.

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

So if you are successful for the 1st game do you get entered for 2nd ballot??

if you are unsuccessful for our fixture vs Cove Rangers you will automatically be included for the ballot for Inverness CT.’

The answer is no from my interpretation of the above. 

davemclaren
Just now, The Frenchman Returns said:

Hibs playing Arsenal on 13 July in a friendly, understand they are already lobbying for more than 500.

I bet they are as Arsenal are probably charging a fee. 

Shanks said no
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I bet they are as Arsenal are probably charging a fee. 

Rangers also playing Arsenal on 17th July

heartsfc_fan

So Hampden is allowed to be 20% but club games aren't?

We could have 3500-4000 at Tynecastle for these early round cup games!

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

Hampden applied for special permission, as Hearts are. 

heartsfc_fan
1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

👍

1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

As things stand the Cove game could only have a maximum of 2k even with permission.

Saint Jambo
11 minutes ago, Awbdy Oot said:

As things stand the Cove game could only have a maximum of 2k even with permission.

Why do you believe that to be the case?

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Why do you believe that to be the case?

Yeah the guidance states that since we are in level 2 at this time, any special exemption can’t exceed thr numbers allowed in level 0 for seated outdoor events (2k)

Jambof3tornado
8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

if you are unsuccessful for our fixture vs Cove Rangers you will automatically be included for the ballot for Inverness CT.’

The answer is no from my interpretation of the above. 

I know they had said previously that those who miss out would have a better chance in the next ballot and that only works if the do not include winners from ballot 1 in ballot 2.

Saint Jambo
6 hours ago, Newton51 said:

Yeah the guidance states that since we are in level 2 at this time, any special exemption can’t exceed thr numbers allowed in level 0 for seated outdoor events (2k)

Thanks.

32 minutes ago, Midloth_Iain said:

Celtic will be ragin' if this is true  😆

Sun predicting no away fans at opening league game, possibly 4000 Hearts fans.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/7347546/celtic-fans-ange-postecoglou-hearts/

Awww boohoohoo Celtic fans might not get in.

It's OUR ****ing home game. Sun knobs. 😁🖕

16 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Considering 16,500 makes up roughly 25% of the total capacity of Murrayfield, I don't think we'll see the same applied to Tynecastle somehow.

I think part of the issue is relating to the concourse rather than in the seating area of the stadium.

Concourse is much smaller area and more enclosed so no doubt would have to come up with some sort of means to keep crowds apart.

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

If it had been at Parkhead they would have been saying nothing about us not getting any tickets.

Mid Calder Jambo
18 hours ago, 1953 said:

Sounds good to me. Not everyone will be happy with this but it'll be down to individual choice whether to attend or not.

Spot on. Should be individuals and nobody else that makes the choice.

The Hogfather
2 hours ago, wavydavy said:

I think part of the issue is relating to the concourse rather than in the seating area of the stadium.

Concourse is much smaller area and more enclosed so no doubt would have to come up with some sort of means to keep crowds apart.

I see your point about the size of the concourse, but the photos of the queues for refreshments at the game go against the general idea of what you’re saying. It doesn’t seem there was much in the way of social distancing at the rugby and you can guarantee that football fans will be held to a different standard than those at the rugby. 

kingantti1874
21 hours ago, neilnunb said:

should not lot in more than a couple of hundred  ever. And set purchase history minimum for home fans

Bazzas right boot
On 02/07/2021 at 18:35, Nunya Business said:

500 for our cup games, but 12k for the Euro games at Hampden? :laugh: Not much of a surprise when you consider the level of contempt the Scottish government has shown towards football fans in this country for the last number of years. 

It was ok for 16,500 farmers and public school boys to gather at Murrayfield for a meaningless game of rugby last week though.

When was the last time a rugby crowd destroyed a city centre pushing the police and NHS to it's limits, putting public safety and property at risk and costing thousands of £ worth of damage? 

Then ask yourselve When was the last time rangers, sorry football fans did the same? 

Then you may have answer to why football fans are treated with "contempt"? 

tynietigers
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

When was the last time a rugby crowd destroyed a city centre pushing the police and NHS to it's limits, putting public safety and property at risk and costing thousands of £ worth of damage? 

Then ask yourselve When was the last time rangers, sorry football fans did the same? 

Correct 👍🏻 But I had a friend who was working at Murryfield at the Lions game which ran out of beer 🍺 and police had to shut bars and deal with rugby fans who were abusing and getting out of order with staff. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, tynietigers said:

Correct 👍🏻 But I had a friend who was working at Murryfield at the Lions game which ran out of beer 🍺 and police had to shut bars and deal with rugby fans who were abusing and getting out of order with staff. 

Oooh. 

Drunk lads getting angry at a bar that ran out of beer. 

When will the madness stop!

tynietigers
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Oooh. 

Drunk lads getting angry at a bar that ran out of beer. 

When will the madness stop!

I don’t mind you, but you really don’t help yourself with how you respond to people 🤔 I said you were correct but my point was that anybody can be a dick with drink in them and if the police hadn’t been there it would of got out of hand, also staff were only doing their job and don’t need to be in fear 👍🏻

1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

When Murrayfield held either a semi or final of some rugby tournament and the state of the city after the Welsh fans… 

Not quite Rangers fans levels of trashing but it isn’t like rugby fans are angels… plenty scum in them. 

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

I don’t mind you, but you really don’t help yourself with how you respond to people 🤔 I said you were correct but my point was that anybody can be a dick with drink in them and if the police hadn’t been there it would of got out of hand, also staff were only doing their job and don’t need to be in fear 👍🏻

Every pub has and will have this issue, people can be dicks. 

Pubs and clubs will have this issue with certain groups all the time. 

It's not on the scale of what rangers fans done just recently tho. 

My point about why football fans can  get treated differently stands and Although it is shite, football fans let themselves down regularly compared to other sports fans. 

To the original poster-I'd point any anger at groups like the rangers fans that destroyed the city centre rather than the government when it comes to blame for football fans getting treated differently. 

Bazzas right boot
23 minutes ago, kila said:

When Murrayfield held either a semi or final of some rugby tournament and the state of the city after the Welsh fans… 

Not quite Rangers fans levels of trashing but it isn’t like rugby fans are angels… plenty scum in them. 

I also remember when celtic played the ucl game at Murryfield. 

There was tension, it was weird. Violence was waiting to break out. 

There were Hearts fans having fights with each other in the sf at Murryfield as well. 

Some football fans are scum, they go looking for a fight. 

Very rare in other sports. 

I don't really care about this but having been in football crowds and rugby crowds I've witnessed individual fights to running battles, none were at the rugby.

I've never seen someone glassed at the rugby either. 

Im sure a quick check would provide numbers of incidents and police resources used at football games v rugby, basketball, hockey etc. 

Unfortunately imo the OF are largely to blame for the image of  the Scottish football fan and after Glasgow was wrecked a short time ago that perception won't change soon. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

tynietigers
4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Every pub has and will have this issue, people can be dicks. 

Pubs and clubs will have this issue with certain groups all the time. 

It's not on the scale of what rangers fans done just recently tho. 

My point about why football fans can  get treated differently stands and Although it is shite, football fans let themselves down regularly compared to other sports fans. 

To the original poster-I'd point any anger at groups like the rangers fans that destroyed the city centre rather than the government when it comes to blame for football fans getting treated differently. 

But we both know I wasn’t trying to say it was on the same scale, just that drink can make all people act differently when consuming to much. And yes rugby fans definitely get treated differently as most people were drinking in the street before Lions game, which when I was walking to a Celtic match 2 years ago by myself with a can in hand, I was approached by police and hand it over as they used the process of being to close to stadium, even though I was causing no bother and sober as I had just opened it 😩 and when I questioned if it really was necessary they threatened me with arrest ☹️

tynietigers
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I also remember when celtic played the ucl game at Murryfield. 

There was tension, it was weird. Violence was waiting to break out. 

There were Hearts fans having fights with each other in the sf at Murryfield as well. 

Some football fans are scum, they go looking for a fight. 

Very rare in other sports. 

I don't really care about this but having been in football crowds and rugby crowds I've witnessed individual fights to running battles, none were at the rugby.

I've never seen someone glassed at the rugby either. 

Im sure a quick check would provide numbers of incidents and police resources used at football games v rugby, basketball, hockey etc. 

Unfortunately imo the OF are largely to blame for the image of  the Scottish football fan and after Glasgow was wrecked a short time ago that perception won't change soon. 

With working in pubs for 30 years it used to be a pleasure to have the rugby fans up as they policed each other brilliantly 👍🏻 As the older generation kept it tight but over the last 5/10 years it is changing and a lot of the old boys don’t go and the young generation don’t bring the same values. 

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, tynietigers said:

But we both know I wasn’t trying to say it was on the same scale, just that drink can make all people act differently when consuming to much. And yes rugby fans definitely get treated differently as most people were drinking in the street before Lions game, which when I was walking to a Celtic match 2 years ago by myself with a can in hand, I was approached by police and hand it over as they used the process of being to close to stadium, even though I was causing no bother and sober as I had just opened it 😩 and when I questioned if it really was necessary they threatened me with arrest ☹️

Yip. 

I've had that too. 

Can't blame tho, experience and history backs them up. 

The fact you can drink at the rugby and not at the football highlights this more than anything. 

The Hogfather
3 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

You'd have a point if the Scottish Government had only started treating the average football supporter with the highest contempt since COVID-19 took hold. But since this has been the case for years, you don't really have a point. Quelle surprise.

Also, as someone who has never smashed up a city centre, pushed the police or the NHS to their respective limits, put public safety and property at risk and caused thousands of pounds worth of damage, your tirade against Rangers fans here means literally nothing to me. There are thousands of football fans up and down this country who have never done any of the things you've listed, but we should be treated with contempt because others have? Pipe down mate, this discussion is for adults. You have no place here.

Bazzas right boot
12 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

You'd have a point if the Scottish Government had only started treating the average football supporter with the highest contempt since COVID-19 took hold. But since this has been the case for years, you don't really have a point. Quelle surprise.

Also, as someone who has never smashed up a city centre, pushed the police or the NHS to their respective limits, put public safety and property at risk and caused thousands of pounds worth of damage, your tirade against Rangers fans here means literally nothing to me. There are thousands of football fans up and down this country who have never done any of the things you've listed, but we should be treated with contempt because others have? Pipe down mate, this discussion is for adults. You have no place here.

Aye, football fans have no history of violence. 

None at all. 

Scottish football fans have a history of  behaving similarly to the fans that follow the Olympics, rugby, hockey, basketball, tennis along with other entertainment options such as the theatre goers. 

It's only the Scottish government and the police under their orders that treat football fans differently. 

Pick on them really. 

You are correct. Only adults can see that. 

I'm not your mate- lad. 

And treated "with contempt" ... 😂😂😂.  

Sit doon. 

The Hogfather
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Aye, football fans have no history of violence. 

None at all. 

Scottish football fans have a history of  behaving similarly to the fans that follow the Olympics, rugby, hockey, basketball, tennis along with other entertainment options such as the theatre goers. 

It's only the Scottish government and the police under their orders that treat football fans differently. 

Pick on them really. 

You are correct. Only adults can see that. 

I'm not your mate- lad. 

Oh I know you're not my mate. I don't imagine you'd have many of those considering the way you speak to people. Please feel free to show me examples within the last 40 years of Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Aberdeen, Dundee, St Johnstone or Montrose fans smashing up city centres or pushing the NHS to its limits. Not that you will, it's not how you operate. Even if you could find such examples, you'd just resort to hyperbole to try and push your point. Which is why many people on here fail to take you seriously. I wonder if you enjoy labelling other sections of society based on the actions of the minority. 

Once again, as someone who has never once been arrested, I resent the Scottish Government and the polices assertion that I'm some sort of criminal who can't be trusted because of the behaviour of others.

Bazzas right boot
14 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Oh I know you're not my mate. I don't imagine you'd have many of those considering the way you speak to people. Please feel free to show me examples within the last 40 years of Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell, Aberdeen, Dundee, St Johnstone or Montrose fans smashing up city centres or pushing the NHS to its limits. Not that you will, it's not how you operate. Even if you could find such examples, you'd just resort to hyperbole to try and push your point. Which is why many people on here fail to take you seriously. I wonder if you enjoy labelling other sections of society based on the actions of the minority. 

Once again, as someone who has never once been arrested, I resent the Scottish Government and the polices assertion that I'm some sort of criminal who can't be trusted because of the behaviour of others.

You Say the discussion is for adults - then start saying I've not got many mates. 

Good to see you're acting like an adult and keeping the conversation on point. 👍

If you are taking it literally and that smashing up a city is the benchmark, then there are none. I never once considered that the benchmark for good behaviour. 

However, a quick you tube check will show various running battles between different sets of fans in stations, city centres and in grounds. 

I have witnessed attacks, fights with other fans and even amongst ourselves. 

Plenty evidence of football fans acting very differently from fans of other sports or activities. 

There's even documentaries on it. 

It's not a surprise. 

You've also in your  rabid responses missed the glaring part of my post where I said that all football fans get treated like OF fans, and the image of them often portrayed in the media. That is not right. 

To get on point, how do you feel you have been treated with contempt and treated like a criminal? 

Has the government made you feel like a criminal-  if so, in what way? 

Do you feel like you are being treated like a criminal because there are restrictions on capacities? 

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

You Say the discussion is for adults - then start saying I've not got many mates. 

Good to see you're acting like an adult and keeping the conversation on point. 👍

If you are taking it literally and that smashing o a city is the benchmark, then there are none. I never once considered that the benchmark fur good behaviour. 

However, a quick you tube check will show various running battles between different sets of fans in stations, city centres and in grounds. 

I have witnessed attacks, fights with other fans and even amongst ourselves. 

Plenty evidence of football fans acting very differently from fans of other sports or activities. 

There's even documentaries on it. 

It's not a surprise. 

You've also in your  rabid responses missed the glaring part of my post where I said that all football fans get treated like OF fans, and the image of them often portrayed in the media. That is not right. 

To get on point, how do you feel you have been treated with contempt and treated like a criminal? 

Has the government made you feel like a criminal-  if so, in what way? 

Do you feel like you are being treated like a criminal because there are restrictions on capacities? 

Your victim mentality really amuses me, do you know that? Here you are, criticising me for my conduct while throwing cheap digs in yourself. What a funny wee guy you are. It does, however, seem a bit strange how you see all these acts of violence at the football when I've seen so few. I wonder if there's a reason why it seems to happen around you so often. I don't tend to take much interest in that kind of thing, so maybe that's the difference between us.

If you want to show me videos of football fans fighting, go ahead. I'll show you videos of people fighting at music festivals, airports, town centres at 2am, horse racing and even at your beloved rugby. People find reasons to be violent and guess what pal, not all of them revolve around football. That doesn't mean everyone should be held accountable for the actions of idiots, which is what the Scottish Government have done for years. Perhaps you should read up on the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act (2012) and why it was repealed. It goes back even further when Thatcher wanted football fans to carry ID cards, the only section of society in Britain who would have to do so. But you wouldn't want to know about that, because it doesn't play into your victim mentality.

Your last question doesn't really deserve an answer, because you're just trying to be contrary.

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

Your victim mentality really amuses me, do you know that? Here you are, criticising me for my conduct while throwing cheap digs in yourself. What a funny wee guy you are. It does, however, seem a bit strange how you see all these acts of violence at the football when I've seen so few. I wonder if there's a reason why it seems to happen around you so often. I don't tend to take much interest in that kind of thing, so maybe that's the difference between us.

If you want to show me videos of football fans fighting, go ahead. I'll show you videos of people fighting at music festivals, airports, town centres at 2am, horse racing and even at your beloved rugby. People find reasons to be violent and guess what pal, not all of them revolve around football. That doesn't mean everyone should be held accountable for the actions of idiots, which is what the Scottish Government have done for years. Perhaps you should read up on the Offensive Behaviour at Football Act (2012) and why it was repealed. It goes back even further when Thatcher wanted football fans to carry ID cards, the only section of society in Britain who would have to do so. But you wouldn't want to know about that, because it doesn't play into your victim mentality.

Your last question doesn't really deserve an answer, because you're just trying to be contrary.

I can show you a fight at a pensioners tea party as well. 

I also remember many a concert resulting in racist, secterian and violent behaviour that results in running battles and passes on from generation to generation and is entangled with relegion and politics. 

No one will hold you accountable if other football fans get arrested, you seem to take things very personally, yet say I have a victim mentality, I feel a little bit of projection here. 

I also, remember The documentary on the Take That casuals, it was particularly enlightening, the West Life Crew never stood a chance. 

Football culture is definitely the same as the other things you seem to want it grouped along side with. 

If you feel that picked on maybe you and all your mates can start a support group, after all you have loads. 👍

Unlike poor me, who apparently has a victim mentality and nae pals. 😢

That's about as serious an answer I can muster now as it feels like it's more personal  to you than just the government restricting crowds during a pandemic.  The ID card stuff is verging on tin foil hat territory and taken the subject beyond my interest and off topic. Although, as  a side note I'd carry an ID card no problem, surprised you wouldn't - being a upstanding and honest adult n' all. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold