Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold

lou

lost in space
33 minutes ago, luckydug said:

It's not just about the final we had a great season and rounded it off with a Scottish Cup win. 

If you were unhappy about that then I'm afraid you are going to be eternally miserable watching Hearts. 

Going by your posting history I shouldn't be surprised🤨

It was a very good season with some very good players. Fantastic semi final. I WAS disappointed with our performance in final though. On the day we didn't play well. Not tactical - we just didn't play as well as we normally had.

I have been miserable and extatic (not at same time tho) when watching Hearts. For the present, I can take losing (pre requisite for a jambo) but I can't stand the Levein/Neilson mindset of "possession without progression".

Thanks for taking the time to read my posting history.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambof3tornado

• been here before

• jr ewing

coatbridgejambo
On 16/08/2021 at 20:13, jonnothejambo said:

Not necessarily. I am in Section Q lower and have a new card for the seat I have occupied since the stand was opened. 

Yup your right 

2 new cards arrived today. 

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, luckydug said:

It's not just about the final we had a great season and rounded it off with a Scottish Cup win. 

If you were unhappy about that then I'm afraid you are going to be eternally miserable watching Hearts. 

Going by your posting history I shouldn't be surprised🤨

It was, but arguably we should have won the league. 

If Vlad hadn't gone all Vlad we'd have won the league. 

Only times I've seen celtic come to Tynecastle and shite the bed, as in start cagey and defensive. 

We had them at one point, 2-0 up at Xmas and a post width of making it 3.

That was after the first skelping we gave them as well. 

Win that, add maybe 2 good players in January we were flying. 

Instead, we got rix, faxes and a whole ****ing load of nonsense. 

It all went sideways to the extent rangers were a baw hair from us. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Fozzyonthefence
5 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Nope.

It was about a yard outside the box, not even close to a penalty!  Willing to take any wager you want on it. 

Edit: ok, it wasn’t a yard but about a foot.  Both Rangers players made contact outside the box.  I can’t post the YouTube link here unfortunately. 

Edited by Fozzyonthefence

I was looking to buy 2 seasons as a present, but the they don;t seem to be available on the eTicket site. Are they still on sale?

1 minute ago, Greenbank2 said:

I was looking to buy 2 seasons as a present, but the they don;t seem to be available on the eTicket site. Are they still on sale?

Not officially though you could email or phone the ticket office and ask. Can’t see why they would turn down good money. 

5 minutes ago, Greenbank2 said:

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not officially though you could email or phone the ticket office and ask. Can’t see why they would turn down good money. 

I would have thought that with the announcement on the share handover to FOH there would be a bit of a boost in season ticket sales due to the "feel good" factor.

Seems a bit strange  that HMFC would have stopped selling them before this news.

9 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I think eyeryone in the ground thought he’d given a penalty and as you say, he probably had.  Thank god we never had VAR that day or the wait may well have gone on!  Think the McCoist one was on the line so should’ve have been a penalty and the foul on Fulton for our penalty was a mile outside the box!  Think that was the first time I can remember getting a break against the OF from the refs!  But not much has changed since. 

A mile outside the box! No way!

2 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

It was about a yard outside the box, not even close to a penalty!  Willing to take any wager you want on it. 

Edit: ok, it wasn’t a yard but about a foot.  Both Rangers players made contact outside the box.  I can’t post the YouTube link here unfortunately. 

Glad you edited that, mate !

😁

Fozzyonthefence
3 hours ago, Thomaso said:

A mile outside the box! No way!

Aye that was my drunken memory of it but found the clip again and it was about a foot.  Still, thankfully no VAR then and still none in Scottish football!  

Hackney Hearts
1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Aye that was my drunken memory of it but found the clip again and it was about a foot.  Still, thankfully no VAR then and still none in Scottish football!  

Ok, you've gone from a mile outside the box, to a yard, to a foot... keep going!

There's no need to post the clip, I think we've all seen it many times - and the truth is, the contact is roughly on the line. There is no angle that can be more precise than that, it could be a few inches either away. One thing's for sure, VAR would not have enough evidence to overturn the referee's on field decision.

At least it was worthy of a penalty, because Fulton was heading towards goal - so often you see penalties given in very non-threatening positions, facing away from goal, freak handballs etc.

7 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Ok, you've gone from a mile outside the box, to a yard, to a foot... keep going!

There's no need to post the clip, I think we've all seen it many times - and the truth is, the contact is roughly on the line. There is no angle that can be more precise than that, it could be a few inches either away. One thing's for sure, VAR would not have enough evidence to overturn the referee's on field decision.

At least it was worthy of a penalty, because Fulton was heading towards goal - so often you see penalties given in very non-threatening positions, facing away from goal, freak handballs etc.

Bang on! 👍

Fozzyonthefence
8 hours ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Rubbish!  You don’t have to try to justify it because it was a Hearts penalty.  If it was given at the other end everyone on here would have been accusing Willie Young of cheating!  Watch it again - even AFTER the Rangers player has made the tackle, his foot is still OUTSIDE the box when he grounds it.  

There’s nothing in the rules about which direction you have to be running for a penalty to be awarded!  

You’re wrong about VAR too.  One of the few good things about it is that it’s either offside or onside or in the box or outside.  There’s no “roughly” comes into, it either is or isn’t.  And that clearly wasn’t.  Where it is more subjective like a dubious foul with minimal contact - that’s where the refs tend not to get overruled. 

I think you’re getting confused with the McCoist one at the end. 

1 hour ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Rubbish!  You don’t have to try to justify it because it was a Hearts penalty.  If it was given at the other end everyone on here would have been accusing Willie Young of cheating!  Watch it again - even AFTER the Rangers player has made the tackle, his foot is still OUTSIDE the box when he grounds it.  

There’s nothing in the rules about which direction you have to be running for a penalty to be awarded!  

You’re wrong about VAR too.  One of the few good things about it is that it’s either offside or onside or in the box or outside.  There’s no “roughly” comes into, it either is or isn’t.  And that clearly wasn’t.  Where it is more subjective like a dubious foul with minimal contact - that’s where the refs tend not to get overruled. 

I think you’re getting confused with the McCoist one at the end. 

Looked miles inside to me. 😎

Either way, every team gets breaks or bad decisions. Part and parcel of football - or it used to be. 

At the 20th Anniversay celebration event at the Edinburgh Conference Centre, Willie Young said he gave the penalty for a tug on the shirt.

2 minutes ago, footieok said:

At the 20th Anniversay celebration event at the Edinburgh Conference Centre, Willie Young said he gave the penalty for a tug on the shirt.

If the movement continues into the box after the tug on shirt starts outside it's still a penalty.

Top refereeing. 

(See also Suso Santana May 2012)

Edited by Mikey1874

Fozzyonthefence
1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Looked miles inside to me. 😎

Either way, every team gets breaks or bad decisions. Part and parcel of football - or it used to be. 

The main thing was Willie Young saw it that way.👍

Fozzyonthefence
37 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

If the movement continues into the box after the tug on shirt starts outside it's still a penalty.

Top refereeing. 

(See also Suso Santana May 2012)

Yes, that’s correct on the rule, although foul outside the box and fall into the box isn’t a penalty, unless there is still contact inside.  To be fair, the shirt tug was probably closer to the box than the trip which was definitely outside.  It was certainly closer to being a penalty than the Suso one!  By the way, check out this shameful piece of reporting in the Day Late Record, strange bit of journalism on what was a clear foul (maybe did make a meal of it but what is the pros say - feel the contact, entitled to go down?!).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-cup-final-suso-santana-878328.amp

Fozzyonthefence
12 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Pretty good eyesight considering he never ventured from the centre circle as he jokingly stated at a function i attended.

Very nice bloke too.

I was surprised to see the thing Jeffries said about him telling him he added time on because Rousset was time wasting with the ball at his feet - the ball was in play so he he had no right to add time on for that!  He was supposed to be our top ref back then too!

Anyway, I digress, just remembered this is thread on ST sales!

18 minutes ago, south morocco said:

Does anyone know if you need a new swipe card for this season? Renewed ages ago but never received a new card..

M neither so I assume my current one is fine. 

On 18/08/2021 at 15:10, lost in space said:

It was a very good season with some very good players. Fantastic semi final. I WAS disappointed with our performance in final though. On the day we didn't play well. Not tactical - we just didn't play as well as we normally had.

I have been miserable and extatic (not at same time tho) when watching Hearts. For the present, I can take losing (pre requisite for a jambo) but I can't stand the Levein/Neilson mindset of "possession without progression".

Thanks for taking the time to read my posting history.

Didn't have to look up your posting history. Your posts always stick out like festering sore thumb. 

lost in space
11 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Didn't have to look up your posting history. Your posts always stick out like festering sore thumb. 

Oh dear, not having a good day??

It was yourself who mentioned the contents of my posting history, so you were either telling fibs then - or now.

Do try not to contradict yourself - it could make you look a bit silly..

Thanks - glad my posts "stick out" in such an outstanding manner.

39 minutes ago, luckydug said:

:spoton:

lost in space
9 minutes ago, frankblack said:

:spoton:

I knew my stalker would be along soon....

Frank - seen SRB? Getting worried - havn't seen a post from either of you for quite a few minutes now.

4 hours ago, lost in space said:

I knew my stalker would be along soon....

Frank - seen SRB? Getting worried - havn't seen a post from either of you for quite a few minutes now.

:rofl:

lost in space
10 hours ago, frankblack said:

Usual garbage from you then??

Actually very good song and video.

Maybe you should stick to music - where you seem to have some appreciation of entertainment.

41 minutes ago, lost in space said:

Usual garbage from you then??

Actually very good song and video.

Maybe you should stick to music - where you seem to have some appreciation of entertainment.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Looks like we have sold out out season ticket allocation! 

Superb!!! Well done!!! 

Last one sold in Peebles, unless I’m missing something. 😄

40 minutes ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Superb!!! Well done!!! 

Is that due to covid restrictions?

A mate of mine was trying to buy one last week and he couldnt access on the website.

4 hours ago, ScottieMac17 said:

Superb!!! Well done!!! 

did they not just end due to the season starting 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

6 hours ago, Ked said:

Is that due to covid restrictions?

A mate of mine was trying to buy one last week and he couldnt access on the website.

No it's because they're not on general sale anymore.

If yer mate calls or pops in I'm sure they'll facilitate him though.

3 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

did they not just end due to the season starting 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Naw, welll not always been the case, I got one well after the season started about 11-12 years ago. 

Edited by GinRummy

kingantti1874
15 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Naw, welll not always been the case, I got one well after the season started about 11-12 years ago. 

I got one in 19/20 in October . 

20 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Do they not do the 1/2 season tickets later on

1 minute ago, 160598 said:

Do they not do the 1/2 season tickets later on

Think they still do but it was into September I got one. Had just come out of hospital which is why I never got one earlier 

1 hour ago, jamboman9 said:

Thanks.

Anyone know when tickets will be on sale for the hobos game? I'm off work that weekend and so is the wife, she's never been to Tynecastle before so what better game to induct her?

3 hours ago, jamboman9 said:

Nope. I went in yesterday and they can't sell them anymore, at least until the red zones aren't required anymore