• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambof3tornado

• been here before

• jr ewing

There was heaps of space at the Cove game with lots of areas totally unoccupied.

Oh, and the pitch was looking splendid.

Screenshot_20210714-093102_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210714-093112_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210714-093147_Gallery.jpg

The Aberdeen figure of just under 6000 is based on a 1m difference which they have been discussing with the government and council

They have 7700 season ticket holders

The 2000 limit is based on 2m differences as part of the conditions

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

The Aberdeen figure of just under 6000 is based on a 1m difference which they have been discussing with the government and council

They have 7700 season ticket holders

The 2000 limit is based on 2m differences as part of the conditions

I thought they were going to sell 15,000 ST according to Davie Cormack 

Aberdeen are "hopeful" of having 5,655 fans at Pittodrie for their Europa Conference League qualifier against BK Hacken next Thursday.

The club initially applied for permission to host just over 8,000 fans for their opening games of the season.

But they say due to 1m social distancing rules remaining at Level 0 that is no longer possible.

The club added it believes council officials are "satisfied" they can safely host just over 5,000.

"This positive feedback of our highly regulated environment combined with government and scientific advice that controlled outdoor events are more acceptable than indoor gatherings gives us confidence that we will get the go‐ahead from the local authority," said chairman Dave Cormack.

Clubs in Scotland will be allowed to host 2,000 fans without prior permission from Monday 19 July, but can request greater numbers from their local council on a case-by-case basis.

“Being able to host meaningful numbers of fans at Pittodrie for the BK Hacken game will be welcomed not only by supporters but by the first team squad and the manager who are desperate to get back to playing in front of home crowds.

“We’re grateful to Aberdeen City Council officers for working collaboratively with us on our application and look forward to hopefully getting the greenlight by the end of this week.

“Under the government’s newly announced guidance for events at 1m social distancing from 19th of July, we will be unable to accommodate all our 7,700 season ticket holders so, once we get confirmation from the Council, we’ll let supporters know the process as soon as possible.”

Ted Hastings
1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

The delay will be because they are applying to Edinburgh Council for an increased attendance now we are at level 0. As with the Cove game, I wouldn't expect them to process the ballot until they know how many will be allowed in.

Ah well that makes a lot of sense, still not holding out hope for our ticket group as i never bloody win anything but if the capacity is increased i just might get back in to my seat in the wheatfield again.

Cheers!

kingantti1874
43 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Aberdeen are "hopeful" of having 5,655 fans at Pittodrie for their Europa Conference League qualifier against BK Hacken next Thursday.

The club initially applied for permission to host just over 8,000 fans for their opening games of the season.

But they say due to 1m social distancing rules remaining at Level 0 that is no longer possible.

The club added it believes council officials are "satisfied" they can safely host just over 5,000.

"This positive feedback of our highly regulated environment combined with government and scientific advice that controlled outdoor events are more acceptable than indoor gatherings gives us confidence that we will get the go‐ahead from the local authority," said chairman Dave Cormack.

Clubs in Scotland will be allowed to host 2,000 fans without prior permission from Monday 19 July, but can request greater numbers from their local council on a case-by-case basis.

“Being able to host meaningful numbers of fans at Pittodrie for the BK Hacken game will be welcomed not only by supporters but by the first team squad and the manager who are desperate to get back to playing in front of home crowds.

“We’re grateful to Aberdeen City Council officers for working collaboratively with us on our application and look forward to hopefully getting the greenlight by the end of this week.

“Under the government’s newly announced guidance for events at 1m social distancing from 19th of July, we will be unable to accommodate all our 7,700 season ticket holders so, once we get confirmation from the Council, we’ll let supporters know the process as soon as possible.”

that is a terrible effort but not a surprise. Been saying for years that Aberdeen are a club in a city where the wealth is being eroded.

It not a good thing btw and I’m not laughing but Aberdeen FC are on a fast track to being no bigger than Dundee Utd. A small club in a backwater town. 

Without Cormack they are absolutely ****ed

Saint Jambo
19 minutes ago, Ted Hastings said:

Ah well that makes a lot of sense, still not holding out hope for our ticket group as i never bloody win anything but if the capacity is increased i just might get back in to my seat in the wheatfield again.

Cheers!

I have a feeling that all those who missed out will get a ticket for ICT. If we go up to 5,000 for that game, then we would have 7,000 across the two games. I'd be a little surprised if more than 7,000 of the 9,000ish eligible season ticket holders entered the ballot. I'm actually hoping that there might be enough tickets that after all those unsuccesful for Cove are satisified, that some of us that were lucky enough to go to Cove might get tickets for ICT.

Chances are though that if you are succesful it won't be a return to your seat in Wheatfield. We were all spread around the full ground on Tuesday. Expect the same for ICT and Celtic games.

Ted Hastings
2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

I have a feeling that all those who missed out will get a ticket for ICT. If we go up to 5,000 for that game, then we would have 7,000 across the two games. I'd be a little surprised if more than 7,000 of the 9,000ish eligible season ticket holders entered the ballot. I'm actually hoping that there might be enough tickets that after all those unsuccesful for Cove are satisified, that some of us that were lucky enough to go to Cove might get tickets for ICT.

Chances are though that if you are succesful it won't be a return to your seat in Wheatfield. We were all spread around the full ground on Tuesday. Expect the same for ICT and Celtic games.

Can't believe i didn't think of that :vrface: 

Yeh i had a similar notion that not all of the 9,000 will have applied in the first instance anyway, should be a pretty good chance for the ICT game especially if the capacity is increased again. Can't wait to get back inside tynie, wherever i end up sitting!

The Treasurer
On 14/07/2021 at 10:13, Dazo said:

I doubt the councils involved in Scotland have the brain capacity to get together have a single set guidelines for all clubs unless direct by the government. Even then I’m sure they’d get it wrong. 

Agree about leaving the stadium that would be the only issue regarding bigger crowds. Although I’m not convinced leaving the stadium would allow such contact time with a positive person that covid could be passed on. 

Agree that the biggest problem is leaving the stadium. However I'd say Tynecastle is better suited than most with having the concourse leading to the stairs. The only problem area is the short tunnel from the seats to the concourse but better stewarding could manage that 

4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Agree that the biggest problem is leaving the stadium. However I'd say Tynecastle is better suited than most with having the concourse leading to the stairs. The only problem area is the short tunnel from the seats to the concourse but better stewarding could manage that 

I think we could easily justify and document us being able to handle bigger crowds and as you say crowd management as we leave would be part of that. I think if we can show this on paper then there is no reason we shouldn’t get the thumbs up. Once you have the permission it should be job done as any other environment I’ve been in there seems to be zero checking or accountability on whether the rules are being adhered to. 

8 hours ago, CJGJ said:

Intriguing that Aberdeen has taken the view to cut their request immediately following new guidelines but Hibs are still progressing with a 9000 request.

I know it's not a simple like for like capacity only basis, but I wonder what Hibs believe they can do Aberdeen has backed away from?

Do we want Hibs to get their wish so that again, on the face of it by the time of the Celtic (or even ICT?) we can get most season ticket holders in?

Saint Jambo
2 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Intriguing that Aberdeen has taken the view to cut their request immediately following new guidelines but Hibs are still progressing with a 9000 request.

I know it's not a simple like for like capacity only basis, but I wonder what Hibs believe they can do Aberdeen has backed away from?

Do we want Hibs to get their wish so that again, on the face of it by the time of the Celtic (or even ICT?) we can get most season ticket holders in?

Absolutely, we want Hibs to get approval for 9,000 for their game next week. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to use their proposal as a template for our application to the council. If anything, it is harder to socially distance inside the stands (stairs and concourses) at Easter Road than it is at Tynecastle. If they get approval for 9k, I'd hope we'd apply for similar for ICT and Celtic.

One question mark is probably the basis of that 9k and whether it can  be delivered in practice. It is clear from the photos of the Arsenal game that Hibs were allowing household groups to sit together (despite some people trying to claim that I was wrong and that the Hearts system of all fans being assigned seats 3 seats apart was imposed on us by the Council/Government). It is likely we will need to move to the model Hibs used to maximise our potential attendance. The interesting factor is at level 2 it was only allowable to have household groups together. Under the level 0 rules from Monday, no physical distancing is required outside within groups of up to 15 regardless of how many households they come from, but there needs to be a 1m gap between groups. If Hibs have applied this to the stadium then the question is have they modelled the 9k on all groups having 15people to calculate an absolute maximum or gone with some kind of average group size (say 4). The bigger you assume groups will be, the higher a notional capacity you can make a case for. But in reality when you come to sell tickets and groups turn out to be smaller and proportionally more room is taken up by the gaps between groups, then you may actually have to sell fewer tickets than you have approval for.

We'll see how it pans out. I'm sceptical about Hibs getting approval for 9k given that Aberdeen, who seemed to be ahead of the game and have been quite pushy/vocal during the pandemic, have reduced their ask.

3 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Absolutely, we want Hibs to get approval for 9,000 for their game next week. There is no reason we shouldn't be able to use their proposal as a template for our application to the council. If anything, it is harder to socially distance inside the stands (stairs and concourses) at Easter Road than it is at Tynecastle. If they get approval for 9k, I'd hope we'd apply for similar for ICT and Celtic.

One question mark is probably the basis of that 9k and whether it can  be delivered in practice. It is clear from the photos of the Arsenal game that Hibs were allowing household groups to sit together (despite some people trying to claim that I was wrong and that the Hearts system of all fans being assigned seats 3 seats apart was imposed on us by the Council/Government). It is likely we will need to move to the model Hibs used to maximise our potential attendance. The interesting factor is at level 2 it was only allowable to have household groups together. Under the level 0 rules from Monday, no physical distancing is required outside within groups of up to 15 regardless of how many households they come from, but there needs to be a 1m gap between groups. If Hibs have applied this to the stadium then the question is have they modelled the 9k on all groups having 15people to calculate an absolute maximum or gone with some kind of average group size (say 4). The bigger you assume groups will be, the higher a notional capacity you can make a case for. But in reality when you come to sell tickets and groups turn out to be smaller and proportionally more room is taken up by the gaps between groups, then you may actually have to sell fewer tickets than you have approval for.

We'll see how it pans out. I'm sceptical about Hibs getting approval for 9k given that Aberdeen, who seemed to be ahead of the game and have been quite pushy/vocal during the pandemic, have reduced their ask.

Feels like the Scottish Government and Football Authorities are making this overly complicated. 
If lockdown has eased why are full crowds not allowed? 
Too many politicians and bureaucrats trying to make a name for themselves …  

Saint Jambo
7 minutes ago, Jambo-Fox said:

Feels like the Scottish Government and Football Authorities are making this overly complicated. 

As someone who has had quite a lot of contact with some of the bureaucrats and politicians during the pandemic, I can tell you my experience is that is miles from the truth. They would love nothing more than to think it was safe enough to lift all restrictions. They have been working crazy hours including evening, weekends and holidays, under huge pressure and massive additional workloads to try and find the right balance between the needs of public health and the other needs (economic, mental wellbeing, etc) of society. Not one of them has enjoyed having to put restrictions in place. Unfortunately they are a group that is easy to criticise and for the 'bureaucrats' in particular it is a thankless task.

2 hours ago, Jambo-Fox said:

I feel they have done this too also. At least when English football allowed football crowds from may, it wasn’t just based on a figure as shown below. To have the same criteria between 60k, 20k stadiums and lower is ridiculous 

If the pilots are successful, "up to 10,000 people or 25% of total seated capacity, whichever is lower"

The Treasurer
9 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

I would say that ER is one of the worst grounds to get out of for "social distancing" with a narrow doorway and an enclosed staircase, Motherwell similar but the staircase is a bit wider

Saint Jambo

Update from the club:

"The deadline for Season Ticket Renewals has now passed with over 10,000 Jambos securing their seat for 2021/22.

As per previous seasons, we will operate a seat moving period and the dates for this and a general sale will be announced on the club website and across our social media channels in due course."

https://www.heartsfc.co.uk/news/article/season-ticket-update-1

Over 10,000 seems a good result, assuming that it doesn't include those that have gone for the £25 option.

Interesting to see the details of the general sale and whether they sell new season tickets with or without the Celtic game.

Stewie Griffin

Sky sports on Twitter saying Aberdeen are allowed 5665 fans for their game against BK Hacken on Thursday 

1 minute ago, Stewie Griffin said:

Sky sports on Twitter saying Aberdeen are allowed 5665 fans for their game against BK Hacken on Thursday 

Yeah, although similar to the test events a negative lateral flow test is required, also they're not doing a ballot but straight up first come first served

Saint Jambo
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

A partial explanation of how capacity limits are arrived at.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57861489

Edit: Celtic is being allowed 9,000 for their UEFA CL qualifier

The article didn't seem particularly good to me. It says its been 'suggested' some events are flagship events approved by Government. That is more than a suggestion. It also implies that there are lots of criteria, such as staggered arrival times, that clubs have to meet. In reality the process is that clubs have to present their plans and risk assessments for Councils to assess and feedback on. As anyone who attended the Hearts game on Tuesday will be aware, there is not a requirement for clubs to implement staggered arrival times.

The Celtic decision is interesting and I'd say disappointing from a Hearts point of view. I think it must now be very unlikely that Hibs will get permission for the same number of fans in a 20k stadium as Celtic have got for a 60k stadium. In turn that seems to suggest its unlikely Hearts will get that figure approved for our games in level 0 (currently ICT and Celtic).

44 minutes ago, McCrae said:

Is it really necessary to continue with restrictions on crowds?  Covid cases are increasing, but that doesn’t mean much unless it’s leading to serious illness or death. 

We were told that younger people were at low risk from Covid…. Is it a big deal if more younger people, many which will display no symptoms catch the virus? 

Time to get back to normal.

Scottish Government have indicated that unless things change significantly, they plan to lift restrictions on 9 August - three weeks time. In the context of a 16 month pandemic, is waiting another 3 weeks to get full houses at stadiums really that big a deal?

1 hour ago, Saint Jambo said:

The article didn't seem particularly good to me. It says its been 'suggested' some events are flagship events approved by Government. That is more than a suggestion. It also implies that there are lots of criteria, such as staggered arrival times, that clubs have to meet. In reality the process is that clubs have to present their plans and risk assessments for Councils to assess and feedback on. As anyone who attended the Hearts game on Tuesday will be aware, there is not a requirement for clubs to implement staggered arrival times.

The Celtic decision is interesting and I'd say disappointing from a Hearts point of view. I think it must now be very unlikely that Hibs will get permission for the same number of fans in a 20k stadium as Celtic have got for a 60k stadium. In turn that seems to suggest its unlikely Hearts will get that figure approved for our games in level 0 (currently ICT and Celtic).

Scottish Government have indicated that unless things change significantly, they plan to lift restrictions on 9 August - three weeks time. In the context of a 16 month pandemic, is waiting another 3 weeks to get full houses at stadiums really that big a deal?

More time for second injections. 

2 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Providing all restrictions are removed it’s not. If they are not then it is.

I heard on the news tonight that one of the conditions for Aberdeen getting 5000 odd fans in for their European tie this week is that everybody has to have a negative lateral flow test result. I think that's a great idea and would welcome it at Tynecastle but does anybody know how they can enforce it?

3 minutes ago, 1953 said:

I heard on the news tonight that one of the conditions for Aberdeen getting 5000 odd fans in for their European tie this week is that everybody has to have a negative lateral flow test result. I think that's a great idea and would welcome it at Tynecastle but does anybody know how they can enforce it?

Can enforce it simply by refusing entry if non compliant.

12 minutes ago, jamboman9 said:

Can enforce it simply by refusing entry if non compliant.

Yes, but what's to stop somebody turning up with somebody else's negative test unless the club control it by making folk take the test at the ground, but I can't see how that would be workable given you need to wait 30 mins for the result and anybody that was positive would have been mixing with others before getting their result.

21 minutes ago, 1953 said:

Yes, but what's to stop somebody turning up with somebody else's negative test unless the club control it by making folk take the test at the ground, but I can't see how that would be workable given you need to wait 30 mins for the result and anybody that was positive would have been mixing with others before getting their result.

Fair point.

I assumed it would be test at stadium,didn't realise it took 30mins for result,thought there was a test that was quicker.

I don't pay attention to it all tbh it boils my pi$$ so much I think I'm sterile now. 😣

Bazzas right boot

I've resigned myself to watching it on the TV for the first part of the season. 

Test, no catering. searches, sitting apart etc. 

The pubs were absolutely shite when they opened first. 

No music, slots, very early closure, I went out once and thought "nope", just doing it for the sake of it. Not fun. 

Just started getting better now, extended times, music etc. 

Same with the football, I'll go back when it's a bit more "normal" and enjoyable. 

Each to their own, but if the pub opening experience mirrors the early stages of the football then it's just shite. 

7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I've resigned myself to watching it on the TV for the first part of the season. 

Test, no catering. searches, sitting apart etc. 

The pubs were absolutely shite when they opened first. 

No music, slots, very early closure, I went out once and thought "nope", just doing it for the sake of it. Not fun. 

Just started getting better now, extended times, music etc. 

Same with the football, I'll go back when it's a bit more "normal" and enjoyable. 

Each to their own, but if the pub opening experience mirrors the early stages of the football then it's just shite. 

i get what your saying but must admit I was glad to get to a pub for a chat even though there was no music etc. 
football ? I was at the Cove game and whilst not ideal I was so happy to be back. Tearful even.  It is what it is. 

davemclaren
7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

i get what your saying but must admit I was glad to get to a pub for a chat even though there was no music etc. 
football ? I was at the Cove game and whilst not ideal I was so happy to be back. Tearful even.  It is what it is. 

Same here. It ain’t perfect but it’s much better than the alternative imo. 

Bazzas right boot
9 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Good to hear. 

I sacked the pub after the first time. Thought it was utter shite 

Hopefully back at the games soon tho! 

Mr Elwood P
2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good to hear. 

I must be getting old, because I really enjoyed the table service and being able to hear the folk I was with in the boozer. Wouldn’t have minded a wee bit more atmosphere but really enjoyed being back. Pints outside recently have been class too.

12 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Good to hear. 

not long mate. I’m older I’d imagine than you so pubs are more social for me than music etc, but being back at football is incredible.  We don’t know what’s ahead so go back while you can 👍🇱🇻👍

Edited by 1971fozzy

Bazzas right boot
25 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

I must be getting old, because I really enjoyed the table service and being able to hear the folk I was with in the boozer. Wouldn’t have minded a wee bit more atmosphere but really enjoyed being back. Pints outside recently have been class too.

Agreed, Table service is great, said it for years that there is a gap in the market for a pub/ brand with table service. 

No music reminds me of weatherspoons and I  hate that pub. 

I'm too auld for clubs and bangy music 🙄, but a juke box or live music is great. 

Bazzas right boot
21 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

not long mate. I’m older I’d imagine than you so pubs are more social for me than music etc, but being back at football is incredible.  We don’t know what’s ahead so go back while you can 👍🇱🇻👍

Probably not much in it, I just like Live music or a juke box. 

No music reminds me of a cafe or a weatherspoons, nae good for dark o clock! 

OK for day time drinking tho. 👍

4 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Agree I hate weatherspoons unless watching the fitba , music is good to get a bit atmosphere .

16 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

yep. I miss gigs. Love live music so that’s hurting. 👍

Apologies if mentioned previously, but does anyone know about season tickets going back on sale for non season ticket holders last season? Cheers in advance

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, maroon said:

Apologies if mentioned previously, but does anyone know about season tickets going back on sale for non season ticket holders last season? Cheers in advance

To be advised. 

On 16/07/2021 at 23:04, 1971fozzy said:

yep. I miss gigs. Love live music so that’s hurting. 👍

From what I hear some pubs are provisionally starting to take bookings for live bands 👍

Does anyone have an idea of when season tickets will be available to people who want to buy for the first time? I’ve been keeping an eye on the socials but haven’t seen anything yet. 

I want to get my daughter her first season ticket but here we are - 9 days from the season starting and there is no word?

heartsfc_fan

The club are probably waiting for the government announcement that stadiums can be full (or close to full) before announcing a general sale.

• davemclaren changed the title to Season Tickets 2020/21
5 minutes ago, heartsfc_fan said:

The club are probably waiting for the government announcement that stadiums can be full (or close to full) before announcing a general sale.

Don’t get the reasoning for that, if it is the case.

New ST holders would go into a ballot with everyone else surely ?

Financially, it doesn’t make sense.

5 hours ago, Boab said:

Don’t get the reasoning for that, if it is the case.

New ST holders would go into a ballot with everyone else surely ?

Financially, it doesn’t make sense.

Our club is a basket case only the blinkered don't see that.

The Treasurer
20 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Our club is a basket case only the blinkered don't see that.

Or they might just be trying their best to look after existing ST holders to give them the best chance they can to attend games with limited capacity. But only the blinkered wouldn't see that

davemclaren
4 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Or they might just be trying their best to look after existing ST holders to give them the best chance they can to attend games with limited capacity. But only the blinkered wouldn't see that

Especially given over 10,000 renewed that paid for last season as well and never attended one match. 

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

Especially given over 10,000 renewed that paid for last season as well and never attended one match. 

Am in that category never watched a game either, never ever received an e mail, indeed I dropped a text to a pal who said he hadn't renewed yet........missed the boat now, no e mail did he ever receive about a season ticket closing date, some people don't spend their life on kb/internet.

9 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I can see the rationale of that I suppose. A loyalty scheme of sorts.

I should add there will be some who didn’t renew last season for obvious reasons but were existing ST holders for years before so..em..disregard my loyalty comment.

🥴

• davemclaren changed the title to Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold