Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold

lou

Jambof3tornado
28 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

Robbie, this seasons convenient excuse for folk that cant be arsed buying a season ticket.

Until the football gets better...

I hope.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambof3tornado

• been here before

• jr ewing

45 minutes ago, Nobreath said:

Robbie, this seasons convenient excuse for folk that cant be arsed buying a season ticket.

I agree.  Same was said about Levein but figures were around the same.  Robbie is nowhere near as bad and wasteful as Levein was so I think your right, it seems a tad convenient if folk aren’t buying for that reason.

4 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I agree.  Same was said about Levein but figures were around the same.  Robbie is nowhere near as bad and wasteful as Levein was so I think your right, it seems a tad convenient if folk aren’t buying for that reason.

I must admit it was a struggle to renew this season… the thought of another dire year of football was almost enough to put me off. In the end renewed…must be mad.

6 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Maybe it's just me,but as a Hearts fan, I put supporting Hearts ahead of any hatred I might have for any individual at the club

Not hatred just disenfranchised. 

4 hours ago, jonnothejambo said:

They won't be missed. 

Well maybe you will miss them but that's probably about it, but good on you for renewing.

Hope you get decent folks around you.

They will. Standards I guess. 

kingantti1874
6 hours ago, Nobreath said:

we’ve consistently sold more season tickets than any club outside Glasgow for the majority of the last 20 years.

Lots of fans told the club they wouldn’t go back if he was in charge after the debacles of last season. It seems to be a surprise that people have been honest. 

davemclaren
41 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

we’ve consistently sold more season tickets than any club outside Glasgow for the majority of the last 20 years.

Lots of fans told the club they wouldn’t go back if he was in charge after the debacles of last season. It seems to be a surprise that people have been honest. 

We can judge it at the end of the sales period though it will be hard to separate out the Robbie and Covid effects. I imagine quite a few will take the £25 option tbh. 

The Treasurer
59 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Not hatred just disenfranchised. 

Call it what you like, my point is still the same 

The Treasurer
32 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Quite different reasons. 

Have to disagree. People are letting their feelings /opinion of one person override their desire to support their team

24 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Have to disagree. People are letting their feelings /opinion of one person override their desire to support their team

Do you know them?

The Treasurer
10 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Do you know them?

Not personally but based on the "reason" you gave I'd say it's a fair assumption. 

Just now, The Treasurer said:

Not personally but based on the "reason" you gave I'd say it's a fair assumption. 

Wrong. 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

I’d say that assumption is incorrect, people don’t hate Robbie but they are tired of facilitating failure.  

The Treasurer
28 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’d say that assumption is incorrect, people don’t hate Robbie but they are tired of facilitating failure.  

WTF does that mean?? How does supporting your team mean you are "facilitating failure" 

The Treasurer
40 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Wrong. 

Think you and I need to agree to disagree on this or we'll end up going round in circles 

7 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Think you and I need to agree to disagree on this or we'll end up going round in circles 

Agreed 

kingantti1874
25 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

WTF does that mean?? How does supporting your team mean you are "facilitating failure" 

We have pumped more money into hearts per head than any other fan base, a lot of that money has been pissed up a wall I don’t think anyone could disagree.  

Some fans do not trust Robbie neilson’s ability to invest their money wisely and build the club. And who really could blame them - we were absolutely honking for 90% of last season, then you add the fact that we went out of the league cup to Alloa and then the Scottish cup to Brora.  After that defeat 90% of this board and similar number in similar polls wanted him gone. He should have been gone. 

Some believe they are throwing good money after bad. 

I don’t trust him, I don’t hate him but I think he’s out fo his depth. The only reason I’ve renewed is desperation to watch football.

Edited by kingantti1874

kingantti1874

And people are now surprised season ticket sales are suffering 

I changed my mind btw. 😉 the covid effect

davemclaren
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

And people are now surprised season ticket sales are suffering 

I changed my mind btw. 😉 the covid effect

How much are they suffering?

10 hours ago, Nobreath said:

I've paid my £25 to hold my seat, and the rest of the cash for my season ticket is there in my account, waiting.

I intend to hold off as long as possible. If Robbie picks up where he left off and we're looking at a Cathro style start to the season, the cash will be staying in my account until it's dealt with.

Hopefully, Robbie learns, gets a positive response from the squad, gives our own young players a fair crack, wins games, tries to play a better brand of football, I'll eat all the humble pie going as I move my said cash from account to the ticket office till.

Edited by blairdin

The Treasurer
20 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

We have pumped more money into hearts per head than any other fan base, a lot of that money has been pissed up a wall I don’t think anyone could disagree.  

Some fans do not trust Robbie neilson’s ability to invest their money wisely and build the club. And who really could blame them - we were absolutely honking for 90% of last season, then you add the fact that we went out of the league cup to Alloa and then the Scottish cup to Brora.  After that defeat 90% of this board and similar number in similar polls wanted him gone. He should have been gone. 

Some believe they are throwing good money after bad. 

I don’t trust him, I don’t hate him but I think he’s out fo his depth. The only reason I’ve renewed is desperation to watch football.

Don't disagree with anything you say but in what way does not supporting your team help change anything 

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

How much are they suffering?

No idea Dave other than the noise I’ve seen on here.  I’ve no doubt Robbie’s presence will negatively impact the view of some when it comes to buying tickets and I’ve no doubt and that if things go wrong early the fans will be demanding his head by the time summer is out.   I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of a manager turning it around when such a clear majority want them gone.

in out case covid is a positive - desperation to get to a game will outweigh the reservations  surrounding the manager

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

No idea Dave other than the noise I’ve seen on here.  I’ve no doubt Robbie’s presence will negatively impact the view of some when it comes to buying tickets and I’ve no doubt and that if things go wrong early the fans will be demanding his head by the time summer is out.   I’m not sure I’ve ever heard of a manager turning it around when such a clear majority want them gone.

in out case covid is a positive - desperation to get to a game will outweigh the reservations  surrounding the manager

It hasn't and it won't!

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Don't disagree with anything you say but in what way does not supporting your team help change anything 

Couple of reasons

1. if no one at all bought a season ticket you think Neilson would still be here? 

2. People like me said they wouldn’t go back if he was still in charge. It wasn’t a small minority but is a bit gut wrenching to think they club believe they were right! That all is forgiven and that their terrible decision has been vindicated in some way. 

Other than with holding support what else can fans do to show displeasure? 

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

It hasn't and it won't!

you think that people aren’t utterly desperate to get out the house and back to a game? 

The Treasurer
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Couple of reasons

1. if no one at all bought a season ticket you think Neilson would still be here? 

2. People like me said they wouldn’t go back if he was still in charge. It wasn’t a small minority but is a bit gut wrenching to think they club believe they were right! That all is forgiven and that their terrible decision has been vindicated in some way. 

1. Yes 

2. No one is happy with the way things are, the club knows that. 

Withholding support only hurts the club nothing else 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

you think that people aren’t utterly desperate to get out the house and back to a game? 

Not enough by the season tickets sold, down 4000 on last season. Options 1 2 and 3 on top of that. 

davemclaren
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Not enough by the season tickets sold, down 4000 on last season. Options 1 2 and 3 on top of that. 

We still have nearly three weeks of sales to go  

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

the neilson effect. 

Saint Jambo
11 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Couple of reasons

If no one bought season tickets we'd be lucky if the club was still here early the start of the season as we wouldn't be able to meet our liabilities.

kingantti1874
Just now, jr ewing said:

Afraid so. People have longer memories than you think. 

yep. The fans TOLD the club what would happen but they chose not to listen. 

I mean, people are looking forward to getting back to tynecastle but i don’t think I’ve heard of anyone really excited to have watching neilsons slugball. 

fans will be back “despite” neilson, not becuase of him and that’s ****ing sad

davemclaren
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

the neilson effect. 

And the covid effect of folk taking the £25 option, because they want to be sure of getting into the stadium, rather than renewing. Would be interesting to know the numbers who have done that. 

davemclaren

yep. The fans TOLD the club what would happen but they chose not to listen. 

I mean, people are looking forward to getting back to tynecastle but i don’t think I’ve heard of anyone really excited to have watching neilsons slugball. 

fans will be back “despite” neilson, not becuase of him and that’s ****ing sad

Most supporters that are renewing are going back to support Hearts I would think. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

And the covid effect of folk taking the £25 option, because they want to be sure of getting into the stadium, rather than renewing. Would be interesting to know the numbers who have done that. 

Possibly the 4k difference. 

kingantti1874
Just now, davemclaren said:

honestly, like the poster above I think a number have taken the £25 option not becuase of covid but they are waiting to see if we are playing the same boring shite as last year, waiting for Robbie to be binned.  Club have tried to do the right thing but actually they’ve shut themselves in the door. 

I can tell you I opted for the £25 option then yesterday paid the difference . When I bought the £25 option my ticket number was circa 1750. (I’m assuming it was sequential) 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Most supporters that are renewing are going back to support Hearts I would think. 

customer is always right, if sales are down it’s the clubs fault. 

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Some of it though you would expect that figure to shrink by the time the window closes. 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

honestly, like the poster above I think a number have taken the £25 option not becuase of covid but they are waiting to see if we are playing the same boring shite as last year, waiting for Robbie to be binned.  Club have tried to do the right thing but actually they’ve shut themselves in the door. 

I can tell you I opted for the £25 option then yesterday paid the difference . When I bought the £25 option my ticket number was circa 1750. (I’m assuming it was sequential) 

I think most will be waiting to see if the Scottish govt are letting in 50% +  of stadium capacity rather than the brand of football we are playing tbh 

kingantti1874
5 minutes ago, ramrod said:

I think most will be waiting to see if the Scottish govt are letting in 50% +  of stadium capacity rather than the brand of football we are playing tbh 

possibly for some and undoubtedly that will be the narrative which will be spun.

However a massive proportion of fans said they would not renew if Neilson remained in place, not sure why given Neilson has remained in charge that the outcome would be anything other than reduced sales

been here before
47 minutes ago, blairdin said:

I've paid my £25 to hold my seat, and the rest of the cash for my season ticket is there in my account, waiting.

I intend to hold off as long as possible. If Robbie picks up where he left off and we're looking at a Cathro style start to the season, the cash will be staying in my account until it's dealt with.

Hopefully, Robbie learns, gets a positive response from the squad, gives our own young players a fair crack, wins games, tries to play a better brand of football, I'll eat all the humble pie going as I move my said cash from account to the ticket office till.

In the meantime others who have bought their STs will be doing their bit to ensure there's still a club there for you to watch should you deign to join them at some point.

davemclaren
18 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

possibly for some and undoubtedly that will be the narrative which will be spun.

However a massive proportion of fans said they would not renew if Neilson remained in place, not sure why given Neilson has remained in charge that the outcome would be anything other than reduced sales

I agree that some will not renew  due to Robbie still being in place but it’s not looking like a massive proportion.  

kingantti1874
10 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I agree that some will not renew  due to Robbie still being in place but it’s not looking like a massive proportion.  

I think outside of our personal network neither of us really know, we don’t have a data. 

im just relaying what people I know are doing. Small sample size though

davemclaren
Just now, kingantti1874 said:

I think outside of our personal network neither of us really know, we don’t have a data. 

im just relaying what people I know are doing. Small sample size though

The only data we have is that 7,000 had renewed by last Thursday. That’s 4,000 less than renewed last year but we still have three weeks to run and we don’t know how many have taken the £25 option to renew later, should they wish to do so. 

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The only data we have is that 7,000 had renewed by last Thursday. That’s 4,000 less than renewed last year but we still have three weeks to run and we don’t know how many have taken the £25 option to renew later, should they wish to do so. 

mad I said earlier I think that was circa 1750 earlier this week. 

if someone hasn’t purchased yet they can click through and get a sequential ticket number before they buy

ps pretty sure it’s a bit more than 4000 less. We announced in excess of 11,500 a bit before the season started

Edited by kingantti1874

Hungry hippo
48 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I'd be included in the 4k difference but I'm definitely renewing and looking forward to the season. Just leaving it until nearer the deadline given I don't have a lot of spare cash at the moment.

davemclaren

mad I said earlier I think that was circa 1750 earlier this week. 

if someone hasn’t purchased yet they can click through and get a sequential ticket number before they buy

ps pretty sure it’s a bit more than 4000 less. We announced in excess of 11,500 a bit before the season started

Someone mentioned 11,000 above so I just went with that. 

• davemclaren changed the title to Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold