Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold

lou

kingantti1874
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Celtic just signed a complete punt of a manager. As have Aberdeen and D Utd very recently. Hibs have a manager most of their support is still not convinced about even after they finished 3rd, given how he blew a very good chance to win two cups. Neilson at least has experience of building teams to challenge for 3rd and 2nd in the Premiership. Last season he proved he can put out a team that can perform in the latter stages of a cup (if not the early stages - still his big weakness).

to be honest it’s been done to death. I’m not debating Neilsons strengths and weakness or his record last season again. 

I was just pointing out that a lot of people said they wouldn’t renew if neilson was in charge!  and low and behold we seem to be struggling with renewals in the short term.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambof3tornado

• been here before

• jr ewing

2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Finished well. Played some of our best stuff against teams we'll play next season too.

Just the bit in the middle and it was a nightmare. 

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, frankblack said:

You haven't made your case for justification of validity of anonymous polls voted for by randoms who it can't be proven put money into the club and at best make up a tiny fraction of the season ticket holders total.

That is why they are meaningless.

By that logic all polls are meaningless.  All polls will have a margin or error of course but meaningless? No I don’t think so. 

btw a number the polls ran at the time were public. You can click through and see who voted and who has made donations via this forum. Quite a few in the Robbie should stay Column with low post counts and zero donations - that isn’t a surprise, happened before with cathro and Levein polls ( both of which seemed to be a feasibly accurate measure of how the support felt) 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

to be honest it’s been done to death. I’m not debating Neilsons strengths and weakness or his record last season again. 

I was just pointing out that a lot of people said they wouldn’t renew if neilson was in charge!  and low and behold we seem to be struggling with renewals in the short term.

There could be other things at play with renewals no? It's not exactly back to normal yet.

2 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You haven't made your case for justification of validity of anonymous polls voted for by randoms who it can't be proven put money into the club and at best make up a tiny fraction of the season ticket holders total.

That is why they are meaningless.

Or masses who have put loads of money into the club, loyal but just fed up with the way the club has been run. Who is right?

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Just the bit in the middle and it was a nightmare. 

True. Most seasons tend to be a bit up and down like that. The thing with Neilson is a Neilson team has never been lower than 1-3 in the league in his 3 and a half seasons, so not that much up and down. Cups are different obviously which has been done to death.

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

There could be other things at play with renewals no? It's not exactly back to normal yet.

of course.  But safe to assume that some will be as good as their word.  

Im not - I said I wouldn’t renew but I have. Not becuase I’m eager to watch neilsons slugball but I am desperate to go back to tynecastle. 

Edited by kingantti1874

I could be misreading this forum, but i suspect very few hearts fans want the same Hearts. I.e. I’m a hearts supporter but only if Robbie/budge/add in random reason, is/isn’t involved. You’re all dyed in the wool supporters but only on your terms. Just take the easy route, support some other team and let people who want to actually support the club/team get on with it. It’s possible to agree to disagree and concede that we can’t all get what we want, just get on with ‘supporting Hearts’. You might enjoy it. 

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Or masses who have put loads of money into the club, loyal but just fed up with the way the club has been run. Who is right?

I get that some fans feel they've been denied the chance to voice their frustrations in grounds at the position we ended up in that led to our demotion. Booing a TV just isn't the same. It really wouldn't be helpful to do it now though. Channelling energy into backing the team is likely to lead to less fed-up ness.

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Im not - I said I wouldn’t renew but I have. Not becuase I’m eager to watch neilsons slugball but I am desperate to go back to tynecastle. 

He's signing the wrong players if that's his aim. GMS, Ginnelly, McEneff and Boyce are not suitable for the game you seem to think Neilson wants to play. Neither are Souttar and Haring who he seems to want in the team.

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

I get that some fans feel they've been denied the chance to voice their frustrations in grounds at the position we ended up in that led to our demotion. Booing a TV just isn't the same. It really wouldn't be helpful to do it now though. Channelling energy into backing the team is likely to lead to less fed-up ness.

Certainly less supporters to be fed up in the ground. If that was the plan it's succeeded. 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Same for everyone I think. That's what it's about for me. No matter how we're playing or who the manager is the feeling of anticipation before games and the feeling when we win (and the looking forward to that feeling and not wanting to miss out on it) - is what keeps me watching year after year. Stressing over the style of football is a very recent phenomenon - a Millennial thing mostly with the endless blogs and podcasts analysing absolutely everything. Win a game = happy. Lose a game = pissed off. Simple.

Edited by ToqueJambo

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

He's signing the wrong players if that's his aim. GMS, Ginnelly, McEneff and Boyce are not suitable for the game you seem to think Neilson wants to play. Neither are Souttar and Haring who he seems to want in the team.

well he played it successfully last season, aimless possession, side to side, loads of touches, crap movement, crap energy. 

then he has the cheek to tell us we dominated possession 😂

kingantti1874
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Same for everyone I think. That's what it's about for me. No matter how we're playing or who the manager is the feeling of anticipation before games and the feeling when we win (and the looking forward to that feeling and not wanting to miss out on it) - is what keeps me watching year after year. Stressing over the style of football is a very recent phenomenon - a Millennial thing mostly with the endless blogs and podcasts analysing absolutely everything. Win a game = happy. Lose a game = pissed off. Simple.

I actually don’t massively care about the style of football. Buy the way we played last season wasn’t very successful and will never yield results against teams who sit in. 

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

By that logic all polls are meaningless.  All polls will have a margin or error of course but meaningless? No I don’t think so. 

Yep - all polls on here are meaningless bar JKB competitions.  They have zero authority and accountability because users are anonymous regardless of the polls being anonymous.

13 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

btw a number the polls ran at the time were public. You can click through and see who voted and who has made donations via this forum. Quite a few in the Robbie should stay Column with low post counts and zero donations - that isn’t a surprise, happened before with cathro and Levein polls ( both of which seemed to be a feasibly accurate measure of how the support felt) 

How exactly do you tie the people voting in the polls with real life people who put money into Hearts?  Without that you might as well present a list of people named Mickey Mouse, Clark Kent, or Wonder Woman to Hearts to argue your case. :rofl:

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I actually don’t massively care about the style of football. Buy the way we played last season wasn’t very successful and will never yield results against teams who sit in. 

Luckily we will face less of that this season.

20 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

You.missed.the.point. :rofl:

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

well he played it successfully last season, aimless possession, side to side, loads of touches, crap movement, crap energy. 

then he has the cheek to tell us we dominated possession 😂

We struggled to break down park the bus tactics we faced on an almost weekly basis, definitely. Had some more success against teams willing to have a go though. And those games were a lot more open and enjoyable even if we didn't win them all. A reason to be optimistic maybe?

Edited by ToqueJambo

kingantti1874

Yep - all polls on here are meaningless bar JKB competitions.  They have zero authority and accountability because users are anonymous regardless of the polls being anonymous.

How exactly do you tie the people voting in the polls with real life people who put money into Hearts?  Without that you might as well present a list of people named Mickey Mouse, Clark Kent, or Wonder Woman to Hearts to argue your case. :rofl:

People on here aren’t real and don’t put money into hearts? 

I’ll be honest - I’d say every point you’ve made is nonsense, but I don’t actually think you’ve said anything that could be described as an actual point.

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

We struggled to break down park the bus tactics we faced on an almost weekly basis, definitely. Had some more success against teams willing to have a go though. And those games were a lot more open and enjoyable even if we didn't win them all. A reason to be optimistic maybe?

hope so

We did end the season well and I think it's critical we start the new one just as well in these embarrassing league cup qualifying games.  Let's a few goals flying in to give everyone optimism.

Might even help to shift a few hundred more STs.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

People on here aren’t real and don’t put money into hearts? 

You seem to be having difficulty understanding what "anonymous" means.

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’ll be honest - I’d say every point you’ve made is nonsense, but I don’t actually think you’ve said anything that could be described as an actual point.

Given you have difficulty understanding the meaning of simple English words I am not surprised you are having difficulty with complex sentences. 👍

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

You seem to be having difficulty understanding what "anonymous" means.

Given you have difficulty understanding the meaning of simple English words I am not surprised you are having difficulty with complex sentences. 👍

There was zero relevance in your anonymity point! It was so irrelevant I didn’t even spot it - your attempt to dismiss the consistent views of real hearts fans who put real money into hearts on the basis of your isolated opinion is pretty easy to take to bits 

ps - I’d also cut back on the constant rofl’s- they make you come across like a child. Difficult to take you seriously.  

Edited by kingantti1874

Lone Striker
8 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

you been living on Mars? Every forum, every paper every form of social media. I don’t know a single real life fan who is anything more than tolerant or neilson. That’s as good as it gets for him 

You're probably right about that. However thats not the same thing as the guy who I replied to said.  

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

There was zero relevance in your anonymity point! It was so irrelevant I didn’t even spot it - your attempt to dismiss the consistent views of real hearts fans who put real money into hearts on the basis of your isolated opinion is pretty easy to take to bits 

Let me break it down for you as you are clearly struggling:

- Accounts on JKB are anonymous 

- Accounts have no cross-reference to verify people against Hearts' season ticket or shareholder database or even FOH's database.

This means you can't verify anyone voting in your polls.

14 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

ps - I’d also cut back on the constant rofl’s- they make you come across like a child. Difficult to take you seriously.  

If I didn't have to spell out the basics over and over it wouldn't be necessary.

:rofl:

3 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Time for your bed zebedee. 

Zebedee is an appropriate name for you as you have been going round in circles replying with irrelevant answers to posts you don't understand.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95295d677b3e4b19603a5

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Let me break it down for you as you are clearly struggling:

- Accounts on JKB are anonymous 

- Accounts have no cross-reference to verify people against Hearts' season ticket or shareholder database or even FOH's database.

This means you can't verify anyone voting in your polls.

If I didn't have to spell out the basics over and over it wouldn't be necessary.

:rofl:

I’m clear that the point you’ve “attempted” to make has no relevance. 

Lone Striker
7 hours ago, jr ewing said:

Who said vast majority of...by the way?

Kingantii said it in his post.    To be fair, I think we're all arguing about a paper-thin difference of opinion about RN.   Like others have said, he's here now and will be until AB/AMcK/JS decide otherwise. 👍

kingantti1874
Just now, Lone Striker said:

Kingantii said it in his post.    To be fair, I think we're all arguing about a paper-thin difference of opinion about RN.   Like others have said, he's here now and will be until AB/AMcK/JS decide otherwise. 👍

Thanks for that btw !! it has sent me into a death spiral of “debate”  with some of the biggest zoomers on the board 

Apparently the opinion of hearts fans on here and social media who spend real money on hearts has no relevance becuase we don’t use our real names or something.

9 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’m clear that the point you’ve “attempted” to make has no relevance. 

No it isn't, and you haven't made your case.

Its crystal clear you are deflecting because you know you have lost the argument.

Lone Striker
2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Thanks for that btw !! it has sent me into a death spiral of “debate”  with some of the biggest zoomers on the board 

Apparently the opinion of hearts fans on here and social media who spend real money on hearts has no relevance becuase we don’t use our real names or something.

😉  Yeah, I know what you mean.  It's sometimes too easy to post an opinion which riles someone up the wrong way just because they disagree.    And we've not even kicked a competitive ball yet  !!   Imagine what it'll be like when we lose a game ....... 😲

:scenes:

kingantti1874

No it isn't, and you haven't made your case.

Its crystal clear you are deflecting because you know you have lost the argument.

I’m not deflecting.  The ridiculous point you have tried to make is that somehow the views and opinions of hearts fans on kickback has no relevance because we don’t use our real names. 

Me ! I’ve lost nothing. You however have lost some credibility as a result of making that same stupid point over and over.

At least you’ve managed to post something without a rofl.. that’s a step forward at least. 

Night Frank.  

3 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I’m not deflecting.  The ridiculous point you have tried to make is that somehow the views and opinions of hearts fans on kickback has no relevance because we don’t use our real names. 

Me ! I’ve lost nothing. You however have lost some credibility as a result of making that same stupid point over and over.

At least you’ve managed to post something without a rofl.. that’s a step forward at least. 

Night Frank.  

No, I made the point you can't even identify who puts money into the club on here to filter out irrelevant votes.

Without that you can't put forward any results of polls to the club as being representative of the paying supporters.

kingantti1874
8 hours ago, frankblack said:

No, I made the point you can't even identify who puts money into the club on here to filter out irrelevant votes.

Without that you can't put forward any results of polls to the club as being representative of the paying supporters.

As people polled before an election may not actually vote. 

Paying Supporters like me (and you?) don’t live in a vacuum, they use kickback, other forums the read papers and use social media.  I know many personally as will you.  The poll I posted was only one of many ran at the time all of which had a similar outcome.  As I said earlier there will of course be a margin of error but it will be a reasonable approximation of the hearts supports feelings at that time..  

I think this debate has been exhausted now

Jambof3tornado
8 hours ago, frankblack said:

Why not do a poll about who has ST, ST and FOH pledger, FOH pledger, and none? Public so we can see. A level of trust involved but indicative nonetheless.

8 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Why not do a poll about who has ST, ST and FOH pledger, FOH pledger, and none? Public so we can see. A level of trust involved but indicative nonetheless.

No it isn't and if you try to take such a thing as a mandate for your opinion you would get laughed at.

What some are struggling to grasp is that JKB has no means to validate someone's contributions to Hearts - ST, FOH, Shareholder or sod all.  Public or private polls are irrelevant if you can't filter out those that criticise but don't put their money where their mouth is or aren't even Hearts fans.

Everyone on JKB is anonymous with an alias, especially yourself and me.

davemclaren
43 minutes ago, frankblack said:

🤔

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

No it isn't and if you try to take such a thing as a mandate for your opinion you would get laughed at.

What some are struggling to grasp is that JKB has no means to validate someone's contributions to Hearts - ST, FOH, Shareholder or sod all.  Public or private polls are irrelevant if you can't filter out those that criticise but don't put their money where their mouth is or aren't even Hearts fans.

Especially yourself and me? Do I know you?

Saint Jambo

We are JKB. We are Legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. We do not financially contribute to Hearts.

Just now, Jambof3tornado said:

Especially yourself and me? Do I know you?

I don't think I've come across someone with your name.  Did you change it by deed poll?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
14 hours ago, frankblack said:

What Fish gig?  It was never confirmed to be cancelled.

If you think I'm bothered about that you are deluding yourself. :rofl:

So, given the deflection I take it you accept that polls on JKB to sack the manager with a few hundred anonymous posters carry zero weight as there is no direct link here to paying punters?

:jjyay:

scott herbertson
6 hours ago, frankblack said:

not everyone

• davemclaren changed the title to Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold