Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold

lou

1 hour ago, Des Lynam said:

In all fairness Frank the pattern seems to be not listening to these posters who have been proven correct. 

If you are negative all the time of course every manager gets the sack so eventually they will be proved correct.  These same posters were negative when Robbie was in his first stint or even Levein first time in some cases when he had us in the Europa League groups for the first time and only time in our history.

I understand the negativity with Robbie is tiresome but so is the sanctimonious talk of never being allowed to criticise the club. 

Healthy debate is welcome, and I criticise where I see fit, but this constant negative drone on unrelated threads really starts to get on my nerves.

Edited by frankblack

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• davemclaren

• Jambof3tornado

• been here before

• jr ewing

Lone Striker
1 hour ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If we arent in the top 4 by xmas I think he will be under extreme pressure, especially if the standard of play is like last season.

I understand the benchmark you're setting  (we're the 3rd/4th biggest club etc) ........   but it fails to take account of any other teams that have an outstandingly good first few months.  Not unreasonable to think that  Motherwell  or Livi or St. Johnstone might have picked up a few more points than us by Xmas.    

Jambof3tornado
37 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

I understand the benchmark you're setting  (we're the 3rd/4th biggest club etc) ........   but it fails to take account of any other teams that have an outstandingly good first few months.  Not unreasonable to think that  Motherwell  or Livi or St. Johnstone might have picked up a few more points than us by Xmas.    

Agreed that depending on fixtures but I genuinely think that we have to be looking like best of the rest very quickly or real pressure will be on. A year without fans in grounds, some players will have forgotten how unforgiving tynecastle can be if we feel we're being short-changed by players/managers.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, frankblack said:

If you are negative all the time of course every manager gets the sack so eventually they will be proved correct.  These same posters were negative when Robbie was in his first stint or even Levein first time in some cases when he had us in the Europa League groups for the first time and only time in our history.

Healthy debate is welcome, and I criticise where I see fit, but this constant negative drone on unrelated threads really starts to get on my nerves.

first time round the vast majority were behind neilson. This time the vast majority are not for very valid reasons

Lone Striker
5 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

first time round the vast majority were behind neilson. This time the vast majority are not for very valid reasons

How do you know this ?      

27 minutes ago, Lone Striker said:

How do you know this ?      

I don't know anyone amongst my Hearts pals who want him to stay. I know supporters of other teams are desperate for him to stay. Says it all really. 

48 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

I would have liked us to change the  manager .

We didn't .

Therefore I will be behind Neilson 

Mars plastic
4 hours ago, jimbojambo said:

Just say we did sack Robbie our only realistic target would be Derek MacInnes who never impressed me as having Aberdeen playing free flowing, entertaining football. Anyone else from outside Scotland would be a huge gamble as they would need around 2-3 seasons to change things around and learn the league and they would get 3 months if lucky from some of our fans. Robbie will get next season and as a fan I will support him and hopefully we get rewarded for it with success. 

I'd like to think there are people at the club who have a broader outlook than you.

Lone Striker
34 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

I don't know anyone amongst my Hearts pals who want him to stay. I know supporters of other teams are desperate for him to stay. Says it all really. 

OK - thanks for clarifying.  Bit different from "vast majority of Hearts fans" though. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 hours ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If we arent in the top 4 by xmas I think he will be under extreme pressure, especially if the standard of play is like last season.

Nobody at Hearts is ever under extreme pressure

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Therein lies the problem. Acceptance of mediocrity by those running the club.  An argument for another thread though.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, Lone Striker said:

How do you know this ?      

you been living on Mars? Every forum, every paper every form of social media. I don’t know a single real life fan who is anything more than tolerant or neilson. That’s as good as it gets for him 

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, johnthomas said:

I would have liked us to change the  manager .

We didn't .

Therefore I will be behind Neilson 

same. I’ll tolerate him until it becomes more beneficial to press the club to expedite his exit

OK - thanks for clarifying.  Bit different from "vast majority of Hearts fans" though. 

Random sample though 10/10.

Who said vast majority of...by the way?

been here before
58 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Who said vast majority of...by the way?

Just more of kingubers slaverings-

4 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

18 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Thanks for the info, be careful what you say on here though as a message I put up with the persons name blacked out mysteriously found it’s way back to the club and I had to ask to get it removed as my mate had got into trouble. 

Noted - thanks for the heads up. I tried to keep it vague, but will edit it now.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, blairdin said:

Noted - thanks for the heads up. I tried to keep it vague, but will edit it now.

👍🏽

kingantti1874

👍🏻 As Clear a majority as you will ever see .. every hibs rat on the board voted for him to stay as well 😆

C88E6E00-D6D2-4C1C-93B6-AD59C0AF05CC.png

Nookie Bear
3 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

They are, they just don’t realise it. 

But they will when fans are allowed back in. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
13 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

They are, they just don’t realise it. 

But they will when fans are allowed back in. 

Prompting a 50,000 word statement criticising us

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

👍🏻 As Clear a majority as you will ever see .. every hibs rat on the board voted for him to stay as well 😆

C88E6E00-D6D2-4C1C-93B6-AD59C0AF05CC.png

Since when was Kickback the voice for the majority of Hearts fans?

Dusk_Till_Dawn
15 minutes ago, frankblack said:

Since the night the PHM of JKB got the Fish gig cancelled.

davemclaren
10 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

😂😂🧐

2 hours ago, blairdin said:

Just a wee nod of thanks to the Mod who assisted with my tidying up request...

21 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

What Fish gig?  It was never confirmed to be cancelled.

If you think I'm bothered about that you are deluding yourself. :rofl:

So, given the deflection I take it you accept that polls on JKB to sack the manager with a few hundred anonymous posters carry zero weight as there is no direct link here to paying punters?

Edited by frankblack

kingantti1874
49 minutes ago, frankblack said:

The pattern was repeated across other forums, social media and even the newspapers. If you choose to dismiss the evidence that’s up to you 

kingantti1874
17 minutes ago, frankblack said:

What Fish gig?  It was never confirmed to be cancelled.

If you think I'm bothered about that you are deluding yourself. :rofl:

So, given the deflection I take it you accept that polls on JKB to sack the manager with a few hundred anonymous posters carry zero weight as there is no direct link here to paying punters?

even Laurie Dunsire, the hearts TV commentator wanted him binned 🤦‍♂️😂 

Just now, kingantti1874 said:

The pattern was repeated across other forums, social media and even the newspapers. If you choose to dismiss the evidence that’s up to you 

That is your point of view but isn't a fact.  Fans want to get on with the new season instead of going round in circles over something that isn't happening any time soon.

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952dae734c2ba357624ed

4 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

even Laurie Dunsire, the hearts TV commentator wanted him binned 🤦‍♂️😂 

Well that's that then. :lol:

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

That is your point of view but isn't a fact.  Fans want to get on with the new season instead of going round in circles over something that isn't happening any time soon.

Did you just criticise him for stating opinions instead of facts then tell us all what ‘fans want’?

9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Did you just criticise him for stating opinions instead of facts then tell us all what ‘fans want’?

I am just giving a counter argument to what he presents as facts.  Either way we don't have a reliable measurement so its tiresome to keep banging on about it.

kingantti1874
52 minutes ago, frankblack said:

How stating the outcome of numerous polls my opinion.? 

that aside, I agree “most” are desperate to get on with the season despite Neilson. Most but not all

kingantti1874
43 minutes ago, frankblack said:

I am just giving a counter argument to what he presents as facts.  Either way we don't have a reliable measurement so its tiresome to keep banging on about it.

You haven't presented any counter argument at all at any point! 

What you have done is state your opinion!  which you are entitled to do of course and then dismissed the outcome of multiple polls on here and elsewhere. I think you need to look up the meaning of hypocrisy. 

Back In In the real world I don’t know anyone who is actually pleased to have neilson in charge, there are however differing degrees of tolerance.  

Edited by kingantti1874

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

What you have done is state your opinion!  which you are entitled to do of course and then dismissed the outcome of multiple polls on here and elsewhere. I think you need to look up the meaning of hypocrisy. 

Back In In the real world I don’t know anyone who is actually pleased to have neilson in charge, there are however differing degrees of tolerance.  

Opinions can change in the space of a day. Polls are a snapshot of a particular moment in time. If you read social media, the Scotland team went from world beaters to no hopers in the space of 3 days. In reality the majority of fan opinion was somewhere in the middle. When it comes to Neilson, a vocal minority (impossible to prove the real opinion on Neilson until fans are in grounds again) were against him from the start. They were against him even when previously finishing 3rd and challenging for 2nd in the top league. Even winning the SC vs Celtic, which he very nearly did, probably wouldn't have changed their opinion. IMO the majority of Hearts fans want Neilson to succeed, while a minority genuinely seem to want him to fail.

3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Opinions can change in the space of a day. Polls are a snapshot of a particular moment in time. If you read social media, the Scotland team went from world beaters to no hopers in the space of 3 days. In reality the majority of fan opinion was somewhere in the middle. When it comes to Neilson, a vocal minority (impossible to prove the real opinion on Neilson until fans are in grounds again) were against him from the start. They were against him even when previously finishing 3rd and challenging for 2nd in the top league. Even winning the SC vs Celtic, which he very nearly did, probably wouldn't have changed their opinion. IMO the majority of Hearts fans want Neilson to succeed, while a minority genuinely seem to want him to fail.

We want the team to succeed. It won't with him in charge. 

davemclaren
1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Landed that one smoothly, no ;)

I thought the Fish gig was a windup anyway. 🤷‍♂️

used to drink in the pub with him when he was a forester up in Rosewell. 

Guest ToqueJambo
4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

We want the team to succeed. It won't with him in charge. 

You must have made a fortune at the bookies with certainty like that. Past performance suggests we're more likely than not to start this season well under Neilson as all four of his Hearts teams have done that. After that who knows but again past performance suggests he can have us competing at the right end of the league. Not sure how sacking him weeks before the start of the season makes success more certain. One thing's for sure, not supporting the team makes success less likely no matter who the manager is.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
32 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

How stating the outcome of numerous polls my opinion.? 

that aside, I agree “most” are desperate to get on with the season despite Neilson. Most but not all

Celtic just signed a complete punt of a manager. As have Aberdeen and D Utd very recently. Hibs have a manager most of their support is still not convinced about even after they finished 3rd, given how he blew a very good chance to win two cups. Neilson at least has experience of building teams to challenge for 3rd and 2nd in the Premiership. Last season he proved he can put out a team that can perform in the latter stages of a cup (if not the early stages - still his big weakness).

Edited by ToqueJambo

Just now, ToqueJambo said:

You must have made a fortune at the bookies with certainty like that. Past performance suggests we're more likely than not to start this season well. After that who knows but again past performance suggests he can have us competing for Europe. Not sure how sacking him weeks before the start of the season makes success more certain.

Needed the close season to bring someone new in. Based on last season we're most likely to start the season badly .

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

Needed the close season to bring someone new in. Based on last season we're most likely to start the season badly .

Last season we started very well.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, jr ewing said:

And then .............awful. 

Finished well. Played some of our best stuff against teams we'll play next season too. IMO, based on his four previous season starts, Neilson is good at getting us prepped to hit the ground running in the league. Celtic present a different start mind you, but then I didn't expect us to beat Rangers at Ibrox in his first league game as Hearts manager.

Edited by ToqueJambo

30 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

You haven't made your case for justification of validity of anonymous polls voted for by randoms who it can't be proven put money into the club and at best make up a tiny fraction of the season ticket holders total.

That is why they are meaningless.

• davemclaren changed the title to Season Tickets 2021/22 - over 12,500 sold