Grand Slam Tennis ( updated )

Maroon Sailor

Jambo 4 Ever
Just now, neilnunb said:

Murray will win this now. Once Isner's serve wanes and the actual tennis breaks out, there's only one winner. Hopefully. šŸ˜

Hereā€™s hopingĀ 

Ā 

Murray deserved that setĀ 

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• JudyJudyJudy

• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

What happened?

Nowt exciting really . You know what the Wimbledon crowd is like ! See a pigeon and they are having an orgasmĀ 

I P Knightley

What happened?

Caught the ball on the full without it hitting the ground.Ā 

It was clearly out but they have their standards at Wimbledon and the lad is off an ethnic group of which Isner and many of the blazers would not be fully supportive.Ā 

JudyJudyJudy
12 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

That's along the lines that I wrote. Erase 2021 from the memory bank and think of herself starting out as a 19- year old. Coco Gauff is an exceptional teenage talent but isn't suffering the same weight of expectation as oor Emma. Everyone knows she'll come good in the next year or three.Ā 

The same chance should be afforded to Raducanu. I don't know what Gauff's support team is like but I suspect it is more measured than Raducanu's.Ā 

šŸ‘

2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Nowt exciting really . You know what the Wimbledon crowd is like ! See a pigeon and they are having an orgasmĀ 

So, much a-doo about nothing eh ?

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, I P Knightley said:

Caught the ball on the full without it hitting the ground.Ā 

It was clearly out but they have their standards at Wimbledon and the lad is off an ethnic group of which Isner and many of the blazers would not be fully supportive.Ā 

Poor lad will be getting the boot šŸ„¾Ā 

All roads lead to Gorgie
5 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

the ballboy will be getting sackedĀ 

I think because Murray was jumping around at the time like he had won the freekin tournament the poor lad thought the ball had bounced twice!

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, whodanny said:

So, much a-doo about nothing eh ?

That actually made me laugh way too much šŸ˜‚

5F284A60-709A-4BA5-9B4C-B8CFD32411DF.gif

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

I think because Murray was jumping around at the time like he had won the freekin tournament the poor lad thought the ball had bounced twice!

Yes I got confused Watching it . Didnā€™t really know what was going onĀ 

All roads lead to Gorgie
2 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes I got confused Watching it . Didnā€™t really know what was going onĀ 

Marks to Isner for not making anything of it !

3 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

That actually made me laugh way too much šŸ˜‚

5F284A60-709A-4BA5-9B4C-B8CFD32411DF.gif

Dastardly and Muttley (Wacky Races / Stop the Pigeon) | Cartoon crazy,  Cartoon airplane, Classic cartoon characters

Nookie Bear
20 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

That's along the lines that I wrote. Erase 2021 from the memory bank and think of herself starting out as a 19- year old. Coco Gauff is an exceptional teenage talent but isn't suffering the same weight of expectation as oor Emma. Everyone knows she'll come good in the next year or three.Ā 

The same chance should be afforded to Raducanu. I don't know what Gauff's support team is like but I suspect it is more measured than Raducanu's.Ā 

I think Coco is surrounded by her family, including younger siblings who keep her feet firmly on the ground.Ā 
Ā 

I really like her and hope Ā she can get a Slam, even better if itā€™s the US.Ā 

I P Knightley
8 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Isner a raysist?

Privileged white lad from the southern States who has been vocally anti-BLM and pro-Trump?

Ā 

Murray has served well and returned really well.Ā  Apart from the usual overly long feeling sorry for himself he's played a ruddy good match.Ā Ā 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Come on Murray you should be smashing that passed the guy!

I P Knightley
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

I think Coco is surrounded by her family, including younger siblings who keep her feet firmly on the ground.Ā 
Ā 

I really like her and hope Ā she can get a Slam, even better if itā€™s the US.Ā 

Some families are better than others.Ā 

I like her, too. A very level- headed young lass who speaks well.Ā 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

Come on Murray you should be smashing that passed the guy!

I know passing shot was there for the takingĀ 

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Not really 100% convinced Isner is a sentient being, so not sure he'd be able to.

Ā 

Here he is at the mixed doubles tourney.

Ā 

tennis-machine-m100-7.jpg

If his motor breaks down I'll play mixed doubles with herĀ :sweeet:

Malinga the Swinga

It can't be easy for Raducanu. She's got a pushy dad who hasn't learnt to let go and who wants a say in everything. He treats her like she is still a child.

Someone needs to have word with him and tell him to back off or else they're heading for a bust up.Ā 

She will wake up one day and just have had enough of him. Get a decent coach, let her play in peace away from parents and make her career in her own.

What an absolute dick. There's me thinking he'd turned this around and we're going all the way so no way am I getting to the supermarket, so I raid the freezer and put on something shite for my dinner...only for the ****er to drop his serve and now this could be over in 15mins.Ā :banghead2:

heatonjambo
9 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Privileged white lad from the southern States who has been vocally anti-BLM and pro-Trump?

Ā 

Really!

im all Murray now

4 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

What an absolute dick. There's me thinking he'd turned this around and we're going all the way so no way am I getting to the supermarket, so I raid the freezer and put on something shite for my dinner...only for the ****er to drop his serve and now this could be over in 15mins.Ā :banghead2:

Ā 

What's for dinner? Frozen veg and a steak bake?

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ I found it humorous when Castle was talking about ā€œ dinner being delayedā€ he probably meant a fancy Michellin star restaurant in London , as itā€™s so snooty at Wimbles , and hereā€™s you Ā raiding your fridge lolĀ 

Just now, Jeff said:

Ā 

What's for dinner? Frozen veg and a steak bake?

Ā 

Just veggie burgers and salad.

Ā 

On the plus side I have plenty I can have for dessert šŸ¤£

Ā 

I'm taking some time out from work after finishing my last project and have become a right lazy *******...you know when it's like "och I'll do it in half an hour"Ā  šŸ¤£

7 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ I found it humorous when Castle was talking about ā€œ dinner being delayedā€ he probably meant a fancy Michellin star restaurant in London , as itā€™s so snooty at Wimbles , and hereā€™s you Ā raiding your fridge lolĀ 

Ā 

Ā 

Watch the dick break Isner's serve as I'm dishing upĀ :smash:

I P Knightley
4 minutes ago, heatonjambo said:

Really!

im all Murray now

Jonesy pointed out a slight qualification on the BLM part. I believe he called BLM protestors "anarchists" which doesn't exactly mean he's anti-BLM but it's maybe an ill-judged statement to make when nobody is asking your opinion.Ā 

Ā 

Tbf, I couldn't stand the guy for his tennis long before I heard about his politics.Ā 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Lendl looking worried he's about to be unemployed again.

Lol he always looked like that ! Andy and him are a perfect couple Ā šŸ¤©Ā 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

heatonjambo

I didnā€™t realise Murray is playing with a fake hip!

Ā 

thatā€™s some going really at this level of sport.

Ā 

fair play

Just now, JudyJudyJudy said:

šŸ‘šŸ‘

Call it a draw. It's the best we can doo.Ā :P

Ā 

Agree that it's boring, but not quite sure what else he's supposed to do? If he's tall and powerful, shouldn't he hit the best serves he can?

Ā 

Ā 

Retire and save my eyesight from this shite

Isner was phenomenal.Ā  He's a lot more than just a monster serve.Ā  He'll get picked off in the longer points as his ground shots aren't big but he's got great touch.Ā  Keeping the points shorter is a must for him vs a top player.

Just now, jonesy said:

Wouldn't be averse to this in general, never mind for Isnerish tennis.

Ā 

Ā 

At the very least they should do away with 'lets'