• neilnunb

• I P Knightley

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Must have more magazine shoots to do. Fraud

Mix of mental health apparently and just not being able to cut the mustard of the touring life i think.  Its all part and parcel of the tennis world though and always has been.  The greats had to do it all too.  

12 hours ago, jonesy said:

If she's genuinely having mental health issues re the press side of things, I doubt the international tennis tour is the place for her. I imagine it takes a certain mindset to succeed when living out of a suitcase and rocking up in a new country every couple of weeks (I know, I've done it myself in another field) and if you need a support network around you to cope with that it's no fun.

It also takes its toll physically, no wonder players will be skipping Wimbledon to recuperate before the US Open build up if Wimbledon is, as she says, effectively an exhibition tournament this year.

If I was/were her and I didn't want to talk to any press, I wouldn't. She's there to play tennis and the press can go feck themselves. People don't need the press to watch tennis and Tennis sells itself. 

The press are scum anyway and are only looking to tarnish or rubbish every player they can. It's what they think sells . Personally, I prefer to he opposite.

Edited by ri Alban

Nookie Bear

It’s probably easier for Osaka to pull herself out of tournaments than from sponsorship agreements tbf

Its a really hard life and need to keep in mind they are all relatively young and will have been travelling since they were kids under great pressure to succeed. A footballer would just quietly step into the reserves or be “injured” and has team mates around thembut tennis is a solo sport. 

JudyJudyJudy
8 hours ago, ri Alban said:

If I was/were her and I didn't want to talk to any press, I wouldn't. She's there to play tennis and the press can go feck themselves. People don't need the press to watch tennis and Tennis sells itself. 

The press are scum anyway and are only looking to tarnish or rubbish every player they can. It's what they think sells . Personally, I prefer to he opposite.

awe diddums ......for her.... she has millions of dollars...she has to play the whole game press tennis and other media. . every other tennis player has too.. even after significant losses they still need to face the media....hard lines. 

11 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

awe diddums ......for her.... she has millions of dollars...she has to play the whole game press tennis and other media. . every other tennis player has too.. even after significant losses they still need to face the media....hard lines. 

She should play tennis for fun behind closed doors if she doesn’t feel comfortable with the full thing because being a professional comes with commitments. 

The sport would gradually diminish out if the media didn’t cover games.

She’s having her cake and eating it. If only everyone in the world had a job that let them do that while becoming a millionaire…

JudyJudyJudy
24 minutes ago, kila said:

She should play tennis for fun behind closed doors if she doesn’t feel comfortable with the full thing because being a professional comes with commitments. 

The sport would gradually diminish out if the media didn’t cover games.

She’s having her cake and eating it. If only everyone in the world had a job that let them do that while becoming a millionaire…

Yep ! 

Bring on the strawberries and cream!

Berrettini to win the men's.

Emma to ram it up the doubters! 🖕

😁

Would like to see Kvitova win again. Looked decent at Eastbourne.

JudyJudyJudy
15 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Bring on the strawberries and cream!

Berrettini to win the men's.

Emma to ram it up the doubters! 🖕

😁

Would like to see Kvitova win again. Looked decent at Eastbourne.

Novak for me . Berretinni runner up 

Rad hasn’t a hope ! Sorry . 

id love to see Serena win it and tie with that old rancid boot Court but I’ve

probably got a better chance of winning it 😂 

The womens wide open due to inconsistency and lack of quality . I like Kvitnova or Halep to win but not overly enthusiastic about the women just now . Used to love their tennis . Oh and I think The Tunisian woman has a chance . Can’t spell her name Jabeur I think . Swiatek  won’t go too far in draw.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Novak for me . Berretinni runner up

Oh and I think The Tunisian woman has a chance . Can’t spell her name Jabeur I think . Swiatek  won’t go too far in draw.

I don't think anyone is betting against Swiateķ except you. You're right about inconsistency but that's all the challengers. Swiatek has won something like 35 matches in a row. Ons Jabeur pulled out of Eastbourne doubles with a thigh strain; Coco Gauff has the shots but maybe not yet the mentality. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Djoko came unstuck before the final. So, although your prediction is very likely, I'll throw Hubert Hurkacz's name in the pot as a potential oppo for Berretini. 

JudyJudyJudy
7 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

I don't think anyone is betting against Swiateķ except you. You're right about inconsistency but that's all the challengers. Swiatek has won something like 35 matches in a row. Ons Jabeur pulled out of Eastbourne doubles with a thigh strain; Coco Gauff has the shots but maybe not yet the mentality. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Djoko came unstuck before the final. So, although your prediction is very likely, I'll throw Hubert Hurkacz's name in the pot as a potential oppo for Berretini. 

We shall see . 

i think Novak is still stinging from he was treated earlier this year so I would also think he’s vulnerable but I hope he can harness it and win . 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, jonesy said:

Anyone else up for Wimbers predictions?

• Raducanu to pull out injured in [round, set]
  • Kyrgios to lose [points] for code violations
  • Commentators to mention Murray's metal hip [times] during each match he plays
  • Commentators to mention Federer more than the actual finalists [yes/no]
  • Ladies final to last less than one set of the men's final [yes/no]
  • Mansour Bahrami to do his "here's another ball" mid-rally trick [times] in the invitational

Feel free to add more or post yer predictions.

I’d be surprised if she gets passed the first round .( Rad) 

Obviously the arse crawlers commentators  will never stop mentioning how “ injured “ Nadal is managing . His defeat if it happens will be down to his “ injury “ ! If he wins 

“ remarkable “ due to playing with injuries.

Agreed ladies final will last under and hour yet there will still be groans regarding equal pay . 

if Serena loses she will announce her retirement . 

JudyJudyJudy
Just now, jonesy said:

But they do get equal pay...

I know but there’s been arguments about it more recently due to  the women not being box office and the length of matches . Disgruntled men I believe . I couldn’t give a deck really . 

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, jonesy said:

Women should play best of 5 in slams.

Hide contents

I mean, what's an extra half an hour, anyway?

😂😂😂

JudyJudyJudy
8 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Novak Raznatovic is a war criminal  !! 

Stop 🛑

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

1 hour ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

I know but there’s been arguments about it more recently due to  the women not being box office and the length of matches . Disgruntled men I believe . I couldn’t give a deck really . 

Other than maybe Rafa v Novak, I'd sooner watch a top women's match than a men's one.

2 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

if Serena loses she will announce her retirement . 

Yeah, I feel like this is just a farewell from her. Leaving on her terms rather than injury.

JudyJudyJudy
2 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Yeah, I feel like this is just a farewell from her. Leaving on her terms rather than injury.

Yes I’d like to see her play a few decent games , but from what I viewed last week she will struggle . She’s had an incredible career. 

4 hours ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

And I'm sure they don't give a feck what you think either. 

5 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

Yes I’d like to see her play a few decent games , but from what I viewed last week she will struggle . She’s had an incredible career. 

He'll not be missed.

JudyJudyJudy
2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

And I'm sure they don't give a feck what you think either. 

He'll not be missed.

Awful misogyny from you . Not at all surprising . 

Edited by JudyJudyJudy

Wimbledon won't count on the grand slam total this year. So nae luck Novax Genocide lover Lance Armstrong popping Djockstrapitch. 

As for Andy, give it up.

14 hours ago, jonesy said:

• Raducanu to pull out injured in [round, set] - 1st march second set
  • Kyrgios to lose [points] for code violations - no code violations but gets papped out in second round
  • Commentators to mention Murray's metal hip [times] during each match he plays - once per set and an extra time if match goes to a 5th eey
  • Commentators to mention Federer more than the actual finalists [yes/no] - yes unless Nadal is a finalist 
  • Ladies final to last less than one set of the men's final [yes/no] - yes
  • Mansour Bahrami to do his "here's another ball" mid-rally trick [times] in the invitational

I P Knightley
14 hours ago, jonesy said:

• Raducanu to pull out injured in [round, set]
  • Kyrgios to lose [points] for code violations
  • Commentators to mention Murray's metal hip [times] during each match he plays
  • Commentators to mention Federer more than the actual finalists [yes/no]
  • Ladies final to last less than one set of the men's final [yes/no]

Raducanu - 2nd round, 2nd set

Kyrgios is playing a Brit in round 1 so will go full pantomime villain (i hope). I've not looked at his potential draw but I'm going to go low on violations and warnings. 

Metal hip at least twice per set (assuming you mean BBC commentators.)

Fed mentions depend on who makes the final. If Djoko is there, Fed will be mentioned a lot as Novak will draw level on championships won. If it's Hurkacz v Berretini, Fed won't get a mention. 

There will be one set of the men's final that lasts longer than the women's final if Djoko is involved. 

Bahrami will borrow a touch judge's chair during a rally. I don't mind that guff, really. It's done for the fans in the stadium and they tend to like it. 

Another forecast is that The Tiger will say "y'know" over 2,500 times in his analyses over the fortnight. He was interviewed for about 4 minutes this morning (including Nick Robinson's questions) and I counted 24 y'knows.

Whilst I love Andy Murray, I can't agree with him and imo this year feels like an exhibition that I can't get excited about.

1 hour ago, I P Knightley said:

My wee side tip of Hurkacz is playing like a beginner: 2 sets to love down.

Here comes the rain. 

Rain has done him no harm by the looks of things 

JudyJudyJudy
3 hours ago, I P Knightley said:

My wee side tip of Hurkacz is playing like a beginner: 2 sets to love down.

Here comes the rain. 

Oh dear 

I P Knightley

He's done what I have advocated for 15 years; if only he'd read the tennis pages of JKB.

Instead of walloping his first serve as hard as he possibly can, he should shave a couple of mph off it and get more of them in. He hit nearly 70% of first serves in set 2 and won the point with every single one. Piece of piss!!

Duckworth is not good enough to win this by himself; Murray made the first set ready for him. 

Thank you, I.P.

🤣 modest

I remember Duckworth from years ago...wondered what had happened to him but they said he's had something like 9 ops in 10 years.  So Murray can't use the injuries excuse of he loses. 😁

Andy Murray has talked recently about using the underarm serve so not sure why the commentators sound so surprised. 

Maybe they don't follow tennis that closely. 

Edited by Mikey1874

JudyJudyJudy
45 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Andy Murray has talked recently about using the underarm serve so not sure why the commentators sound so surprised. 

Maybe they don't follow tennis that closely. 

I love the cheeky under arm serve ! It’s a legit tactic ! Remember the first time I saw it was cheeky swizz miss Martina Hingis against miserable Graf at the French open many years back