Pyramid Leagues Superthread

Footballfirst

Footballfirst
10 minutes ago, Locky said:

Speaking of Bonnyrigg, I'm gonna head down to Musselburgh this evening to watch Athletic take on the Rose.

Ditto

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Footballfirst

• Mikey1874

• davemclaren

• RobboM

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Ditto

I usually stand on the grassy embankment just before the wee stand, so if you see someone there in a Schalke top of sorts then it'll be me. :lol: 

Might be nothing but Livingston today tweeting about cutting off ties with their sponsor Clarke ePos.
So what for this thread?
Lowland League this season is the Clarke ePos Lowland League ....

Looking at the (very small amount of) Twitter replies looks like it could potentially be a bid of a dodgy company - very poor website. 

Don't think it will affect the financial budget of our B team but maybe effect some of the smaller less funded teams in the league.

You do wonder how much due diligence is done with these sponsorship deals.

Footballfirst

Clarke ePos also sponsors St Mirren and Motherwell.

Its CEO Hugh Clarke has also taken over Ardeer Thistle in the WOSFL.

https://todayheadline.co/ardeer-thistle-hugh-clarke-of-clarke-epos-uk-to-take-over/

There certainly seems a lot of chat about non payment of sponsorship, so the LL and other clubs should be aware of what they are getting into before signing up to any deal.

Edited by Footballfirst

Watt-Zeefuik
15 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

I think Bonnyrigg are the only club to have gone up who have not had a rich benefactor pumping in cash.   Edinburgh City, Cove Rangers and Kelty Hearts didn't get their by hard work alone from their committee.

Tranent are also benefiting from this and outbid a L2 side for a player from Jeanfield Swifts.  Darvel of course are splashing cash all over the place, as are East Kilbride.

It'll only last so long.

Obviously it can go toes-up in a moment, but can't this be said of most clubs that have taken a big step up? Where would Celtic be without Desmond, The Rangers without Dave King, or for that matter Hearts without Ann Budge and James Anderson? If the potential support is there and the money is well managed, those clubs might make the step up and stay there. It's long been noted how Aberdeen have a monopoly on a pretty large catchment area, there's 300k+ people in Fife with Raith, Dunfermline, and Cowdenbeath all going in the wrong direction, and as has been noted Edinburgh is growing rapidly.

We know first hand from the Romanov chaos and the SMG debacle that money doesn't guarantee success, particularly when it's thrown around in silly ways, but it's entirely possible that some of those clubs settle in at a much higher level and stay there.

Chuck Berry
5 hours ago, Locky said:

Agree with Cove and Kelty, but not sure about the Lothians 2. City have always seemed to operate on a very modest budget. They got out of the Lowland League at the right time, as once they came up is when the likes of East Kilbride, Kelty etc. came right on the scene and I don't think City would've kept up with them.

I see Tranent's rise as very similar to Bonnyrigg's. They're a massively supported club for their level, and as such just outgrew the teams around them. Tranent outbidding a L2 side further flags up the imbalance in the pyramid.

Edinburgh City are little different. We're talking a club who barely attracted 50 fans to Meadowbank in the LL, and are lucky to get 300 for many of their L2 matches.  Promotion to L1 isn't done on gate money and raffles.

Tranent have had a lot of money put into them over the last 7-8 years by the guy behind M-Pact their sponsors. They've gone from being bottom of the pile in 2015 and almost bust with hardly anyone watching them, to shelling out large transfer fees and wages. They get maybe 200 a game, with more turning out for bigger matches.  They are not a Bonnyrigg.

Chuck Berry
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

Obviously it can go toes-up in a moment, but can't this be said of most clubs that have taken a big step up? Where would Celtic be without Desmond, The Rangers without Dave King, or for that matter Hearts without Ann Budge and James Anderson? If the potential support is there and the money is well managed, those clubs might make the step up and stay there. It's long been noted how Aberdeen have a monopoly on a pretty large catchment area, there's 300k+ people in Fife with Raith, Dunfermline, and Cowdenbeath all going in the wrong direction, and as has been noted Edinburgh is growing rapidly.

We know first hand from the Romanov chaos and the SMG debacle that money doesn't guarantee success, particularly when it's thrown around in silly ways, but it's entirely possible that some of those clubs settle in at a much higher level and stay there.

I don't necessarily disagree, some will stick, others will plummet when their backer(s) get bored.  For every Ross County there's a Gretna.

15 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

Edinburgh City are little different. We're talking a club who barely attracted 50 fans to Meadowbank in the LL, and are lucky to get 300 for many of their L2 matches.  Promotion to L1 isn't done on gate money and raffles.

Tranent have had a lot of money put into them over the last 7-8 years by the guy behind M-Pact their sponsors. They've gone from being bottom of the pile in 2015 and almost bust with hardly anyone watching them, to shelling out large transfer fees and wages. They get maybe 200 a game, with more turning out for bigger matches.  They are not a Bonnyrigg.

Fair enough on the Tranent one. I didn't realise that. I genuinely just assumed they were getting those kind of crowds back in Junior days and just naturally came up the ranks. 

You've got a point about City, but I still think there's a degree of fortune to them. As I said before, I think they got out of the LL at the right time, and if they'd missed out on promotion that season, may still be down there now. They struggled in their first couple of seasons, and even last season they weren't great but did just enough to sneak a play-off spot and turned up when it mattered in said play-off matches.

I think City benefit from their location being able to pick up a lot of youngsters from Hearts and Hibs etc. A bit of an advantage over more provincial clubs perhaps. I think they're going to struggle a lot this season though.

In the last full season before lock down Cove Kelty Edinburgh City and Bonnyrigg were all getting crowds of between 400 and 450 on average

Tranent were getting an average of 287 not a massive difference and scope to improve and catch up with the others above the same goes for Musselburgh and Penicuik if they get promoted

15 hours ago, Sooks said:

In the last full season before lock down Cove Kelty Edinburgh City and Bonnyrigg were all getting crowds of between 400 and 450 on average

Tranent were getting an average of 287 not a massive difference and scope to improve and catch up with the others above the same goes for Musselburgh and Penicuik if they get promoted

Tranent crowds must've spiked massively since Covid as I'm sure they were getting 500-600 most weeks last season. Me and a pal at the game last night had this discussion though, I think one positive to come out of all that in terms of football, is local teams maybe getting larger crowds. This time last year there was of course crowd restrictions so the only sure fire way of getting to see a game was to go and watch your local teams and obviously some have really fell in love with the charm of lower league football. 

I was at Musselburgh vs Penicuik last August and there was a good crowd of about 500 there for a midweek game. Was fantastic. Sure Tranent played Bonnyrigg last season front of a crowd of 1000+ last season too in one of the cups. As much as I dream of being able to follow Hearts everywhere, its simply not possible for me, so I really enjoy getting down to support local clubs when I get a chance and its great to see some of the 'greater Edinburgh' clubs thriving.

8 hours ago, Jambo 4 Ever said:

How did they play?

2-1 win in the end for Bonnyrigg. Thought Musselburgh played very well though. Rose perhaps controlled it a bit more in larger parts but lacked a bit of end product and Musselburgh were hitting them well on the break. Mussy went 1 up and then had a quick second chopped off for offside. That seemed to put a rocket up Bonnyrigg though who scored twice late on to win it.

Decent match for a friendly, and well worth the fiver entry. Spartans vs Hearts tonight for me, then going with my Hibby pal to watch Preston Athletic vs Hibs XI on Thursday night at Pennypit. A grand total of £18 for 3 games.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Tranent crowds must've spiked massively since Covid as I'm sure they were getting 500-600 most weeks last season. Me and a pal at the game last night had this discussion though, I think one positive to come out of all that in terms of football, is local teams maybe getting larger crowds. This time last year there was of course crowd restrictions so the only sure fire way of getting to see a game was to go and watch your local teams and obviously some have really fell in love with the charm of lower league football. 

I was at Musselburgh vs Penicuik last August and there was a good crowd of about 500 there for a midweek game. Was fantastic. Sure Tranent played Bonnyrigg last season front of a crowd of 1000+ last season too in one of the cups. As much as I dream of being able to follow Hearts everywhere, its simply not possible for me, so I really enjoy getting down to support local clubs when I get a chance and its great to see some of the 'greater Edinburgh' clubs thriving.

The figures I gave were for the last full season before covid so there will be things to take in to consideration such as what league the teams were in and what teams were in those leagues with them when looking at averages

I agree with you and think those teams have a good potential to grow in a similar vein as Livingston did

14 minutes ago, Sooks said:

The figures I gave were for the last full season before covid so there will be things to take in to consideration such as what league the teams were in and what teams were in those leagues with them when looking at averages

I agree with you and think those teams have a good potential to grow in a similar vein as Livingston did

Livingston is quite a good example actually. For a long time now, they've been the only professional club in a very large catchment area, but don't seem to have quite kicked on in terms of support too much. It could take a while for them to come to the SPFL, but some of the ex-Junior clubs in West Lothian get very good crowds and their rise could really threaten Livi.

Ccjambo1874

One would imagine the crowds will likely be even larger at these clubs when the World Cup starts and people might be more inclined to go along and watch the local team on a Saturday if the team they support isn't playing. I for one will more than likely try and catch a few Haddington matches across the course of the season if I'm at a loose end.

2 minutes ago, Locky said:

Livingston is quite a good example actually. For a long time now, they've been the only professional club in a very large catchment area, but don't seem to have quite kicked on in terms of support too much. It could take a while for them to come to the SPFL, but some of the ex-Junior clubs in West Lothian get very good crowds and their rise could really threaten Livi.

I agree that Livi never kicked on the way that they were expected to by some and I put that down to them relying mainly on new fans in an area that was vastly populated by old firm fans and Hearts and Hibs supporters making up the rest ......................... they had to rely on converting fans

As you rightly point out Tranent Musselburgh and Penicuik all have smallish but never the less established supports and they would be trying to add to those 

I am pretty skeptical about how many Meadowbank fans started following Livingston 

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I agree that Livi never kicked on the way that they were expected to by some and I put that down to them relying mainly on new fans in an area that was vastly populated by old firm fans and Hearts and Hibs supporters making up the rest ......................... they had to rely on converting fans

As you rightly point out Tranent Musselburgh and Penicuik all have smallish but never the less established supports and they would be trying to add to those 

I am pretty skeptical about how many Meadowbank fans started following Livingston 

Reading the Edinburgh City thread on Pie and Bovril, it seems as though a fair number of ex-Meadowbank fans switched to City, and a few after their debacle might now be going to watch Civil Service.

I think Livi have done well as a club. They went a bit mental in the early 2000's and finished the decade almost disappearing from the game as quickly as they came about, but since then have become a good, well run community club, and have done well to stay in the Premiership as long as they have without being involved in a dogfight.

Have nothing against Livi at all and as much as I would've been against the relocation of Meadowbank were it not before my time, I do think West Lothian deserved a senior club. Livi fans intrigue me though. I work with a guy who's nearly 40, Livi born and bred, and is a ST holder. Grew up as a Rangers 'fan' (loosely termed by himself) but can't stand them now so fair play. I was in Livi on Saturday and their game had just finished and I seen guys who looked in their 50's dressed in club colours and always wondered what their deal was. 

Given how big West Lothian is, there is definitely potential to get youngsters in the door and really grow their fanbase, but as we all know, fighting the evils of the uglies is easier said than done, and as you point out, they've got the added struggle of having Hearts and Hibs more or less on their doorsteps too.

Footballfirst
1 hour ago, Locky said:

2-1 win in the end for Bonnyrigg. Thought Musselburgh played very well though. Rose perhaps controlled it a bit more in larger parts but lacked a bit of end product and Musselburgh were hitting them well on the break. Mussy went 1 up and then had a quick second chopped off for offside. That seemed to put a rocket up Bonnyrigg though who scored twice late on to win it.

Decent match for a friendly, and well worth the fiver entry. Spartans vs Hearts tonight for me, then going with my Hibby pal to watch Preston Athletic vs Hibs XI on Thursday night at Pennypit. A grand total of £18 for 3 games.

I'd agree with that assessment of the game. 

I'm going to head down to Innerleithen tonight for the U18s game v VoL.

3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Reading the Edinburgh City thread on Pie and Bovril, it seems as though a fair number of ex-Meadowbank fans switched to City, and a few after their debacle might now be going to watch Civil Service.

I think Livi have done well as a club. They went a bit mental in the early 2000's and finished the decade almost disappearing from the game as quickly as they came about, but since then have become a good, well run community club, and have done well to stay in the Premiership as long as they have without being involved in a dogfight.

Have nothing against Livi at all and as much as I would've been against the relocation of Meadowbank were it not before my time, I do think West Lothian deserved a senior club. Livi fans intrigue me though. I work with a guy who's nearly 40, Livi born and bred, and is a ST holder. Grew up as a Rangers 'fan' (loosely termed by himself) but can't stand them now so fair play. I was in Livi on Saturday and their game had just finished and I seen guys who looked in their 50's dressed in club colours and always wondered what their deal was. 

Given how big West Lothian is, there is definitely potential to get youngsters in the door and really grow their fanbase, but as we all know, fighting the evils of the uglies is easier said than done, and as you point out, they've got the added struggle of having Hearts and Hibs more or less on their doorsteps too.

Livi fans that I knew and know were ex Celtic and ex Hearts .............. The Celtic guy wanted to take his kids to see a team that was not full of hate and poison like Celtic are and the Hearts guy was just a glory hunter who barely had any interest in football outside of Manchester United on Sky TV

I do not see the former Hearts guy any more but the last time he did his interest was waning with Livis fortunes

The Celtic guy still follows Livi but his eldest son switched to Hearts

7 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I'd agree with that assessment of the game. 

I'm going to head down to Innerleithen tonight for the U18s game v VoL.

Big lad Kieran McGachie for Bonnyrigg blew a few chances. Based on last nights showing, I'd say Rose need to still do a bit of business, but it was a friendly after all.

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Livi fans that I knew and know were ex Celtic and ex Hearts .............. The Celtic guy wanted to take his kids to see a team that was not full of hate and poison like Celtic are and the Hearts guy was just a glory hunter who barely had any interest in football outside of Manchester United on Sky TV

I do not see the former Hearts guy any more but the last time he did his interest was waning with Livis fortunes

:lol: can't help but laugh at that poor Celtic fans misfortune. I wonder what his eldest sons views on Celtic are. :D 

1 minute ago, Locky said:

Big lad Kieran McGachie for Bonnyrigg blew a few chances. Based on last nights showing, I'd say Rose need to still do a bit of business, but it was a friendly after all.

:lol: can't help but laugh at that poor Celtic fans misfortune. I wonder what his eldest sons views on Celtic are. :D 

I often wonder that my self Locky ............. hes a decent guy to be fair and at least his son did not get in to the hoops 😄 

3 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I often wonder that my self Locky ............. hes a decent guy to be fair and at least his son did not get in to the hoops 😄 

I won't judge. I live in a household full of Celtic fans (mum, brother and to an extent sisters) and my girlfriend and all her family are of the other cheek. I keep my opinions on their clubs pretty quiet when they're around. :D 

Footballfirst
3 minutes ago, Locky said:

Bonnyrigg was missing Lee Currie and Scott Gray last right and started with three trialists. They also kept some of their better players on the bench until later in the game.

They have signed Kevin Smith from East Fife (whose testimonial was at Bayview last night). He will add to the options up front beyond McGachie, Hunter and Hall.  It's a bit short term but Rose should be happy just to consolidate their position in L2 next season.

15 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Bonnyrigg was missing Lee Currie and Scott Gray last right and started with three trialists. They also kept some of their better players on the bench until later in the game.

They have signed Kevin Smith from East Fife (whose testimonial was at Bayview last night). He will add to the options up front beyond McGachie, Hunter and Hall.  It's a bit short term but Rose should be happy just to consolidate their position in L2 next season.

Cheers FF. Wasn't sure much about their business. Thing I always find at this level is I'm much better with names and faces. Apart from Dean Brett and Kieran McGachie, I didn't recognise anyone but would probably know their names.

Was the keeper the same guy who played a blinder in the cup vs Dundee during lockdown? Stood behind the goals for most of the game and he was quite the unit. A lot of keepers at that level are just tall but nothing too them but he was built like a pro.

22 minutes ago, Locky said:

I won't judge. I live in a household full of Celtic fans (mum, brother and to an extent sisters) and my girlfriend and all her family are of the other cheek. I keep my opinions on their clubs pretty quiet when they're around. :D 

I go out of my way to tell my old firm friends and family how much I despise their football clubs 😄 

Footballfirst
47 minutes ago, Locky said:

Cheers FF. Wasn't sure much about their business. Thing I always find at this level is I'm much better with names and faces. Apart from Dean Brett and Kieran McGachie, I didn't recognise anyone but would probably know their names.

Was the keeper the same guy who played a blinder in the cup vs Dundee during lockdown? Stood behind the goals for most of the game and he was quite the unit. A lot of keepers at that level are just tall but nothing too them but he was built like a pro.

It was Michael Andrews who was in goal last night, but it was Mark Weir who was in goal against Dundee.

They are both of a similar build so it is easy to confuse them.

2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

It was Michael Andrews who was in goal last night, but it was Mark Weir who was in goal against Dundee.

They are both of a similar build so it is easy to confuse them.

Cheers FF. 

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
4 hours ago, Sooks said:

A guy from Dalkeith, called Foosty, used to be a Hun, had the tattoos, etc.  When his son was young hr supported Hibs, so his dad became a Hibs fan. The son is about 18,now,and became a glory hunting Hun,  after they died, and watches them now.

Foosty still sits at Easter Road, on his tod.  Just needs to hide his hun tats . 😁

1 minute ago, Joey J J Jr Shabadoo said:

A guy from Dalkeith, called Foosty, used to be a Hun, had the tattoos, etc.  When his son was young hr supported Hibs, so his dad became a Hibs fan. The son is about 18,now,and became a glory hunting Hun,  after they died, and watches them now.

Foosty still sits at Easter Road, on his tod.  Just needs to hide his hun tats . 😁

The wakadoodle world of Scottish football supporters 😄 

Tasavallan
6 hours ago, Sooks said:

Many mates in Livi followed the club as a cheaper option for taking their kids to football without the sectarianism.  

Thankfully I had the money to buy season tickets at Tynie for all the family.  My legacy to my children.

9 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Many mates in Livi followed the club as a cheaper option for taking their kids to football without the sectarianism.  

Thankfully I had the money to buy season tickets at Tynie for all the family.  My legacy to my children.

Yes I could see how that would happen and that appears to be the path taken by my old work mate

Chuck Berry
On 05/07/2022 at 16:51, Locky said:

Fair enough on the Tranent one. I didn't realise that. I genuinely just assumed they were getting those kind of crowds back in Junior days and just naturally came up the ranks. 

You've got a point about City, but I still think there's a degree of fortune to them. As I said before, I think they got out of the LL at the right time, and if they'd missed out on promotion that season, may still be down there now. They struggled in their first couple of seasons, and even last season they weren't great but did just enough to sneak a play-off spot and turned up when it mattered in said play-off matches.

I think City benefit from their location being able to pick up a lot of youngsters from Hearts and Hibs etc. A bit of an advantage over more provincial clubs perhaps. I think they're going to struggle a lot this season though.

I've been at Tranent games where's there's been a couple of dozen. They were on their arse before their money man stepped in.

Agree re City to an extent, right place right time, much to Spartans chagrin.

Chuck Berry
13 hours ago, Locky said:

Tranent crowds must've spiked massively since Covid as I'm sure they were getting 500-600 most weeks last season.

Nowhere close, as I said 200 is about average with a few bigger crowds when the stars align.   That said, it's good to see these clubs benefiting from moving into senior football and dumping the Juniors.

2 hours ago, Chuck Berry said:

Nowhere close, as I said 200 is about average with a few bigger crowds when the stars align.   That said, it's good to see these clubs benefiting from moving into senior football and dumping the Juniors.

The last full season before lockdown they averaged 287

Chuck Berry
13 hours ago, Sooks said:

The last full season before lockdown they averaged 287

These often are guesses crowd wise.  There is no formal requirement from the league to register attendances.

Footballfirst

I get the feeling that Cowdenbeath will struggle in the LL this season.  They have released pretty well everybody, including two ex Hearts players in Robbie Buchanan and Fraser Mullen who have both signed for Pollok.

Footballfirst

The Clarke ePos sponsorship of the LL is looking increasingly at risk. Falkirk is the latest club to cut its ties.

It's worth noting that Clarke ePos was introduced to the LL as a potential sponsor by one of the "guest clubs".

So that will be Hearts fault then :whistling:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2022/07/06/statement-re-clarke-epos-uk-limited/

Further to press speculation, we can confirm that, with respect to its sponsorship of Falkirk FC during season 2021/22, Clarke EPOS (UK) Limited failed to meet its payment obligations in full and the club raised a court action to recover the monies rightfully due.

On 7 June 2022 the Court found in favour of the club and awarded a summary decree in its favour. The order issued by the Court entitles the club to recover the full amounts claimed, interest on the late payment and the recovery of legal expenses incurred.

The club is presently waiting for Clarke EPOS (UK) Limited to comply with this order and will make no further comment at this time.

...... and this from Glasgow Rocks basketball team.

Glasgow Rocks are disappointed to confirm that Clarke EPOS (UK) ltd have failed to meet its payment obligations in regard to its sponsorship for the 2021/22 season and are no longer associated with the club.

We are currently pursuing legal action against the company for the amount owed, interest on the late payment and the recovery of legal expenses incurred.

The club has tried on numerous occasions to work with Clarke Epos (UK) ltd on a solution to this but with payment failing to materialise on several missed deadlines it was concluded that pursuing legal action was the only viable option left.

Edited by Footballfirst

Tasavallan
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I get the feeling that Cowdenbeath will struggle in the LL this season.  They have released pretty well everybody, including two ex Hearts players in Robbie Buchanan and Fraser Mullen who have both signed for Pollok.

Let it be so.

Pollock are pushing to top the WoSFL and get into the LL.  While I follow the results of LTHV, my feeling is that Linlithgow & Penicuik will be at top of the Premier Div.

55 minutes ago, Chuck Berry said:

These often are guesses crowd wise.  There is no formal requirement from the league to register attendances.

I took it from the official league and club data

Chuck Berry
20 minutes ago, Sooks said:

I took it from the official league and club data

As I say, it's an unofficial collection of data from a fan as the league themselves do not gather attendance figures.  Some crowd numbers can be wildly inaccurate from experience.

Anyone know how scored Hearts goals against Vale of Leithen last night. The VoL Twitter feed is a bit soor faced and unhelpful

image.png.1cff226d28d534d14d97a6c504838b2c.png

Footballfirst
Just now, HighTimes said:

Anyone know how scored Hearts goals against Vale of Leithen last night. The VoL Twitter feed is a bit soor faced and unhelpful

image.png.1cff226d28d534d14d97a6c504838b2c.png

Sandilands, Dall and McLuckie

First trip to Pennypit tonight to watch Preston Athletic face a Hibs XI. Pretty young Hibs side all round with Darren McGregor the only familiar face.

Hibs bossed them for 90 minutes but Preston kept it goalless at the half, only to ship 7 without reply in the second. Young lad for Hibs Connor Young scoring 4. 

Footballfirst
12 hours ago, Locky said:

First trip to Pennypit tonight to watch Preston Athletic face a Hibs XI. Pretty young Hibs side all round with Darren McGregor the only familiar face.

Hibs bossed them for 90 minutes but Preston kept it goalless at the half, only to ship 7 without reply in the second. Young lad for Hibs Connor Young scoring 4. 

Connor used to be with Hearts.

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Connor used to be with Hearts.

Hopefully not another one that got away.

21 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

The Clarke ePos sponsorship of the LL is looking increasingly at risk. Falkirk is the latest club to cut its ties.

It's worth noting that Clarke ePos was introduced to the LL as a potential sponsor by one of the "guest clubs".

So that will be Hearts fault then :whistling:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2022/07/06/statement-re-clarke-epos-uk-limited/

Further to press speculation, we can confirm that, with respect to its sponsorship of Falkirk FC during season 2021/22, Clarke EPOS (UK) Limited failed to meet its payment obligations in full and the club raised a court action to recover the monies rightfully due.

On 7 June 2022 the Court found in favour of the club and awarded a summary decree in its favour. The order issued by the Court entitles the club to recover the full amounts claimed, interest on the late payment and the recovery of legal expenses incurred.

The club is presently waiting for Clarke EPOS (UK) Limited to comply with this order and will make no further comment at this time.

...... and this from Glasgow Rocks basketball team.

Glasgow Rocks are disappointed to confirm that Clarke EPOS (UK) ltd have failed to meet its payment obligations in regard to its sponsorship for the 2021/22 season and are no longer associated with the club.

We are currently pursuing legal action against the company for the amount owed, interest on the late payment and the recovery of legal expenses incurred.

The club has tried on numerous occasions to work with Clarke Epos (UK) ltd on a solution to this but with payment failing to materialise on several missed deadlines it was concluded that pursuing legal action was the only viable option left.

Domino effect

image.png

• davemclaren changed the title to Pyramid Leagues Superthread