• sadj

• Pasquale for King

• Cruyff

• ri Alban

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

John Findlay
1 hour ago, Boab said:

That’s my fear. We won’t get as much room as we had on the left wing on Monday. These guys know Robertson well and that will be closed off. I honestly can’t see us making anything like the chances we had on Monday. 

This is where Steve Clarke has got to think outside the box.

England know all about Andy Robertson, if Tierney is fit, I would put him on the right instead of O'Donnell, along with his ex club mate Forrest, this to me would give us options both left and right. Robertson and Christie on the left, Tierney and Forest on the right.

Che Adams up top.

Let's occupy both Walker and Trippier.

If he goes with Dykes again, then I would always tell Dykes to go up against John Stones. Dykes will get far more joy in the air against him than Mings. If he decides to play both Adam's and Dykes(highly doubt this), then Adams on Mings, but ball to his feet. Mings, is not comfortable with this happening, he prefers to compete in the air.

Respect England by all means, but never ever fear them. 

We should never be scared of them.

Afterall it was us that taught them how to play the game😉.

17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

England know all about Andy Robertson, if Tierney is fit, I would put him on the right instead of O'Donnell, along with his ex club mate Forrest, this to me would give us options both left and right. Robertson and Christie on the left, Tierney and Forest on the right.

Che Adams up top.

If he goes with Dykes again, then I would always tell Dykes to go up against John Stones. Dykes will get far more joy in the air against him than Mings. If he decides to play both Adam's and Dykes(highly doubt this), then Adams on Mings, but ball to his feet. Mings, is not comfortable with this happening, he prefers to compete in the air.

Agree with all of that with Adams in for Dykes.

13 hours ago, Doc Rob said:

What concerns me is that we seem no closer to producing an international class forward. Naismith is the closest we’ve had recently and even he wasn’t that great at that level. The last one we had was Duncan Ferguson, who fell out with the SFA and refused to play.

It's defo a problem. 

12 hours ago, ToqueJambo said:

We have a forward who plays (and scored the same number of league goals as Schick last season) against EPL defenders though and Clarke left him out.

I agree we played quite well but I'm very frustrated with a couple of Clarke's selections - Marshall and Christie mainly - and non selections - Adams, Fraser and Gordon. Clarke's determination to approach the finals as a way to reward the players who got us there instead of trying to win by playing the best players available and putting sentiment aside has cost us already.

Wouldn't say Adams is as good a finisher as Schick but defo a million times better than Dykes. 

Agree mate, he should have picked Adams and Fraser/Forrest. 

11 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

we just need to pick our best players,

Billy Gilmour at age 20 would be playing for every team in the completion outside of the big 5. And he would be the only player we have capable of breaking into those teams

Nathan Paterson is a better player than O’Donnell every single day of the week, he’s only 19 but there are quite a few younger players starting for better nations 

Adams is a far better player than Dykes 

I like Christie as a player but he’s been mince for 6 months, Turnbull playing alongside has been at an entirely different level.

Forrest and Fraser provide an attacking threat / width. One of them should have been starting

Sure you can’t accommodate all of those players but my biggest gripe is we’ve set out not to lose, instead of trying to win.

Scotland have better players than the Czech Republic, playing at bigger clubs and a higher level.  They were absolutely bang average . We should have gone for it but no, perceived safety and “loyalty” have cost us the game. 

It was pathetic cowardly management from Steve Clark.  

Agree mate. 

We lost a key attacking threat in Tierney and he replaced it with another Centerhalf. It was a mistake to start with Adams, Christie and O'Donnell. Hopefully he remedies this on Friday. 

Horatio Caine
1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Was it not Hibs who did that?  After they had schooled Brazil?

TyphoonJambo
8 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

David Marshall has competition 

I wouldn't be surprised to find he had just been to the bookies. Looks pretty suspect.

Pasquale for King
17 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

He probably has the same level of coach, Stevie Woods, just on SSN scooping gunk our his ear live all over the U.K. 

avhudtheteeshirt
2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Che Adams up top.

And this is where David Marshall should stay in his!!!!!

Big Slim Stylee

Clarke saying he didn’t think O’Donnell put a foot wrong. Was he actually watching the same game as us?😀

I want to win against England if only to shut up the patronising Rio "My dyed beard is Weird" Ferdinand and stick it up their ITV counterparts for their 30 minute circle jerk over Gazzas goal 25 years ago.

Just a thought but given the level he's playing at and his versatility as a defender and midfielder, why is Aaron Hickey not in this squad??

2 hours ago, John Findlay said:

Che Adams up top.

This could work. Assuming England play Sterling and Mount behind him and on the left. Tierney being left footed would be a good option to stop them cutting inside on their preferred foot - if they have to go outside then they are both on their left foot which although they can play on, they aren’t as strong 

definitely agree that we need to be strong on both flanks. Forrest did enough against the Czechs and to merit a starting place. We really need Tierney fit for this game - whether he is or not is another story 

Ultimately I fear another performance full of passion and gusto throughout but we will be left talking about the difference being players that are clinical and can finish - we have to go into the game believing we can win. It’s a huge ask but any chance we get we just have to take it

the one thing that we do know is that they could score out of nothing. Was interesting listening to Don Hutchison who was talking about the game coming up 

His philosophy is that the players give themselves targets IE get through the first 15 minutes, then get to halftime and don’t concede. Nick a goal and then defend for your life! 

I could feel the frustration immediately as I would love us to have a go, but as much as I hate to say it, England have multiple match winners and the last thing we need at half time is to be a few goals down and left chasing the game - maybe he is right and that’s what we need to do - it’s a tricky one for sure - we have to believe we can win it otherwise we might as well not bother turning up 

Clarke needs to use any pace at his disposal in the last third.  He’s got to play Fraser or Forrest and give Scotland a chance to get up the park in those moments we win possession. 

I wouldn’t play Christie.  I wouldn’t play Dykes.  

Adams up top who’ll run England’s back line when he can, which Dykes won’t be capable of.  It’s evident to everyone that Adams also has good link up play but he needs bodies around him quick, so we need pace.   

Edited by Debut 4

20 hours ago, Cruyff said:

🤣

We played ok, we weren't as bad as folk are making out. We had chances and their keepers made a few class saves but we lacked a bit of quality. 

As I said, watched it again last night and all the Czechs did was play for set pieces and they were unbelievably lucky. Every bounce and deflection went their way. 

The first goals a cracking header, we could have done better stopping the cross but it's a world class header and no keeper saves that.

The second imo Hendry makes a disastrous decision taking a shot from there, stupidity on stilts but the luck they get from the rebound is unreal, the ball runs absolutely perfect for them and obv Marshalls gone for a wonder but the hits brilliant. That knocks the stuffing out of our lads tbf. 

The margins were very small. There wasn't a great deal in it. If Hendry and Marshall make safe choices, that 2nd doesn't happen and we're still in it. 

Reflecting back on it, I feel we were a bit unfortunate. I think Clarke has made a mistake by not starting Adams and either Forrest or Fraser who would have caused more problems with their pace. 

We are one quality centre back and forward player short of being a side who really could compete.

Not having a striker or clinical finisher in the side, and at this level, is probably the main difference between success and failure. The stats in the Czech game pretty much prove this. 

54 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Clarke saying he didn’t think O’Donnell put a foot wrong. Was he actually watching the same game as us?😀

If he said that, we’re in deep shit !

8 minutes ago, Debut 4 said:

Clarke needs to use any pace at his disposal in the last third.  He’s got to play Fraser or Forrest and give Scotland a chance to get up the park in those moments we win possession. 

I wouldn’t play Christie.  I wouldn’t play Dykes.  

Adams up top who’ll run England’s back line when he can, which Dykes won’t be capable of.  It’s evident to everyone that Adams also has good link up play but he needs bodies around him quick, so we need pace.   

Gordon 

Tierney         Cooper.    Hanley.    Robertson

Turnbull.    Mcktominay

Forrest.                 Gilmour.            Fraser.   

Adams. 

if Tierney is out play Patterson 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

The second attempt is what makes it a classic. 

Big Slim Stylee
25 minutes ago, Boab said:

If he said that, we’re in deep shit !

His exact words: “Analyze the game and tell me what Stephen did wrong?”

Everyone else’s analysis: “There is no way that’s an international footballer.” 😀

20k going down to London.

Can't get into Trafalgar Square; some now booked in to pubs having their reservations cancelled.

Talk of converging in Hyde Park to watch at various different streaming times on mobiles, tablets, ipads.

1 hour ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

8 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Everyone else’s analysis: “There is no way that’s an international footballer.” 😀

🤣🤣 **** off didnt put a foot wrong , his first touch he fell over the ball then bodychecked Christie , first goal he ran stopped then sort of twirled round as the Czech boy crossed it , no effort to block it. **** off Clarke ya wank

7991FB51-80DC-4081-AA46-61FA062F6DCE.jpeg

84C971EB-80AE-48BD-93CB-36E2400102A3.jpeg

Big Slim Stylee
1 minute ago, sadj said:

🤣🤣 **** off didnt put a foot wrong , his first touch he fell over the ball then bodychecked Christie , first goal he ran stopped then sort of twirled round as the Czech boy crossed it , no effort to block it. **** off Clarke ya wank

You know it’s ok to stand by your players but maybe at times you should STFU?😀

2 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

You know it’s ok to stand by your players but maybe at times you should STFU?😀

Ridiculous to say David and Stephen don’t deserve any criticism is ****ing stupid. Hes had an easy ride so far but Monday has given a few a wee chance to challenge the Clarke is perfect idea

Big Slim Stylee
Just now, sadj said:

Ridiculous to say David and Stephen don’t deserve any criticism is ****ing stupid. Hes had an easy ride so far but Monday has given a few a wee chance to challenge the Clarke is perfect idea

There was a predicted side. It had Gilmour, Patterson and Adams. I almost got excited thinking “we’ll have a go at least”. Then he went safe. His reasoning for starting Dykes is laughable. I’d be well ****ed off if I was Adams. I think he got scared knowing he couldn’t play Tierney. It warped his thinking. 🙁

Just now, Big Slim Stylee said:

There was a predicted side. It had Gilmour, Patterson and Adams. I almost got excited thinking “we’ll have a go at least”. Then he went safe. His reasoning for starting Dykes is laughable. I’d be well ****ed off if I was Adams. I think he got scared knowing he couldn’t play Tierney. It warped his thinking. 🙁

Or hes just a very defensive man and cant utilise the talent we do actually have. 

Big Slim Stylee
Just now, sadj said:

Or hes just a very defensive man and cant utilise the talent we do actually have. 

He’s a safe player. Like Craig Brown?

Pasquale for King
37 minutes ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Running into a forward shaping up to shoot in the opposition box and being ten yards behind Hendry when he went to shoot are two off the top of my head. 
Just typical manager chat when challenged about his team or the tactics. 

1 hour ago, Hearts1975 said:

We are one quality centre back and forward player short of being a side who really could compete.

Not having a striker or clinical finisher in the side, and at this level, is probably the main difference between success and failure. The stats in the Czech game pretty much prove this. 

Totally mate. Although Id say the Czech central defence are no better than ours. Actually think Grant Hanley has become a very reasonable Centerhalf, seems to have cut out the mistakes. 

3 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

So he meant to tackle Christie? Plus he was just going through the motions when he belatedly went out to close down the crosser for the first goal - I know I saw the danger at least 2-3 seconds before this international footballer...

3 hours ago, Big Slim Stylee said:

Just a case of a manager defending his player in the face of criticism. It wouldn't surprise me if Clarke drops O'Donnell for the next game - it was pretty obvious that he was out of his depth on Monday and there are quite a few alternative options. 

2 hours ago, sadj said:

I see a few people are in hospital after that dick parachutist’s antics.

Greenpeace, who were behind it, blamed “ technical difficulties ! “

Aye, that’ll be the wind, ya clowns !

1 hour ago, stirlo said:

Just a case of a manager defending his player in the face of criticism. It wouldn't surprise me if Clarke drops O'Donnell for the next game - it was pretty obvious that he was out of his depth on Monday and there are quite a few alternative options. 

Of course Clarke is going to defend his players, that's his job. I don't know what folk expect. He'd be a pretty shite man manager if ge was to tell the press he thought Marshall and O'Donnell were a couple of clowns. I'm sure behind closed doors he will be more critical. That's how it should be. 

2 minutes ago, Boab said:

I see a few people are in hospital after that dick parachutist’s antics.

Greenpeace, who were behind it, blamed “ technical difficulties ! “

Aye, that’ll be the wind, ya clowns !

Aye I saw that , do your research. No problem with them wanting To make their point but endangering people by not knowing there was wires for tv cameras going across the roof is ****ing stupid. No wonder he lost control. 

Just now, Cruyff said:

Of course Clarke is going to defend his players, that's his job. I don't know what folk expect. He'd be a pretty shite man manager if ge was to tell the press he thought Marshall and O'Donnell were a couple of clowns. I'm sure behind closed doors he will be more critical. That's how it should be. 

Nope that doesnt fly with Hearts its not flying with Scotland. Tbh he doesnt need to defend them as strongly he could have deflected it. By saying basically they didnt put a foot wrong just pisses people off

2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Aye I saw that , do your research. No problem with them wanting To make their point but endangering people by not knowing there was wires for tv cameras going across the roof is ****ing stupid. No wonder he lost control. 

Topically, it was the French that sank their boat !

Anyway, I digress, game’s on !

👍

I just saw the ratings the papers gave Scotland players the other day 🤣 Marshall 6 , O’Donnell 5 , Hendry 4 , Christie 5 the rest 6s bar Hanley and Cooper who got a 7 **** off

26 minutes ago, sadj said:

Nope that doesnt fly with Hearts its not flying with Scotland. Tbh he doesnt need to defend them as strongly he could have deflected it. By saying basically they didnt put a foot wrong just pisses people off

I don't think he cares what the public think, he's just trying to create a siege mentality around the squad. 

23 minutes ago, sadj said:

I just saw the ratings the papers gave Scotland players the other day 🤣 Marshall 6 , O’Donnell 5 , Hendry 4 , Christie 5 the rest 6s bar Hanley and Cooper who got a 7 **** off

Hanley had a good game. Robertson was excellent. 

McGinn, Dykes, Christie, O'Donnell, Cooper were pish. 

Marshall made a few good saves but deserves a 5 for going walkabout. 

1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

I don't think he cares what the public think, he's just trying to create a siege mentality around the squad. 

He def doesnt care. Was more the fact ppl rip RN for the same thing. 

Robertson got a 6 i thought he was our best player. 

kingantti1874
32 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Steve Clark is underperforming. We have players performing week in week out at a very high level, for big clubs in big leagues. He’s a an ultra negative manager suited to a small club like Killie. 

23 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Steve Clark is underperforming. We have players performing week in week out at a very high level, for big clubs in big leagues. He’s a an ultra negative manager suited to a small club like Killie. 

Erm... I kinda agree and kinda don't. I think he's turned us around but I agree he'd get more out of t what we have if he was to play the best players available to him in their right positions and needs to be more attacking. 

Edited by Cruyff

Malinga the Swinga
8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Erm... I kinda agree and kinda don't. I think he's turned us around but I agree he'd get more out of t what we have if he was to play the best players available to him in their right positions and needs to be more attacking. 

He hasn't turned us around. We have won one competitive game out of our last 8 in 90 minutes, drawn 4 and lost 3. Two wins on penalties are papering over cracks.

We have better players being held back by managers insistence on playing his favourites, even when they're shit.

4 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

20k going down to London.

Can't get into Trafalgar Square; some now booked in to pubs having their reservations cancelled.

Talk of converging in Hyde Park to watch at various different streaming times on mobiles, tablets, ipads.

Good luck with that as weather warnings for next two days with heavy rain and thunderstorms in London 

Typical as it’s been in high 20s for a couple of weeks as well 

Maybe controversial but is Clarke actually a good manager?

We've got the best individuals for a long time and across the pitch I'd say we're every bit as good as a Wales for example yet they'll get out their group against similar level teams despite having an interim manager. I can't help but feel that rather than overachieving to qualify were actually underachieving given the quality we've got available and often choose not to use.

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

We've got the best individuals for a long time and across the pitch I'd say we're every bit as good as a Wales for example yet they'll get out their group against similar level teams despite having an interim manager. I can't help but feel that rather than overachieving to qualify were actually underachieving given the quality we've got available and often choose not to use.

I don’t think he is... 

The penalty shoot out win papered over the cracks 

32 minutes ago, Taffin said:

He's an improvement on McLeish that's for sure, in classic football fan style we always want more. This time last year folk would have sold body parts just to be a part of the tournament. Now we are here we want more.  

I think Steve Clarke makes us a lot more organised and brought some identity, but he does remind me of Neilson, sets up not to lose rather than win. He had the chance to go for it on Monday but he choked and chose a team that was defensive. In international football you have to go for the 3pts, in qualifiers and tournaments the good teams will pick up maximum points, its fine in club seasons at mid tier teams to go on unbeaten runs of 10 games but only involves 3 wins and makes managers look great but I think that's us done now, I can't see us picking up more than 1 point from the remaining games. 

Edited by Jambo92

2 hours ago, theshed said:

Good luck with that as weather warnings for next two days with heavy rain and thunderstorms in London 

Typical as it’s been in high 20s for a couple of weeks as well 

RMT strikes too on Sunday if coming back.