• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Pasquale for King

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

chubby1973
1 hour ago, OldGorgie said:

So what. Apart from a few morons on here, everyone with sense have condemned that ignorant mouth breathing rabble. 

I wasn't criticing her, it was a genuine question.

Footballfirst
46 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

In the words of Nicola Sturgeon after the Edinburgh anti lockdown protest. 

"Sturgeon was asked about the demonstration at the briefing. She was unequivocal in her response.

“It’s not some that’s particularly earth-shattering but I’m a passionate believer in freedom of speech and freedom of speech and people’s right to protest in a democracy,” the First Minister said.

“But right now, coming together in groups is putting people at risk. It’s putting people’s health at risk and frankly it’s not an exaggeration to say it’s putting people’s lives at risk.

“I think it’s deeply irresponsible to be doing that, whoever you are and whatever the cause is that you might be protesting for or protesting against."

I seem to recall that protest was in early January, when we were still in Level 4 restrictions, with peak infection rates, hospitalisations and deaths. 

Edit: ........ and while you are condemning the Police and Scottish Government for their actions/inaction to yesterday's mayhem, what have Rangers said about it. Where is their condemnation of their supporters actions?  It was all done in Rangers name after all.

Edited by Footballfirst

Unknown user
9 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Larkhall voted 46% SNP last week and Shettleston 54%. Sturgeon's Govan/Ibrox constituency returned her with a thumping 60% majority. The real myth is that Rangers supporters oppose SNP, some do, some don't. 

Doesn't that say more about the modern cultural make up of Larkhall, Shettleston and Govan/Ibrox than the open mindedness of huns though?

Malinga the Swinga
4 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Agreed, until you tried to blame the SNP. They brought in the Offensive behaviour act to try and solve this problem. You’re also wrong when you believe that their core support is from the OF, that doesn’t explain their results in the last 14 years I’m afraid. We can but hope some sort of action will be taken because of these scumbags yesterday, the defence of whom by some Hearts fans is disgusting if not surprising. 

Just for one, take off your SNP hat and try to be honest. 

Successive governments have been frightened to take Celtic and Rangers to hand and allowed them to set their own agenda. 

Constant sectarian singing at grounds, constant refusal to accept any responsibility for their supporters behaviour and the government does nothing. 

They passed an act, when they already had suitable laws in place. They were just too scared to use them. 

Finally spoke out today against Rangers fans, but it's too late. 

They watched protesters on Friday in Pollockshields break all guidelines, with the blessings of the local politicians. 

What did NS and her minions think the supporters of Rangers were going to do the next day? All stand 2 meters away from each other, sing We are the Champions once and then head off home. 

They arsed up, Police Scotland yet again proved they are not up to policing in Glasgow, but worst of all, the supporters of Rangers, a club based in Glasgow and Scotland embarrassed themselves and shamed the country with their behaviour. 

They should be hit with a ground closure warrant until they can persuade their supporters to enter 21st century and stop sectarianism at Ibrox. 

The same goes for their other halfs in Parlhead. Shut the ground until they behave. 

The rest of us have had enough of them. 

Bazzas right boot
37 minutes ago, sadj said:

I think hes saying whatever happened at Pollockshields didnt contain the violence and abhorrent behaviour that was displayed yesterday

If he was then I agree. 

1 hour ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Asian guy attacks huns, no? 

No idea of the circs but decent right/left combo and follow up when the idiot came back for 2nds.

8 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Doesn't that say more about the modern cultural make up of Larkhall, Shettleston and Govan/Ibrox than the open mindedness of huns though?

The hardcore orange order Boyne 1690 type hun will never vote SNP but the majority are obviously quite happy to. They like all the freebies like everybody else.

Unknown user
11 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

The hardcore orange order Boyne 1690 type hun will never vote SNP but the majority are obviously quite happy to. They like all the freebies like everybody else.

Testicles old chap

Forever Hearts
30 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I seem to recall that protest was in early January, when we were still in Level 4 restrictions, with peak infection rates, hospitalisations and deaths. 

Edit: ........ and while you are condemning the Police and Scottish Government for their actions/inaction to yesterday's mayhem, what have Rangers said about it. Where is their condemnation of their supporters actions?  It was all done in Rangers name after all.

Do you seem to recall that we still shouldn't be gathering in large numbers and we should also be observing social distancing? Oh, and Glasgow is in lockdown. Nobody should be travelling in or out of Glasgow.  

The Treasurer

We all know that those so called Hearts fans that are defending the scum yesterday would be just as quick to condemn the GB if they had done exactly the same 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Just for one, take off your SNP hat and try to be honest. 

Successive governments have been frightened to take Celtic and Rangers to hand and allowed them to set their own agenda. 

Constant sectarian singing at grounds, constant refusal to accept any responsibility for their supporters behaviour and the government does nothing. 

They passed an act, when they already had suitable laws in place. They were just too scared to use them. 

Finally spoke out today against Rangers fans, but it's too late. 

They watched protesters on Friday in Pollockshields break all guidelines, with the blessings of the local politicians. 

What did NS and her minions think the supporters of Rangers were going to do the next day? All stand 2 meters away from each other, sing We are the Champions once and then head off home. 

They arsed up, Police Scotland yet again proved they are not up to policing in Glasgow, but worst of all, the supporters of Rangers, a club based in Glasgow and Scotland embarrassed themselves and shamed the country with their behaviour. 

They should be hit with a ground closure warrant until they can persuade their supporters to enter 21st century and stop sectarianism at Ibrox. 

The same goes for their other halfs in Parlhead. Shut the ground until they behave. 

The rest of us have had enough of them. 

I don’t have an SNP hat, I don’t vote them. I just can see the actual situation because unlike you I don’t hate them. 
What do you expect the SNP to do other than make laws, they don’t control the Police unfortunately, it’s them that won’t uphold the laws. 
Im all for keeping their grounds closed. 
Sturgeon said the protest on Friday wasn’t a good idea at this time, either was a dawn raid on two guys that aren’t illegal immigrants apparently. 
Peaceful protests are vastly different from what happened yesterday, considering it was a celebration it’s strange how it usually goes pear shaped. 
Here’s today’s protest. 

CED95EAF-0CEF-49CF-BAB8-5256F33E60C2.jpeg

000F170B-BDCA-4482-85EA-1CFAF9EFB1D0.jpeg

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

We all know that those so called Hearts fans that are defending the scum yesterday would be just as quick to condemn the GB if they had done exactly the same 

Not a single person on here has defended the lowlifes who were fighting and throwing objects at the police. Not one. 

Tennant's  6's
1 hour ago, sadj said:

I think hes saying whatever happened at Pollockshields didnt contain the violence and abhorrent behaviour that was displayed yesterday

Yep, exactly 👍. Although I was referring to the gathering at George Sq today, but yeah, I wasnt talking about last nights events 

The Treasurer
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

Not a single person on here has defended the lowlifes who were fighting and throwing objects at the police. Not one. 

Plenty applauding the rest of their illegal behaviour though 

TyphoonJambo

Years ago,whilst serving in Germany,  I arranged to take a minibus load of guys down for the munchengladbach v rangers game. Not a blue nose amongst us,a mix of Scots,English and Welsh. When the teams came out,the home team wearing a predominantly white top,with a black and GREEN stripe. The place went ballistic " fenian *******s, c'mon the queen's 11, etc etc" . Wtf is this about? I was asked. Guys, I couldn't even begin to explain,was my reply. Anyway, 20 minutes later, the general consensus was "f###k this, let's get ourselves down to the street of a 1000 bars, these idiots are am embarrassment. 

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Yup, wouldn't have liked to be on the receiving end of any of it! Struts away nicely after proving his point as well! 😂😂

I don’t think they were complimenting him on his attire, whatever they said they deserved it. As the other huns patted the guy on the back afterwards I’m sure it was pretty bad. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, The Treasurer said:

Plenty applauding the rest of their illegal behaviour though 

No worse than what went on at Pollokshields and George Square today, and nobody said a word about it. 

Tennant's  6's
10 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Do you seem to recall that we still shouldn't be gathering in large numbers and we should also be observing social distancing? Oh, and Glasgow is in lockdown. Nobody should be travelling in or out of Glasgow.  

True, can't remember the exact figure, but there are a number of folk in hospital with the Indian strain of the virus, but this second 'lockdown' was nothing like the first one last yr..

Footballfirst
17 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Travel restrictions within Scotland and the rest of the UK were lifted when Scotland moved to Level 3 on 26th April.

From tomorrow it will be back to essential travel only in Moray and Glasgow.

Edited by Footballfirst

3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Think I saw it in the middle of one of their flags. 

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Take a bow, sir. 

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I have no idea what was said or if they deserve it. Just because someone else pats him on the back doesn't mean anything 

One of my earliest memories is of these ***** punching an Asian in Dalry for no reason at all. Karma is a great thing. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Rave MacPherson said:

Doubt its the same people involved

Same missing chromosomes, pair of ***** will be wary the next time they open their big mouths. 

The Treasurer
34 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

No worse than what went on at Pollokshields and George Square today, and nobody said a word about it. 

Two wrongs don't make a right. My original point still stands 

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
1 hour ago, Weakened Offender said:

They literally got mauled in Dublin. I worked with an Irish guy for a few years and he told me the extent of the scudding they took over there. Ears chewed off, slashings and heads kicked in all over the city. They were screaming for help. 

i worked with an Irish guy and he said that didn’t happen in fact he described a very different less dramatic situation 

presumably a different one to your irish guy

Forever Hearts
6 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think the key word in that article was "asked". It's not unlawful to travel.

Should the pro Palestine protestors (or Green Brigade as they're also known) be in George Square? 

been here before
2 hours ago, Maroon Sailor said:

So the list of towns and cities they have smashed up stands at

Wolverhampton

Newcastle

Birmingham

Dublin

Sunderland

Manchester

Glasgow

The had to get the Cup Winners Cup presented to them in the Nou Camp dressing room because their fans had invaded the pitch and were getting a doing from the Spanish polis.

Ah just noticed Tazio mentioned it 2 hours ago :lol:

Edited by been here before

Auldbenches
32 minutes ago, Norm said:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Take a bow, sir. 

He replied with that line in less than two minutes.  Brilliant. 

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I think the key word in that article was "asked". It's not unlawful to travel.

Level 3 rules. No mention of "asking"

Screenshot_20210516-173002_Samsung Internet.jpg

wattie exploited
17 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Worrying thing is Wattie at least half there would be jumping onto trains heading for Edinburgh, West Lothian, Falkirk, Ayrshire and eff knows where else to bring back the "spike".

****ing looks like a law for the Glasgow teams as their supporters out in there thousands with covid still spiking through there and they are traveling from all over welcome to other lockdown coming thanks to these pricks :rifle:

henryheart
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

How many police have had traffic control barriers thrown at them today? How many at last week's Pollokshields immigration protest?  

It is still legal to protest.

Correct. Each and every Rangers supporter who took part in any way, peacefully or otherwise is an idiot, and they have been correctly condemned by the politicians. What possessed them, just like all participants at illegal mass gatherings is beyond my comprehension. 

Meanwhile, we saw a mass gathering last week in the epicentre of the latest surge in covid cases. The Police identified considerable concern over public safety and health, and judging by the pictures no thought was given to social distancing. How stupid can people be? You would expect politicians to respond equally to all participants in mass gatherings, but were these protesters condemned by our political leaders? No, because they were protesting against the work of a UK government agency upholding UK law in a matter not devolved to the Scottish Government and a certain politician who doesn't like the UK wanted to be seen to be supporting her constituents who were being arrested for immigration offences.   

Just like the Rangers supporters, this political point scoring is pathetic. How on earth are we ever going to get numbers down so that we can get back inside Tynecastle if those who are in charge of handling the crisis pick and choose who they want to criticise for law breaking?    

part_time_jambo
On 15/05/2021 at 15:19, sassenach said:

To be honest, I don't think the fireworks and flares on the video are all that impressive. I'm sure they all enjoyed themselves though, so I'm not bothered either way.

But why were they all red?

Because Aberdeen didn't need them.

Weakened Offender
15 minutes ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

i worked with an Irish guy and he said that didn’t happen in fact he described a very different less dramatic situation 

presumably a different one to your irish guy

What an odd thing to post. 

Robbo-Jambo
4 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Think I saw it in the middle of one of their flags. 

🤣🤣🤣

Footballfirst
24 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Should the pro Palestine protestors (or Green Brigade as they're also known) be in George Square? 

Today, they have the same rights to protest in George Square, as they would in Princes St or Union Street.

Your GB comment is not worthy of discussion as the Palestinian people have been suppressed for many more years than the GB has had an interest.

If you want to see how little it seems to take to provoke some Rangers fans into anti-social behaviour then read the following account from an ambulance driver.

Edited by Footballfirst

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Today, they have the same rights to protest in George Square, as they would in Princes St or Union Street.

Your GB comment is not worthy of discussion as the Palestinian people have been suppressed for many years than the GB has had an interest.

If you want to see how little it seems to take to provoke some Rangers fans into anti-social behaviour then read the following account from an ambulance driver.

See the post further up regarding level 3 rules.👍

Footballfirst

See the post further up regarding level 3 rules.👍

The point being discussed was the right to travel, not the right to congregate.  

End of discussion for me.  There are threads in the Shed that are more appropriate for debates on Covid regs.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
10 minutes ago, Weakened Offender said:

What an odd thing to post. 

you don’t think it’s relevant? it’s very similar to your post but our friends have obviously had a different experience of the same events so just sharing that with the thread

not seeing why it’s odd in fact your “odd thing to post ..” out of the 2 seems more odd - no?

Weakened Offender
1 minute ago, MoncurMacdonaldMercer said:

you don’t think it’s relevant? it’s very similar to your post but our friends have obviously had a different experience of the same events so just sharing that with the thread

not seeing why it’s odd in fact your “odd thing to post ..” out of the 2 seems more odd - no?

Are you OK? 

A golden opportunity to slag off Rangers and call their fans names ruined by arguments about right and wrong. Dunno what this board has become 😀

12 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Your GB comment is not worthy of discussion as the Palestinian people have been suppressed for many more years than the GB has had an interest.

I know some decent ones who went to Ibrox, stayed their distance and then went home to celebrate. George Sq was always going to be a shitfest.

That account is depressingly familiar.

Shocking.

36 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

How the **** are pro palestine protestors only the GB? Are you seriously wired wrong or something. What is wrong with you. I might have missed it but not once have you condemned the behaviour and violence of yesterday. You only seem to have said oh but Celtic and oh but peaceful protests. There are several stark differences between the scenes yesterday and pics of today. Ill let you work out what they are.... 

Someone called you thick earlier , not sure if its that , you are obtuse or genuinely believe what you say. Its frightening that you can actively push the closed minded whataboutery views you do.

14 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

A golden opportunity to slag off Rangers and call their fans names ruined by arguments about right and wrong. Dunno what this board has become 😀

Lol , its awesome isnt it. Pro Rangers bollox and ahhh but protestors wi masks being peaceful is as bad as smashing the **** out of people , pissing and shitting in the streets and fighting and wilfully vandalising the city whilst there was about 2masks on display anywhere. 

The basic premise of ahh but people gathering is the only recourse of some and its hammered until people say , arsed arguing with morons so stop. Then its ahh but you never replied so inwin. Like its a contest. 

There was no excuse for yesterday , no excuse for the abhorrent behaviour and anyone defending it is aff their nut.

That said Celtic ignored serious wrongdoings at their club so yesterday was fine. 

The political debate shouldn’t come into it other than touching on what can or do they and the police do to force the football bodies to actively deal with this sort of thing.

Forever Hearts
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

How the **** are pro palestine protestors only the GB? Are you seriously wired wrong or something. What is wrong with you. I might have missed it but not once have you condemned the behaviour and violence of yesterday. You only seem to have said oh but Celtic and oh but peaceful protests. There are several stark differences between the scenes yesterday and pics of today. Ill let you work out what they are.... 

Someone called you thick earlier , not sure if its that , you are obtuse or genuinely believe what you say. Its frightening that you can actively push the closed minded whataboutery views you do.

It was tongue in cheek, wind yer neck in.

1 minute ago, sadj said:

Lol , its awesome isnt it. Pro Rangers bollox and ahhh but protestors wi masks being peaceful is as bad as smashing the **** out of people , pissing and shitting in the streets and fighting and wilfully vandalising the city whilst there was about 2masks on display anywhere. 

The basic premise of ahh but people gathering is the only recourse of some and its hammered until people say , arsed arguing with morons so stop. Then its ahh but you never replied so inwin. Like its a contest. 

There was no excuse for yesterday , no excuse for the abhorrent behaviour and anyone defending it is aff their nut.

That said Celtic ignored serious wrongdoings at their club so yesterday was fine. 

The political debate shouldn’t come into it other than touching on what can or do they and the police do to force the football bodies to actively deal with this sort of thing.

Fully agree. Not one person in Scotland should be surprised by yesterday’s antics either. Bunch of absolute mutants and always have been. 

It was tongue in cheek, wind yer neck in.

Hmmm im nae convinced but as i rip ya normally ill apologise if it was. Still doesn’t explain your need to try and excuse the behaviour

Forever Hearts
28 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The point being discussed was the right to travel, not the right to congregate.  

End of discussion for me.  There are threads in the Shed that are more appropriate for debates on Covid regs.

And the right to travel in and out of Glasgow is restricted at the moment. 

• davemclaren locked this topic