Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Pasquale for King

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

May one-six
24 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

But he is spot on here.

Er, no he isn't. In his first line he says that Sturgeon and Yusaf encouraged people to break the law, which they did not.

Nookie Bear
1 minute ago, May one-six said:

Er, no he isn't. In his first line he says that Sturgeon and Yusaf encouraged people to break the law, which they did not.

It means she has given license for people to break the law, not that she is actively advising people to.

Nookie Bear
Just now, TexasAndy said:

BullSh*t.  This is a piece written by a unionist brexiteer.   Think you are looking in the wrong place if you are looking for shambles.

Well let's see how Nicola deals with this latest weekend of Glasgow-based violence and mob rule.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Well let's see how Nicola deals with this latest weekend of Glasgow-based violence and mob rule.

The Scottish Government have attempted to outlaw sectarianism but were overruled by rest of parliament.  

jock _turd
2 hours ago, Independence said:

Rangers say "a small minority of people" have "besmirched the good name" of the club following disorder in Glasgow city centre.

What a disgraceful statement. Small minority...aye right!!!!! They remain Scotland's embarrassment....all the time. Their fans are a disgrace. Thank the heavens my boys decided to follow Heart of Midlothian!

It is difficult to comment on this thread for fear of being labelled a hun, tim, Fascist, racist, mob rule sympathiser, holocaust denier...  you name it and take your pick 🤣 

However what they have said is in fact true. Of the total Rangers support those who were causing disorder is a small minority numbering a few hundreds. While I think what went on was over the top, and it should certainly have been flagged up in the national press, I would definitely agree with the fact that it was a small number of hooligans causing the disorder when you view the Rangers fan base as a whole.

Footballfirst
23 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Here is the Police Scotland statement

kirkierobroy
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Do any of them actually care about the pope, religion, Ireland etc.

Ireland, mebbe, given that many of them are indeed Irish.

Bit if as many as 0.1% of the thousands of Rangers australopithecines who smeared their body fluids around the city on Saturday were in the Kirk (real or Zoom) next morning I'll buy them all a Buckfast and Belair Hair Lacquer cocktail.

3 hours ago, kirkierobroy said:

From today's Herald report on the mayhem;

In other words, the dreaded moustache starts off by praising the Sevco fanship, and finished by layng the shame on all of us and not them.

What a waste of space he is.

He's a two faced Diddy. 

So the FTP player sing song was pure doctored per Sevco. Maybe the MI5 guy that tried to frame Tommy Sheridan has a new brief? 

Pasquale for King

Not a big fan of Humza Yousaf, he’s right where he says that Rangers should ban them if they’re identified. 
Not sure if backing the police and it’s response was great, yes you can’t arrest them all but you can break them up into groups and order them to disperse. 

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

So the FTP player sing song was pure doctored per Sevco. Maybe the MI5 guy that tried to frame Tommy Sheridan has a new brief? 

Police are looking into it, let’s hope it wasn’t. 

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

Ireland, mebbe, given that many of them are indeed Irish.

Bit if as many as 0.1% of the thousands of Rangers australopithecines who smeared their body fluids around the city on Saturday were in the Kirk (real or Zoom) next morning I'll buy them all a Buckfast and Belair Hair Lacquer cocktail.

Ooh I like that, every day is a school day. 

AF760111-0D2E-41FF-9B29-855C9DF9D8AF.jpeg

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Do any of them actually care about the pope, religion, Ireland etc.

If Rangers and/or Celtic didnt exist would they still be full of sectarian bile ?

Exactly, used to shout that at both of them “****off to Ireland” if you’re that bothered about it back in the day.  Probably racist when I think about it 🙈

17 hours ago, Mysterion said:

Just when you thought the fans were absolute scum bags spouting bigotry the players decided to get in on the action too. 

Those two photos are cringe as **** :lol: 

‘you take a photo of me looking down at the ground looking all glum and disappointed , I’ll then sit in the exact same spot and you can get a photo of me as well, should get us plenty of likes and attention on social media.’

10 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Those two photos are cringe as **** :lol: 

‘you take a photo of me looking down at the ground looking all glum and disappointed , I’ll then sit in the exact same spot and you can get a photo of me as well, should get us plenty of likes and attention on social media.’

Aye - i agree - i wasn't really trying to link to that, was linking to the tweet reply which had the Rangers players video with naughty words. 

1 minute ago, Mysterion said:

Aye - i agree - i wasn't really trying to link to that, was linking to the tweet reply which had the Rangers players video with naughty words. 

Of course and I can certainly hear what is said in that video.  Just the tragic photos of the two attention seekers above caught my eye :lol:  

Footballfirst

Another statement from TRFC

https://www.rangers.co.uk/Article/club-statement-170521-2/7eHCUpQg2cNNifjgXyaE71

We are aware of a video circulating on social media. It is evident that this video was shared with an adjoining narrative which attempts to discredit our players and the reputation of Rangers Football Club. This highlights the dangers of ‘trial by social media.’

It is deeply concerning that this video has been taken as genuine and has been shared widely including by some political representatives who should be mindful of their influence and legal processes.

Our squad is richly diverse. Sectarianism is unacceptable and has no place in our club which is underlined by our Everyone Anyone campaign.

We are confident that no criminality took place, we have sought legal advice and look forward to cooperating with Police Scotland.

Edited by Footballfirst

Italian Lambretta
50 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not a big fan of Humza Yousaf, he’s right where he says that Rangers should ban them if they’re identified. 
Not sure if backing the police and it’s response was great, yes you can’t arrest them all but you can break them up into groups and order them to disperse. 

Did he suggest the same when those Covid ridden ****s at Sellick were doing the same outside sellick park?

Did he even condemn those scummy fans that battled with the Polis when they got pumped out the cup by Ross County?

Pasquale for King
3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

187511971_10215163021829247_3513256156044778615_n.jpg

Hahahahaha that’s ****ing brilliant 😂

Pasquale for King
Just now, Italian Lambretta said:

Did he suggest the same when those Covid ridden ****s at Sellick were doing the same outside sellick park?

Did he even condemn those scummy fans that battled with the Polis when they got pumped out the cup by Ross County?

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18907483.humza-yousaf-slams-celtic-fans-disgraceful-violence-towards-police-parkhead/

Cruickie's Moustache

It is not as if they don't have form.

This from a former captain's autobiography.

BUTCHER admits he allowed himself to be drawn in by sectarianism and only strong words from wife Rita forced him to confront his misplaced behaviour.

He added: "It was all very wrong but I, like others, was sucked into it. The problem was you wanted to be part of it, to share everything with the fans. We were drawn headlong into it and ended up being stupid about it.

"I'm not the sort to dip a toe in the water and see how it feels. I am the type who dives in head first with anchors around both ankles.

"It took my wife Rita to see it and she told me to have a good look at myself in the mirror because I would have a few beers and would just start singing the songs.

"She pointed out that I was English and hadn't been born a Rangers fan.

"I had to be shaken to realise I had gone too far. I had to just step back and play for Rangers - play football the way it's meant to be played.' 

Am I right in saying the only non player ever punished by our so called authorities was Vlad.

Rangers, Celtic and Hibs have all caused mayhem in recent times to no consequences.

Spellczech
2 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Here is the Police Scotland statement

Or, "please stop calling us about this!"

Bazzas right boot
5 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

The whataboutery by Celtic fans is staggering re this as well, trying to claim to be the good guys and telling people they would never have done such a thing if they won 10 in a row, away and geez peace ya feckin trampy muppets!!! 

Had this discussion today, he said they'd have broken covid rules and Likley made a mess of the area around parkhead but would have stopped short of trashing Glasgow, fighting each other and blowing off appendages with fire works. 

Tommy Brown

Police Scotland has said it is assessing a video allegedly involving Rangers football players using sectarian language during their league title celebrations.

In a clip circulated on social media, a group of players are seen singing along to the song, ‘Sweet Caroline’, at Ibrox Stadium.

The celebrations came after the club were presented with the Scottish Premiership title on Saturday following a 4-0 victory against Aberdeen.

In a statement, Police Scotland said they are now assessing the content of the video.

Screenshot_20210517-183054_Chrome.jpg

Tommy Brown

Union Bears response.

They're all just a shower of f#$$# b@$###

and **** the pope.

Forever Hearts
18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Had this discussion today, he said they'd have broken covid rules and Likley made a mess of the area around parkhead but would have stopped short of trashing Glasgow, fighting each other and blowing off appendages with fire works. 

Did he aye? 

Malinga the Swinga
37 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Am I right in saying the only non player ever punished by our so called authorities was Vlad.

Rangers, Celtic and Hibs have all caused mayhem in recent times to no consequences.

He wasn't even Chairman of Hearts at the time. They specifically invented a rule, just to punish him.

Think his offence was being Russian. 

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Forever Hearts said:

Did he aye? 

Where's that?

Abother City getting trashed as they celebrated? 

Horrible *******s, dunno why these sorts need to fight, especially when celebrating. 

Strange. 

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Where's that?

Abother City getting trashed as they celebrated? 

Horrible *******s, dunno why these sorts need to fight, especially when celebrating. 

Strange. 

It's Celtic fans wrecking the Gallowgate after winning the 2019 Scottish Cup. 

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Forever Hearts said:

It's Celtic fans wrecking the Gallowgate after winning the 2019 Scottish Cup. 

😂😂

SectionDJambo
25 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

He wasn't even Chairman of Hearts at the time. They specifically invented a rule, just to punish him.

Think his offence was being Russian. 

His offence was getting too close to the truth and telling it as the rest of us saw it.

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, Cruickie's Moustache said:

It is not as if they don't have form.

This from a former captain's autobiography.

BUTCHER admits he allowed himself to be drawn in by sectarianism and only strong words from wife Rita forced him to confront his misplaced behaviour.

He added: "It was all very wrong but I, like others, was sucked into it. The problem was you wanted to be part of it, to share everything with the fans. We were drawn headlong into it and ended up being stupid about it.

"I'm not the sort to dip a toe in the water and see how it feels. I am the type who dives in head first with anchors around both ankles.

"It took my wife Rita to see it and she told me to have a good look at myself in the mirror because I would have a few beers and would just start singing the songs.

"She pointed out that I was English and hadn't been born a Rangers fan.

"I had to be shaken to realise I had gone too far. I had to just step back and play for Rangers - play football the way it's meant to be played.' 

I bet he didn’t mention that when he was interviewed by Petrie and Farmer, thankfully 😆

5 hours ago, Rave MacPherson said:

I did reply but it has been deleted! 

Sounds like i’d have appreciated the response then

2 hours ago, Peakybunnet said:

I cant make out any sectarianism? Apologies for the Ceptic link. 

If thats genuine 36scs in is **** the pope

Do folk really care about this? Honestly what does it matter if Rangers players sing some songs?

Peakybunnet
26 minutes ago, sadj said:

Sounds like i’d have appreciated the response then

If thats genuine 36scs in is **** the pope

The jury is out on this one. Would be surprised as I  suspect 90% of Rangers Players are Roman Catholics. 

1 minute ago, Peakybunnet said:

The jury is out on this one. Would be surprised as I  suspect 90% of Rangers Players are Roman Catholics. 

Cannot see it myself.

How easy would it be to add on different vocals to a video.

Dirty Deeds
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

I bet he didn’t mention that when he was interviewed by Petrie and Farmer, thankfully 😆

Petrie now putting on his SFA blazer to criticise Rangers fans. Surely he of all people could see the antics as nothing more than exuberance.   It's their first ever title FFS.

Fozzyonthefence
24 minutes ago, Homme said:

Do folk really care about this? Honestly what does it matter if Rangers players sing some songs?

I can’t keep up with this - are sectarian songs ok these days but racist ones aren’t?  Or is that just in Scotland?

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Dirty Deeds said:

Petrie now putting on his SFA blazer to criticise Rangers fans. Surely he of all people could see the antics as nothing more than exuberance.   It's their first ever title FFS.

Indeed, I said that earlier on. Add hypocrite onto his other attributes. 

Pasquale for King
32 minutes ago, Homme said:

It’s illegal. 

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

90% might be a bit high but let’s not kid ourselves on that guys like MacGregor or Arfield wouldn’t sing it. 

Fozzyonthefence
27 minutes ago, Peakybunnet said:

Why would you suspect 90% of them would be RC?  Based on what?  

You wouldn’t really expect a former England captain to belt out these anthems either would you but Terry Butcher admitted he did.  It was pretty commonplace for players to get involved in these “traditional” sing songs at player of the year dances, etc and not just players (remember the Donald Finlay one), and another Englishman, Andy Goram, who also got embroiled with it all with his UVF mates.  Just just shows you don’t have to be a bigoted Scottish proddy to get involved in this.

The irony here would be if the video was doctored so the Big Hoose can have another statement o’clock about how victimised they have been and how their players would never stoop so low (despite all the times in the past when they have but it’s just been swept under the carpet). 

38 minutes ago, Homme said:

given the Rangers have some sort of new charter denouncing such songs then it could be very embarrassing for them. 
Id imagine the clips audio is likely  doctored tbh. 

Fozzyonthefence
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

90% might be a bit high but let’s not kid ourselves on that guys like MacGregor or Arfield wouldn’t sing it. 

I’d be amazed if MacGregor didn’t.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

I’d be amazed if MacGregor didn’t.

It only takes a couple of them, I hope they changed the locks after Halliday left 😱😜

• davemclaren locked this topic