The Union Bears Pyro Show

dannymack

Just now, Angel eyes said:

Why can’t Scotland’s finest no identify them through YouTube footage and charge them?

I’d imagine they will a lot of them , 

similar to the Celtic fans at Celtic Park protesting before Christmas.

• Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Forever Hearts

• Pasquale for King

• sadj

• Bazzas right boot

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

You seem awfy keen to defend Rangers supporters. I'm a Weegie and I think they are 99% vermin (and so are their East End business partners). So your sucking up to them seems suspicious.

Good for you. I couldn't give a shit what you think.

PS. No Glaswegian calls themselves a Weegie. But well done on ingratiating yourself on here. 

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

I am assured that there is a thread on Follow, Follow accusing the SNP of leaving the memorial benches in George Square deliberately so that innocent Huns would be blamed if they accidentally damaged them.

These scenes raise all kinds of questions about how these people ended up like this - how many times do you celebrate a single league win by trashing public amenities? Have they ever undergone any kind of education at all, for example? - but from a footballing perspective rather than a sociological one; Aberdeen and Hearts and Hibs etc have to stop aiming to come third, regarding third as an achievement and accepting the continued hegemony of two clubs that are a blight on Scottish society and culture. If the SFA and SPFL are wedged up the Old Squirm fundament and give them every advantage, overlook their outrages (like yesterday's) or just give a token fine, then the bigger clubs have to take it into their own hands. It must be possible to start beating them on the pitch. Don't accept third best. Do a Jim McLean or a Ferguson and start beating them. Change Scottish football in the best place to do it - on the pitch.

Great post. We would need a manager that hates them though not what we have just now. 
The club can do so much more too, if we are rightly not allowed to sing sectarian songs or stand then stop them doing it too. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

I don't know about justifying the actions of some rangers supporters but definitely pointing out that not all Rangers supporters are scum. In much the same way that there are some dregs amongst our own support but don't start calling all Hearts supporters as scum etc.

The majority sing songs from a bygone era, it’s 2021 ffs. The decent ones are definitely in the minority. 

kirkierobroy
2 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

PS. No Glaswegian calls themselves a Weegie. But well done on ingratiating yourself on here. 

That's mince, old chap. Just saying. Maybe your Rangers chums don't, but...

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

Tried Cherry & Banana MD when I was younger. 

I'd sooner go to a water treatment plant; strip down to my bare arse, climb up onto a raw sewage tank and perform a bellyflop into it. Than ever drink that again.

Cherry & Banana? Not surprised with that combo...🤢

Tbf though thats also a standard night out for you so.....

Maroon Sailor
9 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

One thing it is safe to say is that Leicester City just won the FA cup for the first time I can confidently say that they will celebrate but there will be none of that sort of shickt going on!

Newcastle v Rangers 1969

More than 12,000 Geordies were among a 70,000 crowd at Ibrox to see gritty United grind out a 0-0 draw in the away leg.

A week later a near 60,000 all-ticket crowd at St James’ saw United roar to a 2-0 lead.

The second goal in the 77th minute was the cue for hordes of drunken Rangers fans to stream out of the Gallowgate End and on to the pitch.

Bottle and cans flew through the air as supporters battled with police.

It took nearly 20 minutes for police to restore order.

A police spokesman said: “If we’d had enough men, we’d have arrested the 2,000 fans who were on the park.”

In the event 89 people were injured and 30 were arrested.

United’s victory booked them a place in the final, but the following day’s media concentrated on the ‘night of shame’.

The Chronicle reported: “Policemen stood shoulder-to-shoulder behind the goal, defiantly gazing at the hordes of human animals they had just driven off the St James’ Park pitch.

“For 17 minutes, the Battle of Gallowgate raged. This was the night soccer wept for the name of Glasgow Rangers.”

We continued: “Glasgow Rangers directors, shocked, shattered and embarrassed by last night’s riots in Newcastle, labelled the offenders lunatics.”

It was reported that a glass and litter-strewn Newcastle city centre was counting the cost of a massive clean-up as “shops, public houses, and even some private homes took the brunt of the damage after the game”.

Meanwhile, police praised United fans “who refused to be drawn into the fray.”

Looking back, the events of May 21, 1969, could be viewed as the start of a dark age for football, and the game would be plagued throughout the 1970s and 1980s by hooliganism.

Maroon Sailor

List of towns and cities Rangers fans have trashed 

Newcastle

Sunderland

Manchester

Glasgow

Forever Hearts
2 minutes ago, kirkierobroy said:

That's mince, old chap. Just saying. Maybe your Rangers chums don't, but...

I've never heard a Glaswegian refer to themselves as a Weegie in my life. And I've lived there and I married one. I suggest it's you talking crap. 

jambogirlglasgow
27 minutes ago, Angel eyes said:

Why can’t Scotland’s finest no identify them through YouTube footage and charge them?

They 100% will. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Newcastle

Sunderland

Manchester

Glasgow

Horrible *******s and folk on here champion them. 

5 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

I've never heard a Glaswegian refer to themselves as a Weegie in my life. And I've lived there and I married one. I suggest it's you talking crap. 

Is she a Rangers fan by any chance?

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, Barack said:

Tried Cherry & Banana MD when I was younger. 

I'd sooner go to a water treatment plant; strip down to my bare arse, climb up onto a raw sewage tank and perform a bellyflop into it. Than ever drink that again.

How was your swim? 

JudyJudyJudy
33 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

Aye, us winning the Championship is very similar. I'm surprised there wasn't 24 hour parties for that one. 

I made myself a decaf camomile tea and barely cracked a smile as my celebration 🎉 

41 minutes ago, sadj said:

🤣

One of the young team quite often turns up at mine when hes on the sesh on buckfast or md , im sure my neighbours think im an alky as my bottle bin is just peroni/corona , coffee jars , buckfast and md. 
Md had a pineapple limited edition out , possibly trying to hit up that hipster culture. 

Not sure they ever will and indeed they did , still they can FO though 😉

Maybe they’ve photoshopped out the chib for an md bottle. I was more thinking its maybe photoshopped as its not empty...😇

Oh I’ve been in the company of the “ young team “ a few teams , my friend  younger brothers are “ heavily “ involved in that scene . Interesting from a sociological perspective when in their company like visiting a zoo really 😂 the volume , bigotry ( usually concealed before the hard stuff hits them ) and singing usually gets too much for me eventually and make my departure .  It’s just surprising to me that some young people are so intolerant of others ! Those people in George Square were like something from the 1970s . Hard to believe people like them exist . Brilliant videos though ! It made “ train spotting “ seem like” Brideshead revisited “ 

23 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Newcastle v Rangers 1969

More than 12,000 Geordies were among a 70,000 crowd at Ibrox to see gritty United grind out a 0-0 draw in the away leg.

A week later a near 60,000 all-ticket crowd at St James’ saw United roar to a 2-0 lead.

The second goal in the 77th minute was the cue for hordes of drunken Rangers fans to stream out of the Gallowgate End and on to the pitch.

Bottle and cans flew through the air as supporters battled with police.

It took nearly 20 minutes for police to restore order.

A police spokesman said: “If we’d had enough men, we’d have arrested the 2,000 fans who were on the park.”

In the event 89 people were injured and 30 were arrested.

United’s victory booked them a place in the final, but the following day’s media concentrated on the ‘night of shame’.

The Chronicle reported: “Policemen stood shoulder-to-shoulder behind the goal, defiantly gazing at the hordes of human animals they had just driven off the St James’ Park pitch.

“For 17 minutes, the Battle of Gallowgate raged. This was the night soccer wept for the name of Glasgow Rangers.”

We continued: “Glasgow Rangers directors, shocked, shattered and embarrassed by last night’s riots in Newcastle, labelled the offenders lunatics.”

It was reported that a glass and litter-strewn Newcastle city centre was counting the cost of a massive clean-up as “shops, public houses, and even some private homes took the brunt of the damage after the game”.

Meanwhile, police praised United fans “who refused to be drawn into the fray.”

Looking back, the events of May 21, 1969, could be viewed as the start of a dark age for football, and the game would be plagued throughout the 1970s and 1980s by hooliganism.

I remember watching a Motherwell Rangers game on Sportscene in the late 70s when Motherwell also went 2-0 up, the knuckle dragging hordes invaded the pitch, presumably trying to get the game abandoned.

Rangers went on to win when it eventually restarted so all good for Ra People.

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Barack said:

Salty.

🤢😂

They should have sent in the horses, riot police and battered the **** out of the scum. 

Ran right over them, batons, tear gas taken no prisoner, thatcher v miners styleee. 

These horrible *******s deserve it. 

In fact, plastic bullets- are they still used? 

Robbo-Jambo
48 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Too many are scum

I go back to the 76 final - my first Hearts / Rangers match and they were throwing bottles and creating carnage then.

Look at the abandoned match in 15 when they set about the Hearts fans and buses

Speak to some older Newcastle fans about Rangers and they always bring up the trouble in the Fairs Cup semi final in 1969 when the game had to be stopped

Safe to say they are known for it

I was just a young lad at the 76 final and the bottles were flying everywhere in the Celtic end. 

So much blood about with cut heads etc. It was pretty scary stuff and my dad wanted to leave at half time. 

Persuaded him to stay until Shuggie Shaw scored our consolation goal. 

Maroon Sailor
16 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Newcastle

Sunderland

Manchester

Glasgow

Just read about them smashing up Wolverhampton 1961

Forever Hearts
14 minutes ago, kila said:

Is she a Rangers fan by any chance?

Oh aye. Very staunch. 

Footballfirst

I’m understandably inundated with messages about y’day’s disgraceful scenes in Glasgow. Police still have a job to do, which restrains my comments to some extent - but to say I’m utterly disgusted by the Rangers fans who rampaged through the city would be an understatement...
I’m also angry on behalf of every law abiding citizen. In normal times, the violence & vandalism, & the vile anti Catholic prejudice that was on display, would have been utterly unacceptable. But mid-pandemic, in a city with cases on the rise, it was also selfish beyond belief
People across the country still living under the most difficult restrictions - not able to see family or attend weddings and funerals - are rightly furious at the irresponsible actions of a thuggish minority who seem to care little for the risks they pose to other people
Understandably people ask questions about if/how government and police can do more to prevent/tackle scenes like these, and there is a need to reflect. That said, @policescotland officers have my admiration & thanks for the job they did in difficult and dangerous circumstances
I hope @RangersFC will also reflect on what more must be done to tackle this behaviour by fans, albeit a minority. However, ultimate responsibility lies with those who behaved in such a thuggish, sectarian and selfish manner. And that’s why we must let the police do their job.

45 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Again who actually thinks Rangers vote for the SNP. The rest is spot on, but that’s the side of the divide you’re on alongside the tories, OO and these scummy *****. 

Of course they do, enough of them anyway in large swathes west of Harthill. Sturgeon can only state this was a minority as usual for a reason. 

TyphoonJambo
5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

🤢😂

They should have sent in the horses, riot police and battered the **** out of the scum. 

Ran right over them, batons, tear gas taken no prisoner, thatcher v miners styleee. 

These horrible *******s deserve it. 

In fact, plastic bullets- are they still used? 

More PC to call them baton rounds now.  Not sure why, maybe because single use rubber bullets are bad for dolphins.  Though any material bouncing of the skull of one of those filthy  inreeds should be treated as toxic waste. 

Maroon Sailor
3 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

I’m understandably inundated with messages about y’day’s disgraceful scenes in Glasgow. Police still have a job to do, which restrains my comments to some extent - but to say I’m utterly disgusted by the Rangers fans who rampaged through the city would be an understatement...
I’m also angry on behalf of every law abiding citizen. In normal times, the violence & vandalism, & the vile anti Catholic prejudice that was on display, would have been utterly unacceptable. But mid-pandemic, in a city with cases on the rise, it was also selfish beyond belief
People across the country still living under the most difficult restrictions - not able to see family or attend weddings and funerals - are rightly furious at the irresponsible actions of a thuggish minority who seem to care little for the risks they pose to other people
Understandably people ask questions about if/how government and police can do more to prevent/tackle scenes like these, and there is a need to reflect. That said, @policescotland officers have my admiration & thanks for the job they did in difficult and dangerous circumstances
I hope @RangersFC will also reflect on what more must be done to tackle this behaviour by fans, albeit a minority. However, ultimate responsibility lies with those who behaved in such a thuggish, sectarian and selfish manner. And that’s why we must let the police do their job.

Should have left things out like - albeit a minority and need to reflect

indianajones

Also, I ****ing hate Glasgow. 

Its ingrained in them to be total arseholes. They just cant help it.  

Maroon Sailor
1 minute ago, indianajones said:

Also, I ****ing hate Glasgow. 

Its ingrained in them to be total arseholes. They just cant help it.  

Watch oot - They'll set aboot ye

Ainsley Harriott
18 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Didn't see her strong condemnation of the scenes in pollocksheilds 

indianajones
10 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

Watch oot - They'll set aboot ye

**** them. 

Celtic fans using this as evidence to show how bad Hun fans are. They are both cut from the same arsehole weegie cloth. Sick of their 'gallus' nature. 

28 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

I made myself a decaf camomile tea and barely cracked a smile as my celebration 🎉 

Oh I’ve been in the company of the “ young team “ a few teams , my friend  younger brothers are “ heavily “ involved in that scene . Interesting from a sociological perspective when in their company like visiting a zoo really 😂 the volume , bigotry ( usually concealed before the hard stuff hits them ) and singing usually gets too much for me eventually and make my departure .  It’s just surprising to me that some young people are so intolerant of others ! Those people in George Square were like something from the 1970s . Hard to believe people like them exist . Brilliant videos though ! It made “ train spotting “ seem like” Brideshead revisited “ 

🤣🤣

Forever Hearts
1 minute ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Didn't see her strong condemnation of the scenes in pollocksheilds 

When two people in lawful custody got removed from a police van by a mob? Ach that's fine. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Of course they do, enough of them anyway in large swathes west of Harthill. Sturgeon can only state this was a minority as usual for a reason. 

Nonsense. 

6 minutes ago, Forever Hearts said:

When two people in lawful custody got removed from a police van by a mob? Ach that's fine. 

Lies, after 7 hours Police Scotland decided to tell the Home Office officials to release them, they weren’t in lawful custody either as it appears they weren’t here illegally after all.,

HartleyLegend3
14 hours ago, been here before said:

Would sober violence be better then?

Obviously not, probably be worse. 

Hope newco get hammered for this. Their fans continue to act this way. 

Just now, GinRummy said:

Think I saw it in the middle of one of their flags. 

****ing amazing 🤣🤣🤣👌🏻

Just now, Tazio said:

Fulfils his lifetimes ambition of a red hand 

This thread just keeps on giving 🤣

John Findlay
3 hours ago, Forever Hearts said:

Oh shut up you wet wipe. There was thousands of fans behaved impeccably yesterday but the focus will be on the tiny minority who behaved like utter cretins. Don't tar everybody with the same brush. 

Nonsense and you know it.

4 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:
Ouch!

Poor lad never get any variety in his sex life again... 

4 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Nonsense and you know it.

One of the lads and I were yapping about this last night. Are Hearts fans who do all this whataboutery or believe behaviour like this is acceptable fans of Rangers before Hearts , bigots or is there an area in the middle where their thoughts processes are wrong but they arent bigots? 

Edited by sadj

John Findlay
Just now, sadj said:

One of the lads and I were yapping about this last night. Are Hearts fans who do all this whataboutery or believe behaviour like this is acceptable fans of Rangers or bigots or is there an area in the middle where their thoughts processes are wrong but they arent bigots? 

No. He's just thick as shit.

3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Poor lad never get any variety in his sex life again... 

😂

indianajones
8 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Think I saw it in the middle of one of their flags. 

:rofl:

Just now, John Findlay said:

No. He's just thick as shit.

Is that not the same thing as being a Rangers fan? 😇

chubby1973
43 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Doesn't her msp constitutancy include govan?

John Findlay
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Is that not the same thing as being a Rangers fan? 😇

Yes, and Celtic. Cant separate them.

• davemclaren locked this topic