Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Jamiemac said:

https://t.co/iivR14EQ2S
ANN BUDGE INTERVIEW: following the handover of her shares in the club to the FoH. 

Speaks about the Working Together document which means nobody can change   Major things like the colours, the stadium, the name of the club without the members voting on it. The power of the football fan, committing to minimum of two more years and praise for all the staff at the club. 

I’ll hold my hands up and say that when the club went into administration I was too young to appreciate how severe the situation was, but yesterday speaking to guys like Stuart Wallace, it really hit home how differently this could’ve panned out… 

Will have a Stuart Wallace interview up tomorrow, also Joe Savage, Eva Olid, Gary Halliday and Andrew McKinlay to follow later in the week. 

As for deadline day I’d expect just the one new arrival, they seem certain about getting an attacker in the door. 

Backup GK is wanted too, but a bit quieter on that front. Youngsters can still depart on loan after today’s window, that’s the plan for them. 

Reads appreciated 

Looking forward to meeting Eva Jamie :rolleyes:?

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

I see he was dropped by his new Eredivise team at weekend after conceding 3 the previous Saturday.

The fraud has a new team? For goodness sake. He’s absolutely shite. Makes Jack Hamilton look like Buffon! 

AllyjamboDerbyshire
12 minutes ago, Jamiemac said:

https://t.co/iivR14EQ2S
ANN BUDGE INTERVIEW: following the handover of her shares in the club to the FoH. 

Speaks about the Working Together document which means nobody can change   Major things like the colours, the stadium, the name of the club without the members voting on it. The power of the football fan, committing to minimum of two more years and praise for all the staff at the club. 

I’ll hold my hands up and say that when the club went into administration I was too young to appreciate how severe the situation was, but yesterday speaking to guys like Stuart Wallace, it really hit home how differently this could’ve panned out… 

Will have a Stuart Wallace interview up tomorrow, also Joe Savage, Eva Olid, Gary Halliday and Andrew McKinlay to follow later in the week. 

As for deadline day I’d expect just the one new arrival, they seem certain about getting an attacker in the door. 

Backup GK is wanted too, but a bit quieter on that front. Youngsters can still depart on loan after today’s window, that’s the plan for them. 

Reads appreciated 

Thanks for your report, I always enjoy what you write.

5 minutes ago, OTT said:

The fraud has a new team? For goodness sake. He’s absolutely shite. Makes Jack Hamilton look like Buffon! 

Apparently he has. 1 year deal with option for two. Waalwijk fc.

8 minutes ago, OTT said:

His agent must be the best agent in the world. 20k A WEEK he was on at Man Utd. No idea how he's still playing football.

heartsfc_fan
38 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Should never have gave Stewart a contract. He’s no better than Doyle, Pereira or Bobby

He'll be cheap. Zlamal and Doyle were probably on 2 or 3 times what Stewart will be on.

best in the land
1 minute ago, heartsfc_fan said:

He'll be cheap. Zlamal and Doyle were probably on 2 or 3 times what Stewart will be on.

Read Neilson saying we're after a 3rd choice keeper. 

Really hope its a 2nd choice if Gordon gets injured stewart gives me the fear, he's brutal! 

A_A wehatethehibs

Be funny if it turned out Hologram's first couple of first team loan seasons were just a bump in the road, and he developed into a world class keeper 5 or 6 years from now :lol:

Edited by A_A wehatethehibs

It being Hearts I’d expect Devlin and a 3rd keeper

Usual suspects go mental 

Usual suspects are happy with window and the ping pong continues 😀

Id like another striker but if not I’m pretty happy if Devlin/Woodburn are the hoped for midfield improvement.

Allow Boyce to play further forward

Give Gnando ammunition 

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

It being Hearts I’d expect Devlin and a 3rd keeper

Usual suspects go mental 

Usual suspects are happy with window and the ping pong continues 😀

Id like another striker but if not I’m pretty happy if Devlin/Woodburn are the hoped for midfield improvement.

Allow Boyce to play further forward

Give Gnando ammunition 

Your just a nappy to the pant wetters on here! How dare you? :lol:

A_A wehatethehibs
59 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

If anything happened to Gordon I would rather recall and play Harry Stone than put Stewart in goals. He's shite. 

Not sure recalls are a thing you can do these days. Clubs need certainty he's their player. Stone is there for the season.  

We've definitely got all our eggs in 1 basket, No Gordon, No Party that's for sure. 

We might be able to get another keeper on emergency loan tho, a bit like what happened with Zlamal last season......... Macca in from Raith. 

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

I wonder if we're back on the blower to Everton for an attacker. Ellis Simms interests me. Done well at Blackpool before his season was cut short with an injury, and he has previously been banging them in in EPL2 for the U23s. 

I mentioned him just after we signed Beni. 

He’s in a bit of a situation. Last year of contract but not in position to impress new manager as he’s injured and out until September.

Wants first team football but window will be shut before he’s fit.

Blackpool wanted him back but went elsewhere due to injury.

Would depend on whether we could squeeze Everton on his wages until he’s fit

5 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Its maybe worth noting Stone has not been playing regularly for Partick

Supposedly had a howler against arbroath

13 minutes ago, JackLadd said:

Apparently he has. 1 year deal with option for two. Waalwijk fc.

To give it its full name Roman Catholic Combination Waalwijk.

Looks like he'll be 1st choice as last season's Greek keeper has moved on after one season.  If there are odds for relegation then RKC Waalwijk are a decent bet.  Just missed relegation last season.

David McCaig
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Would be happy with him.

Too good a keeper to effectively retire for the next couple of years!!

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, chrisg8 said:

Supposedly had a howler against arbroath

Big test of character in terms of how bounces back. 

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Eh? He's played 4 games for them. Only dropped the last game. He will be in and out I would expect. 

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

All young keepers have their moments - it’s a learning game for Harry Stone. That’s why he’s out on loan. It gives him game time and the opportunity to learn under far better conditions than just turning out for 21s games. I’m sure he’s going to be a good one.

11 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

I mentioned him just after we signed Beni. 

He’s in a bit of a situation. Last year of contract but not in position to impress new manager as he’s injured and out until September.

Wants first team football but window will be shut before he’s fit.

Blackpool wanted him back but went elsewhere due to injury.

Would depend on whether we could squeeze Everton on his wages until he’s fit

Sounds like a good shout, a good relationship with Everton can only be a positive thing

AllyjamboDerbyshire
16 minutes ago, best in the land said:

Read Neilson saying we're after a 3rd choice keeper. 

Really hope its a 2nd choice if Gordon gets injured stewart gives me the fear, he's brutal! 

I doubt Neilson could say, until he signs someone, that it would be a 2nd choice keeper. The last thing we need is for Stewart to lose confidence (if actually has any) in the event we don't manage to sign anyone better. I'm sure Stewart is aware that it'll be someone ahead of him in the pecking order, but publicising the fact wouldn't help him one little bit. 

6 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

That's it mate young boy going to make mistakes

David McCaig
1 minute ago, chrisg8 said:

That's it mate young boy going to make mistakes

I think he's going to be a star, but especially as a Keeper you're going to have howlers, its how you handle them and how you learn that counts... even the goalkeeping god that is Craig Gordon has had his moments.

KyleLafferty
3 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I doubt Neilson could say, until he signs someone, that it would be a 2nd choice keeper. The last thing we need is for Stewart to lose confidence (if actually has any) in the event we don't manage to sign anyone better. I'm sure Stewart is aware that it'll be someone ahead of him in the pecking order, but publicising the fact wouldn't help him one little bit. 

Stewart will be well aware that soon as stone comes back he’s Third choice. And he’s just temporary second choice.

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Maybe go for the Partick keeper then.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, KyleLafferty said:

Stewart will be well aware that soon as stone comes back he’s Third choice. And he’s just temporary second choice.

As I said, I am sure Stewart is aware of that, just that it won't help him confidence wise to hear his manager announcing it publicly, which is why, in my opinion, Neilson is saying we are looking for a 3rd choice keeper. If I'm wrong, then we probably are looking for a 3rd choice keeper, someone that Stewart is better than!

18 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Eh? He's played 4 games for them. Only dropped the last game. He will be in and out I would expect. 

i think someone said previously both stone and sneddon (other thistle keeper) will be rotated playing something like 4-5 games in a row then the other gets a chance

9 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

I think he's going to be a star, but especially as a Keeper you're going to have howlers, its how you handle them and how you learn that counts... even the goalkeeping god that is Craig Gordon has had his moments.

The Falkirk game, one of Craigs first game for us, comes to mind. Made about 3-4 howlers 

Jack Torrance
2 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

As I said, I am sure Stewart is aware of that, just that it won't help him confidence wise to hear his manager announcing it publicly, which is why, in my opinion, Neilson is saying we are looking for a 3rd choice keeper. If I'm wrong, then we probably are looking for a 3rd choice keeper, someone that Stewart is better than!

I only saw mention of a "back up" keeper which is exactly the line that should be taken for the reasons just mentioned about Stewart. If Robbie specifically said 3rd choice, I think he's slipped up.

1 minute ago, AlimOzturk said:

The Falkirk game, one of Craigs first game for us, comes to mind. Made about 3-4 howlers 

No he didn't. He was utterly exposed by a poor game plan that let Samuel (?) run through on goal time and time again.

There was nothing resembling a "howler" that day.

Edited by Nookie Bear

Lord Beni of Gorgie
21 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

He didnt play all of the League Cup games, maybe just my bad luck, but any time I seem to look its Sneddon playing

Fxxx the SPFL

Are Hearts keeping us waiting until nearer midnight before they announce signings. No Jim White wetting his pants on sky sports transfer deadline show tonight thanks feck.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Barack said:

They keep "Cheesy" about for the banter. He's daft. But not daft enough to not realise that Hearts will be the pinnacle of where he plays/trains. And more importantly...earns, in his career.

He'll stay on for as long as wanted. Like Harper did at Newcastle.

Yup, its often underestimated having a player who can keep morale in the squad up even if that player rarely plays. Pepe Reina was that for the Spanish team that did so well, he was the team cheerleader though he was 3rd choice.

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

Are Hearts keeping us waiting until nearer midnight before they announce signings. No Jim White wetting his pants on sky sports transfer deadline show tonight thanks feck.

we dont want to overshadow the news that ronaldo has returned to man u, thus will announce it later

Hungry hippo
4 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

He wasn't at fault for any of the goals in that humping.

AllyjamboDerbyshire
Just now, Barack said:

They keep "Cheesy" about for the banter. He's daft. But not daft enough to not realise that Hearts will be the pinnacle of where he plays/trains. And more importantly...earns, in his career.

He'll stay on for as long as wanted. Like Harper did at Newcastle.

Whether or not he 'knows' his position will always be third choice, it's never good for a manager to make it clear publicly that a player, or employee in any other job, is not good enough (is sh*te actually), and I was only trying to rationalise Neilson's announcement that we are looking for a 3rd choice keeper when we all know it's a 2nd choice one we need.

1 minute ago, **** the SPFL said:

Remember the documentary from around this time last year, takes longer for media team to come up with their signing graphic/gimics than it does to get player signed.

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

He didnt play all of the League Cup games, maybe just my bad luck, but any time I seem to look its Sneddon playing

From what I've seen, Stone and Sneddon both got 2 League Cup games each, as was planned from the start. Sneddon started the first league game but was unconvincing, so Stone came in as first choice until having a poor game at Arbroath, after which he was dropped for this weekend.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

They seem to have played half each. From Particks view, the Stone loan is presumably about developing Sneddon as well, he's only 23.

1 has a bad game, the other comes in. Inevitably will happen with young keepers so I think Harry is at the right club for the season. 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-deadline-day-live-hearts-21433197

Edinburgh Live saying Devlin will sign today but announcement not expected till the afternoon or evening. Really surprised that its taking so long to announce.

Why ?

He trains with the side/squad  this morning, the press etc completes this afternoon and given medical etc has already been completed what is the issue for you ?

All clubs look to spin and we are no different.  We had the handover yesterday and wanted the news to be all about that and now we can announce the first signing under the new regime on it's first full day in charge

The news gets announced on a certain day but the deal was already completed.

Oh and announcement might be later in day as we have another to complete but in any case we have this deal to announce either on it's own or as two players perhaps being presented to the press or any other signing being announced at the same time more or less.

Edited by CJGJ

David McCaig
5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, its often underestimated having a player who can keep morale in the squad up even if that player rarely plays. Pepe Reina was that for the Spanish team that did so well, he was the team cheerleader though he was 3rd choice.

As I've said before Stewart's role is simply to sit on the bench in case Craig gets sent off or picks up an in-game injury, not a chance that he would ever be trusted with a run of Premier League games.

Goalkeeper is probably the one position where you can sign a free agent and get them up to speed in a couple of days.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

They seem to have played half each. From Particks view, the Stone loan is presumably about developing Sneddon as well, he's only 23.

1 has a bad game, the other comes in. Inevitably will happen with young keepers so I think Harry is at the right club for the season. 

Surprised at Partick doing this, rotating keepers is not good for defences I ever feel. But for us, it gives Harry plenty of game time without too much. 

Nevertheless probably not ready just quite yet to cover Craig, hope this year brings him on, physically and mentally

JamboCampbell
On 27/08/2021 at 16:45, Ari Gold said:

League winners go straight into CL groups next season. Maybe the coefficient has got us a EL group stage place too. 

Wow that is an absolute game changer then. I always said the first team outside the Old Firm to get into Europa League groups 'should' start to financially pull away from the other teams. 

Massive season if this is correct. 

Massive!

AllyjamboDerbyshire
5 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

I only saw mention of a "back up" keeper which is exactly the line that should be taken for the reasons just mentioned about Stewart. If Robbie specifically said 3rd choice, I think he's slipped up.

As I said, regardless of whether or not it's a 2nd or 3rd choice keeper we are looking for, what Neilson said could well be him not wanting to publicly say Stewart is not good enough. That's all. If I'm wrong (I only read on here that Neilson had said 3rd choice keeper) and Neilson's not merely showing respect to his current 2nd choice, then we are looking for a benchwarmer's benchwarmer. I hope I'm right.

best in the land
28 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Could also have just said another keeper, rather than quoting the pecking order. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***