• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Clark Griswold
1 minute ago, MattyK82 said:

Window up here is midnight. 

The extra hour is to ensure the SFA/SPFL emails are received in time 

"Cheesy" (😬) has been pitiful in a Hearts top, was peeved big time we rewarded his failure with a 2 year deal...hopefully any addition will compete fairly with him for right to be 2nd choice, however I don't think that is the case as RN clearly has faith in him, as above, and the fear, proper fear for all of us, is what happens if CG is floored through illness or injury...to go from that position being your strongest to your weakest in the skip of a heartbeat, would be traumatic for us ☹😕

John Findlay

For the avoidance of doubt.

Scotland. Transfer window closes at MIDINIGHT TONIGHT.

England. Transfer window closes at ELEVEN PM TONIGHT.

That means we have until midnight tonight to sign anyone from ANYWHERE.

2 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

"Cheesy" (😬) has been pitiful in a Hearts top, was peeved big time we rewarded his failure with a 2 year deal...hopefully any addition will compete fairly with him for right to be 2nd choice, however I don't think that is the case as RN clearly has faith in him, as above, and the fear, proper fear for all of us, is what happens if CG is floored through illness or injury...to go from that position being your strongest to your weakest in the skip of a heartbeat, would be traumatic for us ☹😕

agree... especially with covid kicking about. Good chance he'll have to isolate at some point.

4 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Special D Signs 🤣🤣🤣 trying to tell him something there???

Edited by sadj

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Jamiemac said:

Don’t know what you’re talking about… 😂😂

Pass on my regards! :)

AlphonseCapone
25 minutes ago, gov said:

No that it really matters but bbc say window closes at 11pm for England & Scotland for those debating 

So midnight then. BBC don't know their arse from their elbow. 

AlphonseCapone

Ooffttt very whelmed right now. 

Left over cottage pie for lunch was the business. 

Just now, AlphonseCapone said:

So midnight then. BBC don't know their arse from their elbow. 

This is factual.

BackOfTheNet

If the window shut now I’d be happy with the business conducted. Saying that, I’m still wanting announcements, particularly Devlin as if his Hong Kong hello was the announcement we’ve short changed the guy.

I’m here to not be surprised unless a genuine surprise comes. I’m also here to see who has been talking nonsense or not. :drummer:

1 hour ago, Hungry hippo said:

He wasn't at fault for any of the goals in that humping.

Must not have been that game I am thinking of. There was a game at the beginning of his career career which he had a howler. Anyways not that it matters really 😂

12 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

I think that is why we are signing another keeper.

Stewart seems to train hard and he clearly has a great rapport with the squad and is really well liked. The kind of comic relief in the dressing room it seems, and that is always needed.

But equally he isn't good enough for 2nd choice at a club like ours.

Sure he will be kept around for a while for what he brings to the squad, and only called upon in dire straights to play. But we need 3 keepers anyway so one with his attitude is a no brainer

48 minutes ago, The Treasurer said:

Slams shut at midnight in Scotland 

quite right. it doesn't quietly close shut - it's slams!*

*but may peek open on request from celtic.

jamboinglasgow
18 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Good luck to him, didn't work out for him with us but will be a good signing for Hamilton. Plus he gets to stay in Scotland, which judging from his instagram, his wife will be delighted.

Just now, J80MBO said:

Sorry if already stated but does anyone know latest on cameron devlin?

He signed and took the scarf above the head photo 3 days ago.

They're just holding on for the official release until 23.45 tonight to keep the suspense up and give us something to celebrate when the window slams shut.

1 minute ago, J80MBO said:

He's signed, not announced offically yet though.

Imagine the deal falls through after travelling from the other side of the world or failing a fitness test 😂

It will be announced in the next couple hours I imagine. 

3 hours ago, Ford Prentice said:

That's about loans between SPFL clubs though. Doesn't restrict loans from outside Scotland.

For sure, it was more to say that that was where the original '6' response came from.

Hopefully we don't end up with 17 loans though!

Howdy Doody Jambo

I'm going for a scarf above the head under the floodlights tonight along with another 2 signings 

19 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Out of contract at the end of the season I believe, so last we've seen of him in a Hearts shirt. Not sure many of us will have great memories or possibly any memories. St Mirren fans really seemed to rate him so I could understand the signing at the time, but just not good enough. In the end played 24 games and won a (minor) trophy. There have been worse Hearts careers.

So long, good luck, and all that.

Vlad the impaler

Rumours going about Popescu is a replacement for Jamie Hamilton joining Aberdeen🙄. Would have liked us to roll The dice for him,got potential

22 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

I think that is why we are signing another keeper.

Stewart seems to train hard and he clearly has a great rapport with the squad and is really well liked. The kind of comic relief in the dressing room it seems, and that is always needed.

But equally he isn't good enough for 2nd choice at a club like ours.

Sure he will be kept around for a while for what he brings to the squad, and only called upon in dire straights to play. But we need 3 keepers anyway so one with his attitude is a no brainer

We only signed him in the summer, RN doesn't know any more about now than he did a number of weeks ago, if what you say is anywhere near the reality, we signed him as a 3rd choice GK and the bonus being he is good for shittttts & giggles to boot....seems a bit far fetched for me...

If we do bring someone in, the experience/background/quality alone will be a nod either way re this chancer Cheesy and where he sits in the pecking order....

13 minutes ago, Saint Jambo said:

Out of contract at the end of the season I believe, so last we've seen of him in a Hearts shirt. Not sure many of us will have great memories or possibly any memories. St Mirren fans really seemed to rate him so I could understand the signing at the time, but just not good enough. In the end played 24 games and won a (minor) trophy. There have been worse Hearts careers.

So long, good luck, and all that.

He actually wasn't a bad football player but he had a car crash moment in him every game, sometimes twice a game.  

27 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If the window shut now I’d be happy with the business conducted. Saying that, I’m still wanting announcements, particularly Devlin as if his Hong Kong hello was the announcement we’ve short changed the guy.

I’m here to not be surprised unless a genuine surprise comes. I’m also here to see who has been talking nonsense or not. :drummer:

devlins real announcement will be when he pings in one on his debut v the wee team

upgotheheads
4 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

He actually wasn't a bad football player but he had a car crash moment in him every game, sometimes twice a game.  

This. 

Bazzas right boot
4 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

Yip. 

Shame, if he could cut out the brain farts he'd be decent, but he hasn't, so he's not. 

grumpyespana
2 hours ago, AlimOzturk said:

The Falkirk game, one of Craigs first game for us, comes to mind. Made about 3-4 howlers 

Was that the 6 nil game guys I remember being there .

Lord Beni of Gorgie
13 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Rumours going about Popescu is a replacement for Jamie Hamilton joining Aberdeen🙄. Would have liked us to roll The dice for him,got potential

I hope so, opposite opinion, too many mistakes, critical ones. And Aberdeen have a stack of these already, burning more money

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I hope so, opposite opinion, too many mistakes, critical ones. And Aberdeen have a stack of these already, burning more money

They do seem to have a bulky squad, not sure why given their predictable early euro exit. Pittodrie upkeep must cost a fair bit every year as well I'd imagine. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Tennant's 6's said:

They do seem to have a bulky squad, not sure why given their predictable early euro exit. Pittodrie upkeep must cost a fair bit every year as well I'd imagine. 

I'm sure the maintenance of the Main Stand was 600k a year or something to that tune. Got a feeling they will get shot of it next 5 years, Aberdeen needs a major overhaul, council know it and will be proactive through this decade I'm sure (first for everything). Road infrastructure has taken priority once that has passed it will be city centre regeneration which will take in seafront too.

However not going to be the dream they were chasing a few years ago

12 minutes ago, TexasAndy said:

St Mirren loved him. Thought he was a good signing for the championship. Did have bombscare moments and seemed to have a knack of getting into scoring position then missing but looked easier to score. He was a safer bet than Berra last year

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Was that the 6 nil game guys I remember being there .

The six nil game was early/ mid nineties, Craig couldn't have been in goal then... 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***