• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Mate from down south just messaged me about Andy Carroll. Asking if I’d heard any rumours about him coming here.

I’m calling wind up as hell knows how annoying/frustrating I found him at West Ham plus his wages must be huge

He's a free agent, doesnt have a contract so his wages currently are £0. 

That being said, no chance. Some daft championship club down south will take him 

The Old Tolbooth
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Not Hearts, but Thumb does indeed join Dundee. Check em two eh :)

I was convinced he'd go back to the vermin, I guess he's joined the mini vermin seeing as Hibs and Dundee have a love in. 

Phil D. Corners
7 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Is it Devlin only and they are delaying the announcement?

Because the photographer is only doing an 8 hour day so won’t start till 4pm in order to be there as the window slams shut. 

You know I made this up! 

Jack Torrance
50 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm sure the maintenance of the Main Stand was 600k a year or something to that tune. Got a feeling they will get shot of it next 5 years, Aberdeen needs a major overhaul, council know it and will be proactive through this decade I'm sure (first for everything). Road infrastructure has taken priority once that has passed it will be city centre regeneration which will take in seafront too.

However not going to be the dream they were chasing a few years ago

Off topic I know, sorry in advance...

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/2956372/council-to-borrow-to-fund-150m-city-centre-and-beach-revamp-including-planned-new-football-stadium/

Edited by Jack Torrance

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

He's on the wind up mate. No way we could afford him.

My thoughts exactly. Scousers though. Such funny blokes. 
Just thought I’d post to liven up the wait

2 minutes ago, jamboj said:

That being said, no chance. Some daft championship club down south will take him 

Or Arsenal 😀😀😀

If we are indeed signing a striker it is pretty impressive that nobody has a scooby who it is.

On the other hand we could be on the way to a melt down when nobody arrives 🤣

1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

Or Arsenal 😀😀😀

Would love to see that! 

Would fit in at Burnley, team of giants with a penchant for elbows in the face 

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hard decision for Gordon Strachan.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, Costanza said:

I thought he was dropped for Gordon for this game but not 100%.

All I can remember of Moilanen was when the crowd asked him to give us a wave, he just did an annoying pat at the side of his waist. I'm sure there is more to his Hearts career than that.

Lost an awful goal to Hibs at ER to O’Connor when they were down to ten men, they hadn’t beaten us for a good few years and hundreds of them invaded the pitch at the end and the police formed a cordon along the bottom of our end to stop us from getting on the pitch too. 
My abiding memory of him. 

5 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Meant to be signing for Reading

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

They have 6 strikers in their first team and Griffiths is the third they have signed this season. They have a weird recruitment plan.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

That’s an absolute joke, taxpayer funded stadium whilst they spunk millions on wages. 

4 minutes ago, EIEIO said:

Hard decision for Gordon Strachan.

Was there not on old rumour going about that Thumb had pumped Strachan's daughter and that's why he didn't like him?

Edit:  Or was that Riordan?

Edited by Le Chat
Afterthought

1 minute ago, Barack said:

He's at Reading getting a medical apparently. 

That should take a few months.

If he's getting a medical he's not signing :)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

150 mill seems quite a low number, will need more than that I think. Gone very stale bar the Union Square complex which is too small for everyone that wants to go there

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Would love to see that! 

Would fit in at Burnley, team of giants with a penchant for elbows in the face 

West Ham aren’t exactly a team of midgets either 😜

3 minutes ago, Barack said:

He's at Reading getting a medical apparently. 

That should take a few months.

😀😀😀😀😀

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

They have 6 strikers in their first team and Griffiths is the third they have signed this season. They have a weird recruitment plan.

Their defence is honking but everyone loves signing a striker. If we were looking at a project I would take Max Anderson off them though.

Just now, Sir Gio said:

150 mill seems quite a low number, will need more than that I think. Gone very stale bar the Union Square complex which is too small for everyone that wants to go there

Aye but the infrastructure for Onion Square is amazing…Dont queue past this point on Market Street. Here please don’t queue past this point on Market Street. Well at least don’t queue past that point on Market Street. Ach do what ya want then its cool. 

The Apprentice
11 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Fans of Dinamo Bucaresti claimed he was the worst player they’d ever seen, I know who’s opinion I would be more interested in to be honest. 
He and Berra should never have been anywhere near out team last year, both now playing for teams more suited to their abilities. 
Just need Roberts out the door now and last years mistakes have just about been rectified. 

For a minute there I thought I was the only one with the opinion Popescu was guff!  Maybe folk have just forgotten how much of a bombscare he was because he's not been seen in so long. In fairness to the guy, I was in hospitality for the Aberdeen game and Gary Naysmith was very complimentary about him after he played against Edinburgh City in the cup the other week. Said for a senior player he put himself about and talked the young lads through the game when a lot of players could have downed tools and went through the motions.  Maybe he's found his level.

47 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I had this confirmed by a player who admitted it, ITK on this one for once! Wasn't proud of it, necessary evil apparently :lol:

I bumped into the late Pilmar Smith after that game & he said about Jordan "don't worry lads, he'll be gone in the morning" - and he was.

Just now, Pans Jambo said:

2pm presser?

3pm presser?

4pm presser?

5Pm Pre....oh forget it right!

Ann will be in her bed around 6pm and Robbie will leave HW around 3.30 to miss the traffic back to Glasgow 😂

4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s an absolute joke, taxpayer funded stadium whilst they spunk millions on wages. 

It won't be tax-payer funded but there is the possibility of a joint-facility that allows both the club and council to save on costs.

Given State Aid rules and the local politics at play, there's a almost no chance that the stadium will be subsidised by the council.

18 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Mate from down south just messaged me about Andy Carroll. Asking if I’d heard any rumours about him coming here.

I’m calling wind up as he knows how annoying/frustrating I found him at West Ham plus his wages must be huge

"Striker with pace" - AC has many attributes but pace isn't one of them.

AlphonseCapone
19 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I’m calling wind up as he knows how annoying/frustrating I found him at West Ham plus his wages must be huge

For some reason Andy Carroll made me think of that neddy Rangers fan that won the lottery but remembered he was Michael. Wonder if he actually has any of that money left 🤔 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

For a minute there I thought I was the only one with the opinion Popescu was guff!  Maybe folk have just forgotten how much of a bombscare he was because he's not been seen in so long. In fairness to the guy, I was in hospitality for the Aberdeen game and Gary Naysmith was very complimentary about him after he played against Edinburgh City in the cup the other week. Said for a senior player he put himself about and talked the young lads through the game when a lot of players could have downed tools and went through the motions.  Maybe he's found his level.

Yeah I heard that too about the Edinburgh City game. 
Prone to a brain fart, glad to get him out the door. 

I know the hand over of shares was done yesterday but maybe Budge is doing a Romanov type unveiling of 3 or 4 players together as her final gift. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, number-16 said:

It won't be tax-payer funded but there is the possibility of a joint-facility that allows both the club and council to save on costs.

Given State Aid rules and the local politics at play, there's a almost no chance that the stadium will be subsidised by the council.

I’m only going with what a tv says in the article, no council has the money to be helping find any private business at this time. 
Not seen much on this page recently, maybe they’ve won that battle. 

5F873714-8801-48B3-90CD-F9E8360F35CC.jpeg

Just now, Jambo92 said:

Obafemi isn't going to Blackburn or Bournemouth it seems. Staying at Southampton?

Cue the Gorgie Road Greggs jokes....

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, millano77 said:

I know the hand over of shares was done yesterday but maybe Budge is doing a Romanov type unveiling of 3 or 4 players together as her final gift. 

She’s not going anywhere and hasn’t ever given us a gift I’m aware of?

Not sure if her or the lesser seen CEO McKinley talking about the transfers yesterday helped the situation much, let’s hope there’s no complaints if we don’t get some more in. 

6 minutes ago, millano77 said:

Obafemi signed…

B4E8BD11-C295-47D6-AB37-E88D20F24C90.jpeg

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, iainmac said:

I bumped into the late Pilmar Smith after that game & he said about Jordan "don't worry lads, he'll be gone in the morning" - and he was.

I got the impression from the conversation, though not really a good thing to do, it was the right thing to do

Lord Beni of Gorgie
24 minutes ago, sadj said:

Aye but the infrastructure for Onion Square is amazing…Dont queue past this point on Market Street. Here please don’t queue past this point on Market Street. Well at least don’t queue past that point on Market Street. Ach do what ya want then its cool. 

We are all meant to take the bus :lol:

BackOfTheNet

Imagine if the only signing we announce today is towards the end of the window, and it’s Devlin, who we’ve known about for a month. IMAGINE.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Imagine if the only signing we announce today is towards the end of the window, and it’s Devlin, who we’ve known about for a month. IMAGINE.

I'm not imagining that, I am expecting that

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I got the impression from the conversation, though not really a good thing to do, it was the right thing to do

If you ever speak to players from that time, they are regretful at the way they treated Jordan

A large bowl of cheese puffs and a pint of chilled diet coke later...   Still no announcements or whispers/hearsay. 

I've got my eye on a greggs sausage roll 😋  that won't last long though.    

Will be hopefully downing a beer later in celebration of a hot signing! 

Edited by HMFC01

28 minutes ago, The Apprentice said:

I liked his devil may care attitude. Bit like Dave Mcpherson when he got towards the half way line  - solid centre backs are so BORING

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***