• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

BackOfTheNet
18 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

tomorrows going to be anti-climatic after the excitement of last few days isn't it. I expect we will end up seeing early the dreaded words from a journalist "Hearts say that they have concluded their business for the day."

It’s when they announce it around 6pm, that’s very anti-climatic!

18 minutes ago, Clerry Jambo said:

If we got the wee Scouse lad that would be a coup albeit on loan. Can’t see it personally. Hopefully an attacker and a good one please

The attacker is what they’ve repeatedly said we’re looking for. But given the trait this window has been media reporting then signing 24-48 hours later, looks like Branthwaite more likely. If we see Henderson go out on loan then I can see an attacker come in, if we don’t then no attacker. Unless out of contract, like a Greg Stewart or something.

23 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

tomorrows going to be anti-climatic after the excitement of last few days isn't it. I expect we will end up seeing early the dreaded words from a journalist "Hearts say that they have concluded their business for the day."

As long as we get a striker in then I’m more than happy with the window 

jamboinglasgow
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

It’s when they announce it around 6pm, that’s very anti-climatic!

The attacker is what they’ve repeatedly said we’re looking for. But given the trait this window has been media reporting then signing 24-48 hours later, looks like Branthwaite more likely. If we see Henderson go out on loan then I can see an attacker come in, if we don’t then no attacker. Unless out of contract, like a Greg Stewart or something.

It always feels gutting when that is announced. 

If tomorrow we have Devlin announced, and sign defender (amazing if Branthwaite) and a decent attacker (no longer hoping for Obafemi as it looks like he is off to Blackburn on loan) then will be delighted. 

Rocky jamboa

Was looking at clips of Obafemi and would be surprised but delighted if we got him. Looks great. Surprised he doesn't get more games at Southampton. 

31 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I'm sure the club are aware of it, and maybe just trying to keep everything under the radar. For me it's a must we get another striker, otherwise very very light up front.

There are 3 forwards mentioned on the club website as in the reserves. I don't suppose any of them could be utilised? Don't think any of them have been near the 1st team though

BackOfTheNet
19 minutes ago, Swanyl said:

Greg Stewart is playing in India now.

Ah. Just said him as his name comes up all the time when he leaves a club.

19 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

It always feels gutting when that is announced. 

If tomorrow we have Devlin announced, and sign defender (amazing if Branthwaite) and a decent attacker (no longer hoping for Obafemi as it looks like he is off to Blackburn on loan) then will be delighted. 

As would I. I suspect if expecting that will be disappointed though. Think it will be 1:2 ratio in/out.

8 minutes ago, Jonkel Hoon said:

There are 3 forwards mentioned on the club website as in the reserves. I don't suppose any of them could be utilised? Don't think any of them have been near the 1st team though

No chance any of them are ready to make the step up to the first team squad. Especially not in this league I'm afraid. They would be completely out of their depth. 

4 minutes ago, poultry said:

Have we got any chance of signing Obafemi from Southampton ?  Or was this all just rumour. Genuine question. 

Just rumours. 

From the liverpool echo

Niels Nkounkou is closing in on a season-long loan move to Standard Liege but Jarrad Branthwaite , despite interest from a number of clubs, is set to remain with Everton until at least January.

I would love it if we signed Obafemi simply because he's in my fantasy football team. Cheapest striker available to help finance Salah, Lukaku et al.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
37 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

As long as we get a striker in then I’m more than happy with the window 

Where I am at and interested tomorrow 

3 minutes ago, gnasher75 said:

I would love it if we signed Obafemi simply because he's in my fantasy football team. Cheapest striker available to help finance Salah, Lukaku et al.

But then he won’t be in your fantasy football team anymore.

Guest ToqueJambo
13 hours ago, BelgeJambo said:

I like Mcaneff.  Shown in a short time he can get into the box and get on the end of things.  More patience with the lad and he might come good.  If we paid 175k you have to question the recruitment cos we are not a club that can spunk that sort of money on duds. Offers more than Walker IMO

Good to have both. Our bench is looking much stronger these days. Love when you look at the bench and kind of want all of them to get a run out as a first choice to see what they can do, rather than some of the bench warmers we've seen in recent years that you want nowhere near the team.

Always remember in the days of 2 subs that we had players like Cowie, Sandison and Jardine that you knew would do a great job when called on and could be considered unlucky not to be starters when they were on the bench. Later on we had Jamie MacDonald who was in tat category. Sandison and Cowie in particular were brilliant but were always back-up players because the players starting in their positions were so consistent.

Edited by ToqueJambo

1 minute ago, johnking123 said:

We need another striker.  Or we are going to very light up front.

Henderson mentioned about going on loan so would only have 2 left

Just now, GinRummy said:

But then he won’t be in your fantasy football team anymore.

To be fair he was never going to make it off the bench anyway. Think he stays in my squad unless I transfer him out. 

In the real world I would prefer we signed a proven goalscorer from a lower level than a young player from a Premiership club but you never know he might come and be prolific.

5 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Henderson mentioned about going on loan so would only have 2 left

The fact he is one of only 3 strikers makes me think we are confident of landing another one. 

Greedy Jambo

In the position we're in just now, it would be foolish not to go the extra mile to bring in more quality. 

I hope we don't miss out on anyone by a couple of a grand. 

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yes, that is always disappointing. Desks are hard to make in the last day though. Quite a few fall through it would seem. 

3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

In the position we're in just now, it would be foolish not to go the extra mile to bring in more quality. 

I hope we don't miss out on anyone by a couple of a grand. 

This is where I'm at, a couple more in, including a decent striker, and we will be in good shape going forward. 

26 minutes ago, CAR said:

From the liverpool echo

Niels Nkounkou is closing in on a season-long loan move to Standard Liege but Jarrad Branthwaite , despite interest from a number of clubs, is set to remain with Everton until at least January.

Ah sounds like the defender is off then, Shame 

1 minute ago, innerjambo said:

This is where I'm at, a couple more in, including a decent striker, and we will be in good shape going forward. 

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if we are involved in a deal late tomorrow 

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

The fact he is one of only 3 strikers makes me think we are confident of landing another one. 

Correct. Can’t think he will go on loan and leave only two strikers. 

7 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if we are involved in a deal late tomorrow 

Thinking the same. We will be ready to move if anything happens, and someone becomes available. That's assuming the ones we're after don't materialise.

Edited by innerjambo
Spelling

Greedy Jambo
12 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Ya, A central midfield playmaker that wants the ball is a must, we've been needing that for years. 

6 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

Thinking the same. We will be ready to move if anything happens, and someone becomes available. That's assuming the ones we're after don't materialise.

The market we are in probably will be quite busy tomorrow with clubs and players looking to go out for first team football for the season. Could be something we use to our advantage hopefully 

3 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Ya, A central midfield playmaker that wants the ball is a must, we've been needing that for years. 

Devlin might just be that guy, who knows, we'll see.

2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

The market we are in probably will be quite busy tomorrow with clubs and players looking to go out for first team football for the season. Could be something we use to our advantage hopefully 

I agree, and I think Joe is just the right guy to make it happen. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Ann budge should let us off with any repayments for the title challenge, just to say sorry for the last 7 years. 

7 years? What parts of saving the club, building a new stand, 14/15, 15/16, first half of 16/17, winning the league easily last season, standing up for us during the pandemic, and two cup final appearances does she have to say sorry for? Half of 18/19 and all of 19/20 fair enough.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Looking to get 4 in talks with English championship team for winger on loan, Season long loan, Striker is English Premiership, on loan, 

Defender still wanted and player is pushing for move to us, Beni do you're magic son😉

Goalkeeper is Scottish div 1-2. 

Certainly trying to get these deals done. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Did we sign anyone deadline day last summer?

I'm sure we didn't sign anyone on the last day. Whelms were negative.

3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Looking to get 4 in talks with English championship team for winger on loan, Season long loan, Striker is English Premiership, on loan, 

Defender still wanted and player is pushing for move to us, Beni do you're magic son😉

Glad to see someone else is hearing the same sort of stuff 

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Getting moist with that news...... 😳

I am delighted with some of the signings so far but do we have any chance of keeping a few of these players next year? Never been a fan of a team full of loan players however if it works I’ll hold my hands up. 

Greedy Jambo
5 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

7 years? What parts of saving the club, building a new stand, 14/15, 15/16, first half of 16/17, winning the league easily last season, standing up for us during the pandemic, and two cup final appearances does she have to say sorry for? Half of 18/19 and all of 19/20 fair enough.

She even mentioned it today, to be fair. 

(jokingly that she's left us top of the league) so she kens the score. 

Edited by Greedy Jambo

Voice of reason
32 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Yes, that is always disappointing. Desks are hard to make in the last day though. Quite a few fall through it would seem. 

Desks are hard to make for most people, however long you have, unless you are a joiner. 

Back on topic, really think we need a striker in tomorrow. Like others have said, I think we’d struggle if Boyce got a long term injury.

10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Maybe vertigo being too high up for some ?

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

I'm sure we didn't sign anyone on the last day. Whelms were negative.

I suspect tomorrow will be a disappointment if what the ITK folk say is taken like it’s actually going to happen. As I’ve said before a tip would be to assume Devlin only is happening, and then you won’t be disappointed.

6 possible outs all first team, Roberts, Popescu, Henderson loan *, Walker loan, Mceneff loan*. Logan loan *

We have received a loan offer for Finlay Pollock, from a Scottish Championship team. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***