***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

So Make Some Noise..
Just now, Deevers said:

I think we need to sign a competent back up for Craig Gordon. Ross Stewart just does not fill me with any confidence. We lost some pretty poor goals last season when he played.

Fair comment, not enthralled by Stewart either.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

27 minutes ago, Blair835 said:

Again, I can confirm I'm not bongo either. I wouldn't like to be that guy due to the abuse he takes for passing on the info he does

He gives as much as he gets. 

Not that I'm bothered but I don't believe a word that he says. 

I tend to find all the itk stuff on here amusing. There is a couple of posters who are worth paying attention to but your pal Bongo is not one of them imo. 

That is not abuse it is just my opinion. 🤔

2 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Should we be concerned that Devlin isn't yet announced? ...just wondering if something came up in his medical 🤷‍♂️

I thought they said that they were doing his medical over the weekend to give him a bit time to get over the jet-lag.

I am guessing that yesterday was the FoH day and they didn't want other news put out on the day we became fan owned.

I think today he will be announced. Usually in the afternoon. Not worried, he's in the bag!

3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Should we be concerned that Devlin isn't yet announced? ...just wondering if something came up in his medical 🤷‍♂️

This was my thinking but didn't want to be the first to suggest it😬

Berra than you
7 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Do we really need another forward? Does it suggest Gnando could be moving? Working with Boyce, Gnando and the likes of Woodburn, GMS, Ginnelly feels okay to me through to January.

Can see today being Devlin day + a loan for a 3rd choice nobody goalkeeper.

I'd say we definitely need another forward if we aren't planning on playing Henderson. You have listed 5 players for 3 positions in or team. I think its good to have two for each position, so yeah if hendo leaves I think we need another.

5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I thought they said that they were doing his medical over the weekend to give him a bit time to get over the jet-lag.

I am guessing that yesterday was the FoH day and they didn't want other news put out on the day we became fan owned.

I think today he will be announced. Usually in the afternoon. Not worried, he's in the bag!

Yesterday was also a public holiday so guessing any paperwork that needs to be completed with SFA etc would have to wait until today. 

11 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

He was at Tannadice on Saturday, chatting away with RN and the bench, then watched the game from the "red area" - nothing seemed untoward...

Just now, 5-1Jambo said:

Yesterday was also a public holiday so guessing any paperwork that needs to be completed with SFA etc would have to wait until today. 

Aye that as well. If he passed his medical then I would like to think the "scarf above the heed" pic will be released today.

BackOfTheNet

Is the cryptic “6” the number of new faces this summer? So not counting Stewart and Ginnelly, we have Cochrane, Baningime, Woodburn, Moore, Devlin and one more? So then that would be the numberwang 6? 

Edited by BackOfTheNet

the jambo poet

Not in the know, maybe we're hanging on, to show all the signings off together. I still think we'll get a striker, RWB and possibly a centre half. Talks have apparently been ongoing with regards to a striker. The keeper can wait, possibly when the window closes, we will pick up a free. I think we'll move on one of McEneff or Walker, and Popescu will leave. 

12 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

👍 hope you're right mate!

13 minutes ago, Jambo314 said:

This was my thinking but didn't want to be the first to suggest it😬

😁...couldn't help thinking - if this was the uglies, he'd be signed by now!... telling everyone it's the only club he ever wanted to play for.

7 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Is the cryptic “6” the number of new faces this summer? So not counting Stewart and Ginnelly, we have Cochrane, Baningime, Woodburn, Moore, Devlin and one more? So then that would be the numberwang 6? 

... maybe it's the likely whelm-tastic reading on the whelma-ma-bob meter. 😔

27 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

Do we really need another forward? Does it suggest Gnando could be moving? Working with Boyce, Gnando and the likes of Woodburn, GMS, Ginnelly feels okay to me through to January.

Can see today being Devlin day + a loan for a 3rd choice nobody goalkeeper.

yes, no and not really - youve named our whole attack there - pretty thin. If you look at our stats our goals and assists come from very few players

Edited by 160598
spelt wrong

1 hour ago, Dazo said:

Pessimistic is thinking we will only get one more, your bonus is already banked. 

Surprised this little teaser went uncommented on. Any further hints?

11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aye that as well. If he passed his medical then I would like to think the "scarf above the heed" pic will be released today.

Hope he is worth the wait. Would be great to get all the new guys bedded in before the Derby. 

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

@Jamboj1 is the one to listen to.

I certainly give his posts more credence than most. Usually focuses on providing info rather than tooting his own horn. Or banging his own drum 🥁

12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I thought it was just someone answering the max number of loan players?:lol:

12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Someone replied to the question of how many loans we are allowed, but forgot to quote.

https://spfl.co.uk/news/loan-regulations-amended-for-202021

I wonder if we're back on the blower to Everton for an attacker. Ellis Simms interests me. Done well at Blackpool before his season was cut short with an injury, and he has previously been banging them in in EPL2 for the U23s. 

Edited by Batistuta87

27 minutes ago, Deevers said:

I think we need to sign a competent back up for Craig Gordon. Ross Stewart just does not fill me with any confidence. We lost some pretty poor goals last season when he played.

Correct. A 2nd choice keeper is required not a 3rd choice. Hopefully, we are only calling it a search for a 3rd choice keeper to make Stewart feel good and in case we fail to recruit anyone.

2 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

I wonder if we're back on the blower to Everton for an attacker. Ellis Simms interests me. Done well at Blackpool before his season was cut short with an injury, and he has previously been banging them in in EPL2 for the U23s. 

Thought myself, looks a good prospect

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Ford Prentice said:

That's about loans between SPFL clubs though. Doesn't restrict loans from outside Scotland.

Yup, loans from outside of Scotland are treated as transfers and not the same way so no limit.

1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Correct. A 2nd choice keeper is required not a 3rd choice. Hopefully, we are only calling it a search for a 3rd choice keeper to make Stewart feel good and in case we fail to recruit anyone.

If anything happened to Gordon I would rather recall and play Harry Stone than put Stewart in goals. He's shite. 

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

If anything happened to Gordon I would rather recall and play Harry Stone than put Stewart in goals. He's shite. 

Indeed , one of the main reasons for the fiasco at Brora and the defeat v QoS the following Saturday.

Anyway, a striker and a central defender would be great.

Under the floodlight
1 hour ago, Blair835 said:

Again, I can confirm I'm not bongo either. I wouldn't like to be that guy due to the abuse he takes for passing on the info he does

Are you a bot? How many traffic lights are there on Gorgie Road.😁

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Pretty sure you can't recall a loaned player outside a transfer window. 

Heard from someone at work today the name Jamal Blackman is doing the rounds looks like he was freed by Chelsea in the summer 27 year old. If he was to come in id imagine he would be a 2 and Stewart would become the 3rd choice. 

9 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Yup, loans from outside of Scotland are treated as transfers and not the same way so no limit.

...I'm assuming 'external' loans must be completed by close of play today then?... as they treat them as international 'signings/transfers'?

Edited by Rogue Daddy

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Heard from someone at work today the name Jamal Blackman is doing the rounds looks like he was freed by Chelsea in the summer 27 year old. If he was to come in id imagine he would be a 2 and Stewart would become the 3rd choice. 

Would be happy with him.

3 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Champions League and Europa League winner 😍

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Would be happy with him.

Looks no bad on the video I watched for a few seconds another name is Ryan Scully think he was at Dunfermline most recently 

Vlad the impaler

We definitely need a 2nd choice goalkeeper. Can you imagine if Gordon picked up covid while away with Scotland and we went into the derby with Ross Stewart in goal😭

17 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Simms is a good player. Think still recovering from surgery though.

jamboinglasgow
Just now, Stu_HMFC said:

Looks no bad on the video I watched for a few seconds another name is Ryan Scully think he was at Dunfermline most recently 

Follow a Chelsea youth account on twitter and seemed like he was rated. Only thing being is if would be looking to be first choice. Scully might be the more realistic one.

4 minutes ago, Holyrood_Hearts said:

Should never have gave Stewart a contract. He’s no better than Doyle, Pereira or Bobby

Everyone is better than Periera.

AlphonseCapone
1 hour ago, Sir Gio said:

Budge said one maybe two this morning. Surely can't include Devlin. 

Striker needed. Obafemi or similar will do nicely. Blackburn definitely interested which would count us in as a possible, not out of the question. Back up keeper should be easy to do, centre half is the bonus

She said definitely one, maybe two so my guess is the definite is Devlin as she's wise enough not to say something is definite until it is practically done as all sorts can go wrong. The maybe two I'll guess is a forward, and we've probably got one or two on a list we'd like, otherwise we won't just get someone else for the sake of it. Seems like a GK is also high on the list but I'll guess Budge hasn't referenced that because she's thinking deadline day and we'll go for someone that's free or lower league loan which can happen after. All pure guesswork obviously, I'm not important enough to be in ITK! 

Edited by AlphonseCapone

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Follow a Chelsea youth account on twitter and seemed like he was rated. Only thing being is if would be looking to be first choice. Scully might be the more realistic one.

I'm fairly certain he would be. He was certainly highly rated at one point at Chelsea.

7 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

We definitely need a 2nd choice goalkeeper. Can you imagine if Gordon picked up covid while away with Scotland and we went into the derby with Ross Stewart in goal😭

i would rather play an outfield player in goals than stewart. 

3 minutes ago, Sex Panther said:

My dog is better catching a ball that that muppet .

Edited by One five

3 minutes ago, Sex Panther said:

I see he was dropped by his new Eredivise team at weekend after conceding 3 the previous Saturday.

https://t.co/iivR14EQ2S
ANN BUDGE INTERVIEW: following the handover of her shares in the club to the FoH. 

Speaks about the Working Together document which means nobody can change   Major things like the colours, the stadium, the name of the club without the members voting on it. The power of the football fan, committing to minimum of two more years and praise for all the staff at the club. 

I’ll hold my hands up and say that when the club went into administration I was too young to appreciate how severe the situation was, but yesterday speaking to guys like Stuart Wallace, it really hit home how differently this could’ve panned out… 

Will have a Stuart Wallace interview up tomorrow, also Joe Savage, Eva Olid, Gary Halliday and Andrew McKinlay to follow later in the week. 

As for deadline day I’d expect just the one new arrival, they seem certain about getting an attacker in the door. 

Backup GK is wanted too, but a bit quieter on that front. Youngsters can still depart on loan after today’s window, that’s the plan for them. 

Reads appreciated 

1 minute ago, JackLadd said:

I see he was dropped by his new Eredivise team at weekend after conceding 3 the previous Saturday.

Bloke's a goalie imposter. Needs to pack it in.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***