***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Tennant's  6's
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I'm sure the maintenance of the Main Stand was 600k a year or something to that tune. Got a feeling they will get shot of it next 5 years, Aberdeen needs a major overhaul, council know it and will be proactive through this decade I'm sure (first for everything). Road infrastructure has taken priority once that has passed it will be city centre regeneration which will take in seafront too.

However not going to be the dream they were chasing a few years ago

That's a hefty wedge, didn't think it would be been that high. Good to hear. 

Not a good time for bit infrastructure projects..  the costs right now are mental. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

ginger jambo98
Just now, Smith's right boot said:

The six nil game was early/ mid nineties, Craig couldn't have been in goal then... 

it would explain him letting in 6 though as he’d only have been about 7 years old 😂

2 minutes ago, grumpyespana said:

Was that the 6 nil game guys I remember being there .

It was 'only' 4-0, it just felt like 6. Colin Samuel was brilliant that day. It was one of my first away games and I don't know how it never put me off football for life, we were absolutely honking. It was a horrible, freezing January day, Brockville was on it's last legs and was a crumbling shithole and we couldn't get tickets for the Hearts end so I was stuck in with some mad Falkirk fans, just an all round shite day.

1 minute ago, Jamboross said:

It was 'only' 4-0, it just felt like 6. Colin Samuel was brilliant that day. It was one of my first away games and I don't know how it never put me off football for life, we were absolutely honking. It was a horrible, freezing January day, Brockville was on it's last legs and was a crumbling shithole and we couldn't get tickets for the Hearts end so I was stuck in with some mad Falkirk fans, just an all round shite day.

It was 6

Just now, brux said:

It was 6

It was 4.The 6 game was the last Joe Jordan game .This was a Levein scottish cup 3rd round game.

1 minute ago, brux said:

It was 6

The 6-0 game was about ten years earlier. For such a diddy team they've given us a fair few pumpings. 

3 minutes ago, brux said:

It was 6

0-6 away at Brockville was Joe Jordan's last game in charge. 

Craig Gordon would've been about 10 at the time.

2 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Cup winners or 3rd if 1st/2nd win cup go into the Europa League play off round, which means at worst a drop into Conference League Group Stages and 2.7 million just to turn up. Cash then awarded for points and maybe goals scored too, I seem to recall. Let alone the commercial benefits, ticket sales, sponsors, hospitality

👍Not to be sniffed at! 

tartofmidlothian
25 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

We only signed him in the summer, RN doesn't know any more about now than he did a number of weeks ago, if what you say is anywhere near the reality, we signed him as a 3rd choice GK and the bonus being he is good for shittttts & giggles to boot....seems a bit far fetched for me...

If we do bring someone in, the experience/background/quality alone will be a nod either way re this chancer Cheesy and where he sits in the pecking order....

We had him on loan all last season and he played a couple of matches for us too.

5 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

Yeah, that was a chastening experience all round. Samuel's pace absolutely destroyed us.

I rarely questioned my 'don't leave a game early policy' as much as that day.

5 minutes ago, Jamboross said:

The 6-0 game was about ten years earlier. For such a diddy team they've given us a fair few pumpings. 

Even now i wake up in a cold sweat thinking about Crawford ******* Baptie !

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, lou said:

I was at the 6-0 which I am positive was thrown by the players , was a young Craig Gordon not in goals for 4-0?

I had this confirmed by a player who admitted it, ITK on this one for once! Wasn't proud of it, necessary evil apparently :lol:

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I had this confirmed by a player who admitted it, ITK on this one for once! Wasn't proud of it, necessary evil apparently :lol:

We're they trying to get a manager emptied?

They could have at least told the fans before hand and hammered the bookies.

Back to 2005

Gordon was in goals for the 4 nil Cup tie. Don't recall any of the goals being his fault though. 

Was first game back after the winter break and we were not at the races.

Was back at haymarket before the final whistle.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 hour ago, Furious Styles said:

Hope he absolutely flops and they fall into relegation trouble to league 1 

Jean Louis Valois
Just now, Back to 2005 said:

Gordon was in goals for the 4 nil Cup tie. Don't recall any of the goals being his fault though. 

Was first game back after the winter break and we were not at the races.

Was back at haymarket before the final whistle.

I'm sure we signed Tepi Moilanen off the back of this game.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Longbaws said:

We're they trying to get a manager emptied?

They could have at least told the fans before hand and hammered the bookies.

Had enough of Jordan, I know, bit of a heads up would have been good. Not totally unprofessional I suppose!

1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Was sort of expecting a scarf above a heed by now.... 

makes me think it’s 2. If they wanted to announce Devlin on his own they could’ve had it done by now 

3 minutes ago, Jean Louis Valois said:

I'm sure we signed Tepi Moilanen off the back of this game.

I thought he was dropped for Gordon for this game but not 100%.

All I can remember of Moilanen was when the crowd asked him to give us a wave, he just did an annoying pat at the side of his waist. I'm sure there is more to his Hearts career than that.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

makes me think it’s 2. If they wanted to announce Devlin on his own they could’ve had it done by now 

2scarves above his head? 😒

22 minutes ago, iainmac said:

0-6 away at Brockville was Joe Jordan's last game in charge. 

Craig Gordon would've been about 10 at the time.

Pretty sure he lasted at least another game, a defeat away to Motherwell in midweek

Edit:  nope, the Motherwell game was the one before - that was the one where fans were chanting Jordan GTF

Edited by Diego10

13 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Was sort of expecting a scarf above a heed by now.... 

I was hoping for Devlin +1 by now.

Deadline day is usually a let down with Hearts.  I'm really hoping this one isn't.

kingantti1874

All gone a bit quiet hasn’t it.  Why do I get the feeling this will be one of these days we get a “hearts business is done” about 9pm after we announce Devlin 

TyphoonJambo
2 minutes ago, Le Chat said:

I was hoping for Devlin +1 by now.

Deadline day is usually a let down with Hearts.  I'm really hoping this one isn't.

I don't remember it being openly stated that we expected a couple by closing time,quite as much as this time. So I'm still confident.

Just now, TypoonJambo said:

I don't remember it being openly stated that we expected a couple by closing time,quite as much as this time. So I'm still confident.

It's the hope that kills you.

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Le Chat said:

It's the hope that kills you.

That or an infected F5 finger blister

Pasquale for King
40 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

St Mirren loved him. Thought he was a good signing for the championship. Did have bombscare moments and seemed to have a knack of getting into scoring position then missing but looked easier to score. He was a safer bet than Berra last year

Fans of Dinamo Bucaresti claimed he was the worst player they’d ever seen, I know who’s opinion I would be more interested in to be honest. 
He and Berra should never have been anywhere near out team last year, both now playing for teams more suited to their abilities. 
Just need Roberts out the door now and last years mistakes have just about been rectified. 

Fxxx the SPFL
1 minute ago, Legend Claws said:

Why does Devlin announcement matter? We know it's a done deal.

So mods can change thread title 🤪

Mate from down south just messaged me about Andy Carroll. Asking if I’d heard any rumours about him coming here.

I’m calling wind up as he knows how annoying/frustrating I found him at West Ham plus his wages must be huge

Edited by Jamhammer

Just now, Jamhammer said:

Mate from down south just messaged me about Andy Carroll. Asking if I’d heard any rumours about him coming here.

I’m calling wind up as hell knows how annoying/frustrating I found him at West Ham plus his wages must be huge

I seen him in Falkirk the other week. Not a Scooby why... I assumed he was on his way to Glasgow but nothing came of it

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Jamhammer said:

I’m calling wind up as hell knows how annoying/frustrating I found him at West Ham plus his wages must be huge

He's on the wind up mate. No way we could afford him.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***