***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

I suspect tomorrow will be a disappointment if what the ITK folk say is taken like it’s actually going to happen. As I’ve said before a tip would be to assume Devlin only is happening, and then you won’t be disappointed.

Be prepared to be surprised then, in a good way of course 😎

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

45 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Ah sounds like the defender is off then, Shame 

Not sure how reliable the Liverpool Echo is though I'm still keeping my fingers crossed

BackOfTheNet
Just now, innerjambo said:

Be prepared to be surprised then, in a good way of course 😎

Well, no, because if I prepare for a surprise then I won’t be surprised…

confused-no.gif

Tennant's  6's
10 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Glad to see someone else is hearing the same sort of stuff 

Joe Savage & his new recruitment team need to be given all the plaudits going if they continue to bring in what looks like a pretty decent calibre of player. 

Would be great to continue the positive vibes by bringing in some real quality

14 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Looking to get 4 in talks with English championship team for winger on loan, Season long loan, Striker is English Premiership, on loan, 

Defender still wanted and player is pushing for move to us, Beni do you're magic son😉

Goalkeeper is Scottish div 1-2. 

Certainly trying to get these deals done. 

I won’t be able to sleep tonight now ! C’mon Joe boy make THIS  happen please 🤞

4 minutes ago, CAR said:

Not sure how reliable the Liverpool Echo is though I'm still keeping my fingers crossed

Liverpool echo is like the Edinburgh evening news, their main reliable source 

Guess The Crowd
17 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

7 years? What parts of saving the club, building a new stand, 14/15, 15/16, first half of 16/17, winning the league easily last season, standing up for us during the pandemic, and two cup final appearances does she have to say sorry for? Half of 18/19 and all of 19/20 fair enough.

All of 19/20?

79% at most…

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Well, no, because if I prepare for a surprise then I won’t be surprised…

confused-no.gif

Got me there!!

2 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Joe Savage & his new recruitment team need to be given all the plaudits going if they continue to bring in what looks like a pretty decent calibre of player. 

Would be great to continue the positive vibes by bringing in some real quality

Exactly this, whatever happens tomorrow the squad has improved a lot already. And it’s exciting for the future to see we have a plan and aim of genuine talent 

Tennant's  6's
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

6 possible outs all first team, Roberts, Popescu, Henderson loan *, Walker loan, Mceneff loan*. Logan loan *

We have received a loan offer for Finlay Pollock, from a Scottish Championship team. 

That seems about right.

Not a huge fan of filling a squad with a lot of loans,but if  we've got an option to maybe sign one or two of them & hopefully give game time next season to younger players who should be ready for the step up, then fair enough. 

3rd place getting straight into the group stages of Europe next yr has to be the target, as well another go at the Scottish Cup 🏆🤞

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I suspect tomorrow will be a disappointment if what the ITK folk say is taken like it’s actually going to happen. As I’ve said before a tip would be to assume Devlin only is happening, and then you won’t be disappointed.

Best way to be. I do believe you will be rewarded tomorrow but aim low then anything else is a bonus 😅

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Guess The Crowd said:

All of 19/20?

79% at most…

Good point. Still a shite season but to be fair no Jambo can complain how she stood up for us. Or maybe just greedy Jambos.

Tennant's  6's
3 minutes ago, One five said:

I won’t be able to sleep tonight now ! C’mon Joe boy make THIS  happen please 🤞

Yeah, I'm just hoping he doesn't go all Supermarket sweep like Vlad in '06!

Quality over quantity is the mantra nowadays hopefully. 

They're defo targeting the areas that we need strengthening 

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

6 possible outs all first team, Roberts, Popescu, Henderson loan *, Walker loan, Mceneff loan*. Logan loan *

We have received a loan offer for Finlay Pollock, from a Scottish Championship team. 

Roberts and pop away for sure, Henderson on loan if we get a player or two in maybe. Logan and Pollock would be surprising as Neilson has said both are in his first team plans. That's a no to loaning Walker and McEneff from me. Pointless unless we have better long-term replacements in mind.

BackOfTheNet
2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Best way to be. I do believe you will be rewarded tomorrow but aim low then anything else is a bonus 😅

Other than Devlin the only one mentioned in the press has been Branthwaite, latest being that he won’t be going anywhere until January. Will be weird if we get someone completely out of the blue (press wise) tomorrow. Although someone did point out before McEneff was only mentioned the morning of. So who knows…

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Other than Devlin the only one mentioned in the press has been Branthwaite, latest being that he won’t be going anywhere until January. Will be weird if we get someone completely out of the blue (press wise) tomorrow. Although someone did point out before McEneff was only mentioned the morning of. So who knows…

In fairness nothing has actually leaked from hearts this window on names anyway, everything has been from the other end and when it has it’s been completed very quickly after 

7 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

Yeah, I'm just hoping he doesn't go all Supermarket sweep like Vlad in '06!

Quality over quantity is the mantra nowadays hopefully. 

They're defo targeting the areas that we need strengthening 

Yip would rather have 1 decent player than 4 thats cack , very happy so far in this window 👍

Niemi’s gloves
17 minutes ago, Tennant's 6's said:

That seems about right.

Not a huge fan of filling a squad with a lot of loans,but if  we've got an option to maybe sign one or two of them & hopefully give game time next season to younger players who should be ready for the step up, then fair enough. 

3rd place getting straight into the group stages of Europe next yr has to be the target, as well another go at the Scottish Cup 🏆🤞

To be pedantic, it’s cup winners who are guaranteed a group stage slot, either in the Europa League (if they win the play off round) or failing that the Europa Conference. Third place only if cup winners is in first two. 

Edited by Niemi’s gloves

1 minute ago, Henroddy said:

What do we think of having so many loans? Good thing? Bad?

If its Woodburn, Branthwaite, Obafami standard players im all for it.

If its Matt Doherty and Tom Soares standard im out.

38 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

7 years? What parts of saving the club, building a new stand, 14/15, 15/16, first half of 16/17, winning the league easily last season, standing up for us during the pandemic, and two cup final appearances does she have to say sorry for? Half of 18/19 and all of 19/20 fair enough.

The money she has wasted...failure to sack levein

3 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Bad if they are great    they will be off

6 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Usually I wouldn’t be too happy about it but the loan signings are all players who are in the last year of their contract.

I’m not saying that we will sign them all but it at least puts us in a situation to potentially get players who we wouldn’t previously after they see what the club and fans are about.

3 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

I can understand it.

World is still a bit of an unknown place after lockdown. There is always the possibility of another lockdown coming in. 

Last year is still going to be hurting our finances like everyone else. Not committing to long contracts until finances are a bit more settled is probably a good thing.

Tennant's  6's
7 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

To be pedantic, it’s cup winners who are guaranteed a group stage slot, either in the Europa League (if they win the play off round) or failing that the Europa Conference. Third place only if cup winners is in first two. 

Alright, cheers. 

Guess we'll need to win the Cup & finish 3rd for good measure then. 

Sorted.

2 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Is there not a limit to how many loan players you can have? Thinking we already have 3 with cochrane, Woodburn and Moore. 

Exactly. All good players it seems. We also linked to a couple of other loans. Maybe loans are the way forward as no way could we afford to sign them from top English teams. Though we did get the lad from everton signed

Rick Sanchez

If these lads fire us straight into the group stages of Europe we'll have our pick of players next season, having had a good year of scouting and selecting targets.

I'm not worried.

5 minutes ago, Sherbet said:

The money she has wasted...failure to sack levein

The irony is that we couldn’t even have this debate if not for AB as the club wouldn’t exist!   I’ve been as frustrated as anybody with her failure and poor decision making on the footballing side but today of all days,  she simply deserves immense credit.   It’s just not possible to equate saving the club and underperforming as chair, it just doesn’t square.   We’re in a good place off the pitch and now hopefully building a team we can be proud off. 

1 minute ago, Gmcjambo said:

The irony is that we couldn’t even have this debate if not for AB as the club wouldn’t exist!   I’ve been as frustrated as anybody with her failure and poor decision making on the footballing side but today of all days,  she simply deserves immense credit.   It’s just not possible to equate saving the club and underperforming as chair, it just doesn’t square.   We’re in a good place off the pitch and now hopefully building a team we can be proud off. 

100% upwards and onwards hopefully good times to come 🤞

7 minutes ago, Paulp74 said:

Is there not a limit to how many loan players you can have? Thinking we already have 3 with cochrane, Woodburn and Moore. 

i dont think that counts for loans from other countries

5 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

Honestly, not sure. 

Its short termism, hole plugging. The flipside is, that Woodburn, Moore and Cochrane all look like real finds. Whats more, its conceivable that we could be in a position to sign them later down the line. If we can get Beni, why not one of them? Alternatively, if Woodburn goes back to Liverpool raving about our facilities, team and the club in general, then perhaps the next time we're in for another loanee (or even signing) then they take the leap of faith. 

One thing I read on here was that Woodburn is an exceptional trainer. Now, we might only have him till January, but if we can get more lads in that have a similar approach to top level training then putting in the extra effort may rub off on our own players, it could built a better culture among the players. Loan deals also perhaps stop us going for predictable late 20s journeymen that we can't sell. Sure, it means we're having to look for a permanent signing later down the line, but I'm sure William Lancefield and Savage have already said they work a window or two ahead of the one we're on, so its perfectly reasonable to say we might already have a short list to replace Woodburn when he goes back to Liverpool. 

I don't want players who aren't willing to put in the hours to be the best they can be at Hearts. If we have to loan some guys in now to begin to fix that, I'm quite happy seeing it. 

I will say that I want to see some proper progress in the academy over the next couple of years. Seems like its become more of a side project than a focus, and I think producing players we can sell is pivotable to how we continue to go from strength to strength. 

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Honestly, not sure. 

Its short termism, hole plugging. The flipside is, that Woodburn, Moore and Cochrane all look like real finds. Whats more, its conceivable that we could be in a position to sign them later down the line. If we can get Beni, why not one of them? Alternatively, if Woodburn goes back to Liverpool raving about our facilities, team and the club in general, then perhaps the next time we're in for another loanee (or even signing) then they take the leap of faith. 

One thing I read on here was that Woodburn is an exceptional trainer. Now, we might only have him till January, but if we can get more lads in that have a similar approach to top level training then putting in the extra effort may rub off on our own players, it could built a better culture among the players. Loan deals also perhaps stop us going for predictable late 20s journeymen that we can't sell. Sure, it means we're having to look for a permanent signing later down the line, but I'm sure William Lancefield and Savage have already said they work a window or two ahead of the one we're on, so its perfectly reasonable to say we might already have a short list to replace Woodburn when he goes back to Liverpool. 

I don't want players who aren't willing to put in the hours to be the best they can be at Hearts. If we have to loan some guys in now to begin to fix that, I'm quite happy seeing it. 

I will say that I want to see some proper progress in the academy over the next couple of years. Seems like its become more of a side project than a focus, and I think producing players we can sell is pivotable to how we continue to go from strength to strength. 

Woodburn is a season long loan 👍

3 minutes ago, OTT said:

Honestly, not sure. 

Pretty much this .

2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Honestly, not sure. 

Lots of good points.

It's also better having hungry players on loan trying to prove themselves than lazy players on a 3 or 4 year contract we can't get rid of.

Good chance that at least one of the loanees won't make it at the top level even if they do well with us and then we'll be in pole position to sign them if we want them.

5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Portsmouth are after £2 million for him just been selected in Ireland squad cant see this one happening

2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Thought you said Premier League club attacking player?

I did but he's already been mentioned and a video of him has been put up 😉

SomethingAboutObua
32 minutes ago, Henroddy said:

I much prefer using loans if it let's us get Beni and Ginnely on a permanent and 3 good loanees in Cochrane, Woodburn and (tbc) with Moore, over signing Roberts, Frear and Popescu on a permanent to sign say GMS. 

Hopefully this isn't a long long term thing, obviously we all want the team to be producing youngsters and able to buy and sell on players, but right now tbe recruitment Is night and day to the John Murray times and if using loans is what we need to get there for now then I'm all for it !

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***