***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Edinburgh Live article updated now to say Devlins signature was confirmed yesterday, perhaps left alone since plenty of exposure over the last few weeks. 3 more today then?

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just now, Barack said:

Think they know the nature of the beast.

It's up to Stewart to prove in training, that he in fact, is the number two. And whoever is brought in, will have to compete & wait for the (hopefully never) eventuality, if Gordon is out for a period.

Gordon's diplomatic enough in interviews to say Cheesy's good enough & he has to maintain top form to keep the number 1 spot. Think most people whose eyes aren't sewn on,know this is just footballing parlance. 

All the player's suffer from it. What does Walker or McEneff feel like, bringing in proven quality over them? It's upto them, to fight to prove a place in the matchday squad. Same as the goalies.🤷‍♂️

As it should be. We have had to many "first picks" who wouldn't be good enough for a reserve team over the last few years. Healthy competition brings out the best in players.

6 minutes ago, JamboCampbell said:

Wow that is an absolute game changer then. I always said the first team outside the Old Firm to get into Europa League groups 'should' start to financially pull away from the other teams. 

Massive season if this is correct. 

Massive!

Unfortunately it's not correct.  At best automatically into conference group stage if falling from the Europa League.  Sir Gio read that somewhere. 

17 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Remember the documentary from around this time last year, takes longer for media team to come up with their signing graphic/gimics than it does to get player signed.

Sign of the times.  😄

22 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

I only saw mention of a "back up" keeper which is exactly the line that should be taken for the reasons just mentioned about Stewart. If Robbie specifically said 3rd choice, I think he's slipped up.

Can’t see RN paying for someone who has the quality somewhere between Stewart and Gordon. If HS was a longer term prospect then I wouldn’t say that but he is almost ready 

Chances are that CG will play every game this season. Out of all outfield players on a football pitch the Keeper probably has the biggest chance of doing so 

section s heart
1 hour ago, Jamiemac said:

https://t.co/iivR14EQ2S
ANN BUDGE INTERVIEW: following the handover of her shares in the club to the FoH. 

Speaks about the Working Together document which means nobody can change   Major things like the colours, the stadium, the name of the club without the members voting on it. The power of the football fan, committing to minimum of two more years and praise for all the staff at the club. 

I’ll hold my hands up and say that when the club went into administration I was too young to appreciate how severe the situation was, but yesterday speaking to guys like Stuart Wallace, it really hit home how differently this could’ve panned out… 

Will have a Stuart Wallace interview up tomorrow, also Joe Savage, Eva Olid, Gary Halliday and Andrew McKinlay to follow later in the week. 

As for deadline day I’d expect just the one new arrival, they seem certain about getting an attacker in the door. 

Backup GK is wanted too, but a bit quieter on that front. Youngsters can still depart on loan after today’s window, that’s the plan for them. 

Reads appreciated 

Thanks Jamie. 

Hadn't previously seen the bit about 150 new pledges yesterday alone. Based on average current pledges at £16 pm that would be another £2400. Every penny counts!

JamboCampbell
5 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Unfortunately it's not correct.  At best automatically into conference group stage if falling from the Europa League.  Sir Gio read that somewhere. 

Ah OK so something along the lines of if you make it to the Europa final qualifying round then lose, you drop into the Conference. 

Still, conference would be a big thing financially but not quite the Europa. Although looking at some of the English and Spanish sides that can end up in the Conference you could get some tasty away fixtures. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Cup winners or 3rd if 1st/2nd win cup go into the Europa League play off round, which means at worst a drop into Conference League Group Stages and 2.7 million just to turn up. Cash then awarded for points and maybe goals scored too, I seem to recall. Let alone the commercial benefits, ticket sales, sponsors, hospitality

5 minutes ago, Barack said:

Of course it is. I don't care whose feelings get hurt. And if a player is and can't respond to that, & show Hearts they're worthier of a place, then toodles quite frankly.

Walker's now about 5th choice midfielder. Does he want to fight, or go out and get games? McEneff the same. The goalie situation will take care of itself, imo. 

Quite sad when you see Walker coming on as a sub and then not grabbing his opportunity. Always looks knackered after 10 mins to me.

6 minutes ago, section s heart said:

Thanks Jamie. 

Hadn't previously seen the bit about 150 new pledges yesterday alone. Based on average current pledges at £16 pm that would be another £2400. Every penny counts!

Up to 205 now!

SomethingAboutObua
35 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

As I said, I am sure Stewart is aware of that, just that it won't help him confidence wise to hear his manager announcing it publicly, which is why, in my opinion, Neilson is saying we are looking for a 3rd choice keeper. If I'm wrong, then we probably are looking for a 3rd choice keeper, someone that Stewart is better than!

I dont think so tbh, looking at his wiki he was first choice for Albion Rovers and  backup every where else. I think a lot of goalkeepers are well aware that they won't be able to be first choice for their careers and are happy to have a career as a backup, especially somewhere like Hearts 

Ainsley Harriott
2 minutes ago, the general said:

I see Ethan Hamilton could be released by Peterborough

Would be a useful signing for a team up here

Can't see us signing another centre mid 

Just now, Barack said:

Unfortunately, the types of player we've recruited thus far, are young, athletic, mobile & hungry to prove a point. Everything Jamie isn't anymore.

I don't think there's a Hearts fan in recent season's not crying out for that. Now we've put the pieces into place, with more to go, then the writing is on the wall. Sentimentality will grant you so much goodwill. Even Walker's got to see the writing on the wall, once his contracts up in May.

:thumbs_up:

Football is a brutal career. Its 100% every time and no hiding place anymore. Hearts WERE the place you came to retire and hide with very little effort recently. Glad we have moved on from that.

Amazing what 1 season in the Championship and a change of management level staff can do. Onwards and upwards.

Sorry for players like Walker but that's just the way it is now and I am so glad of it.

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Cup winners or 3rd if 1st/2nd win cup go into the Europa League play off round, which means at worst a drop into Conference League Group Stages and 2.7 million just to turn up. Cash then awarded for points and maybe goals scored too, I seem to recall. Let alone the commercial benefits, ticket sales, sponsors, hospitality

In any group stage you want to draw a German team simply for the cash, German TV televise pretty much every german teams european games and pay well for it, also been known in the past to be accommodating when it comes to paying a smaller tv fee in exchange for much higher sponsorship fee (SFA get their cut of tv money but not sponsorship)

A_A wehatethehibs
3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Surprised at Partick doing this, rotating keepers is not good for defences I ever feel. But for us, it gives Harry plenty of game time without too much. 

Nevertheless probably not ready just quite yet to cover Craig, hope this year brings him on, physically and mentally

I think it can be a mountain out of a molehill, it depends on the club doesn't it. Probably not at Hearts where there's high pressure and big crowds. At a Partick or Hamilton type of club, young players get a bit more leeway and there's less of a "crash" if you're dropped from the team, because you'll get back in. The 2 of them both have good ability to be first team keepers at a championship club. 

Ainsley Harriott
10 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Quite sad when you see Walker coming on as a sub and then not grabbing his opportunity. Always looks knackered after 10 mins to me.

Saddest part is us being mug enough to bring him back on a 3 year deal. Boy was clearly done

1 minute ago, Pans Jambo said:

:thumbs_up:

Football is a brutal career. Its 100% every time and no hiding place anymore. Hearts WERE the place you came to retire and hide with very little effort recently. Glad we have moved on from that.

Amazing what 1 season in the Championship and a change of management level staff can do. Onwards and upwards.

Sorry for players like Walker but that's just the way it is now and I am so glad of it.

Totally agree. At last, we're beginning to look like a top class professional club. Hopefully we'll continue in the same vain of the last few months.

Slow start to the day, told we are in discussions with 3 players however all focus currently is getting the attacking option over the line 

Jambo in Bathgate
40 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

He didnt play all of the League Cup games, maybe just my bad luck, but any time I seem to look its Sneddon playing

Think he was at fault for at least one of the Arbroath goals the previous game to last Saturday according to reports. PT lost 3 nil. 

HEARTS FOREVER
1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Slow start to the day, told we are in discussions with 3 players however all focus currently is getting the attacking option over the line 

Good stuff. 👍 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Ribble said:

In any group stage you want to draw a German team simply for the cash, German TV televise pretty much every german teams european games and pay well for it, also been known in the past to be accommodating when it comes to paying a smaller tv fee in exchange for much higher sponsorship fee (SFA get their cut of tv money but not sponsorship)

Not sure if the 2.7 mill is built into the TV deal, come to think of it UEFA seem to have partners as sponsors too. Not sure if I am honest

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

And rightly so. Will it be a midnight epic today then :)

9 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

👍 ...any idea on what league they are currently playing in? 

6 minutes ago, Barack said:

Thank you, Mr. NON-journalist. 😉👍🏻

Especially, for no random YouTube links.

:rofl:

👀

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

With hearts and deadlines, prepare for worst and hope for the best 😅

AllyjamboDerbyshire
13 minutes ago, SomethingAboutObua said:

I dont think so tbh, looking at his wiki he was first choice for Albion Rovers and  backup every where else. I think a lot of goalkeepers are well aware that they won't be able to be first choice for their careers and are happy to have a career as a backup, especially somewhere like Hearts 

One last try. Not suggesting Stewart isn't aware of his position in the pecking order. Was just trying to rationalise why Neilson would say he's looking for a 3rd choice keeper when we all know we need a 2nd choice one. Regardless of what Stewart knows, Neilson might well have felt it better not to publicly downgrade him and was merely showing him some respect. I said this as the only alternative reason for Neilson saying he wanted a third choice keeper would be that he was, indeed, wanting a third choice keeper, which no one on here (including me) appears happy with.

Jack Torrance
21 minutes ago, Barack said:

Unfortunately, the types of player we've recruited thus far, are young, athletic, mobile & hungry to prove a point. Everything Jamie isn't anymore.

I don't think there's a Hearts fan in recent season's not crying out for that. Now we've put the pieces into place, with more to go, then the writing is on the wall. Sentimentality will grant you so much goodwill. Even Walker's got to see the writing on the wall, once his contracts up in May.

I think the problem is he has been hungry ... for sweeties.

8 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

doesn't the window shut at 11 PM in scotland?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Jamboj1 said:

With hearts and deadlines, prepare for worst and hope for the best 😅

Ah, that was all before Super Joe, a veteran of these events I'm sure :) 👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, milky_26 said:

doesn't the window shut at 11 PM in scotland?

11 in England, think we are still midnight. Well 3 in the morning on the 3rd if Celtic need it so

4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

11 in England, think we are still midnight. Well 3 in the morning on the 3rd if Celtic need it so

Good point. 😄

Just now, Sertse said:

Top journalism from the Evening News

Screenshot_20210831_114129_com.brave.browser.jpg

Screenshot_20210831_114147_com.brave.browser.jpg

Be fair mate... Kickback haven't announced anyone yet. How would they know?

24 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

👍 ...any idea on what league they are currently playing in? 

Believe it’s from down south, was also told a chance of someone from up here but unsure on who that could be

17 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Top journalism from the Evening News

Screenshot_20210831_114129_com.brave.browser.jpg

Screenshot_20210831_114147_com.brave.browser.jpg

I'm confused. GMS & Woodburn??? Haven't they signed already???

Edit: Its just the way I have read their kwality reporting. Looks like GMS and Woodburn are hoping to strike a deadline day deal.

Edited by Pans Jambo

2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Believe it’s from down south, was also told a chance of someone from up here but unsure on who that could be

👍 cheers mate. Appreciate the info.

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

One last try. Not suggesting Stewart isn't aware of his position in the pecking order. Was just trying to rationalise why Neilson would say he's looking for a 3rd choice keeper when we all know we need a 2nd choice one. Regardless of what Stewart knows, Neilson might well have felt it better not to publicly downgrade him and was merely showing him some respect. I said this as the only alternative reason for Neilson saying he wanted a third choice keeper would be that he was, indeed, wanting a third choice keeper, which no one on here (including me) appears happy with.

I think you’re right, someone worse than Stewart isn’t worth bothering about and would be as well playing a youngster. 
McCrorie did extremely well for Rangers in their last two games and probably won’t be seen again. 

6 minutes ago, gov said:

No that it really matters but bbc say window closes at 11pm for England & Scotland for those debating 

Window up here is midnight. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***