Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hackney Hearts
13 minutes ago, Valentinho said:

Carlos Alberto would be ideal!

Was thinking that, would solve all our RWB issues, with an eye for goal (good on penalties too)... but sadly he's no longer with us.

Someone exactly like him then. On a permanent.

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Was thinking that, would solve all our RWB issues, with an eye for goal (good on penalties too)... but sadly he's no longer with us.

It's a shame Josh Doig is a left back 😔

I'm stumped then...

1 hour ago, DC_92 said:

I'll repeat my point again. If we can make a financial saving on McEneff which can be reinvested in other areas of the squad then I'd be happy to let him go. If we can't then I'm not. That statement requires no presumptions and no inside knowledge of any potential deal.

Your statement was that any saving would be "negligible", which either requires inside knowledge of the deal, or for that statement to be universally true. If it were universally true then no players would be released from their contract ever, so it clearly isn't.

No inside knowledge is required. He has two years left on his deal and he isn’t one of the highest earners. The potential to save money to reinvest elsewhere in the squad is limited. To upgrade any position in our squad we are now looking at players who will be top earners at the club or EPL loanees or exceptional academy graduates.

Not to mention the fact he isn’t actually moving …

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/aaron-mceneff-reveals-talks-with-robbie-neilson-and-joe-savage-as-he-fights-for-hearts-place-3353207%3famp

Pasquale for King
31 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

First thing I thought as well when he signed 🤣 Not remotely bothered in all honesty. Can’t complain so far with our signings. Another 2 to appear hopefully 

It’s been a fantastic window so far. 

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

I like the look of Rooney at St Johnstone, reminds me of a slower version of Calum Paterson. 
Great attitude also. Free next summer. 
No Brazilian grandfather though 😜

Edited by Pasquale for King

John Findlay
18 minutes ago, TypoonJambo said:

Bank Holidays and weekends,under no circumstances can the sfa offices process new signings........Oh wait🤔

It is not an official bank holiday in Scotland today.

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Souttar extends, 2 or 3 come in, club in fan ownership, round of the week by pumping hibs. 

If Will done football weeks. 

:scenes:

I think that’s twice you’ve imagined the 12th of September being this Sunday. 

18 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Souttar extends, 2 or 3 come in, club in fan ownership, round of the week by pumping hibs. 

If Carlsberg done football weeks. 

:scenes:

Pedant alert, but this week is International week and we don't play that shower until 13 days time. 

1 minute ago, Swanny17 said:

Pedant alert, but this week is International week and we don't play that shower until 13 days time. 

Sorry you are mistaken, we don't play Hibs in 13 days time, we beat Hibs in 13 days time 

2 minutes ago, brux said:

Sorry you are mistaken, we don't play Hibs in 13 days time, we beat Hibs in 13 days time 

Both mistaken - we pump them

13 minutes ago, 160598 said:

They'll hope he does well for their benefit either way of a sell or an improved first team player.    I can't see him being affordable unless they are desperate to empty .    They would have done that already. 

How much is he worth 🤔☺ 

Edited by HMFC01

8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

😂

17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I like the look of Rooney at St Johnstone, reminds me of a slower version of Calum Paterson. 

Surprised I don't see his name mentioned more, I think he is exactly what we are looking for.

Good going forward, good on the ball, seems to put a shift in.

And I can't say I've ever noticed him be particularly slow either

Unfortunately I suspect St Johnstone would be looking for a bit more than we have to throw around, to get him this year.

Edited by davie1980

16 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not a great professional. 

He came out in the paper after they won the cup saying he'd take the summer off and get pissed rather than keep training

Won't ever go higher than St Johnstone

9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

We ARE the owners ::troll::

What the **** is going on with Devlin then Pans?

What's the bloody hold up?

Mad Pans oot

Bazzas right boot
16 minutes ago, Swanny17 said:

Neither we do. 😭

Just now, davie1980 said:

Mad Pans oot

I will just consult the other 8499 board members 😁

Bazzas right boot
17 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I've made plans and everything. 

My m8 never corrected me as we made plans for Sunday- yesterday. 

Pair of plums. 

2 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

He came out in the paper after they won the cup saying he'd take the summer off and get pissed rather than keep training

Well his career to date has been a steady ascent. No reason to believe he can't take one more step forward

Screenshot_20210830-155512_Samsung Internet.jpg

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I will just consult the other 8499 board members 😁

You've already discussed it with me and I've decided you are to blame.

9 minutes ago, Mr Elwood P said:

No inside knowledge is required. He has two years left on his deal and he isn’t one of the highest earners. The potential to save money to reinvest elsewhere in the squad is limited. To upgrade any position in our squad we are now looking at players who will be top earners at the club or EPL loanees or exceptional academy graduates.

Not to mention the fact he isn’t actually moving …

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/aaron-mceneff-reveals-talks-with-robbie-neilson-and-joe-savage-as-he-fights-for-hearts-place-3353207%3famp

No inside knowledge required, just a massive assumption that a hypothetical deal on the table will have no financial benefit.

If St Johnstone came in offering to pay 50% of his wages for a year, for example, that additional £750-£1,000 a week might make the difference in getting another player we want. If another club wanted him on a permanent deal and he really wanted to go and get regular game time, he might be willing to accept a vastly reduced pay-off.

Again, those aren't assumptions, they're examples. It may well be the case that there isn't a financially beneficial deal to be done, in which case I don't expect the club to do a deal. It's total nonsense to say such a deal is an impossibility without inside knowledge, though. That's the reason we try to offload players like Damour, Popescu and Roberts - it's not just because their presence is an inconvenience, it's because it saves money which can be put to better use.

Rick Sanchez
2 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

Mad Pans oot

I've just ripped the sheet from my bed, got my best crayons out and wrote 'Hang @Pans Jambo'

We need change ffs.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Didn’t know that, doesn’t look that athletic now you mention it. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

They'll hope he does well for their benefit either way of a sell or an improved first team player.    I can't see him being affordable unless they are desperate to empty .    They would have done that already. 

How much is he worth 🤔☺ 

Depends on the next manager because that dickhead won’t last past Xmas 😂

9 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Not a great look tbf. Although he's been so solid for them. Both him and Kerr are available in the summer for free. I'd take both. Especially if Souttar ends up being sold then. 

3 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

I've just ripped the sheet from my bed, got my best crayons out and wrote 'Hang @Pans Jambo'

We need change ffs.

😂 Thats it then. I’m stepping doon!

Hackney Hearts
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Depends on the next manager because that dickhead won’t last past Xmas 😂

Ours or theirs?

:wink:

11 minutes ago, DC_92 said:

No inside knowledge required, just a massive assumption that a hypothetical deal on the table will have no financial benefit.

If St Johnstone came in offering to pay 50% of his wages for a year, for example, that additional £750-£1,000 a week might make the difference in getting another player we want. If another club wanted him on a permanent deal and he really wanted to go and get regular game time, he might be willing to accept a vastly reduced pay-off.

Again, those aren't assumptions, they're examples. It may well be the case that there isn't a financially beneficial deal to be done, in which case I don't expect the club to do a deal. It's total nonsense to say such a deal is an impossibility without inside knowledge, though. That's the reason we try to offload players like Damour, Popescu and Roberts - it's not just because their presence is an inconvenience, it's because it saves money which can be put to better use.

All hypothetical as you say!

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

Ours or theirs?

:wink:

I set myself up for that 😆
Neilson has his issues but Pearson is on a different planet, literally 🤪

If it were me, I'd keep McAneff. He's different to what we're currently operating with as a midfielder but I think in games we're expected to or are dominating bringing on a player who will drive forward will be good for us. As has been mentioned we are fairly defensive minded but if we strengthen correctly at the back then I think we could afford to switch out one of our more defensive midfielders for a more attacking one when it suits. Yes we do have a large number of midfielders but these are unprecedented times and a single positive covid test could easily put half dozen or more players out of action for a short period of time.  We also haven't been particularly lucky when it comes to injuries in the past. So having a sizeable squad does help us. Obviously it's the managers job to keep the players happy and I'm not saying that will be easy bit that is one of his responsibilities that he needs to get right.

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Neilson has his issues but Pearson is on a different planet, literally 🤪

Literally? Jesus, tough commute to Bristol.

7 minutes ago, OTT said:

Not a great look tbf. Although he's been so solid for them. Both him and Kerr are available in the summer for free. I'd take both. Especially if Souttar ends up being sold then. 

I suspect the comment would have been made by Rooney in jest, I've seen the whole Saints team out drinking on a number of occasions (In Danny Swanson's dad/uncles pub) and Rooney was one of the more reserved drinkers it has to be said, unlike Stevie May, the keeper or Liam Craig 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pearson for all he is a bit barmy, was the man who really set Leicester on their way. He is more than capable, especially in that division.

Bazzas right boot
50 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

Now't wrong with a few weeks off and getting pissed.

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Been owners for just over three hours and the signings have dried up already 🤬

Let's face it, we're rubbish at this. Can we hand it back?

Just now, Hackney Hearts said:

Let's face it, we're rubbish at this. Can we hand it back?

Let’s buy Hibs first and turn them into an Aldi Megastore. 

2 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

All gone a bit quiet.. 

very quiet. I know today is all about the foundation but thought even Devlin would have been announced today

1 minute ago, Newton51 said:

very quiet. I know today is all about the foundation but thought even Devlin would have been announced today

I think they’re trying to ensure that nothing steals FoH’s thunder. Even if deals are concluded today, doesn’t mean they will be announced today, I guess.

Under the floodlight

Current owners oot. 

12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Been owners for just over three hours and the signings have dried up already 🤬

Current owners oot.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***