***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

I think you are correct on Bates. Doubt we fancied signing up to 3 years, but they are, in an attempt to appease/impress/fool their support into believing they are going to be superior.

Our fairly conservative board are going to win out, patience not prudence

I think we enquired about him but soon after, moved on to other targets. Clubs make enquiries about dozens of players in transfer windows. 

If the sheep think it’s anything other than that more fool them 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I think you are correct on Bates. Doubt we fancied signing up to 3 years, but they are, in an attempt to appease/impress/fool their support into believing they are going to be superior.

Our fairly conservative board are going to win out, patience not prudence

They’re not looking that great so far, long may it continue. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

I think we enquired about him but soon after, moved on to other targets. Clubs make enquiries about dozens of players in transfer windows. 

If the sheep think it’s anything other than that more fool them 

I could be wrong but did Neilson not say he was mentioned to us as opposed to us asking about him 🤔?

rudi must stay
4 minutes ago, Gav M said:

right, club is now fan owned.

back to new signings!

I demand the Brazil team of 1998. Taffarel first 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I could be wrong but did Neilson not say he was mentioned to us as opposed to us asking about him 🤔?

You’re right. He said we were offered the opportunity to take him. Never mentioned if we went ahead or not.

I wouldn't mind a busy deadline day at Tynie something worth staying up till midnight for. I'm hoping we can get a few out the door tomorrow the Pope and Roberts maybe a loan for either Pollock or Henderson. 

2 hours ago, GinRummy said:

They have all been described as 'a bit of a coup' by RN. This one would be a full or whole coup by comparison.

New signings from the middle east............................coo 8

11 minutes ago, Jack Torrance said:

Today is about FOH. I think it should be tomorrow. 

And FOH is about the fans, club officials can proceed with signings today and tomorrow and take Wednesday afternoon off for a few celebratory pints 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Mr Rabbit said:

You’re right. He said we were offered the opportunity to take him. Never mentioned if we went ahead or not.

Had a look for the article but couldn’t find it, all the worst to the guy 😆

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, 160598 said:

New signings from the middle east............................coo 8

Hahahahaha 👍🏽👏🏾

Sure lots of work will be going on re signings.

From a PR point of view, I dont think we would do anything today. It's all about FOH

3 minutes ago, Homme said:

Sure lots of work will be going on re signings.

From a PR point of view, I dont think we would do anything today. It's all about FOH

Think you may be right 

Ford Prentice
5 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I wouldn't mind a busy deadline day at Tynie something worth staying up till midnight for. I'm hoping we can get a few out the door tomorrow the Pope and Roberts maybe a loan for either Pollock or Henderson. 

Pollock probably too young to go out on loan unless it's local, e.g  Edinburgh City. I think we'll keep him involved this year 

Jack Torrance
16 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

I'd happily do both! Neilson did say he didnt want to go until Tuesday on signings not to say they are not being done quietly today with announcements tmrw

Yeah, I reckon the work will be done but it's about giving announcements the space to breathe. Today's announcements' focus should be on the momentous moment in our history and leading the way in fan ownership. 

Then it's back to business. 

Just now, Ford Prentice said:

Pollock probably too young to go out on loan unless it's local, e.g  Edinburgh City. I think we'll keep him involved this year 

I wouldn't want him going to Edinburgh City staying at Hearts is ideal for him train full time and make the bench some weeks could get on for last 15 minutes if the game is won. Probs better for his development than playing league two football. 

Hackney Hearts
11 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

What's wrong with 1970? (apart from age and possibly mortal status)

Anyone from that team who could fit in at RWB?

14 minutes ago, rudi must stay said:

Gordon's better. Start with R9

BackOfTheNet

Anyone else got a sneaking suspicion the first announcement after club ownership changeover (now complete) will be a Souttar contract extension?

Rick Sanchez
6 minutes ago, Forrest said:

Can you imagine the stick Roberto Carlos would get from our fans for his lack of defensive work at LWB 😂

You can guarantee it :laugh:

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

Anyone else got a sneaking suspicion the first announcement after club ownership changeover (now complete) will be a Souttar contract extension?

Hope you’re right that would be a epic statement! 

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

That would be brilliant 👍

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I did wonder when that souttar tweet came out earlier 

29 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Could be mate. I thought I read the other day that we had made a general enquiry about him at an early stage but then moved on to other targets.

I picked it up as maybe we didn’t know re Taylor or Braithwaite would be an option at the time we enquired but when we found out they were, we changed tract 

All conjecture really. I think his agent was just trying to drum up interest and possibly try and get him the fattest pay cheque he could at the sheep and it was put to the fans that we were interested just to try and make them feel a bit relevant again - agree with you on that one 

3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye calm down lol. McEneff was a direct replacement for Lee. They're very similar players and play the same "number 8" role. McEneff has more pace and more of an engine and seems to prefer to run with the ball whereas Lee preferred to pass it. 

And I don't know where this McEneff to RWB thing has come from. Sounds utterly insane to me and I really can't see how he fits into that role. 

As you say totally different kind of player for that position . So bizarre to think they're similar

Unknown user
3 hours ago, Batistuta87 said:

Aye calm down lol. McEneff was a direct replacement for Lee. They're very similar players and play the same "number 8" role. McEneff has more pace and more of an engine and seems to prefer to run with the ball whereas Lee preferred to pass it. 

And I don't know where this McEneff to RWB thing has come from. Sounds utterly insane to me and I really can't see how he fits into that role. 

:interehjrling:

4 minutes ago, Smithee said:

:interehjrling:

Was calling that out as the only thing that set them apart. Other than the fact that McEneff runs the ball into where he wants it and Lee passed it, there's no real difference between the two. They still had the same sort of philosophy which was to pick up the ball and turn towards goal and get their head up to look for someone. Doesn't make them chalk and cheese, and certainly doesn't mean that saying they are similar is the worst thing anyone has ever said on here. 

Edited by Batistuta87

1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Not reading much into this personally. I reckon it'll be one of these things that drags on for a long time, and that he probably won't put pen to paper until at least the end of the year. I hope not though - would love to get him tied down on a 2-3yr deal.  

Pasquale for King
18 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Could be mate. I thought I read the other day that we had made a general enquiry about him at an early stage but then moved on to other targets.

I picked it up as maybe we didn’t know re Taylor or Braithwaite would be an option at the time we enquired but when we found out they were, we changed tract 

All conjecture really. I think his agent was just trying to drum up interest and possibly try and get him the fattest pay cheque he could at the sheep and it was put to the fans that we were interested just to try and make them feel a bit relevant again - agree with you on that one 

Yeah I found that when I had a look, I think it was Neilsons press conference  on Thursday when he mentioned Bates. 
Im sure their 8k ST holders were chuffed with another Ex Rangers player 😆.,

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Would read too much into that, they normally have a post match interview released a few days later which usually for the Monday papers.

18 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

what tweet was that?

I assume this one

Screenshot_20210830-145814_Twitter.jpg

Edited by Tommy Brown

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah I found that when I had a look, I think it was Neilsons press conference  on Thursday when he mentioned Bates. 
Im sure their 8k ST holders were chuffed with another Ex Rangers player 😆.,

First thing I thought as well when he signed 🤣 Not remotely bothered in all honesty. Can’t complain so far with our signings. Another 2 to appear hopefully 

Unknown user
10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Was calling that out as the only thing that set them apart. Other than the fact that McEneff runs the ball into where he wants it and Lee passed it, there's no real difference between the two. They still had the same sort of philosophy which was to pick up the ball and turn towards goal and get their head up to look for someone. Doesn't make them chalk and cheese, and certainly doesn't mean that saying they are similar is the worst thing anyone has ever said on here. 

I didn't say it was the worst, I do disagree that they're particularly similar though. Both forward thinking, yes, but very different in terms of engine, style, reactions etc for me

I find it strange that in the ‘news’ section of the club website they have only this minute  updated ‘us’ becoming owners today never mind Devlin! 

Edited by bobskeldon

51 minutes ago, Hackney Hearts said:

What's wrong with 1970? (apart from age and possibly mortal status)

Anyone from that team who could fit in at RWB?

Carlos Alberto would be ideal!

14 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Wtf hasn't Devlin been announced yet...

Probably just the SFA being slow in getting the international clearance from Oz

23 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

One has energy and enthusiasm  one doesn't .

Totally different , bit like chalk and cheese

Sorry being bitchy

TyphoonJambo
1 minute ago, Ribble said:

Probably just the SFA being slow in getting the international clearance from Oz

Bank Holidays and weekends,under no circumstances can the sfa offices process new signings........Oh wait🤔

Bazzas right boot

Souttar extends, 2 or 3 come in, club in fan ownership, round of the week by pumping hibs. 

If Carlsberg done football weeks. 

:scenes:

Edited by Smith's right boot

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***