***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Ross Callachan. 

:gok:

PHM but if we're signing guys that weren't good enough 4 years ago, we're really ****ed. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

19/05/2012

Callachan is a good player to have about the squad but would find it strange if he were to come back as the reason he left was he wanted more minutes on the pitch and he won’t be a starter for us 

Nookie Bear
21 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Might be like Naismith from Norwich and he is on a bigger salary at PNE and waiting for his final payment before signing?

May well be the case.

Just feel we will have got some sort of agreement out of him which is why we are letting him use our facilities.

11 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Josh is a Preston player till end of June

We could still sign him on a freedeom of contract wef 1/7/21

Nookie Bear
1 hour ago, GavK1012 said:

Very true, but you have posted an insane amount of nonsense in your debut 24 hours on here, obviously a lot of time on your hands, and the only opinion to even remotely suggest Dunne wasn't a success and some, in his spell with us...

Defo going on mute, the quickest muting of all time I think 😂🤣😅😆😁

I am very much in the *sniff sniff* category with that poster.

There are some really shite and uninspiring names being banded out by some who obviously have nothing better to do......it’s not really helping the mood on here.

Best exclusive so far is the one where Zlamal, Damour and Popescu won’t be offered new contracts.......

Stunning stuff there.

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Just that 1?:vrface:

There are at least 2 other 100% died in the wool Hobos on this thread alone.

Spouting their pish as usual on a transfer thread.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
15 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

In other news:

Andy Irving - just given him the best terms we want to offer him.  It is a take it or leave it offer. It seems likely he will move on. European clubs interested and will not incur any development fee.

Steven Naismith - been told his playing time is likely to be reduced and is deciding his options. 

Liam Boyce - club aware of interest from english league 1 side, no offer been made. Club want to keep him. If an acceptable offer is made and he wants the move we won't block it but unlikely to receive the value we have and player is happy to stay. 

Craig Halkett - interest from Motherwell, St Johnstone and couple of english sides.  Wont step in the way of any move. Would require a fee but unlikely to be 7 figures. 

Loic Damour, Zlamal, Mihai Popesku likely to leave. Wont be offered deals.

Kastaneer away.

Contract offered to Ginnelly.

Contract extension offered to Souttar.

As long as we've offered Irving terms that are at least as much as he is on now, we would be due a development fee, with the exception being if he decides to go to MLS, which I believe is to do with how players are registered in that league.

David Black
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

Callachan is no where near good enough. 

Real shame as the guy has that natural timing of arriving in the box at the right time and is a Hearts fan. 

But he's not a good midfielder, 1st touch, passing, awareness all very poor and unfortunately his knack for a goal does not make up for his poor areas as they are so poor. 

Real shame Tbh. 

A poor man's John Millar and a really poor man's Colin Cameron. 

That's correct, if we are going after quality instead of quantity, then Callachan is not that quality. A good honest player but Hamilton are his level.

24 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Shhhnapp....

Famous 1874

Some of these names being linked... jesus. We are more ****ed than I think we are, and we are really ****ed. 

Nookie Bear
13 minutes ago, David Black said:

That's correct, if we are going after quality instead of quantity, then Callachan is not that quality. A good honest player but Hamilton are his level.

Robbie said it would be quality for key areas and some squad fillers elsewhere.

Churchill Barrier
1 hour ago, Vlad the impaler said:

So Ross Callachan....Now the “not every signing will be Pelé” makes sense🙄

Hopefully press nonsense. 

Wasn't good enough first time round, he would have been an average signing this time last year for championship. He is nowhere near good enough to improve us , he has been a regular in a team relegated. 

Never resign journeymen, quailty like robbo rudi fair enough.

55 minutes ago, Mr Brightside said:

Might be like Naismith from Norwich and he is on a bigger salary at PNE and waiting for his final payment before signing?

He's maybe waiting on final payment but Ginnelly won't be on money over and above what we pay. I think Ginnelly would be on around 3k a week at PNE. 

SidewaysFitba
1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Looks decent (as most of these YT clips do)... but what I liked is he was good, and scored, with both feet - from outside and inside the box. Great 1st touch also. Not a bad shout on the face of it.

Wouldn't remotely surprise me if Hearts sound him out.

Just now, Barack said:

Callachan isn't even polyfilla, never mind squad. Hearts fan or not. 

Correct. 

We need someone to compete with Haring if not an improvement on Haring at DM. Same goes for McEneff at CM. Callachan isn't better than we've got, nevermind an improvement. 

Pasquale for King
26 minutes ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

As long as we've offered Irving terms that are at least as much as he is on now, we would be due a development fee, with the exception being if he decides to go to MLS, which I believe is to do with how players are registered in that league.

They didn’t get compensation for their players either. 
Changed now. 
https://www.espn.co.uk/football/major-league-soccer/19/blog/post/3829407/what-does-adoption-of-training-compensation-solidarity-payments-mean-for-mls

https://www.espn.com/soccer/major-league-soccer/story/4146199/why-are-mls-clubs-getting-paid-for-us-talent-going-to-europe-but-not-the-youth-teams-that-played-a-part-in-their-development

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Ryan Edwards was better than Callachan.

Nonsense, Callachan is the 2nd top goal scoring midfielder this season for the relegated team. He’s clearly had better coaching at Hamilton from Rice and Beuzelin than with us or at St Johnstone, a rough diamond if there ever was one. He looks fitter and slimmer too. 
Whether he’s good enough for us is questionable but signing him would not be quality of quantity. 

SidewaysFitba
Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Nonsense, Callachan is the 2nd top goal scoring midfielder this season for the relegated team. He’s clearly had better coaching at Hamilton from Rice and Beuzelin than with us or at St Johnstone, a rough diamond if there ever was one. He looks fitter and slimmer too. 
Whether he’s good enough for us is questionable but signing him would not be quality of quantity. 

In your view.

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Didn't realise this, thanks. I was just remembering some no name team shafted us out of a development fee for Sam Nicholson.

Pasquale for King
Just now, SidewaysFitba said:

In your view.

That’s the facts, Edwards was a poor player who was quick and pressed well. Gave us all a great 9 minutes but that was it. Hardly had a stellar career before or after us. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine said:

Didn't realise this, thanks. I was just remembering some no name team shafted us out of a development fee for Sam Nicholson.

👍🏽. I don’t think you should be able to opt in or out of this system either. 

Juho_Makela_Goal_Machine
3 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

How many players do we sign that are discussed on transfer threads?

GMS, Halliday, Gordon, Kingsley all widely discussed in last season's iterations.

SidewaysFitba
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s the facts, Edwards was a poor player who was quick and pressed well. Gave us all a great 9 minutes but that was it. Hardly had a stellar career before or after us. 

An opinion isn't a fact.  Anyway, RC is nowhere near good enough for what we need. 👍

john thomas
4 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Ross Callachan will probably end up at Livingston.

I think Callachan is a decent player . A grafter who scores a few goals . Every good team has a player like this .

Probably a non story but he would be an excellent addition to the squad

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

An opinion isn't a fact.  Anyway, RC is nowhere near good enough for what we need. 👍

It’s not my opinion that Callachan is the 2nd too goal scoring midfielder in the league above us, more than all our midfielders together in the league above us is also a fact. 
I said he wasn’t what we need or good enough, either is Ryan Edwards. 

BackOfTheNet

Still really hoping Savage isn’t the type to make signing preparations and then tell his mates about them, so they then come on here and spout it so we can have some surprise signings pop up on the Hearts feed out of nowhere.

Saying that, I do love a genuine ITK rumour. Doesn’t seem like we have anything so far that would be seen as one though.

13 minutes ago, john thomas said:

I think Callachan is a decent player . A grafter who scores a few goals . Every good team has a player like this .

Probably a non story but he would be an excellent addition to the squad

Did you watch him play for us? 

Batistuta87

Callaghan was a good grafter and he appreciated playing for Hearts, so he always put in the effort. He's improved since he played for us too and has been hitting the gym, so looks a lot fitter and stronger. 

I still don't want him back though. He's just not at that level. I'm thinking he'll end up at Livi, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone because that's about his level. Not Hearts. 

We need to do better. Would absolutely love if we could get one over on Hibs and snap up Jackson Irvine, and Alen Halilovic would still be an absolute topper of a signing. 

Josh McEachran / MK Dons might be worth a shout as well although he's 28. 

Edited by Batistuta87

The Tackle

It's clear by this thread that no one has a clue who we are signing. Some of the names being banded about :rofl:

SidewaysFitba

Hearts will target players that Savage knows and has worked with before.   Billy Bodin would certainly fit the bill.   In fact, since he is now without a club, I wouldn't be surprised if overtures have already been made.
Jayden Stockley would be another plausible target.

portobellojambo1
2 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

Callachan is no where near good enough. 

Real shame as the guy has that natural timing of arriving in the box at the right time and is a Hearts fan. 

But he's not a good midfielder, 1st touch, passing, awareness all very poor and unfortunately his knack for a goal does not make up for his poor areas as they are so poor. 

Real shame Tbh. 

A poor man's John Millar and a really poor man's Colin Cameron. 

1 hour ago, David Black said:

Agree with these two posts, bringing back Ross Callachan would be a negative move from us imo. If he had been good enough to have a career at Tynecastle I don't think we would have released him originally, and I say that while accepting that he was here during a period we were very much up and down.

I've not really thought much about potential players arriving over this Summer, as I've no idea what type of players Joe Savage feels wil benefit the club. Maybe I'm out on my own here but I actually think we have some decent players already on our books, and we only seem to have been getting something out of them since Savage met with some of our better players and the manager, and the way in which we were playing changed almost instantly.

If we are looking at any players we have to be sure that them arriving will not involve a total restructure of how the team then plays, late on in the season we saw the team playing better and players to come in shoud be able to function within that style of play and potentially take it to the next level.

Do we need another penalty box player alongside Liam Boyce for example, without moving away from playing decent football on the ground. Do we have to allocate a midfield position to someone who would be more of a destructive player, a ball winner who can then let those around him use it to our benefit, or is that a position that Halliday might blossom in during the coming season. Do we have to look for a new right back if some of the stories I've heard about Michael Smith possibly moving back to the Bristol area for the benefit of his family, or is the loanee up at Cove ready to slot into that position. Do we need to look at another central defender to be able to rotate/utilise the likes of Souttar, Halkett and A N Other depending on the opposition. A lot of things to be thought about, and we just have to hope we get it right, and that in future transfer windows ins and outs are reduced to a bare minimum as the basic infrastructure is then in place to both compete and succeed.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Batistuta87
5 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

It's clear by this thread that no one has a clue who we are signing. Some of the names being banded about :rofl:

Nobody said anything about knowing who we are signing. We're discussing who we would like. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, Cruyff said:

Ross Callachan. 

:gok:

PHM but if we're signing guys that weren't good enough 4 years ago, we're really ****ed. 

If some folk on here had their way it would be a midfield of Robinson, Holt, callachan with Morrison and Moore on the wings. 

Cracking stuff. 

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Still really hoping Savage isn’t the type to make signing preparations and then tell his mates about them, so they then come on here and spout it so we can have some surprise signings pop up on the Hearts feed out of nowhere.

Saying that, I do love a genuine ITK rumour. Doesn’t seem like we have anything so far that would be seen as one though.

To be fair, one thing that has surprised me is the lack of names in the press and on here. The press are surprisingly quiet considering how big a summer we have in recruitment, and the names on here have been mainly Campbell with 1 or 2 others. 

Does seem like we are keeping our cards close.

The Tackle
Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Nobody said anything about knowing who we are signing. We're discussing who we would like. 

I'm glad none of us have anything to do with recruitment at Hearts then, Callaghan ffs

30 minutes ago, DH1986 said:

Ross Callachan will probably end up at Livingston.

That has the right feel to it - he'd do well there.  Could also see him doing well for Yogi up at Ross County.  His type of player.

I like Ross, and to say that's his level is in no way an insult - he's done very very well.  Wouldn't really want him back but what I would say is that if we'd kept the likes of him, Edwards and I'd go back to Kitchen too, we wouldn't be in our current mess.  We had perfectly solid guys we could have relied on and replaced them with guys who were nothing more than a good idea.

I know I've contradicted myself there - wouldn't want him back/should have kept him!  But what I mean is we shouldn't be so quick to move on guys who are solid and give our squad some backbone until we know their replacements are of any standard.  Hard thing to do right?  Like you need to free budget to sign someone like Damour, but then we let players go we could have depended on to do so.  Our squad planning has been hugely flawed for a good while... come on Joe - fix us!!

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, The Tackle said:

I'm glad none of us have anything to do with recruitment at Hearts then, Callaghan ffs

Dont think anyone wants him. He's came up in a story in the Sun saying Livi are in for him and that we've apparently expressed an interest. 

David Black
6 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Agree with these two posts, bringing back Ross Callachan would be a negative move from us imo. If he had been good enough to have a career at Tynecastle I don't think we would have released him originally, and I say that while accepting that he was here during a period we were very much up and down.

I've not really thought much about potential players arriving over this Summer, as I've no idea what type of players Joe Savage feels wil benefit the club. Maybe I'm out on my own here but I actually think we have some decent players already on our books, and we only seem to have been getting something out of them since Savage met with some of our better players and the manager, and the way in which we were playing changed almost instantly.

If we are looking at any players we have to be sure that them arriving will not involve a total restructure of how the team then plays, late on in the season we saw the team playing better and players to come in shoud be able to function within that style of play and potentially take it to the next level.

Do we need another penalty box player alongside Liam Boyce for example, without moving away from playing decent football on the ground. Do we have to allocate a midfield position to someone who would be more of a destructive player, a ball winner who can then let those around him use it to our benefit, or is that a position that Halliday might blossom in during the coming season. Do we have to look for a new right back if some of the stories I've heard about Michael Smith possibly moving back to the Bristol area for the benefit of his family, or is the loanee up at Cove ready to slot into that position. Do we need to look at another central defender to be able to rotate/utilise the likes of Souttar, Halkett and A N Other depending on the opposition. A lot of things to be thought about, and we just have to hope we get it right, and that in future transfer windows ins and outs are reduced to a bare minimum as the basic infrastructure is then in place to both compete and succeed.

"We only seem to have been getting something out of them since Savage met with some of our better players and the manager, and the way in which we were playing changed almost instantly."  Do you know that for a fact?

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

To be fair, one thing that has surprised me is the lack of names in the press and on here. The press are surprisingly quiet considering how big a summer we have in recruitment, and the names on here have been mainly Campbell with 1 or 2 others. 

Does seem like we are keeping our cards close.

Aye, Cambpell and Dunne.  Campbell is very obvious (though my fingers are crossed that Daza is legit on this!), and Dunne is no more than who we want - no substance.

Mind you in Jan, I think Findlay started on here as just who we wanted and I'm not sure if we saw it actually rumoured to be happening on here first or it all came out at the point he actually turned us down??  No doubt one of the ITKers will point out they broke it, which would be fair enough.

Nookie Bear
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

That has the right feel to it - he'd do well there.  Could also see him doing well for Yogi up at Ross County.  His type of player.

I like Ross, and to say that's his level is in no way an insult - he's done very very well.  Wouldn't really want him back but what I would say is that if we'd kept the likes of him, Edwards and I'd go back to Kitchen too, we wouldn't be in our current mess.  We had perfectly solid guys we could have relied on and replaced them with guys who were nothing more than a good idea.

I know I've contradicted myself there - wouldn't want him back/should have kept him!  But what I mean is we shouldn't be so quick to move on guys who are solid and give our squad some backbone until we know their replacements are of any standard.  Hard thing to do right?  Like you need to free budget to sign someone like Damour, but then we let players go we could have depended on to do so.  Our squad planning has been hugely flawed for a good while... come on Joe - fix us!!

Basically we got rid of guys unafraid to roll their sleeves up and win the midfield in favour of players who have good passing stats.

Bazzas right boot
7 minutes ago, portobellojambo1 said:

Yip, we have the foundation to move forward and quickly. 

2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Agreed and imo Our biggest problem has not been moving on mediocre players, it's been the replacing them with worse that has been the issue. 

Djoum-Lee- whelan was a good way of highlighting that trend imo. 

16 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Callaghan was a good grafter and he appreciated playing for Hearts, so he always put in the effort. He's improved since he played for us too and has been hitting the gym, so looks a lot fitter and stronger. 

I still don't want him back though. He's just not at that level. I'm thinking he'll end up at Livi, Kilmarnock, St Johnstone because that's about his level. Not Hearts. 

We need to do better. Would absolutely love if we could get one over on Hibs and snap up Jackson Irvine, and Alen Halilovic would still be an absolute topper of a signing. 

Josh McEachran / MK Dons might be worth a shout as well although he's 28. 

Allen hallilovic , where'd you pluck that name from?

Very generally speaking but always admired the Croatian national team and often their players seem to have a tenacity about them.

Just now, Nookie Bear said:

Basically we got rid of guys unafraid to roll their sleeves up and win the midfield in favour of players who have good passing stats.

Yeah pretty much.  We did bring in Haring, but he was brought in as a CH so wasn't planned really! (not a dig, he's great in mid, so worked out great).

I don't disagree with us trying to up the quality of the squad, obviously.  I just think we've been far too ruthless in getting rid of some solid dig from our squad to do so.  Let it overlap at least if possible.  It's rebuild rebuild rebuild.  Baby out with bathwater so often.

Leveins Battalion
17 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Hearts will target players that Savage knows and has worked with before.   Billy Bodin would certainly fit the bill.   In fact, since he is now without a club, I wouldn't be surprised if overtures have already been made.
Jayden Stockley would be another plausible target.

That's just not true is it,GMS,McEneff and Gnaduillet have never worked with Savage and thats our last 3 signings.

Again rather than post random names read what soundbites the club is giving,Young players under 26.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***