***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

SidewaysFitba

Since we don't have millions to spend and since young strikers are thin on the ground, would anyone take a punt on James Wilson?   🤷‍♂️
Only 25, out of contract, scored ten goals in 29 games for Salford City.   
I get that he had a less than sublime spell at Aberdeen, but he won't be the first.   

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

SidewaysFitba
6 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

He’s a player that’s always impressed me,maybe took the German option too early in his career. Could be a Scottish international if he finds the right club

Maybe Stendel could put a word in 👀

SidewaysFitba
10 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

😂😂😂 he impressed you when we played Inverness?

The only player to impress was the Young laddie on loan from Rangers.

Yes, he seems a good prospect.  We should have signed him.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Famous 1874 said:

What if Gordon gets injured? Surely we can’t afford to take that risk. Signed a proven shite goalie. 

A guy that’s had injury problems in the past, at 38 and training all summer without a decent break, what could go wrong 🤔
Would we sign a shit player in another position to sit on the bench?

Don’t answer that 🙈.,

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

What if Gordon gets injured? Surely we can’t afford to take that risk. Signed a proven shite goalie. 

What if Boyce does? We're Hearts not ****ing Man City. I said this when people first got their undies in a twist when Stewart signs - I wouldn't swap our 3 goalies for anyone's apart from Rangers. We have Scotland's No. 1 and our best young prospect. We literally just need a cheap bench warmer the lads like and who will probably do an ok job when called on/ Did Jamie Mac or our other back-up goalies never make mistakes? What about Gordon against Falkirk?

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, SidewaysFitba said:

Yes, he seems a good prospect.  We should have signed him.

Perhaps we've got better options in the pipeline? I'd take GMS and Ginnelly over him personally.

Pasquale for King
34 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Years mate🤣

After 7 trophy less seasons hahahahaha I love it 😆

Vlad the impaler
3 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Maybe Stendel could put a word in 👀

We can speculate who we’d all want but ultimately it’s down to our amazing scouting network and Robbie Neilson....what could go wrong 

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

A guy that’s had injury problems in the past, at 38 and training all summer without a decent break, what could go wrong 🤔
Would we sign a shit player in another position to sit on the bench?

Don’t answer that 🙈.,

Gordon is not injury prone. He's had one major injury in his career. Since then he's missed 17 games in 7 years playing at the very top. He's not had an injury in two years. He's as likely to get injured as any player. His age means nothing for a goalie of his quality. he could easily be our No. 1 at 40.

Edited by ToqueJambo

Guest ToqueJambo
9 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

You’re not getting it! Take stone out the equation because next season is too soon for him. We need a decent back up that is CAPABLE to potentially play in big games/Derby’s/cup games as CG may not be available/fit for the whole season. Can you imagine playing a cup final with Ross Stewart in goals🙄

Why may CG not be available/fit for the whole season? That could apply to any player. 

SidewaysFitba

Hearts didn't create enough last season, so lets look to players that can create chances and/or get us goals.   
Teams in Scotland cant cope with good attacking players.   
How about Marvin Johnson?  Bit older than I'd like at 30, but you can't have everything.   
Currently at 'Boro, out of contract in the summer.

SidewaysFitba
7 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Perhaps we've got better options in the pipeline? I'd take GMS and Ginnelly over him personally.

Let's hope so.

7 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

You really think newspapers have made up quotes from an interview with Jason Kerr? Mentalist. 

Mentalist, really. Jason did not say he wanted to extend his contract. He did say his future is with St Johnstone, he has a year left on his contract after all.

Vlad the impaler
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Why may CG not be available/fit for the whole season? That could apply to any player. 

Outfield players you can move about to accommodate your needs,you have two goalkeepers. Or in our case one because Ross Stewart is a training cone

SidewaysFitba

If we're looking for freebie strikers, there's not much out there that's Scottish or English tbh.   
I can get the call to bring KL back, but at 34, he is too old for Hearts now imo.  Ship sailed etc.   
Conor Shields, while out of contract, would be a punt.   
Waghorn would do well for us tho, I think he'd go right in and play well straight away.  He'd have to take a big pay cut to come here tho.   

Moult scored a lot of goals for 'Well once upon a time, but that was a long while ago now and he's had a serious injury since.    🤔

3 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

In other news:

Andy Irving - just given him the best terms we want to offer him.  It is a take it or leave it offer. It seems likely he will move on. European clubs interested and will not incur any development fee.

Steven Naismith - been told his playing time is likely to be reduced and is deciding his options. 

Liam Boyce - club aware of interest from english league 1 side, no offer been made. Club want to keep him. If an acceptable offer is made and he wants the move we won't block it but unlikely to receive the value we have and player is happy to stay. 

Craig Halkett - interest from Motherwell, St Johnstone and couple of english sides.  Wont step in the way of any move. Would require a fee but unlikely to be 7 figures. 

Loic Damour, Zlamal, Mihai Popesku likely to leave. Wont be offered deals.

Kastaneer away.

Contract offered to Ginnelly.

Contract extension offered to Souttar.

Well given Popescu has one more year left on his current deal and Damour 2 I doubt they would be given new deals...of course Zlamals contract is up this summer

SidewaysFitba

Maybe an old chestnut, but I wouldn't mind us taking a shot on Ryan Gauld.   He's only 25 and out of contract, he's a creative type that we should at least consider.   👍

6 minutes ago, pointon said:

Any who apparently Kyle Turner is or will be signing for us

finally a rumour! 
don’t know a lot about the lad, anyone care to speculate where he’d fit in? who’s place he’d get? 

(unashamed ‘cannae be ersed googling him’ type post) 

SidewaysFitba

Isn't Alan Campbell just another defensive mid?  I don't watch a lot of 'Well tbf.  What's he done that's impressed you?   

SidewaysFitba
1 minute ago, cocobeab said:

finally a rumour! 
don’t know a lot about the lad, anyone care to speculate where he’d fit in? who’s place he’d get? 

(unashamed ‘cannae be ersed googling him’ type post) 

He's so guid that the Pars loaned him out to Airdrie.

10 minutes ago, pointon said:

On loan at airdrie from Dunfermline. He was one of their better players so was strange he was loaned out. Rumours of a fallout with Crawford 

Pasquale for King
21 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Gordon is not injury prone. He's had one major injury in his career. Since then he's missed 17 games in 7 years playing at the very top. He's not had an injury in two years. He's as likely to get injured as any player. His age means nothing for a goalie of his quality. he could easily be our No. 1 at 40.

Did I say he was injury prone? Can you try and read again what I said.

He’s 38 and will have trained non stop for year in August with another 50 games to play hopefully next season without a proper break. It wouldn’t be a shock if he had a few niggles, Stewart has somehow went from 3rd choice at Livi to back up with us, he was pretty poor against Brora & QoTS. It’s quite normal to question his suitability. 

Just now, Newton51 said:

On loan at airdrie from Dunfermline. He was one of their better players so was strange he was loaned out. Rumours of a fallout with Crawford 

Aye, supposedly after he didn’t want to sign another contract 

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Exactly. Do we not sign able back ups to stand in?

2 minutes ago, biffy said:

Aye, supposedly after he didn’t want to sign another contract 

He did win player of the month in November. Haven’t seen enough of him to comment 

16 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Well given Popescu has one more year left on his current deal and Damour 2 I doubt they would be given new deals...of course Zlamals contract is up this summer

They have been told if they find new clubs they can leave.

SidewaysFitba

I think Hearts need a marquee type signing to lift the mood among fans.   
Atm, the fans aren't motivated by the board or manager, so its going to have to come from the players we sign up.  
We probably need one that has a bit of a wow factor.

Pasquale for King
22 minutes ago, pointon said:

Looks a bit slight. 

BackOfTheNet

Sounds odd considering the top league hasn’t technically finished yet (playoff still to come) but it seems like we really need a decent announcement soon. Hope it happens. Would be amazing if the ITK chat has dried up because no leaks and a surprise scarf over the head comes out of nowhere. Have my doubts mind you.

Batistuta87
44 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Since we don't have millions to spend and since young strikers are thin on the ground, would anyone take a punt on James Wilson?   🤷‍♂️
Only 25, out of contract, scored ten goals in 29 games for Salford City.   
I get that he had a less than sublime spell at Aberdeen, but he won't be the first.   

I was quite jealous when Aberdeen signed him but he was humpty. Has done a lot better at Salford but that's a much lower level than us so think it would be a no from me. 

Would probably prefer someone like Chris Long, Devante Cole or Connor Shields. 

Actually I'd prefer a first choice striker and for Gnando to become the backup, but I have no idea what's happening in that space. 

I have however just clocked this lad on Transfermrkt. Immigration / Visa rules permitting, he could be an interesting one

578A6E26-6E8D-4427-BA98-330A3AF4A8A2.jpeg

Edited by Batistuta87

8 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

They have been told if they find new clubs they can leave.

Not what you posted

SidewaysFitba
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

I was quite jealous when Aberdeen signed him but he was humpty. Has done a lot better at Salford but that's a much lower level than us so think it would be a no from me. 

Would probably prefer someone like Chris Long, Devante Cole or Connor Shields. 

Actually I'd prefer a first choice striker and for Gnando to become the backup, but I have no idea what's happening in that space. 

I have however just clocked this lad on Transfermrkt. Immigration / Visa rules permitting, he could be an interesting one

578A6E26-6E8D-4427-BA98-330A3AF4A8A2.jpeg

I dunno if Salford City is a MUCH lower level than what we will play most weeks tbh.   
Esp the bottom six.  
But yeah, he was a lad well rated that didn't shine during his loan spell at Aberdeen.    
Not heard of the player you've rustled up tbh.   
I used to like Greg Stewart as a player, good technical footballer.   Getting on a bit now and not really a striker as such.   

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

I dunno if Salford City is a MUCH lower level than what we will play most weeks tbh.   
Esp the bottom six.  
But yeah, he was a lad well rated that didn't shine during his loan spell at Aberdeen.    
Not heard of the player you've rustled up tbh.   
I used to like Greg Stewart as a player, good technical footballer.   Getting on a bit now and not really a striker as such.   

True, but we need someone who will consistently perform and who will also step up in the big games. 

Haven't heard of him either, just saw him on the free agents list, simile market value other SPL strikers but still young. Could be something there.

Highly doubt the club will have even looked at someone like this though. 

26 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

Refused to extend is contract 

SidewaysFitba

McEneff was said to have a great midfield understanding with Jack Byrne when they played together.   
JB signed for Mick McCarthy over in Cyprus, but MM got fired not long after.   
Sometimes certain players just gel well together.   
It could be worth sounding out JB's club to see if a deal can be done.   
Many even felt he was the better of the two players when together.  And god knows our midfield needs work!❤

SidewaysFitba
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

True, but we need someone who will consistently perform and who will also step up in the big games. 

Haven't heard of him either, just saw him on the free agents list, simile market value other SPL strikers but still young. Could be something there.

Tbh, I know its been done to death, but I really would take a punt on Cummings.  
I get a sense he would come good for Hearts, esp in big games, esp v Hibs.   
He's been quite prolific for Dundee since going there, and he's by no means old.   

4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

He’s an obscure 21 year old in the Netherlands without a club, why would the club have looked at him? They can’t check out every player in Europe and a lot of your suggestions have been more than a little left, field to be kind. 

SidewaysFitba

Pretty sure Savage brought Jayden Stockley to Preston, would you take him?  He's only 27 - not old.  
Big powerful guy, 6'2, a unit in the mold of a Sam Cosgrove.   
I get that he didn't score many when at Aberdeen years ago.   But, he went on loan to Charlton and scored about ten in 20 games.  
And when at Exeter he scored 41 goals in 66 games.  Good going by any standard tbf.   

Jackson Irvine would be a fantastic signing out of contract over there and their best midfielder:  why not try make it happen? 

10 minutes ago, pointon said:

We tried to get Turner in January that led to the fallout with the player and Dunfermline 

That was Hibs. 100%. It’s why he ended up at a former captain of theirs side. 

Edited by Last Laff

Just now, CJGJ said:

Martin Boyle has a £500,000 release clause in his contract

And a £5000 doormat on his napper. 

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

Jackson Irvine would be a fantastic signing out of contract over there and their best midfielder:  why not try make it happen? 

Absolutely, would be good to get one over them too. 

SidewaysFitba

Billy Bodin could be a shout given that Savage brought him to PNE and he has just been released.   He plays as a forward or as an attacking midfielder.   
Joe Rafferty is another one I can see JS wanting to bring in.  Can operate as a full-back and as a midfielder.  Maybe Tom Bayliss as well.

Kirky Jambo
26 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Tbh, I know its been done to death, but I really would take a punt on Cummings.  
I get a sense he would come good for Hearts, esp in big games, esp v Hibs.   
He's been quite prolific for Dundee since going there, and he's by no means old.   

Agree. Definitely rather him than a random punt from overseas or even down south.

18 minutes ago, Last Laff said:

That was Hibs. 100%. It’s why he ended up at a former captain of theirs side. 

His manager at Dunfermline was a former hibby means nothing

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***