***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

18 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He also knows everything going on at Hibs and Inverness. He must be the most well connected poster on kickback. 

Or Terry Butcher 😂

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pasquale for King
19 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

So happy I know nothing and don't actually need to  :lol:

It would be better for all of us if you knew something, anything will do 😜

Can’t wait for a whole summer of speculation of 

Sam Nicholson 

Jimmy Dunne 

Jason Cummings 

Kyle Lafferty 

Allan Campbell 

Callum Butcher 

Louis Moult 

Patterson from Rangers or Paterson from Sheff Wed coming on loan 

I hope I’ve not missed anyone. 

Batistuta87
6 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Sam Nicholson 

Jimmy Dunne 

Jason Cummings 

Kyle Lafferty 

Allan Campbell 

Callum Butcher 

Louis Moult 

Zeefuik 

1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

About as informative as yours.where are the Arsenal guys?🤔

I've already answered this for you, several times. Please let me explain it again for you as you clearly struggle to take in information, ironic really.

Austin was the one who had a contact at Arsenal, same way he did with Burnley, Man City and Man Utd. You may even remember we had an invitational tournament which involved some of these clubs. The invitational tournament and potential academy link ups were Austin's doing. It was likely we would get a player from Arsenal on loan through Austin's connections. He managed to get Smith-Brown, Mitchell and Dunne on loans through his contacts. He was removed from his position at the time of agreeing a loan from arsenal this is why it never materialised. 

I hope you will consider this to be the simplest way i can put it for you, and for it to be the last time you need to ask again.

Guest ToqueJambo
1 minute ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Sam Nicholson 

Jimmy Dunne 

Jason Cummings 

Kyle Lafferty 

Allan Campbell 

Callum Butcher 

Louis Moult 

Would take the ones in bold in a heartbeat.

Jordan McGhee

Liam Lindsay

Anyone else who's played for PNE in the last few years

Bruce Anderson

Anyone decent at Hamilton

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It would be better for all of us if you knew something, anything will do 😜

Hibs are always going to be shit, I do know this 

1 hour ago, jr ewing said:

Just one or two good ones. Forget trying to save money on nobodies. 

Yeah, we need to be much more disciplined in who we go for in the transfer market. I know Neilson didn't expect Frear to fail so spectacularly, but we cannot be encouraging such wasteful signings. Not only did Frear take thousands out of the club in wages, but he also blocked the progress and opportunities Moore should have had. The one year deal speaks volumes about the confidence prior to signing him (i.e not high, do a job right now). 

We cannot be signing no marks whose only redeeming quality is 'experience'.  When there is an opportunity to give youth a chance, the culture needs to be to err on the side of the academy. 

May also be an idea to keep an eye on whose getting released from the academies of the top clubs down south and the best youngsters in the (Scottish) Championship. Hearts should be a club where player development is something we're thought positively for. If we're signing 30 year old no marks, that doesn't fit in with that process. Sure, guys like Gordon, Cowie, Berra, Naismith, Hughes etc. can add value

1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Would take the ones in bold in a heartbeat.

Jordan McGhee

Liam Lindsay

Anyone else who's played for PNE in the last few years

Bruce Anderson

Anyone decent at Hamilton

Ross Callachan 

SidewaysFitba

Never got the love in with Jimmy Dunne tbh.  I watched him in all his games at Hearts, to me he looked error prone and clumsy.   He'd want substantial wages as well.   I'd like to see us try for Cédric Kipré, an absolute unit of a defender.   Even if we cant get him permanent, a loan would be ok.

Max Anderson at Dundee looks like a midfielder that could be developed and improve here.   A good instinct to get forward.    Only 20.    👍

4 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Never got the love in with Jimmy Dunne tbh.  I watched him in all his games at Hearts, to me he looked error prone and clumsy.   He'd want substantial wages as well.   I'd like to see us try for Cédric Kipré, an absolute unit of a defender.   Even if we cant get him permanent, a loan would be ok.

Max Anderson at Dundee looks like a midfielder that could be developed and improve here.   A good instinct to get forward.    Only 20.    👍

Is he still at Wigan ? They spend some big money on him or was it West Brom ? 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, we need to be much more disciplined in who we go for in the transfer market. I know Neilson didn't expect Frear to fail so spectacularly, but we cannot be encouraging such wasteful signings. Not only did Frear take thousands out of the club in wages, but he also blocked the progress and opportunities Moore should have had. The one year deal speaks volumes about the confidence prior to signing him (i.e not high, do a job right now). 

We cannot be signing no marks whose only redeeming quality is 'experience'.  When there is an opportunity to give youth a chance, the culture needs to be to err on the side of the academy. 

May also be an idea to keep an eye on whose getting released from the academies of the top clubs down south and the best youngsters in the (Scottish) Championship. Hearts should be a club where player development is something we're thought positively for. If we're signing 30 year old no marks, that doesn't fit in with that process. Sure, guys like Gordon, Cowie, Berra, Naismith, Hughes etc. can add value

I think Neilson explained he wanted older heads for this campaign. I think he took that too far but it wasn't a normal campaign to be fair. Neilson will have known Moore very well after having him as a youngster in his first spell. He gave him his debut.

21 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Sam Nicholson 

Jimmy Dunne 

Jason Cummings 

Kyle Lafferty 

Allan Campbell 

Callum Butcher 

Louis Moult 

Toby Sibbick 

SidewaysFitba

Wide players were a big let down this season.   I'd let to see us go for Barrie Mackay.   Miles better than any of the wide players we had this season.  Only 26 so his best days in front of him.   Probably within our sort of price range.

Connor Shields would be a low cost gamble.   Only 24.  👍

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, OTT said:

I don't think Frear and Moore is a great example. Frear would have cost next to nothing and Moore couldn't even get development at Arbroath. 

In the grand scheme of things not really a disaster. 

Damour on the other hand.  Not certain what talent isn't getting through, quite a subjective argument, best method for most clubs it seems is still to send out on loan, but not many thriving, say the way even Walker did when he was younger 

Mr Brightside
2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

In other news:

Andy Irving - just given him the best terms we want to offer him.  It is a take it or leave it offer. It seems likely he will move on. European clubs interested and will not incur any development fee.

Why would there be no development fee. If we offer a contract are we not then in a position to receive a development fee. I know the MLS somehow get around this but European teams should still pay it.

10 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Dunne is an excellent player. Sell on value as well. 

SidewaysFitba
6 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Is he still at Wigan ? They spend some big money on him or was it West Brom ? 

He is at W Brom, was on loan to a Belgian side last term.   

14 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

I agree with this but I would also say he is 2 years older and more experienced if you count sitting on Burnley's bench as "experience"

Edited by JamboAl

15 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

You are in a club of one if you think Dunne was error prone or clumsy 😂🤣😅

He was an absolute giant for us, can't think of any moments he gave me the fear...the exact opposite tbf, complete confidence and played with a desire and passion to boot...

Bizarre comments from you 🤪😬🤕

Pasquale for King
20 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hibs are always going to be shit, I do know this 

State the bleeding obvious 😜

SidewaysFitba

I don't see Nando as a regular starter next season.   I think he'll find himself demoted to being the 'awkward big sub that we can bring off the bench'.   
I fully expect Hearts to sign at least one good striker.   
Conor Shields is out of contract, there aren't any others who are Scottish, good, and out of contract.

Waghorn was a name bandied around.   He'd score goals for Hearts I'm sure of it.   He is 31 tho and I would like to see the age of the team come down.

Pasquale for King
23 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Yeah Kipre isn’t clumsy or error prone, would be in the stand most weeks playing for us. 

SidewaysFitba
6 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

He was an absolute giant for us, can't think of any moments he gave me the fear...the exact opposite tbf, complete confidence and played with a desire and passion to boot...

Bud, calm down eh?  Its a game of opinions.  👍

SidewaysFitba
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yeah Kipre isn’t clumsy or error prone, would be in the stand most weeks playing for us. 

Why?  

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Couple of good goals too - what I thought we were getting with Halkett. Still can't believe he just got the one goal this season, at this level.

SidewaysFitba

Do you think The Rangers would be prepared to sell us Kai Kennedy?  Really liked the look of the lad when he turned out for Caley and Raith.  Not sure why he didn't feature in their play off games.   He'll likely never get a game for Rangers, despite signing a new deal.    Sort of lad who would excite fans with his trickery imo.   👍

1 hour ago, Leveins Battalion said:

So 1 agent knows the in's and outs of potentially 3 separate Hearts targets who potentially have 3 different agents and thought I'm gonna tell Lfhearts 😂😂😂😂

Away min.

You are unbelievable but I will let it go, believe what the xxxx you want I actually don't care. We get Campbell I would be delighted but am 90% certain it won't happen. Daz said we never lost out to Hibs for Mackay but we did, that has made me doubt Daz.

Pasquale for King

Why?  

Yellow and red cards, cast your mind back to how many bookings we get in the top league. The guy was actually dangerous but did crock that diving ******* Edouard 😆

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Turkishcap said:

Hearing Harry Kane wants away from Spurs.

Is turkey an hour behind 😜?

Famous 1874

My mate seems to think Allan Campbell is Hibs bound. I personally suspect he will go down south. 

Also reckon we won’t announce season tickets until there is some good news, I.e Ginnelly signs & Souttar extends his contract.  

Jason Kerr, a player who is mentioned quite often on here said today that he wants to sign an extension at St Johnstone. 

If we have missed out on our main 3 targets as one poster suggested, then we could really be scraping down the barrel I fear. We are not as attractive now because everyone inside and outside the club knows that we are a laughing stock. Budge is an idiot, Murray a clown and Arnott clueless. 3 major roles in a football club. 

Rogue Daddy
1 minute ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Do you think The Rangers would be prepared to sell us Kai Kennedy?  Really liked the look of the lad when he turned out for Caley and Raith.  Not sure why he didn't feature in their play off games.   He'll likely never get a game for Rangers, despite signing a new deal.    Sort of lad who would excite fans with his trickery imo.   👍

Good shout. He caught my eye this season also! Caused us problems. 

Pasquale for King

Will they not need him to win the league with their Colts? 
They’re bound to have a few looking to get away, apart from Paterson slippy G plays less youngsters than Neilson. 

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

You are unbelievable but I will let it go, believe what the xxxx you want I actually don't care. We get Campbell I would be delighted but am 90% certain it won't happen. Daz said we never lost out to Hibs for Mackay but we did, that has made me doubt Daz.

We weren't in for Mackay. He was watched by us months ago. We were at some development games but another player caught our interest.  

Pasquale for King
Just now, Famous 1874 said:

My mate seems to think Allan Campbell is Hibs bound. I personally suspect he will go down south. 

Also reckon we won’t announce season tickets until there is some good news, I.e Ginnelly signs & Souttar extends his contract.  

Jason Kerr, a player who is mentioned quite often on here said today that he wants to sign an extension at St Johnstone. 

If we have missed out on our main 3 targets as one poster suggested, then we could really be scraping down the barrel I fear. We are not as attractive now because everyone inside and outside the club knows that we are a laughing stock. Budge is an idiot, Murray a clown and Arnott clueless. 3 major roles in a football club. 

Spot on. I said that to someone today about the STs. 

Leveins Battalion
3 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

No we never,source John Robertson.🤷‍♂️

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Couple of good goals too - what I thought we were getting with Halkett. Still can't believe he just got the one goal this season, at this level.

Was that not in the cup? Hence the strange decision to let him take a penalty?

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

We weren't in for Mackay. He was watched by us months ago. We were at some development games but another player caught our interest.  

Can you tell us the player we signed on a pre-contract back in January now the season has finished? 

SidewaysFitba

Neilson will be setting himself up to fail if he relies on that boy as our 2nd choice keeper.  
We were fortunate CG remained fit for all of last term, but all it takes is one injury and we're relying on that plant pot to keep goal.   
With that being said, I wouldn't spend  fortunes on a back up keeper.   
Just a known safe pair of hands would do.   Even Jaimie Mac if he would commit to some weight loss.

Just now, Leveins Battalion said:

No we never,source John Robertson.🤷‍♂️

If it was a choice between us and them I'm fairly sure Robbo would have had a word, or McCann. We watched him months ago but he will be lucky to get a level higher than Hibs. 

SidewaysFitba
7 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yellow and red cards, cast your mind back to how many bookings we get in the top league. The guy was actually dangerous but did crock that diving ******* Edouard 😆

I can't see the future my dude, what I do know is that he is everything Halkett would love to be but never will be.  No one would bully or dominate CK in Scotland.👍

SidewaysFitba
5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Will they not need him to win the league with their Colts? 
They’re bound to have a few looking to get away, apart from Paterson slippy G plays less youngsters than Neilson. 

I'd like to see the lad here. He's the type to get fans off their seats and commit defenders.  👍

3 minutes ago, theshed said:

Can you tell us the player we signed on a pre-contract back in January now the season has finished? 

If it is the same name a Pars fan told me recently he is still playing in the playoffs so wouldn't be named till they are over

Guest ToqueJambo
3 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Is that why someone of Craig Gordon's stature joined us? And someone highly rated like Joe Savage? Or Elijah Adebayo who agreed to join us and who seems to be a talent? We're not a laughing stick you daftie. What if Hibs fail to sign Canmpbell and Kerr. Will that make them a laughing stock? (Sorry, more of a laughing stick than usual)>

Guest ToqueJambo
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Was that not in the cup? Hence the strange decision to let him take a penalty?

It was but hardly the most damaging penalty miss we've seen.

Pasquale for King

I can't see the future my dude, what I do know is that he is everything Halkett would love to be but never will be.  No one would bully or dominate CK in Scotland.👍

Better than Halkett but most are. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***