***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

15 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Lots to digest, will try and summarise our position below: 

IF Campbell does want to come here he has an initial sense of the figures on offer from us. 

Motherwell have an interest in Jordan Roberts and Craig Halkett. We have other interest in Halkett who will not be part of any Campbell swap deal. Roberts can be used as a negotiation towards Campbell's development fee. 

Roberts swap deal is not a key factor in our pursuit of Campbell. It is just our preferred option at this moment. 

IF Campbell is willing to commit to a longer term contract with a view of being sold on then any funds required (i.e - development fee) would be paid externally and not from any of the clubs accounts. It comes down to the player. If the player is happy to come here and the club can be protected contract wise then we will do it regardless.

Ideally Roberts can be used for a lower cost to the club. If Campbell is happy to sign a long-term deal and protect the club then the funds will be paid externally.  In this case we would sign him on pre-contract and then put it to a tribunal for the development fee which would be paid from outside the club. In most cases a tribunal will reduce the amount due. 

Doesn't make sense

If Campbell's development fee won't be coming from the club, then why would Roberts transfer to Motherwell lower the development fee for the club? 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

In other news:

Andy Irving - just given him the best terms we want to offer him.  It is a take it or leave it offer. It seems likely he will move on. European clubs interested and will not incur any development fee.

Steven Naismith - been told his playing time is likely to be reduced and is deciding his options. 

Liam Boyce - club aware of interest from english league 1 side, no offer been made. Club want to keep him. If an acceptable offer is made and he wants the move we won't block it but unlikely to receive the value we have and player is happy to stay. 

Craig Halkett - interest from Motherwell, St Johnstone and couple of english sides.  Wont step in the way of any move. Would require a fee but unlikely to be 7 figures. 

Loic Damour, Zlamal, Mihai Popesku likely to leave. Wont be offered deals.

Kastaneer away.

Contract offered to Ginnelly.

Contract extension offered to Souttar.

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

In other news:

Andy Irving - just given him the best terms we want to offer him.  It is a take it or leave it offer. It seems likely he will move on. European clubs interested and will not incur any development fee.

Steven Naismith - been told his playing time is likely to be reduced and is deciding his options. 

Liam Boyce - club aware of interest from english league 1 side, no offer been made. Club want to keep him. If an acceptable offer is made and he wants the move we won't block it but unlikely to receive the value we have and player is happy to stay. 

Craig Halkett - interest from Motherwell, St Johnstone and couple of english sides.  Wont step in the way of any move. Would require a fee but unlikely to be 7 figures. 

Kastaneer away.

Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles could have sussed all of that out 

4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

In other news:

Kastaneer away.

Cheers. You mean unlikely to be 6 figured though aye?

Agentjambo
3 minutes ago, pointon said:

👏👏👏

12 minutes ago, pointon said:

Hi Daz surely this would have been long negotiated before now considering the amount of interest in the player?

We have been interested for months. Likely to have had some discussions previously 

3 minutes ago, jamboj said:

Doesn't make sense

If Campbell's development fee won't be coming from the club, then why would Roberts transfer to Motherwell lower the development fee for the club? 

The external funds will only be made available if the Roberts swap deal doesn't work.  We have funds in the playing budget to use. It will be a low amount. The external funds will only be accepted in a scenario where the player swap doesn't work 

Daza just quality especially the bit about Halkett not commanding seven figures lol.

Anyway my source says we lost out on our first three signing targets.

11 minutes ago, pointon said:

Someone’s got to say it. Might as well be me. Blind isn’t the same thing as stupid.

Just now, Lfhearts said:

Daza just quality especially the bit about Halkett not commanding seven figures lol.

My source that being myself reckons we will be scrapping the barrel 

7 minutes ago, Agentjambo said:

👏👏👏

Terrific input from yourself as usual. You must get notifications for my posts.  Another informative and interesting post well done.

1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Who's your source? Agent? Or your pal porty?

18 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

In other news:

Kastaneer away.

Halkett for Jason Kerr straight swap would be nice. 

59 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, I mean the depth is light, but tbh with the financial constraints we have (as a non-OF team) I'd rather try and sign the best 11 we can afford and lean heavily on the academy. Of course, its risky in that injuries could derail us, but I think its an opportunity to show some faith in youngsters. The likes of Connor Smith, Henderson and others have build up a couple of seasons experience now so should be more than capable to be called upon. 

I posted this team before but I genuinely think this is a team that will bounce to 3rd immediately. 

Gordon

Smith Souttar Halkett Dunne Kingsley

Haring Campbell

Boyce

GMS Gino

Thats with a bench of Walker, Halliday, Gnando, Naisy and McEneff plus various youngsters. Looking at it, the weakest links are Smith & Halkett, which isn't a bad position to be in. We could probably improve on Smith at RB anyway with someone more attacking and move him to Halketts position which would really strengthen our first 11. 

Just one or two good ones. Forget trying to save money on nobodies. 

adambraejambo
5 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Who were the 3 then? If we lost out no harm in naming them now. 

Just now, dazajmbo said:

Terrific input from yourself as usual. You must get notifications for my posts.  Another informative and interesting post well done.

Massive pinch of salt if it’s that hendolad ? Who reported Boaby Nellsen to be sacked and a new manager coming in 😂

Rogue Daddy
21 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

In other news:

Kastaneer away.

👍cheers mate!

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, adambraejambo said:

Who were the 3 then? If we lost out no harm in naming them now. 

Roy of the Rovers,Sean Bean and Porto.😄

9 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

Was clearly a mistake. The bit about 7 figures I mean 

2 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Massive pinch of salt if it’s that hendolad ? Who reported Boaby Nellsen to be sacked and a new manager coming in 😂

Mad bob. 

Seems like lovengoo has become an agent.

4 hours ago, jambonian said:

Like i've said before, there are three types of free agents.

The ones from crap clubs that get released because they're not even good enough for that particular club anyway. (Frears and Popescus)

The ones that are at the arse-end of their careers looking for one last pay-day (Berras, Naismiths, Gordons)

Then the ones who are young but need to get away from their club to refresh their careers. (Jimmy Dunne types)

We sign the first and second types but not the third.

(Basically the hopeless and the old. Not young, hungry and ambitious)

The second types are (mostly) fine as they offer experience, the first types should be nowhere near Tynecastle, the third types should be our target market as there's potential big sell-on fees a few seasons down the line. 

It's all about showing some ambition by signing third type frees, improving the squad and bringing some cash in a while later. Not bloating the squad with happy-just-to-get-a-wage types who go through the motions.

Any ideas of the names of that type of player and what their cost would be?

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

How about your hibs sources ? 

Leveins Battalion
11 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

His source is Kevin Moffat.

True story.

9 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Halkett for Jason Kerr straight swap would be nice. 

That would be, unfortunately Hearts have not made any contact regarding Jason.

Strong interest from our neighbours, who have made initial enquiries.

Agentjambo
15 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

About as informative as yours.where are the Arsenal guys?🤔

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 hours ago, jambonian said:

I know. Any good young players in Scotland will end up at Aberdeen or Hibs if either of the old firm aren't interested. Years ago we used to at least try and compete against the ugly sisters and if it was between Hearts, Aberdeen or Hibs it would be in that order a player would choose from most of the time. We've dropped that far behind that we are likely to compete with St Mirren, Dundee Utd etc now and there's no guarantee they'd choose Hearts over them even. Yet the powers that be expect us to dip into our pockets and sell the third highest amount of season tickets in Scotland again? Pffft! They're in cloud-cukooland. Sad state of affairs, it really is.

That patently isn’t true as some recent signings have proven. That said it’s more competitive between the three of us than we would like.

I am assuming that, believe them or not, that as not one of our ITK type posters have said we are in for Dunne means that we are not in for Dunne. 

Shame.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

11 minutes ago, pointon said:

I will dress it again we need a new signing pronto 🤞🏻

Aye, I’m bored. Not as bored as I was before everyone started bickering, but still bored. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Jeez, another one Hibs bound. 🥺

If Anderson was a PHM he would sort it 😂

38 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

An agent.

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Kane leaving Spurs

London Hibs for relegation after they appoint young and upcoming known winner Robbie Neilson as new manager 🤞🙏?!?!

Leveins Battalion
6 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

An agent.

So 1 agent knows the in's and outs of potentially 3 separate Hearts targets who potentially have 3 different agents and thought I'm gonna tell Lfhearts 😂😂😂😂

Away min.

Rick Sanchez

We need to be finding your Louis Moult's when Motherwell etc do. He'd be demanding about 3-5k no doubt. We need to be finding them when they're released from Wrexham on 500 quid a week!

I think players at the level of Adebayo will be our future under Savage.

8 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

We need to be finding your Louis Moult's when Motherwell etc do. He'd be demanding about 3-5k no doubt. We need to be finding them when they're released from Wrexham on 500 quid a week!

If I mind right Louis moult had signed for us back in January according the the ITK person on here 

Still waiting 🤷‍♀️

16 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Excellent post 

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, theshed said:

If I mind right Louis moult had signed for us back in January according the the ITK person on here 

Still waiting 🤷‍♀️

He still hasn’t kicked a ball in two years I don’t think 🙈

jamboinglasgow
30 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

So 1 agent knows the in's and outs of potentially 3 separate Hearts targets who potentially have 3 different agents and thought I'm gonna tell Lfhearts 😂😂😂😂

Away min.

He also knows everything going on at Hibs and Inverness. He must be the most well connected poster on kickback. 

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He also knows everything going on at Hibs and Inverness. He must be the most well connected poster on kickback. 

Every player we are linked with he says is shit or if they are decent Hibs are getting him.😂😂

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Every player we are linked with he says is shit or if they are decent Hibs are getting him.😂😂

Yup, all this behind the scenes info he gets just happens to be bad news.

Leveins Battalion
2 minutes ago, pointon said:

I would of Thought by now everybody realised that know one new **** all about anything on this forum 

😂😂😂 I think Notts is the only one who has genuinely had info?

Daz has no doubt has some info in the past.

Couple of others who are rife on this thread kill it as their either clearly Hibs fans or psychopaths or maybe both?😄

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***