• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pasquale for King
Just now, ToqueJambo said:

It was but hardly the most damaging penalty miss we've seen.

Strange nonetheless. Goal scoring bonus perhaps? Henderson should’ve taken it. 

Just now, Lfhearts said:

Yes we did Scott Gardner.

Aye Scott Gardiner told you that did he? 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

I'd like to see the lad here. He's the type to get fans off their seats and commit defenders.  👍

Did well at Tynecastle, gave two experienced international fullbacks a torrid time. 

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Neilson will be setting himself up to fail if he relies on that boy as our 2nd choice keeper.  
We were fortunate CG remained fit for all of last term, but all it takes is one injury and we're relying on that plant pot to keep goal.   
With that being said, I wouldn't spend  fortunes on a back up keeper.   
Just a known safe pair of hands would do.   Even Jaimie Mac if he would commit to some weight loss.

Who was our reserve goalie to Henry Smith? A club on our budget is always one injury away from playing a much worse goalie. If it's a serious injury we'd sign someone. Back-up goalies are back-up goalies. This idea that we should have two goalies challenging is pretty recent and not very realistic.

9 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Jason Kerr, a player who is mentioned quite often on here said today that he wants to sign an extension at St Johnstone. 

Journalist making things up.

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

Yes we did Scott Gardner.

But Hibs paid over £100k for him,you said Hearts wont pay over £100k,surely for him to choose between Hibs and Hearts we would need meet that same valuation?🤷‍♂️😂

Tying yourself in knots. 😭

SidewaysFitba

You can't beat having defenders who are comfy on the ball.  
We all saw the difference the moment that Soapy came back in, it alters the entire way you play.   
All defenders should be at ease with the ball in the modern game.   
The days of settling for a big statue that hoofs the ball should be over.    
Halkett is far too slow for Hearts.   
Play a high press with him in the team, and you risk getting your erse handed to you.   
He doesn't dominate his opponent enough, I've seen him bossed by mediocre strikers.   

Bobby Neilson will be taking a right risk going with Halkett.   
Id like two central defenders who were comfy on the ball.   

We have one in Soapy.   Caulker would be shout imo.   He is also comfy with the ball at his feet.  Not old at 29.

1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

He also knows everything going on at Hibs and Inverness. He must be the most well connected poster on kickback. 

I know that your a plum and like to think of yourself as some kind of guru re the youth set up when truth is you have never been at Riccarton for years, I don't care, believe what you want.

SidewaysFitba
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Who was our reserve goalie to Henry Smith? A club on our budget is always one injury away from playing a much worse goalie. If it's a serious injury we'd sign someone. Back-up goalies are back-up goalies. This idea that we should have two goalies challenging is pretty recent and not very realistic.

Its a risk to have a number 2 that's a bombscare.  With Jamie, we know we'd be getting a safe pair of hands should we need it.   And he'd be cheap.

1 minute ago, SidewaysFitba said:

We all saw the difference the moment that Soapy came back in, it alters the entire way you play.   
Play a high press with him in the team, and you risk getting your erse handed to you.   
He doesn't dominate his opponent enough, I've seen him bossed by mediocre strikers.   

We have one in Soapy.   Caulker would be shout imo.   He is also comfy with the ball at his feet.  Not old at 29.

Bobby Neilson? 
For someone who joined 4 hours ago you seem up to speed with the in jokes on here. Piss take user name and posts that are a mix of critical of current players and some odd suggestions. 
Or are you one of those that have browsed for ages before joining the board? 

1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

But Hibs paid over £100k for him,you said Hearts wont pay over £100k,surely for him to choose between Hibs and Hearts we would need meet that same valuation?🤷‍♂️😂

2 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

More rubbish, I cannot see Hearts paying a fee like that for anyone I don't know what Hibs paid for him.

2 minutes ago, Lfhearts said:

I know that your a plum and like to think of yourself as some kind of guru re the youth set up when truth is you have never been at Riccarton for years, I don't care, believe what you want.

You didn't answer my question..

Did Scot Gardiner tell you we were in for him, yes or no?

There’s very few footballers in Scotland who would improve Hearts and what are realistic of getting . I’m hoping this Savage pulls a few from England out the hat or Europe but I don’t hold my breath. It’s no as if there away on holiday the players and management wish they came out with a list of players who have had the axe and at least some transfer talk or proper speculation.

SidewaysFitba

David Bates would be another fair shout for central defence.  Scottish, only 24, and spent last season on loan at Cercle Brugge.   Big lad at 6'4 as well.   

Vlad the impaler
4 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Nicky Walker? I think

in general people accept that your back up goalkeeper isn’t as good as your number one. But in this case the quality falls way down if for any reason CG can’t play.....this place would go into meltdown if we had to play a chunk Of a season or even a derby with Ross Stewart in goals

Guest ToqueJambo
5 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Its a risk to have a number 2 that's a bombscare.  With Jamie, we know we'd be getting a safe pair of hands should we need it.   And he'd be cheap.

Is Stewart a bombscare? We've barely seen him. Was he known as that at Livvy? 

Edited by ToqueJambo

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, Lfhearts said:

More rubbish, I cannot see Hearts paying a fee like that for anyone I don't know what Hibs paid for him.

Your nuts but entertaining on this shite thread.😂😂😂

SidewaysFitba
2 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Bobby Neilson? 
For someone who joined 4 hours ago you seem up to speed with the in jokes on here. Piss take user name and posts that are a mix of critical of current players and some odd suggestions. 
Or are you one of those that have browsed for ages before joining the board? 

The latter.  Why?

SidewaysFitba
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

4th choice keeper there, horrific v Brora.   And E Fife.

Edited by SidewaysFitba
spelling

Leveins Battalion

Stewart is the warm up guy,nothing more.Anything happens to CG I expect Stone to be given a shot just like CG was,Stewart in the 2020 Tepi Moilanen.

SidewaysFitba
2 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Nicky Walker? I think

in general people accept that your back up goalkeeper isn’t as good as your number one. But in this case the quality falls way down if for any reason CG can’t play.....this place would go into meltdown if we had to play a chunk Of a season or even a derby with Ross Stewart in goals

Exactly, you have to prepare well.

Famous 1874
Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Agreed, you have to sweep it out the other side when it comes back to you, he doesn’t. 
Caulker isn’t an interesting one, left Dundee sharpish but can blame him for that. Even a good year with us could get him one last big payday. 

Famous 1874
2 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

8 goals conceded, 14 shots faced. That should tell you everything. Joel Pereira ratio. 

Guest ToqueJambo
Just now, SidewaysFitba said:

4th choice keeper here, horrific v Brora.   And E Fife.

We have Harry Stone as well. Isn't the idea to have a solid back-up who is willing to be back-up (are many first choice goalies will to join a club to be back-up?), which Stewart seems to be, and then bring Stone in? How do we know Jamie Mac will come here and give up first team football. he's just signed a new contract at Raith.

Famous 1874
14 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

Is that why someone of Craig Gordon's stature joined us? And someone highly rated like Joe Savage? Or Elijah Adebayo who agreed to join us and who seems to be a talent? We're not a laughing stick you daftie. What if Hibs fail to sign Canmpbell and Kerr. Will that make them a laughing stock? (Sorry, more of a laughing stick than usual)>

Gordon who had an emotional attachment to the club, Savage who got a major responsibility upgrade and a nobody in Adebayo. We are a shambles, if you fail to believe that then your head really is in the sand. 

Vlad the impaler
4 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

David Bates would be another fair shout for central defence.  Scottish, only 24, and spent last season on loan at Cercle Brugge.   Big lad at 6'4 as well.   

A decent shout that although I’d imagine he may be out our wage bracket and think we’re looking for a lefty 

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

8 goals conceded, 14 shots faced. That should tell you everything. Joel Pereira ratio. 

Who should we get then? We're creating a pathway for Stone FFS, everyone knows this.

Pasquale for King
6 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

Nicky Walker? I think

Definitely, a quick think about the last time we had a poor GK proves that. 
Clubs generally have a decent back up in modern football, I would say McLaughlin pushed MacGregor onto even higher performances this season. 

SidewaysFitba

There are some good prospects in the championship, even tho the overall standard isn't great.   
I wish we'd look there to pick up two or three prospects.   
Daniel McKay impressed me every time I saw him.   
We should have been right at the front of the line to sign up that type of player imo.   
Like I say tho, Max Anderson at Dundee and the striker at Qos are worth pursuing.   Both young and with a hunger to win stuff and improve.👍

Guest ToqueJambo

Gordon who had an emotional attachment to the club, Savage who got a major responsibility upgrade and a nobody in Adebayo. We are a shambles, if you fail to believe that then your head really is in the sand. 

Or I'm just a Hearts fan who never thinks of my own club as a laughing stock, especially when we're not. Adebayo looks decent playing at a decent level. Aren't we constantly told to scour the English leagues for players like that?

Edited by ToqueJambo

SidewaysFitba
2 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

A decent shout that although I’d imagine he may be out our wage bracket and think we’re looking for a lefty 

A season long loan?

Famous 1874

Who should we get then? We're creating a pathway for Stone FFS, everyone knows this.

Mate are you taking the piss? Nobody has a problem with Stone going out on loan, as it would be stupid for him to sit on the bench for a whole season. 

What I don’t understand is why we have given Ross Stewart a 2 year deal. Because he has good chat? We know he is shite and he still gets one, absolute madness. 

Zlamal is better than Stewart😂 I’m sure we could get a backup goalie who is just as cheap and better. If Gordon gets injured than we are in serious bother. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Car crash stuff now.

imagine Stuart Findlay and Declan Gallagher may have been 2 early targets. 

I'd be working overtime on midfielders myself, by far and away our biggest problem 

Leveins Battalion
1 minute ago, SidewaysFitba said:

There are some good prospects in the championship, even tho the overall standard isn't great.   
We should have been right at the front of the line to sign up that type of player imo.   
Like I say tho, Max Anderson at Dundee and the striker at Qos are worth pursuing.   Both young and with a hunger to win stuff and improve.👍

😂😂😂 he impressed you when we played Inverness?

The only player to impress was the Young laddie on loan from Rangers.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

I like Max Anderson 

Famous 1874
1 minute ago, ToqueJambo said:

Or I'm just a Hearts fan who never thinks of my own club as a laughing stock, especially when we're not. Adebayo looks decent playing at a decent level. Aren't we constantly told to scour the English leagues for players like that?

So it’s a crime to criticise our club? We are a laughing stock and have been for well over 5 years. I’d be staying miles away from the vast majority of English league 1 & 2, standard is a disgrace down there. 

Batistuta87
8 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

Always liked him and you'd think he'll have had some good training and learned a lot about how to play out from the back during his time in Germany. 

Pretty much all the names you've suggested get a 👍🏻 from me.

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

Stewart is the warm up guy,nothing more.Anything happens to CG I expect Stone to be given a shot just like CG was,Stewart in the 2020 Tepi Moilanen.

Stone is likely to go out on loan it would seem, maybe just get an emergency loan like Zlamal 🤔🤷🏾‍♂️🙈?

Guest ToqueJambo
2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, a quick think about the last time we had a poor GK proves that. 
Clubs generally have a decent back up in modern football, I would say McLaughlin pushed MacGregor onto even higher performances this season. 

This is getting silly because we have 3 goalies not two. If we didn't have possibly the best goalie prospect in the country I might be more concerned about Stewart as our main or only back-up. But when we as a club have been talking about creating pathways for young players, I'm not sure splashing money on a better bench goalie is really sensible.

When we had McLaughlin we had Noring and Hamilton as back-ups. I would rather have Gordon, Stone and Stewart than those three, in that our Gordon and Stone are better than McLaughlin and Hamilton or Noring. 

Vlad the impaler
3 minutes ago, SidewaysFitba said:

A season long loan?

He’s a player that’s always impressed me,maybe took the German option too early in his career. Could be a Scottish international if he finds the right club

Guest ToqueJambo

So it’s a crime to criticise our club? We are a laughing stock and have been for well over 5 years. I’d be staying miles away from the vast majority of English league 1 & 2, standard is a disgrace down there. 

Adebayo is mid table Championship - 5 in 18. Just 23. Seems to have made the step up no bother. I've been keeping an eye on him as it's good to see how players we go for and who we nearly sign do when assessing our recruitment.

Guest ToqueJambo
7 minutes ago, Famous 1874 said:

Mate are you taking the piss? Nobody has a problem with Stone going out on loan, as it would be stupid for him to sit on the bench for a whole season. 

What I don’t understand is why we have given Ross Stewart a 2 year deal. Because he has good chat? We know he is shite and he still gets one, absolute madness. 

Zlamal is better than Stewart😂 I’m sure we could get a backup goalie who is just as cheap and better. If Gordon gets injured than we are in serious bother. 

We just need someone to sit on the bench and train with Gordon until Stone is ready.

Famous 1874
4 minutes ago, suds66 said:

Do you believe everything you read in the papers?🙈

You really think newspapers have made up quotes from an interview with Jason Kerr? Mentalist. 

Famous 1874

We just need someone to sit on the bench and train with Gordon until Stone is ready.

What if Gordon gets injured? Surely we can’t afford to take that risk. Signed a proven shite goalie. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

He’s a player that’s always impressed me,maybe took the German option too early in his career. Could be a Scottish international if he finds the right club

If I remember correctly he wanted away from Rangers as slippy barely plays youngsters, can’t blame him. As it’s been said he should’ve progressed as a player out there. 

Vlad the impaler
3 minutes ago, ToqueJambo said:

This is getting silly because we have 3 goalies not two. If we didn't have possibly the best goalie prospect in the country I might be more concerned about Stewart as our main or only back-up. But when we as a club have been talking about creating pathways for young players, I'm not sure splashing money on a better bench goalie is really sensible.

When we had McLaughlin we had Noring and Hamilton as back-ups. I would rather have Gordon, Stone and Stewart than those three, in that our Gordon and Stone are better than McLaughlin and Hamilton or Noring. 

You’re not getting it! Take stone out the equation because next season is too soon for him. We need a decent back up that is CAPABLE to potentially play in big games/Derby’s/cup games as CG may not be available/fit for the whole season. Can you imagine playing a cup final with Ross Stewart in goals🙄

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***