***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

jamboinglasgow
2 minutes ago, pointon said:

Could not agree more I would have thought we would have had pre contracts agreed well before now

Something I was wanting to see but amazed we haven't seen is confirmation on who is leaving from the club. While they have had a few players confirmed that they were leaving at the end of the season in indiviual announcements (Berra, Wighton, Lee and Cochrane) we have not see anything about anyone else officially. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rogue Daddy
7 minutes ago, pointon said:

Could not agree more I would have thought we would have had pre contracts agreed well before now

Doesn't help when you see the sheep and hobos organising themselves for the season ahead! I'm sure things are happening... but my gut feeling is we're going to get 3 signings in one day, then ST prices released the following day. We really seem to be going to some lengths to keep our cards close to our chest these days!

AllyjamboDerbyshire
40 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

...doesn't even need to be a 'marquee' signing... a small 'tent' would  do. Slow news day....

I think we've already got all the small tents we need. Time we went more upmarket and started glamping. 

So....the leavers and potential leavers.......

Berra, Kastaneer, Wighton, Lee, Cochrane, Moore, Zlamal, Doyle, Damour, Brandon, White, Roberts, Irving, (Naismith), Popescu.

Potentially 14 wages saved so no reason we can't pay better wages on three or four quality signings. 

This is why i say there's no reason to not go and ask the likes of your Jimmy Dunne's, Steven O'Donnell's etc and pay a fee  (even with the incentive of a future sell-on clause) to the likes of St Mirren or Motherwell for your McGrath's and Campbell's. 

The squad would be along the lines of - Gordon, Kingsley, Halliday, Smith, Souttar, Halkett, Mackay-Steven, Boyce, Gnanduillet, McEneff, Haring, Walker, (Ginelly), Henderson and a few younger players. That's a first team already even without new players. Add in the above signings and you're still saving on loads of wages on bloaters. 

It can be done if the ambition is there.

Agentjambo
1 minute ago, jambonian said:

Berra, Kastaneer, Wighton, Lee, Cochrane, Moore, Zlamal, Doyle, Damour, Brandon, White, Roberts, Irving, (Naismith), Popescu.

Potentially 14 wages saved so no reason we can't pay better wages on three or four quality signings. 

This is why i say there's no reason to not go and ask the likes of your Jimmy Dunne's, Steven O'Donnell's etc and pay a fee  (even with the incentive of a future sell-on clause) to the likes of St Mirren or Motherwell for your McGrath's and Campbell's. 

The squad would be along the lines of - Gordon, Kingsley, Halliday, Smith, Souttar, Halkett, Mackay-Steven, Boyce, Gnanduillet, McEneff, Haring, Walker, (Ginelly), Henderson and a few younger players. That's a first team already even without new players. Add in the above signings and you're still saving on loads of wages on bloaters. 

The ambition isn’t there.

Is anyone else concerned that we are looking at the English markets?

A lot of these guys will come with no affiliation to the club no other ambitious except for themselves. They also will struggle to hit the ground running( see Damour and Clare as examples) We should be looking for people within our own league.

The lower league's in England have failed us time and time again. 

I think Robbie said top six finish because we do not have the financial muscle to require the players needed to go for top three we are playing catch up with the sheep and hobos due to gross mismanagement 

Rogue Daddy
14 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

I think we've already got all the small tents we need. Time we went more upmarket and started glamping. 

🤣... you're probably right!

1 minute ago, Rods said:

A lot of these guys will come with no affiliation to the club no other ambitious except for themselves. They also will struggle to hit the ground running( see Damour and Clare as examples) We should be looking for people within our own league.

I am. They general think

A. Inferior league

B. They’ll have plenty time on the ball

Then they’ll take a wee while to settle 

Time RN doesn’t have

Just now, Agentjambo said:

The ambition isn’t there.

No, but it could cost the club a lot of money in fewer season ticket sales if they don't change their ways. Bringing in nobodies from lower English Leagues shouldn't be where we're at. Fair enough you might find the odd gem occasionally but it still shouldn't be what Hearts are about. The hierarchy need to find incentives to encourage the fans to be excited again. I'd hate for us to lose out on the type of players i mentioned to Aberdeen or Hibs and players like those should be our policy, not out of our reach. Embarrassing! Actually....frustrating is a better word. 

28 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That’s my problem, why bring in the likes of those two instead of progressing young folk who already reside here and are of the same ability. With the post Brexit laws and Irish players being allowed to come the best of them will be snapped up even quicker you would think. 

I guess it comes down to quality.  If you can pick someone up who is better than you have, be that a kid or a senior player, and it's within budget, you do it.  Burns in particular was very highly regarded, but as it turned oot had an erse like my Aunty Helen and ran like her too!  

They're both a good example of the club having pretty sound theory the last few years but terrible practice.  Young, highly rated players, tipped for big things???  Yes please.  Take your first step with us by all means!

Only works if a) they really are any good, including having the physical make-up and b) we coach them properly when they get here.

Another pish example cos he got a contract extension, but there must be others like Marc Leonard - went down south, tried his hand, didn't work out.  As long as they're hungry to prove they do have what it takes, picking guys like that up isn't a bad idea at all.  I guess you need to sit as Joe Savage and say "is Marc Leonard better than Connor Smith?"  If it's very close, what's the point?  If it's a clear yes, you go for it.  There's also the tendency to think cos a guy has been at a "big" club (Brighton!) that he's better than our own kids.  Lots have come up here on loan and on contract and not done it - list is huge across Scottish football.

Anyway, I hope we sign maybe 2/3 nailed on starters.  CH and CM priorities.  If we also sign 2 more in the mould above, that's fine.

Got to think if we shift Damour, with the others who are leaving, incl Berra, that's a lot of wage to use.  As long as we're keeping same wage budget I suppose is the rub.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Rumour has it that @Smith's right boot is Barry Anderson 

🤐

Nah, I'm a club shill. 

Paid to happy clap Hearts, only on this forum tho. 

Scouting4HMFC

First post on here, finally decided to make an account after years of coming on during transfer windows to find out any rumours or chat of potential transfers. Unfortunately I do not bring any ITK status or have any inside scoop at the club so let’s get the bad news out the way first.

However like many on here I do watch an awful lot of football and always like to keep my finger on the pulse with any players that would be a good fit for us. Given Robbie’s recent interviews and podcast appearances strongly suggesting that we will be looking at free agent players it got my hopes up that we could look to Mounir El Allouchi at NAC Breda. 13 goals and 14 assists from midfield and his contract is up next month. Whilst I have some reservations about crossing from Dutch football to our game, he looks exactly the type of player we have been crying out for for years and at 26 he is still a good age. Anyone happen to reside in the Netherlands with a little more info?

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nah, I'm a club shill. 

Paid to happy clap Hearts, only on this forum tho. 

😂

41 minutes ago, pointon said:

It’s a players market these days. The decent ones wont

tie themselves down too early in the summer period unless they get a crazy offer. 

6 hours ago, Zen Jambo said:

So we’re not going to be paying £500k for development fees for Campbell then? 

Well, colour me shocked. 

How many times have i said it.

We - the club won't pay any development fee for this deal. Trying to swap Roberts and any other cost will come directly from the chairperson's personal funds!!! In any case I'll be surprised if the value will be 500k at a tribunal. 

Batistuta87
Just now, Scouting4HMFC said:

First post on here, finally decided to make an account after years of coming on during transfer windows to find out any rumours or chat of potential transfers. Unfortunately I do not bring any ITK status or have any inside scoop at the club so let’s get the bad news out the way first.

However like many on here I do watch an awful lot of football and always like to keep my finger on the pulse with any players that would be a good fit for us. Given Robbie’s recent interviews and podcast appearances strongly suggesting that we will be looking at free agent players it got my hopes up that we could look to Mounir El Allouchi at NAC Breda. 13 goals and 14 assists from midfield and his contract is up next month. Whilst I have some reservations about crossing from Dutch football to our game, he looks exactly the type of player we have been crying out for for years and at 26 he is still a good age. Anyone happen to reside in the Netherlands with a little more info?

That's what this thread is all about. I never suggested when I started it that I  had any rumours, it was merely my own summary of what needs to happen, a few suggestions, and as I see players who I fancy, I bring them into discussion. Rumours do come up now and again, and the sharing of those is appreciated just as much as general discussion. 

Thanks for the contribution 👌 - El Alouchi's name is familiar for some reason - don;t know if he's been brought up before, but an interesting suggestion :) 

19 minutes ago, jambonian said:

O’Donnell has already signed new deal with Well I think. Dunes season isn’t over yet so still a chance he will get an opportunity to play couple of games in EPL this season and try to attract offers. 

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, pointon said:

I think Robbie said top six finish because we do not have the financial muscle to require the players needed to go for top three we are playing catch up with the sheep and hobos due to gross mismanagement 

I'm not so sure (I mean you may well be correct), but the sheep and hobos are not in a good fiscal position, if what you read in the papers is to be believed. During lockdown, they deferred wages for their players (I don't know if these have been paid or not, as yet)... so I would wager we're in a stronger position than most with regards funding (thank you benefators). I guess the sheep and hobos have the promise of Euro funds, and their prize money would be more this season, but do you think they're really that much better off than us?

I just think (maybe 'hope' is closer) that we're trying to keep our targets/signings and plans a secret, for as long as possible.

1 minute ago, dazajmbo said:

We - the club won't pay any development fee for this deal. Trying to swap Roberts and any other cost will come directly from the chairperson's personal funds!!! In any case I'll be surprised if the value will be 500k at a tribunal. 

Sorry Daza, I'm being thick here... do you mean to say this won't happen due to the money involved or that we may well go for it but money will not be paid from the club but from external??

Batistuta87
Just now, dazajmbo said:

Too many Daza! I share your frustration at the amount of times this comes up. 

For the record, it'll never be as high as 500k IMO. I think it'll be around £300k or so. 

Any update on this one, or any others? 

Batistuta87
9 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

O’Donnell has already signed new deal with Well I think. Dunes season isn’t over yet so still a chance he will get an opportunity to play couple of games in EPL this season and try to attract offers. 

O'Donnell has extended his Motherwell deal. Not 100% sure how long for - could be as much as 2yrs - but he has definitely signed an extension. 

As for Dunne, I've said quite a few times that he's probably quite an ambitious target for us, but also hopefully a realistic one. Unless he's signing for a Championship side pushing for promotion into the Premier League, he might raise his stock more by coming up here and helping us qualify for Europe. 

Edited by Batistuta87

Scouting4HMFC

@Batistuta87 Thanks for that mate appreciate it. Don’t want to get the bother that some people do when deals don’t materialise so making that clear from the off.

I’ve watched him in action a few times this season and he was been the spark in the team whenever I have tuned in. I imagine he will have his suitors in the Netherlands and maybe elsewhere but we should have our hat in the ring for players like this as there is always a big draw to play in the UK I feel. Looking at the size of Stadium, reported value of both NAC Breda and Hearts I can’t see why a deal for a player of this mould wouldn’t be possible.

but as discussed on here many a time prior to Savage joining, recruitment has been so poor so I wouldn’t be surprised if we weren’t even aware of El Allouchis situation and many others like him.

Edited by Scouting4HMFC
Please delete mods, duplicate

Scouting4HMFC
10 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

That's what this thread is all about. I never suggested when I started it that I  had any rumours, it was merely my own summary of what needs to happen, a few suggestions, and as I see players who I fancy, I bring them into discussion. Rumours do come up now and again, and the sharing of those is appreciated just as much as general discussion. 

Thanks for the contribution 👌 - El Alouchi's name is familiar for some reason - don;t know if he's been brought up before, but an interesting suggestion :) 

Thanks for that mate appreciate it. Don’t want to get the bother that some people do when deals don’t materialise so making that clear from the off.

I’ve watched him in action a few times this season and he was been the spark in the team whenever I have tuned in. I imagine he will have his suitors in the Netherlands and maybe elsewhere but we should have our hat in the ring for players like this as there is always a big draw to play in the UK I feel. Looking at the size of Stadium, reported value of both NAC Breda and Hearts I can’t see why a deal for a player of this mould wouldn’t be possible.

but as discussed on here many a time prior to Savage joining, recruitment has been so poor so I wouldn’t be surprised if we weren’t even aware of El Allouchis situation and many others like him.

Just now, soonbe110 said:

Yes, i'd heard O'Donnell had signed an extension a wee while back so he went out of my mind for a bit while we mulled over offering a contract to Shay Logan. Then i heard that he hasn't signed a new deal and we're not signing Logan so O'Donnell's name has crept back in. I've no idea if he has or hasn't to be honest. Mixed messages eh!? 

Quickly on Dunne....the only club i've heard of (so far anyway) that might be interested in Dunne is Preston. If it's a choice of Championship with little chance of promotion or a (potential) top 5 European spot to be aimed for at Hearts if we spend wisely then it shouldn't be out of the question. No harm in putting the feelers out, even if we were to get a no. 

22 minutes ago, Rods said:

Entirely agree. Focus should be on quality signings who have proven themselves within Scottish football. 

It’s fast paced and hectic and we’ve had numerous players unsuited to that environment (Martin & Damour being 2 examples). 

Campbell would be my first choice, Dunne would be good also. Both likely expensive but believe both would earn us 7 figures.

Looking at the Championship there is value to be extracted - Regan Hendry and Josh Edwards being two examples of quality young players ready to take that next step. 

Believe Dunfermline have a CB too which was getting rave reviews? 

Appreciate our first choices may be tough to get done but filling the squad with dross from down south isn’t a good idea. 

Batistuta87
1 minute ago, Scouting4HMFC said:

@Batistuta87 Thanks for that mate appreciate it. Don’t want to get the bother that some people do when deals don’t materialise so making that clear from the off.

Nice one 👍

Personally I couldn't care less if a rumour is right or wrong - its interesting to me all the same. Can't be bothered with the point-scoring that goes on but I have my "favourite" posters whose info I believe and actively discuss, and those who I skip past!! 

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Yes, i'd heard O'Donnell had signed an extension a wee while back so he went out of my mind for a bit while we mulled over offering a contract to Shay Logan. Then i heard that he hasn't signed a new deal and we're not signing Logan so O'Donnell's name has crept back in. I've no idea if he has or hasn't to be honest. Mixed messages eh!? 

Quickly on Dunne....the only club i've heard of (so far anyway) that might be interested in Dunne is Preston. If it's a choice of Championship with little chance of promotion or a (potential) top 5 European spot to be aimed for at Hearts if we spend wisely then it shouldn't be out of the question. No harm in putting the feelers out, even if we were to get a no. 

That's an interesting one, and certainly one which I feel we could compete with in order to attract a signing. 

Said roughly the same above too - unless he's signing for a Championship team who is pushing for promotion then up here and potentially qualifying for Europe could end up being a better move. 

Would be massively disappointed if he's not someone we're at least looking at. He was fantastic when he was here on loan, and seemed to really enjoy himself too. 

Scouting4HMFC
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Something I always wonder whether it is worth targeting is players released by English Academies. By that I dont mean the ones in the early 20s but the ones at age 18 who are let go as they have become too old for Under 18 football but not take on for U23. I am sure we could be attractive to these players if it means a quick route to first team football rather than being picked up by another club for reserve football

this is the approach that Brentford have, mixed with young talent from lower/lesser leagues abroad.

remodelled their youth team as Brentford B as well and encourage young players released from the likes of arsenal and spurs to join them. Plenty examples in the current team and over the past 3/4 years, I believe Pressley’s son is one of the current crop that fits that mould.

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Sorry Daza, I'm being thick here... do you mean to say this won't happen due to the money involved or that we may well go for it but money will not be paid from the club but from external??

Could be either of those in all honesty.  If a development fee is needed - dependent on value it will be paid externally.  The player has a provisional offer to consider.  In the hope we can agree a deal with Motherwell. We have already told the player it would need to be a longer term deal so the club is protected for a future transfer.  We won't stand in the way of a bigger move if he has interested parties with the finances acceptable for the club.

9 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Too many Daza! I share your frustration at the amount of times this comes up. 

For the record, it'll never be as high as 500k IMO. I think it'll be around £300k or so. 

Any update on this one, or any others? 

See above.  Been mulling over a potential deal, if the player is happy with it then we will make it happen.

Rogue Daddy
4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Could be either of those in all honesty.  If a development fee is needed - dependent on value it will be paid externally.  The player has a provisional offer to consider.  In the hope we can agree a deal with Motherwell. We have already told the player it would need to be a longer term deal so the club is protected for a future transfer.  We won't stand in the way of a bigger move if he has interested parties with the finances acceptable for the club.

See above.  Been mulling over a potential deal, if the player is happy with it then we will make it happen.

👍 would be good to get this one over the line.

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

That's an interesting one, and certainly one which I feel we could compete with in order to attract a signing. 

Said roughly the same above too - unless he's signing for a Championship team who is pushing for promotion then up here and potentially qualifying for Europe could end up being a better move. 

Would be massively disappointed if he's not someone we're at least looking at. He was fantastic when he was here on loan, and seemed to really enjoy himself too. 

It might up his chances of becoming an International as well. (I'm sure he's Northern Irish, could be wrong) Having Michael Smith and Liam Boyce about the place should also be an incentive (can't remember if McEneff is Rep. Ireland or N. Ireland but also an incentive).

You're right about when he was here on loan. Apart from Souttar, he's been about the best central defender i've seen at Hearts since the days of Levein/McPherson/McLaren/Weir/Pressley. His attitude was spot on. He was a grafter, didn't take any shit from those around him, good offensively and defensively in the air at set-pieces, 23 years old, left-sided (perfect replacement for Berra) and potentially a big transfer fee in future. All of that plus he said he loved his time here and hoped he could play for us again sometime. Now could be the only time we can afford to get him in so it makes no sense to ignore that. They'd be utterly mad not to even approach him and give him something to think about. Even if he was to say no in the end, at least we'd have made the effort.

Batistuta87
2 minutes ago, jambonian said:

It might up his chances of becoming an International as well. (I'm sure he's Northern Irish, could be wrong) Having Michael Smith and Liam Boyce about the place should also be an incentive (can't remember if McEneff is Rep. Ireland or N. Ireland but also an incentive).

You're right about when he was here on loan. Apart from Souttar, he's been about the best central defender i've seen at Hearts since the days of Levein/McPherson/McLaren/Weir/Pressley. His attitude was spot on. He was a grafter, didn't take any shit from those around him, good offensively and defensively in the air at set-pieces, 23 years old, left-sided (perfect replacement for Berra) and potentially a big transfer fee in future. All of that plus he said he loved his time here and hoped he could play for us again sometime. Now could be the only time we can afford to get him in so it makes no sense to ignore that. They'd be utterly mad not to even approach him and give him something to think about. Even if he was to say no in the end, at least we'd have made the effort.

Yeah totally - I think he's played for ROI U21s but is eligible for both, and yes Smith and Boyce could be a big draw for him if his international career is going down the NI route. McEneff is the same as Dunne I think. Eligible for both, capped for neither at the moment.

Would love to sign him. 

37 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

I don’t know, how many times have you said it? 

20 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Brilliant Daz, thanks very much for that.  All very sensible.  Problem I guess is others will have made similarly sensible offers!!!  Hope we've gone the extra yard for him.

Rogue Daddy
4 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Yeah totally - I think he's played for ROI U21s but is eligible for both, and yes Smith and Boyce could be a big draw for him if his international career is going down the NI route. McEneff is the same as Dunne I think. Eligible for both, capped for neither at the moment.

Would love to sign him. 

Would be delighted to have him back. Born in Drogheda, ROI... no idea if he's eligible for both. Certainly looks as if his time is at an end with Burnley. Here's what Dyche said last week -

Jimmy Dunne's future at Burnley remains uncertain following links to Preston North End in the January transfer window.

The 23-year-old is out of contract in the summer and a new deal has not yet been agreed at Turf Moor.

Dunne has played six times for Sean Dyche's side this campaign, with his last league outing coming in September.

In total, the Irishman has made six appearances this season - two in the Premier League, two in the EFL Cup and two in the FA Cup.

PNE reportedly added Dunne to their emergency loan list in January, following Patrick Bauer's ACL injury and prior to Ben Davies' departure to Liverpool.

The Lilywhites went on to bring in Liam Lindsay and Sepp van den Berg until the end of the season, to supplement the options of Jordan Storey and Paul Huntington.

They will no doubt be in the market for, at least, one centre-back in the summer.

While contract talks are believed to have started earlier this year between Burnley and Dunne, there has not been any significant progression on that front and it remains to be seen where the centre-back is next season.

Asked about the defender's future this week, Dyche said: "Jimmy has stayed more around the first team all season and become a member of the squad. He has had some appearances as well which is important.

"There is still a lot of work to be done with him but he knows that, as regards to Premier League. I think he can handle the rest of football, I believe he could deal with the Championship and deliver.

"The Premier League is a different animal. He has got to adapt to what it really brings and he showed that with his performances early season, when they were good performances, but just the odd little thing caught him out and that is the Premier League, the details are so important.

"He has had a decent season behind the scenes, he hasn't always figured in front of your eyes but he has worked very hard with the rest of the group to make sure he is good and ready."

4 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Brilliant Daz, thanks very much for that.  All very sensible.  Problem I guess is others will have made similarly sensible offers!!!  Hope we've gone the extra yard for him.

Yeah it's not going to be an easy task.  

3 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

D'you know if Roberts would be part of the deal?

Just now, TheBigO said:

If Motherwell are interested in Roberts (with a year left on his Hearts contract) then surely a deal could be agreed in some form. Maybe a percentage sell-on clause could be added. Slightly off-subject (well, same subject, different player) but this could be used with St Mirren if they decide they want Popescu as well. Cash plus Popescu (another year at Hearts) for McGrath and future sell-on clause? I mean.... 17 goals plus numerous assists from midfield is not to be ignored!

4 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Aye, you get it if say Nottingham Forest are in for him, or someone like that - even Sunderland, as much as that's L1.  Problem is we've had such a 3 years that we're now in a position where it isn't even a straight financial choice to choose us, Hibs, Aberdeen.  We've let them steal a march on us as far as selling what they do on the park to a player too and the development he'll get.

I'm sure Joe is pretty damn good at showing players what we have going on and where we plan to be.  Riccarton a big sell too.

A lad like this, maybe it's even saying we're just coming back, aiming to storm it and will build the next 2/3 years around him to do so.  Make him feel he'll be our main man.

1 minute ago, jambonian said:

If Motherwell are interested in Roberts (with a year left on his Hearts contract) then surely a deal could be agreed in some form. Maybe a percentage sell-on clause could be added. Slightly off-subject (well, same subject, different player) but this could be used with St Mirren if they decide they want Popescu as well. Cash plus Popescu (another year at Hearts) for McGrath and future sell-on clause? I mean.... 17 goals plus numerous assists from midfield is not to be ignored!

Problem isn't Motherwell though mate.  He's out of contract, so it's up to him where he goes (as long as the club he goes to is willing to pay a dev fee, decided independently).  Dealing with Motherwell would only come if the player chose us.  We'd then go to them and see if we could avoid or reduce likely dev fee with something like above.

Our biggest hurdle is getting him to choose us.

Just now, TheBigO said:

Problem isn't Motherwell though mate.  He's out of contract, so it's up to him where he goes (as long as the club he goes to is willing to pay a dev fee, decided independently).  Dealing with Motherwell would only come if the player chose us.  We'd then go to them and see if we could avoid or reduce likely dev fee with something like above.

Our biggest hurdle is getting him to choose us.

Yep. Old firm aside, the majority of players in the past would choose us over certain other clubs. That's the frustrating thing. 

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, TheBigO said:

I guess it comes down to quality.  If you can pick someone up who is better than you have, be that a kid or a senior player, and it's within budget, you do it.  Burns in particular was very highly regarded, but as it turned oot had an erse like my Aunty Helen and ran like her too!  

They're both a good example of the club having pretty sound theory the last few years but terrible practice.  Young, highly rated players, tipped for big things???  Yes please.  Take your first step with us by all means!

Only works if a) they really are any good, including having the physical make-up and b) we coach them properly when they get here.

Another pish example cos he got a contract extension, but there must be others like Marc Leonard - went down south, tried his hand, didn't work out.  As long as they're hungry to prove they do have what it takes, picking guys like that up isn't a bad idea at all.  I guess you need to sit as Joe Savage and say "is Marc Leonard better than Connor Smith?"  If it's very close, what's the point?  If it's a clear yes, you go for it.  There's also the tendency to think cos a guy has been at a "big" club (Brighton!) that he's better than our own kids.  Lots have come up here on loan and on contract and not done it - list is huge across Scottish football.

Anyway, I hope we sign maybe 2/3 nailed on starters.  CH and CM priorities.  If we also sign 2 more in the mould above, that's fine.

Got to think if we shift Damour, with the others who are leaving, incl Berra, that's a lot of wage to use.  As long as we're keeping same wage budget I suppose is the rub.

My workmate was with the club doing video analysis and was told in January 19 to look at youngsters bigger clubs were releasing to see if any were worth taking in. Now I like my workmate and he has post graduate in Psychology and sports science, coaches a HW team too. There’s no way on this earth that he should be judging what players we should be looking at. 
Shame to pick on Burns but within five minutes of seeing him anyone with any football sense realised he was too wee and too slow, possibly the worst combo as there’s no position where that doesn’t get exposed. Clever and with ability perhaps but just not going to work. 
Hopefully Savage can rectify our scouting moving forward. 
I don’t mind loans but you need Jimmy Dunne types. 
We need a CH, a younger RB to cover/learn from Smith (Brandon out for rest of the year) or someone who can cover both like Rossi did on the left. I think Reagan Hendry looks a prospect at CM. A small quick forward 
would be good, Ginnelly too. That’s 4 or 5. The quality of those might depend on Damour leaving, and Naismith retiring. We have shaved a bit off the wage bill so should have wiggle room. 

17 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

This^, biggest issue we have now and it really shows how far we have slipped is that financially this season we won’t be competing with anyone down south or hibs. With the money from nisbet and European football we won’t be competing with that 

Batistuta87
25 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

The poor grammar and spelling would surely rule that in 😜

😂

SidewaysFitba

Never really understood the Dunne love in tbh.  I watched every game he played for Hearts.  Found him error prone and ponderous.   I'd like to see us try for Cédric Kipré.  A unit of a defender.   Max Anderson would be a good add to the midfield.  Young, gets forward.   Connor Shields would be a low cost gamble up front.  👍

Leveins Battalion
8 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

This^, biggest issue we have now and it really shows how far we have slipped is that financially this season we won’t be competing with anyone down south or hibs. With the money from nisbet and European football we won’t be competing with that 

Find that hard to fathom.

We have spent £1million on a new pitch,over £20 million on a new stand.

Surely that money is now going into the team?

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Surely the money from Nisbet will be syphoned off into some Columbian bank account? 
They spent a few quid this season but with Europe I expect them to get a few in, might not be transfer fees involved though. 
With so many players leaving and possibly Damour/Naismith away you never know. Poor ST sales might be an issue. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***