• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

This^, biggest issue we have now and it really shows how far we have slipped is that financially this season we won’t be competing with anyone down south or hibs. With the money from nisbet and European football we won’t be competing with that 

Shite. 

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

What have I missed, where is Naismith going?

dont think you have missed anything, think people are just guessing he is retiring, personally i think he will play 1 last season.

With money being tight we will need to shop smarter than our main rivals. We need to pick up players not on the radar of our competitors who have the potential to outperform the better known options.

It might be a bit underwhelming when our signings are revealed but we will need to hope Savage can get us real quality without breaking the bank.

At the end of the day it's not what you pay it's what you get and how you blend them into a solid team unit.

Over to you Joe Savage.

Carl Fredrickson

Would love to see Jimmy Dunne here and the one thing that I cling to for hope is that he didnt set the heather alight with his spell at Sunderland. Quite the opposite. His loan spell at Fleetwood was ended early due to a disciplinary issue. 

I can but dream.......

Leveins Battalion

BTW I am happy if we are now more prudent in the market,the free reign to sign whoever the feck we want has been disastrous.

If every penny is a prisoner hopefully more due diligence is done on scouting.👍

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

dont think you have missed anything, think people are just guessing he is retiring, personally i think he will play 1 last season.

You’re just guessing he’ll play on......

Going by his interviews a couple of weeks back it certainly seemed to me he was hinting at calling it a day.

6 hours ago, Saint Jambo said:

Each country in the EU gets to decide their own immigration rules for workers from outside the EU. So in the two cases above, it depends what rules the Irish/ German governments set for nationals from South Korea/ UK wanting visas to play professional football. It could vary widely from country to country within the EU.

OK. Thanks 

I'd rather we went for Jamie Hamilton than Dunne

Of course it's a gamble re his potential but if it pays off.................................................

7 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

100% dog poo.

The last 2 seasons since the stand and pitch mentioned there’s been an economic crisis in football and we have played a season outwith the top flight, if we find a player which means we won’t be paying 500k out we will be doing it. We don’t have a currently sellable asset in the squad to reuse the funds for. Any money we spend as daza mentioned will have to be given from outwith the club 

2 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

Of course it's a gamble re his potential but if it pays off.................................................

Totally agree 👍

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, pointon said:

Totally agree 👍

At 19 and with another year on his deal we would need to pay a decent fee to them, our current manager doesn’t want to use youngsters and is incapable of coaching them either. 
Can’t see him being an option just now, rightly or wrongly. 

Leveins Battalion
5 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

The last 2 seasons since the stand and pitch mentioned there’s been an economic crisis in football and we have played a season outwith the top flight, if we find a player which means we won’t be paying 500k out we will be doing it. We don’t have a currently sellable asset in the squad to reuse the funds for. Any money we spend as daza mentioned will have to be given from outwith the club 

No issue with that,however Hibs have just posted a £1.8 million loss to 2020 with a full years lockdown figures yet to be released.

To speculate as to what ever fee they get for Nisbet (noting that he has specifics in his contract regarding Celtic,and Dunfermline's sell on fee) by using that as a gauge as to what Hearts can budget or afford does not sit right with me or really reflect reality.

I would say Souttar is a sellable asset but why would we want to?Boyce is sellable but again he will get 15,20 goals next season.

As we have seen in our own history,selling a Neil McCann and signing a Leigh Jenkinson or Fitzroy fecking Simpson= selling an asset imo de-motivates a club.

We are 3 or 4 quality signings away from challenging for 3rd.

Pasquale for King
11 minutes ago, Rods said:

Agree with your points @Jamhammer @OTT 

Hopefully JJ is also asking Savage and Neilson to look at the teams around us and below us.

I think he was advising Budge and the board on football matters, I don’t think he’s telling Savage and Neilson what to do. Not even sure if he’s still involved?

davemclaren
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I think he was advising Budge and the board on football matters, I don’t think he’s telling Savage and Neilson what to do. Not even sure if he’s still involved?

I think he was involved up to the end of the season but no idea if he will be involved going forward. 

4 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

No issue with that,however Hibs have just posted a £1.8 million loss to 2020 with a full years lockdown figures yet to be released.

To speculate as to what ever fee they get for Nisbet (noting that he has specifics in his contract regarding Celtic,and Dunfermline's sell on fee) by using that as a gauge as to what Hearts can budget or afford does not sit right with me or really reflect reality.

I would say Souttar is a sellable asset but why would we want to?Boyce is sellable but again he will get 15,20 goals next season.

As we have seen in our own history,selling a Neil McCann and signing a Leigh Jenkinson or Fitzroy fecking Simpson= selling an asset imo de-motivates a club.

Not if you reinvest it well. That's always been our problem. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We’ve never had a bid for Souttar and I can’t see us getting one now, he will need to prove he can play a full season and progress to either get a new deal or bigger club next summer. 
We could sell Boyce but replacing him would be difficult. 
I don’t selling players is really on the cards for us just now. 
The four signings would need to be top quality and hit the ground running for us to get 3rd under this regime. 

5 hours ago, Smith's right boot said:

I like that Vaughn, thought he's looked good every time I've seen him. 

Had three serious injuries Hibs thru and thru no thanks.

Pasquale for King
Just now, davemclaren said:

I think he was involved up to the end of the season but no idea if he will be involved going forward. 

I can’t see anything in the press. 

Vlad the impaler
24 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

I said the other day he should definitely be on our radar👍🏻 If we don’t Aberdeen will go for him I reckon,man of the match for Hamilton’s last two games at 19

9 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We’ve been 3 or 4 decent players away from a good side for most of my adult life 😀

2 hours ago, dazajmbo said:

How many times have i said it.

We - the club won't pay any development fee for this deal. Trying to swap Roberts and any other cost will come directly from the chairperson's personal funds!!! In any case I'll be surprised if the value will be 500k at a tribunal. 

Cover my tracks it ain't happening just admit it.

2 hours ago, jambonian said:

Like i've said before, there are three types of free agents.

The ones from crap clubs that get released because they're not even good enough for that particular club anyway. (Frears and Popescus)

The ones that are at the arse-end of their careers looking for one last pay-day (Berras, Naismiths, Gordons)

Then the ones who are young but need to get away from their club to refresh their careers. (Jimmy Dunne types)

We sign the first and second types but not the third.

(Basically the hopeless and the old. Not young, hungry and ambitious)

The second types are (mostly) fine as they offer experience, the first types should be nowhere near Tynecastle, the third types should be our target market as there's potential big sell-on fees a few seasons down the line. 

It's all about showing some ambition by signing third type frees, improving the squad and bringing some cash in a while later. Not bloating the squad with happy-just-to-get-a-wage types who go through the motions.

Third type means we're competing with other teams wage wise which puts us at an instant disadvantage. 

Four faces
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

We’ve been 3 or 4 decent players away from a good side for most of my adult life 😀

😀 So true.Sometimes just two.

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

We add Dunne and Campbell, get Souttar on an extension then I'd say on paper that is a bloody good team. Certainly the best in Budges tenure. Gordon, Souttar, Smith, Haring, Boyce, GMS and in all likelihood Gino too looks very good. Not sure the depth is quite there, but if Neilson sacks up and uses the academy this coming season then we'll be in a really good place. 

*That may be about my most positive post of 2021... :D 

15 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

I say we have no sellable assets for decent money, Soapy injury free season then yes, Boyce getting on, no money up here out with OF so no chance of getting a decent fee. But it's all about opinions...

Just now, OTT said:

We add Dunne and Campbell, get Souttar on an extension then I'd say on paper that is a bloody good team. Certainly the best in Budges tenure. Gordon, Souttar, Smith, Haring, Boyce, GMS and in all likelihood Gino too looks very good. Not sure the depth is quite there, but if Neilson sacks up and uses the academy this coming season then we'll be in a really good place. 

*That may be about my most positive post of 2021... :D 

it’ll take more than quality players I’d think. Safety first tactics bring out the worst in a lot of our current players and the next dip will be harder to get out of against better sides. 

If he delivers that attacking style that he promised us then with a few additions we could do well. 

Quite ironic when we need to spend  extra cash on a few sighings to get the squad in a good place we are probably left wanting yet we have squandered so much 

Rick Sanchez

Said it for ages, I'm sick of teams up here picking random players from the lower leagues in England with a bit of desire and turning us over. 

I guess that's why Savage is here. Still...we all love a well known name.

Stendelnator

Who’s the last player we signed who had something to prove? Maybe Lafferty? Too often we sign players who’ve already peaked

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

it’ll take more than quality players I’d think. Safety first tactics bring out the worst in a lot of our current players and the next dip will be harder to get out of against better sides. 

If he delivers that attacking style that he promised us then with a few additions we could do well. 

Yeah, I mean the depth is light, but tbh with the financial constraints we have (as a non-OF team) I'd rather try and sign the best 11 we can afford and lean heavily on the academy. Of course, its risky in that injuries could derail us, but I think its an opportunity to show some faith in youngsters. The likes of Connor Smith, Henderson and others have build up a couple of seasons experience now so should be more than capable to be called upon. 

I posted this team before but I genuinely think this is a team that will bounce to 3rd immediately. 

Gordon

Smith Souttar Halkett Dunne Kingsley

Haring Campbell

Boyce

GMS Gino

Thats with a bench of Walker, Halliday, Gnando, Naisy and McEneff plus various youngsters. Looking at it, the weakest links are Smith & Halkett, which isn't a bad position to be in. We could probably improve on Smith at RB anyway with someone more attacking and move him to Halketts position which would really strengthen our first 11. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

A lot of negativity, I seem to recall some talk last summer our benefactors would not stand by and see us disadvantaged. 

I hope though it would be rude to expect it, that could still happen 

21 minutes ago, Leveins Battalion said:

We won’t be selling any (unless it’s a huge offer) as we don’t want to lose Boyce he’s our current only real asset, they’re in a place where they have no real choice as nisbet seems to want out so they have to reinvest some of that in the squad. 500k. Out of around 3m is a lot easier to part with than 500k from nothing. Everything from the club suggests we won’t be spending that sort of money this window unless it’s a player we can’t refuse. It’s an endless argument tbh I hope we get him in but I wouldn’t be holding my breath, plenty others out there 😀👍🏻 

4 minutes ago, OTT said:

Yeah, I mean the depth is light, but tbh with the financial constraints we have (as a non-OF team) I'd rather try and sign the best 11 we can afford and lean heavily on the academy. Of course, its risky in that injuries could derail us, but I think its an opportunity to show some faith in youngsters. The likes of Connor Smith, Henderson and others have build up a couple of seasons experience now so should be more than capable to be called upon. 

I posted this team before but I genuinely think this is a team that will bounce to 3rd immediately. 

Gordon

Smith Souttar Halkett Dunne Kingsley

Haring Campbell

Boyce

GMS Gino

Thats with a bench of Walker, Halliday, Gnando, Naisy and McEneff plus various youngsters. Looking at it, the weakest links are Smith & Halkett, which isn't a bad position to be in. We could probably improve on Smith at RB anyway with someone more attacking and move him to Halketts position which would really strengthen our first 11. 

Never commented on it at the time because someone else said what I would’ve said but that team is the sort of shape we need and has the quality and energy we need. My big concern would be Haring. I just hope he’s got a season in him and isn’t victim to niggly, recurring injuries all year. I agree re Smith.

Edited by GinRummy

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

A lot of negativity, I seem to recall some talk last summer our benefactors would not stand by and see us disadvantaged. 

I hope though it would be rude to expect it, that could still happen 

Yeah they won’t allow that to happen it’s the reason Boyce was brought in, the fee for a player like him would’ve been ridiculous to turn down. Our wage budget will still be competing for the 3rd highest in the country 

1 minute ago, pointon said:

Let’s be honest  we need an early signing to keep as all hanging in there 

Yeah, I’m bored. 

Lots to digest, will try and summarise our position below: 

IF Campbell does want to come here he has an initial sense of the figures on offer from us. 

Motherwell have an interest in Jordan Roberts and Craig Halkett. We have other interest in Halkett who will not be part of any Campbell swap deal. Roberts can be used as a negotiation towards Campbell's development fee. 

Roberts swap deal is not a key factor in our pursuit of Campbell. It is just our preferred option at this moment. 

IF Campbell is willing to commit to a longer term contract with a view of being sold on then any funds required (i.e - development fee) would be paid externally and not from any of the clubs accounts. It comes down to the player. If the player is happy to come here and the club can be protected contract wise then we will do it regardless.

Ideally Roberts can be used for a lower cost to the club. If Campbell is happy to sign a long-term deal and protect the club then the funds will be paid externally.  In this case we would sign him on pre-contract and then put it to a tribunal for the development fee which would be paid from outside the club. In most cases a tribunal will reduce the amount due. 

2 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

IF Campbell does want to come here he has an initial sense of the figures on offer from us. 

Motherwell have an interest in Jordan Roberts and Craig Halkett. We have other interest in Halkett who will not be part of any Campbell swap deal. Roberts can be used as a negotiation towards Campbell's development fee. 

Roberts swap deal is not a key factor in our pursuit of Campbell. It is just our preferred option at this moment. 

IF Campbell is willing to commit to a longer term contract with a view of being sold on then any funds required (i.e - development fee) would be paid externally and not from any of the clubs accounts. It comes down to the player. If the player is happy to come here and the club can be protected contract wise then we will do it regardless.

Ideally Roberts can be used for a lower cost to the club. If Campbell is happy to sign a long-term deal and protect the club then the funds will be paid externally.  In this case we would sign him on pre-contract and then put it to a tribunal for the development fee which would be paid from outside the club. In most cases a tribunal will reduce the amount due. 

Thanks. Who else are we after?

5 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Great stuff bud. Fingers crossed.

6 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Hi Daz surely this would have been long negotiated before now considering the amount of interest in the player?

Pasquale for King
9 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Sounds good, especially the Halkett interest. Thanks for that. 

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Exciting! 

Cheers. 

Good to know we have our hat in the ring. 

Rogue Daddy
10 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

So… what are you saying?

😜only kidding mate, cheers fir the info! 👍

EE742C42-B03F-422E-9659-94E6F4F0191D.jpeg

TyphoonJambo
15 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

Sounds positive, let's hope he wants to come then. If Halkett does leave then even more need for Dunne.

Edited by TypoonJambo

14 minutes ago, dazajmbo said:

So bottom line does Campbell want to sign with us ?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***