***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

6 minutes ago, Hammerofthehibs said:

Could there be a steal by Gerard? He’s been saying they are in the process of signing a midfielder- what else would stop klopp sanctioning the move?

Doubt if he would get game time required with Rangers having 20 midfielders already.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

10 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

I think its got to do more with Shaqiri and Origi - Liverpool don't look like they will be bringing in any replacement for these two and Woodburn is back in the match day squad, If they stay and don't move then I can see Woodburn deal getting done. It will be a loan until Jan then evaluate and either recall or stay till end of the season.

I can't see Woodburn getting any game time at Liverpool even coming of the bench. Liverpool's squad is so thin but I can't see him breaking into that 11.  Unless the involvement back in the first team is the chance to put him in the shop window. 

What do we do now, walk away and go for another target or sit, wait in hope? It's a tough one.

No longer active
10 minutes ago, Dayman said:

The evidence shows otherwise. He was in Liverpools most recent team.

Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 11.55.07.png

I reckon he will stay in Merseyside and try and make that No 58 shirt, his own!

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

It seems to be more than others to me. I'm sure some stat expert will pop up and help the discussion shortly. Agree he should be CB, always been really impressed with him there.

Smith has found a teammate with 88% of his passes. 

58% of his long passes and crosses.

The average in Scotland is 84% and 43%.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

The long passes/crosses stat surprises me. 

RustyRightPeg
16 minutes ago, Hammerofthehibs said:

Could there be a steal by Gerard? He’s been saying they are in the process of signing a midfielder- what else would stop klopp sanctioning the move?

The midfielder they’re linked with is Juninho Bacuna.

10 minutes ago, feej said:

What do we do now, walk away and go for another target or sit, wait in hope? It's a tough one.

Think we sit and wait it out. I think he will sign. My mate said last night if Woodburn comes and starts scoring and the deal is only till Jan what is the chances Rangers come in and offer him a pre contract come Jan and take him from Jan until end of the season. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Press conference today or tomorrow. Not a peep from the inner walls of Tynecastle as is now customary

23 minutes ago, Hammerofthehibs said:

The club are Confident the Woodburn deal will be done soon, pushing for it by the registration cut off tomorrow 

Pasquale for King
45 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

See this: 

The boy is not making it into Liverpool’s team, Klopp is just using this to have a pop at the owners for not signing anyone in that area while Man City, Chelsea and Man United have all spent big. 

Spot on.

39 minutes ago, Hammerofthehibs said:

Not according to this from the BBC.

Rangers manager Steven Gerrard hopes to finalise a deal to sign midfielder Juninho Bacuna from Huddersfield on Thursday.

Edited by wavydavy

erskinehearts

i’m sure i heard alan preston is his agent and he’s just cryptically replied “zero” to a tweet claiming we’re very close to getting woodburn 🤔

Pasquale for King
39 minutes ago, Hammerofthehibs said:

I think our dealings this summer show how much work goes into signing someone, they’ve got someone lined up and are just waiting to get it across the line. If Gerard wanted Woodburn they would’ve been in for him by now I imagine. 

35 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

No he wasn’t. He was on the bench.

Klopps point he’s making is about the thinness of their squad. All parties know that if they got injuries necessitating Woodburn getting in the pitch, they will fall to probably 8th in the table. All parties know that. 

He is demanding signings. 3 or 4 of them.

The bench is the team. The squad list of 24 players or so that make the trip to games is the team.

I’d take anyone getting game time for an 8th place English prem team too…

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, erskinehearts said:

i’m sure i heard alan preston is his agent and he’s just cryptically replied “zero” to a tweet claiming we’re very close to getting woodburn 🤔

Dave Brammer of the Stellar Group is his agent, Preston works for them. 

kingantti1874
29 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

doesn’t tell the whole story.  Recently he has stopped driving forward checking at half way or close to it and pulling taking the easy but ineffective pass.

i feel he is scared to get ahead of his man to often

35 minutes ago, George Cowie said:

I reckon he will stay in Merseyside and try and make that No 58 shirt, his own!

image.jpeg.57ef7a439492ae58a418e06138fc1fdd.jpeg

maybe we can take a higher numbered player then?

BackOfTheNet
On 17/08/2021 at 20:42, BackOfTheNet said:

I’ll wait for a scarf above the head before I release the whelms…

Pent up whelms over here

Pasquale for King
4 minutes ago, Dayman said:

The bench is the team. The squad list of 24 players or so that make the trip to games is the team.

He’s not really getting game time though, they are allowed 3 subs but can have 9 in the bench which is one reason why they’re keeping him. 

A_A wehatethehibs
19 minutes ago, Stu_HMFC said:

Think we sit and wait it out. I think he will sign. My mate said last night if Woodburn comes and starts scoring and the deal is only till Jan what is the chances Rangers come in and offer him a pre contract come Jan and take him from Jan until end of the season. 

Depends on how good he is. He will in all likelihood be inconsistent and Rangers wouldn’t move mountains to get him, but would keep an eye on him at Hearts. And hearts might see him progressing and getting a similar 3 year deal here as Beni. Develop for 50-100 games then on to the championship or if Rangers want him he’d not cost the Earth, Hearts would be looking to sell him on. Let him develop here for a few seasons. But then if he is really really impressive here, he’d be away to the championship, forget the SPFL. But at this moment in time this is a kid who has never been a starter at any club in his life. There a lot of ifs and buts and risks. The reason he would be coming here is the guarantee of starts which he will not get at Rangers.

Folk need to bear in mind that the boy is coming off the back of failed loans at Oxford and Blackpool. People are acting like we’re in for Salah or Firminho or something because he was on the bench against Norwich. This lad has been offered out on loan to all of world football, and Hearts have ended up as the biggest / best club that has shown the serious interest to offer him the starts. Meanwhile the equivalent player in Chelsea’s squad Billy gilmour has been given the number 8 shirt at Norwich. That tells you a huge amount about where Woodburn is in his career at the present moment. But for us, a very exciting signing. 

erskinehearts
6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Dave Brammer of the Stellar Group is his agent, Preston works for them. 

ah ok,his reply to the tweet still stands though.

jamboinglasgow
11 minutes ago, erskinehearts said:

as Pasquale says, Preston is part of the agency who are agents to Woodburn, but the zero is a weird response. If it was a reply to "what chances of him signing" then it would make sense.

The exclamation marks next to zero, if its meaning no chance of him joining Hearts then why so much talk between the clubs and a deal being close if Ben was not planning to join Hearts.

Edited by jamboinglasgow

3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

He’s not really getting game time though, they are allowed 3 subs but can have 9 in the bench which is one reason why they’re keeping him. 

The person I was quoting stated that if he was getting game time, they’d have to be sitting in 8th position. As if that makes him not good enough for us. 

Edited by Dayman

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

as Pasquale says, Preston is part of the agency who are agents to Woodburn, but the zero is a weird response. If it was a reply to "what chances of him signing" then it would make sense.

Wonder if it's a reply to that question but not linked right

D13B7F07-3EE9-4354-A608-B4B7AECFC8E7.png

Pasquale for King
Just now, Dayman said:

The person I was quoting stated that if he was getting game time, they’d have to be sitting in 8th position. As if that makes him not good enough for us. 

Indeed 😆

4 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Someone asked the chances of him playing on Sunday

Edited by lou

jamboinglasgow
1 minute ago, bazman said:

That would make much more sense.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, bazman said:

Yeah that makes more sense. 

Pasquale for King
Just now, lou said:

Someone asked the chances of him playing on Saturday

Good, he might have a chance for Sunday then 😜

A_A wehatethehibs
7 minutes ago, Dayman said:

no, the bench isn’t the team. And you are missing the point entirely. Klopp is sarcastically protesting “no no you can’t let woodburn go!! We need him!!”, because his squad is pitifully thin for a side expected to challenge for a title. He is having a pop at the higher ups. He has been visibly frustrated in all his pressers and interviews and looks stressed. He knows he needs at least 3 or 4 players in midfield, and attack, but his bosses have secured 0 players in those areas and spent 0 while the rivals have spent half a billion between them. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, erskinehearts said:

unless he’s meaning “zero” chances of the deal being done before sunday 

Looks that way. 

BackOfTheNet
17 minutes ago, erskinehearts said:

Link?

Never mind, just saw the screenshot above

Edited by BackOfTheNet

Zero is close to Allan Preston's win rate as Livingston manager.  Maybe a comment on how many names he'll mention on a match report that aren't represented by his bosses.....

24 minutes ago, Dayman said:

The bench is the team 

:rofl: 

1 hour ago, Hammerofthehibs said:

Gerard is after a midfielder from Huddersfield so it's not our target.

15 minutes ago, erskinehearts said:

unless he’s meaning “zero” chances of the deal being done before sunday 

The suggestion was Klopp wants Woodburn in Liverpool squad for next 2 league games. 

24 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Depends on how good he is. He will in all likelihood be inconsistent and Rangers wouldn’t move mountains to get him, but would keep an eye on him at Hearts. And hearts might see him progressing and getting a similar 3 year deal here as Beni. Develop for 50-100 games then on to the championship or if Rangers want him he’d not cost the Earth, Hearts would be looking to sell him on. Let him develop here for a few seasons. But then if he is really really impressive here, he’d be away to the championship, forget the SPFL. But at this moment in time this is a kid who has never been a starter at any club in his life. There a lot of ifs and buts and risks. The reason he would be coming here is the guarantee of starts which he will not get at Rangers.

Folk need to bear in mind that the boy is coming off the back of failed loans at Oxford and Blackpool. People are acting like we’re in for Salah or Firminho or something because he was on the bench against Norwich. This lad has been offered out on loan to all of world football, and Hearts have ended up as the biggest / best club that has shown the serious interest to offer him the starts. Meanwhile the equivalent player in Chelsea’s squad Billy gilmour has been given the number 8 shirt at Norwich. That tells you a huge amount about where Woodburn is in his career at the present moment. But for us, a very exciting signing. 

16 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

no, the bench isn’t the team. And you are missing the point entirely. Klopp is sarcastically protesting “no no you can’t let woodburn go!! We need him!!”, because his squad is pitifully thin for a side expected to challenge for a title. He is having a pop at the higher ups. He has been visibly frustrated in all his pressers and interviews and looks stressed. He knows he needs at least 3 or 4 players in midfield, and attack, but his bosses have secured 0 players in those areas and spent 0 while the rivals have spent half a billion between them. 

Both spot on. 👍

Apart from the bench is the team.

5 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

When does window close?

This is going to drag out it seems.

Hope we have other options lined up.

Indeed. Don't care if it's Liverpool and their highly rated youngster. If they're playing funny buggers tell them to ram it and move on to another target.

This is exactly why Savage doesn’t want leaks!

As much as us fans want to hear stuff, no benefit comes from this being in the public domain before Hearts want

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Morgaro Gomis said:

Preston confirmed in follow up tweets he was meaning before Sunday.

BE01E7D5-5694-4848-8FC7-7723E22C4E68.png

8C8013F5-84C3-484B-BEF6-9FD2F246CE09.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

When does window close?

This is going to drag out it seems.

Hope we have other options lined up.

August 31st. So 12 days left. And we have two signings that are all but done but won’t be here for time yet.

Alright, who we going to sign in January?

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***