***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

1 hour ago, Raymond Reddington said:

Not holding out much hope we will see Devlin anytime soon. St Johmstone have signed a Finnish player (insert Anti Neimi joke here) and are struggling to get this over the line due to the red tape brexit has caused. I believe they signed him before we signed Devlin.

When did australia join the EU?? 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

1 minute ago, Arthur Morgan said:

What? 🤣

Barring of course the uglies. I seem to remember Motherwell and others losing to some non league Welsh team a couple of years ago. I don’t think the standard of teams below the O/F has improved much if any since then. 

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Pagey said:

Let's hope there no misteeq- announce it today!!

Heard he's signed. Just taking the photos but it's one of those 1920 cameras with the smoke 

Popescu is going through the Kickback ritual of becoming a worse player for every time he doesn't play for us. I know he is not a world beater, and we do not another CH in the squad, but he is not as bad as some on here would have you believe.

1 minute ago, ericb said:

Popescu is going through the Kickback ritual of becoming a worse player for every time he doesn't play for us. I know he is not a world beater, and we do not another CH in the squad, but he is not as bad as some on here would have you believe.

If it was not for his "early Zal" moments, he would be good.

The Old Tolbooth

Liverpool are looking to strengthen the area Woodburn plays in, and until they do this, then they need him as backup, they'll need him for the next couple of games they reckon. 

16 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Is it not just possible that he may not be good enough to break into Liverpools first eleven but still be plenty good for SPFL? Which is maybe 5th tier English equivalent. 

It’s 2nd/3rd tier equivalent, with the OF usually lower half prem, and the odd ridiculously bad team more towards 4th tier. 

18 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Is it not just possible that he may not be good enough to break into Liverpools first eleven but still be plenty good for SPFL? Which is maybe 5th tier English equivalent. 

Drugs strong in Canada aye?

Hackney Hearts
1 minute ago, Dayman said:

and the odd ridiculously bad team more towards 4th tier. 

...Us 2019/20?

:wink:

13 minutes ago, Dayman said:

It’s 2nd/3rd tier equivalent, with the OF usually lower half prem, and the odd ridiculously bad team more towards 4th tier. 

Semantics. Just trying to make the point the SPFL is a backwater league and this lad who is on the cusp of Liverpools first team, has us playing (signing wise at least) well above our weight. Of course we will have to see how it all plays out. He should be hungry to prove himself which should benefit us. 👍

16 minutes ago, Canscot said:

Barring of course the uglies. I seem to remember Motherwell and others losing to some non league Welsh team a couple of years ago. I don’t think the standard of teams below the O/F has improved much if any since then. 

It was Kilmarnock that embarrassingly lost to Connah's Quay Nomads (a top tier Welsh side, not non-league). I don't remember anyone else getting knocked out by a Welsh team, and you just need to look at the results of the same Welsh/Irish/non-league English teams against Scottish lower league clubs/Premiership B teams in the Challenge Cup to see that that result was an aberration.

Aberdeen took 8th-placed Burnley to extra time a couple of years ago and a particularly poor Hearts team almost did the same with Liverpool in 2012, so you might as well claim the Scottish Premiership is EPL level.

Bazzas right boot
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Wont reply to every post, on Aberdeen, didnt mention this in any thread, hearing that Cormack involves himself in everything, and I mean everything. Could be they have another Vlad. He cant bankroll them forever; Dave is very charismatic, very vain and ego like you wouldn't believe. He will be desperate to win something, his own piece of Aberdeen legend if you like. I'm pretty sure he would settle for a League Cup, what we have on our side, very sound commercially aware business people, conservative for want of a better word, Dave is a bit of a loose cannon, a maverick.

Either way can work, but one is built for the long term, the other is not. He has been hugely successful and fair play to him, but football clubs are different, its not the board room but the pitch things get won. If I was thinking about spunking 500k, it would not be with a rookie manager on a Hibs player. Smacks of desperation based on a bad result in a knee jerk world

Nice summary. 

If he'd settle for the lc then he needs to turn the page 😂😂

Edited by Smith's right boot

1 hour ago, jambo-rocker said:

I'm not so sure we're needing another CB.

We have potentially 7 people who can play in the back 3. Smith, Souttar, Halkett, Haring, Cochrane, Kingsley and dare I say it Halliday (he's been solid enough a LB and LCB). I'd say maybe a rwb (preferably with a bit if pace as I don't think Ginnelly has it defensively) to back up Smith definitely, but honestly I think our priority should be looking at attacking options.

Of your 7 above you have listed 1 is a right back, 2 are left backs, 2 are midfielders and only 2 are actual centre backs. Yes most would do a job If called upon if we are stuck in a rut but I certainly wouldn’t want to go into a long season with just 2 centre backs when we play 3 at the back!

3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Wont reply to every post, on Aberdeen, didnt mention this in any thread, hearing that Cormack involves himself in everything, and I mean everything. Could be they have another Vlad. He cant bankroll them forever; Dave is very charismatic, very vain and ego like you wouldn't believe. He will be desperate to win something, his own piece of Aberdeen legend if you like. I'm pretty sure he would settle for a League Cup, what we have on our side, very sound commercially aware business people, conservative for want of a better word, Dave is a bit of a loose cannon, a maverick.

Either way can work, but one is built for the long term, the other is not. He has been hugely successful and fair play to him, but football clubs are different, its not the board room but the pitch things get won. If I was thinking about spunking 500k, it would not be with a rookie manager on a Hibs player. Smacks of desperation based on a bad result in a knee jerk world

you mean apart from running up and down the stairs trying to get people singing 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Oh FFS, less than two weeks now until the window closes and we’ve went from discussing genuine signings to this, all because of a giant Klopp!

What have is missed, whys it kicking off 😂

RustyRightPeg
6 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Klopp wants to keep hold of Woodburn until closer to end of window according to reports 

BackOfTheNet
10 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Klopp wants to keep hold of Woodburn until closer to end of window according to reports 

Shouldn’t have expected anything less from someone who’s name sounds like when you drop a dump… :(

Pasquale for King
1 hour ago, jambo-rocker said:

I'm not so sure we're needing another CB.

We have potentially 7 people who can play in the back 3. Smith, Souttar, Halkett, Haring, Cochrane, Kingsley and dare I say it Halliday (he's been solid enough a LB and LCB). I'd say maybe a rwb (preferably with a bit if pace as I don't think Ginnelly has it defensively) to back up Smith definitely, but honestly I think our priority should be looking at attacking options.

Halkett is garbage, we have one decent CH at the club. Halliday has never we played LB for us, just LWB. 
We need at least one CH better than what we have apart from Souttar. The others are stop gaps. 
Im not sure how many more attacking options we can have and give them enough games to keep them all happy. 

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Shouldn’t have expected anything less from someone who’s name sounds like when you drop a dump… :(

😂

On 17/08/2021 at 12:35, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

Signing another upgrade midfielder doesn't mean we won't be signing another striker and centre half. And even if we don't/are unable to sign an upgrade striker and/or centre half, signing upgrades in other positions (I'm assuming Woodburn is an upgrade on what we already have) is surely an upgrade to the team as a whole. No?

I hope so, but our midfield is looking very busy...... time will tell. Best of luck to guy anyway.....!

9 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Ah, still expecting him to be here for aberdeen game. Player himself told Liverpool he wants to come here and play. Hopefully puts the end of the doubt over him however from some on here that klopp is wanting to keep him in that Liverpool squad 

6 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Ah, still expecting him to be here for aberdeen game. Player himself told Liverpool he wants to come here and play. Hopefully puts the end of the doubt over him however from some on here that klopp is wanting to keep him in that Liverpool squad 

I don’t care how long he takes driving up the M6 as long as he is here before Sunday 🥳

4 minutes ago, One five said:

I don’t care how long he takes driving up the M6 as long as he is here before Sunday 🥳

I agree. I’ll go down and give him a lift up if it helps. 

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I’ll give you £10 petrol money to start

1 minute ago, davemclaren said:

I’ll go down and kick the crap out of Klopp if that’ll help? 👊💥🤕

im kidding mods, kidding!

manaliveits105
23 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Clip Klopp ?

4 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Anyway...

This full back that was at Tynecastle on Monday - remember him???

Nope I don’t, remind me please.

Edited by One five

1 minute ago, One five said:

Nope I don’t, remember me please.

Somebody relatively ITK - as much as anyone is - mentioned on Monday that there was a new full back at Tynecastle that day. Cant remember who - it will be about 30 pages back!

2 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Somebody relatively ITK - as much as anyone is - mentioned on Monday that there was a new full back at Tynecastle that day. Cant remember who - it will be about 30 pages back!

👍

2 hours ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Liverpool are looking to strengthen the area Woodburn plays in, and until they do this, then they need him as backup, they'll need him for the next couple of games they reckon. 

What area? He hasn’t had a game for 3 years - surely they have another home grown player in the u18s who can also not play?

2 hours ago, Canscot said:

Semantics. Just trying to make the point the SPFL is a backwater league and this lad who is on the cusp of Liverpools first team, has us playing (signing wise at least) well above our weight. Of course we will have to see how it all plays out. He should be hungry to prove himself which should benefit us. 👍

Below the established first team squads in the EPL the standard is not amazing. 

We could name a team full of fringe EPL players who have come to Hearts with big expectations but been average at best. 

Edited by Nookie Bear

3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Below the established first team squads in the EPL the standard is not great. 

We could name a team full of fringe EPL players who have come to Hearts with big expectations but been average at best. 

Tbf, and it is early days, Cochrane is a good up and coming wing back, of that much I’m fairly sure and Beni has started well. I’m more excited about Woodburn than I’d normally be given how those two look. 

Edited by GinRummy

1 hour ago, Rogue Daddy said:

When he's begging for mercy, get him to sign up for FoH at £500 a week.

jamboinglasgow
46 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Yeah remember that, was a bit random, says that a Full back is at Tynecastle but nothing else.

1 minute ago, Kiwidoug said:

When he's begging for mercy, get him to sign up for FoH at £500 a week.

I’m on it! 👊💥🤕💶❤️

9 hours ago, sirwalter said:

The only player ever to receive an indefinite ban? I think not! It was eventually lifted. Willie did have a bit of a temper (!), but a great guy and widely recognized as in the conversation regarding Scotland's finest ever centre-half.

I am unaware of another Scottish player being banned sine die - was there another?

0C782B0F-5A4B-4CFF-B546-425F29CCBD0A.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I think we need a CB, RWB and an AM. 

I'd like the above plus another CM and a ST

..but that's being greedy.

Are the CB and RWB the priority in your opinion. I keep hearing about midfielders coming or maybe coming and I’m starting to get concerned. Surely those two positions can’t be overlooked.

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Just a tad. 

6 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Don’t need another CM we have the boy Devlin coming in everything else I agree with 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***