***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

29 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Being sceptic here.

If not training at Liverpool yesterday, lets hope he wasnt negotiating a deal elsewhere.

Maybe today is the day for scarf above the head.

A real Up Yours Biscuits moment hopefully. 

I agree. 

Players don't miss training unless they're moving or there's some sort of dire emergency.

He's coming up the road! 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

10 hours ago, Gav M said:

yeah, I realised my mistake and came back on to rectify it but someone had already mentioned it so didn't bother

👍

28 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Beni to two footed tackle Scott Brown and take him out for the rest of the season, instant club legend

Not to mention the red card.

42 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Being sceptic here.

If not training at Liverpool yesterday, lets hope he wasnt negotiating a deal elsewhere.

Maybe today is the day for scarf above the head.

A real Up Yours Biscuits moment hopefully. 

According to the media he's already agreed the terms so it's just a matter of when. He's probably getting announced officially today.

Ford Prentice
1 hour ago, Smith's right boot said:

image.jpeg

If she brings her husband that could solve our centre half problems (Gerard Piqué for non hipsters).

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Two footed tackle him as he walks off the pitch, I'd start "masturbating" 

Edited by Sertse

Just now, Sertse said:

According to the media he's already agreed the terms so it's just a matter of when. He's probably getting announced officially today.

That would be good. Hopefully registered in time to play on Sunday.

Heartsofgold
5 minutes ago, Sertse said:

And as a result we have the 1st Sine Die player since Willie Woodburn!!!!  Would still see it as an acceptable exchange.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Rather than hit Brown, why reduce ourselves to his level, lets just run past the old ***** and laugh in his face whilst doing it. Much more enjoyable. Some Azerbaijan boy got him a good bang in the mouth last night. 

Dont see him playing Sunday to be honest, but hope he is, that 25 degree heat and airplane time, if he is, could be fun

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Rather than hit Brown, why reduce ourselves to his level, lets just run past the old ***** and laugh in his face whilst doing it. Much more enjoyable. Some Azerbaijan boy got him a good bang in the mouth last night. 

Dont see him playing Sunday to be honest, but hope he is, that 25 degree heat and airplane time, if he is, could be fun

I get where you’re coming from but hitting him is just a better all round memory to have. Naisy had his measure. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I get where you’re coming from but hitting him is just a better all round memory to have. Naisy had his measure. 

Who do we not like or not need, take them off the bench to do him late on. Laughing in his face should be mandatory for every player

1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Best of both worlds. Run rings round him and absolutely smash him in a 50/50, leaving him ina heap.

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Would like to see him being made to look silly, a nice wee nutmeg followed by some missed tackles as our midfield dominates him and Ferguson.

The Old Tolbooth
9 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I loved the treatment Naisy dished out to that scumbag, he knew exactly how to play him at his own game. 

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Who do we not like or not need, take them off the bench to do him late on. Laughing in his face should be mandatory for every player

Oooh tricky one. Nobody I don’t like but the reserve keeper Stewart would be a candidate. Stick him on in midfield 3-0 up with 5 minutes to go. 

9 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Best of both worlds. Run rings round him and absolutely smash him in a 50/50, leaving him ina heap.

Yep. Would be nice. 

Horatio Caine

Thought this was the transfer thread.  Turns out it's all about Sunday and Broony.  Maybe transfer these posts to the match thread?

28 minutes ago, Sertse said:

I was meaning that I hope his absense yesterday was not to meet another club.

Edit

Liverpool is only a 4 hour drive, he eould have been up here most of the afternoon. Plenty time to sign, photo and announce. But we never.

Edited by Tommy Brown

Lord Beni of Gorgie
4 minutes ago, Horatio Caine said:

Thought this was the transfer thread.  Turns out it's all about Sunday and Broony.  Maybe transfer these posts to the match thread?

Good point, minds just wandered as we wait for Woody to arrive

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I can’t help think that as Robbie openly spoke about it yesterday and the fact that Woodburn wasn’t training down there means that we are done and he will be unveiled before Sunday.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I can’t help think that as Robbie openly spoke about it yesterday and the fact that Woodburn wasn’t training down there means that we are done and he will be unveiled before Sunday.

Just now, jonnothejambo said:

Yeah I agree .

I hope so. Be good to get him in and about, even just 30 mins on Sunday. 

11 days to go in the window, be nice to get him and 2 others in if not next week, certainly the derby, going to make it strong competition for places, which McEneff talks about today

35 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Popescu's last outing

TyphoonJambo
53 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

For simulation by Broon I hope. He's no longer hot his hooped immunity card.

TyphoonJambo
53 minutes ago, Sertse said:

Start?

1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

Klopp has Jones, Thiago, and Henderson back for the game against Burnley at the weekend, although their fitness levels may not be up to scratch yet, a couple of games in for these players and they'll be letting Woodburn go I reckon, it's nice to see Liverpool's injury crisis disappear this season so far, only Robertson left to come back after this weekend. 

I was quite enjoying seeing cheeky chappy kloppy's mask slipping last year tbh.

2 minutes ago, Taffin said:

I was quite enjoying seeing cheeky chappy kloppy's mask slipping last year tbh.

There’s just something I don’t like about people who go around smiling for no good reason. I know that’s going to make me sound really miserable but I don’t care. It’s annoying as ****. There’s a woman in my building at work and she’s always, always smiling. She’s a nippy cow as well. 

2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

There’s just something I don’t like about people who go around smiling for no good reason. I know that’s going to make me sound really miserable but I don’t care. It’s annoying as ****. There’s a woman in my building at work and she’s always, always smiling. She’s a nippy cow as well. 

you sound really miserable 😄

Psychedelicropcircle
50 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Best of both worlds. Run rings round him and absolutely smash him in a 50/50, leaving him ina s heap.

FTFY 🧐 

Rick Sanchez

Ben Woodburn is Waitrose. James Scott is Lidl.

Sure, it might work out differently but we're shopping in an entirely different place and I like it. Welsh international v Hull reserve as it stands.

2 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez said:

Ben Woodburn is Waitrose. James Scott is Lidl.

Sure, it might work out differently but we're shopping in an entirely different place and I like it. Welsh international v Hull reserve as it stands.

That's being generous: they are both at a similar level, i reckon.

Loving the optimism but didn't Preston tweet that we will be lucky to see Woodburn before the Dundee Utd game nevermind before Sunday? 

Hoping JKB is right and he is wrong but given he works for Ben's agency...

11 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

It probably does say more about us than the grinners themselves but, yes, I agree.

Just now, Barack said:

Secretly lusts after her type post.😏

I’m not exactly in my prime any more so that’d wipe the smile off her face 😀

Rick Sanchez
3 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

62 games, 6 goals.

I'd be underwhelmed tbh. I'd rather face him than Doidge.

https://t.co/qD1ZtVXXHy

Robbie’s thoughts from yesterday’s press conference. 

The latest on the Woodburn transfer 🤞🏻
Responding to Parkhead defeat and the importance of bouncing back against Aberdeen. 

Quietly confident for Sunday’s match I have to say, especially with the Dons having a tough game last night. 

As always reads appreciated, Michael Smith interview up tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Woodburn is better. 

Training every day with world class players and coaches, international experience and goals, and a far superior development path. 

Scott is a good player with a lot of potential - I would have been quite pleased if we had signed him - but I'm significantly more pleased at getting Woodburn. 

10 minutes ago, WDJ87 said:

Loving the optimism but didn't Preston tweet that we will be lucky to see Woodburn before the Dundee Utd game nevermind before Sunday? 

Hoping JKB is right and he is wrong but given he works for Ben's agency...

There's no way he would be absent from match prep training on a Friday if there was a chance of him playing this weekend. He's not in training today, therefore he won't be in their squad this weekend. Whether he makes it into ours is another question, but I'm taking it as a done deal and that he's probably sitting in his car right now somewhere on the M6. 

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Woodburn is better. 

Training every day with world class players and coaches, international experience and goals, and a far superior development path. 

Scott is a good player with a lot of potential - I would have been quite pleased if we had signed him - but I'm significantly more pleased at getting Woodburn. 

I think we have seen with the likes of Pereira and others who we have shipped in from the likes of Liverpool and Man City that this appears to be a red herring 🤷‍♂️.

I think Woodburn will be a good signing who will improve our squad but we are not signing Mo Salah.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***