• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Are the CB and RWB the priority in your opinion. I keep hearing about midfielders coming or maybe coming and I’m starting to get concerned. Surely those two positions can’t be overlooked.

For me, yes. I'd play Souttar, New Signing, Smith as my back 3 so the RWB would be to free Smith up to do that really. 

That said, we're really short of the wide players in the front 3 of a 433 in terms of depth...but the starting two are good so it's a bit less urgent.

6 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

Don’t need another CM we have the boy Devlin coming in everything else I agree with 

If he comes in, yes. He's not here yet though and if it doesn't happen they need another one.

Arthur Morgan

Assuming we bring in Devlin and Woodburn, I think we need a CB, RB, Winger. 

Edited by Arthur Morgan

RustyRightPeg
2 hours ago, Jamboj1 said:

Ah, still expecting him to be here for aberdeen game. Player himself told Liverpool he wants to come here and play. Hopefully puts the end of the doubt over him however from some on here that klopp is wanting to keep him in that Liverpool squad 

Your confidence is reassuring. Again fingers crossed.

Just now, Taffin said:

For me, yes. I'd play Souttar, New Signing, Smith as my back 3 so the RWB would be to free Smith up to do that really. 

That said, we're really short of the wide players in the front 3 of a 433 in terms of depth...but the starting two are good so it's a bit less urgent.

I’d like the same thing to happen with the defence. It’s difficult to find a balance with such a small squad but with Souttar’s injury record and the fact Smith is older and was out of action, for various reasons last season, I really hope we get defenders in.

Bad enough one of them being unavailable. If the two of them were out we’d be seriously screwed. 

9 minutes ago, Roxy Hearts said:

Bring back Uche! Scored again.

I liked him. Never the same after that injury at Motherwell and the refs gave him nothing.

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

I’d like the same thing to happen with the defence. It’s difficult to find a balance with such a small squad but with Souttar’s injury record and the fact Smith is older and was out of action, for various reasons last season, I really hope we get defenders in.

Bad enough one of them being unavailable. If the two of them were out we’d be seriously screwed. 

Unless I'm mistaken Smith was only out of action on international duty. Was actually his best season injury wise from what I remember.

Our league stops for International breaks this season thankfully

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Unless I'm mistaken Smith was only out of action on international duty. Was actually his best season injury wise from what I remember.

Our league stops for International breaks this season thankfully

Might be getting mixed up with my seasons but did he not have Covid and out injured. 

3 minutes ago, Taffin said:

If he comes in, yes. He's not here yet though and if it doesn't happen they need another one.

is it not done just waiting on the visa application being approved ? 

With neilson comments on it sounds like a formality 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, GinRummy said:

Might be getting mixed up with my seasons but did he not have Covid and out injured. 

He might've missed a couple, god knows last season was a drag and borefest. 

He might've missed a couple, god knows last season was a drag and borefest. 

I could be remembering it wrong. He’s getting on anyway. I really hope we don’t persist with him at RWB. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, GinRummy said:

I could be remembering it wrong. He’s getting on anyway. I really hope we don’t persist with him at RWB. 

Amen.

To be honest, we may need a shape change to fit our best players in the starting 11 based on who's potentially coming in the next week or so.

Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

:facepalm:

We need a signing so folk stop talking pish (myself included)

😂😂😂😂😂signings won’t stop people talking pish. If we signed messi at 10pm, everyone would be back to spraffing shite by 10:15. 

3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

At RWB He gets the ball - looks up then hasnae got a scooby.

14 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Just shows how overrated the English Championship is.

How criminally underrated he was, more like (IMO)

5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Amen.

To be honest, we may need a shape change to fit our best players in the starting 11 based on who's potentially coming in the next week or so.

Remember at the tail end of last season, I think against Raith away, when Boyce played slightly behind GMS and Henderson? That’s the shape we are aiming at imo. The new guy Woodburn playing slightly behind Boyce and GMS or Gnando. In a sort of 3-4-1-2.

Edited by GinRummy

Arthur Morgan
1 minute ago, Jammy T said:

I disagree. He was strong, but technically shocking. Summed him up when he tripped up over his own legs vs St Johnstone. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, GinRummy said:

Remember at the tail end of last season, I think against Raith away, when Boyce played slightly behind GMS and Henderson? That’s the shape we are aiming at imo. The new guy Woodburn playing slightly behind Boyce and GMS. In a sort of 3-4-1-2.

Something like that. Ideally the formation should be something on paper and something we're in defensively.

When we have the ball going forward it should be fluid with our attackers here there and everywhere.

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

We need a signing so folk stop talking pish (myself included)

Would it be terribly rude to do listening to you and go speak to someone else? 

Something like that. Ideally the formation should be something on paper and something we're in defensively.

When we have the ball going forward it should be fluid with our attackers here there and everywhere.

That was one of the problems on Sunday. 2 attacking players on the pitch. No good. 

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Just field all of our midfielders and thatll stop me moaning that we currently dont have one

Unknown user
15 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

He had the potential, there were times he showed quality, but it wasn't often and he didn't play smart enough

BackOfTheNet
13 minutes ago, 160598 said:

You speak English good

RustyRightPeg
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

He had the potential, there were times he showed quality, but it wasn't often and he didn't play smart enough

He was a circus act up here, BFG. Referees didn't know how to referee him.

Down south there's 100 players built like him so he gets away with all these daft fouls that used to be given against him.

16 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Stop getting Bond wrong!

BackOfTheNet

Can we not turn this into an Uche thread? There’s already the English football one as well as many where his name is the title for people to suddenly develop Ikpeazu Tourette's at the mere sight of his name…

”I see Ikpeazu scored again…”

*tick* “Fell over at St. Johnstone!” *squeals* “couldn’t hit a barn door!” *whistles* “great guy, terrible player!”

So let’s move it to the other threads, where the same comments can be rehashed over and over, despite what he goes onto do at other clubs playing a decent level.

14 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Criminal.

Was genuinely embarrassed when this happened. 

He is smashing it for Boro though. Fair play. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Was genuinely embarrassed when this happened. 

He is smashing it for Boro though. Fair play. 

Not last week he wasn’t when he was subbed after being crap on the left wing. 

KyleLafferty

Smith has one more season then I expect cammy Logan hopefully can step up, no need for. RWB.

Centre back, yes but I hope we sign a centre back who is 19/20 on a permanent. We need to plan for Souttar leaving possibly next season aswell.

Wide areas/ Striker , id like a player who could play across the front 3.

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

Smith has one more season then I expect cammy Logan hopefully can step up, no need for. RWB.

Centre back, yes but I hope we sign a centre back who is 19/20 on a permanent. We need to plan for Souttar leaving possibly next season aswell.

Apparently Smith has a games threshold this season. If he hits it he gets a one year extension. Could be interesting. 

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

If he played great every game he’d be playing much higher. I’m assuming you’re talking about his debut and not last weekend’s game where he scored before assisting the winning goal and was named in the Championship team of the week?

Anyway, not this thread for this (rehashed over and over and over) chat. 

Edited by BackOfTheNet

KyleLafferty
Just now, davemclaren said:

Apparently Smith has a games threshold this season. If he hits it he gets a one year extension. Could be interesting. 

He will hit it. But next year either he should go centre back in the 3 or be easing out the team. He’s a good player and been a good servant but we need to give youth a chance albeit if they are good enough.

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

That's hardly surprising. Putting him at left wing is taking the piss. 

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

If he played great every game he’d be playing much higher. I’m assuming you’re talking about his debut and not last weekend’s game where he scored before assisting the winning goal and was named in the Championship team of the week?

Anyway, not this thread for this (rehashed over and over and over) chat. 

Yes I’m talking his debut where he was gash, if you don’t want to talk about him you’re  doing a great job of that answering posts that don’t involve you. 
Maybe leave it to the mods to monitor the thread, because they’d be messaging you more than anyone. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

That's hardly surprising. Putting him at left wing is taking the piss. 

Well yes, we saw that for ourselves under Levein and then Macphee. 

RustyRightPeg
8 minutes ago, KyleLafferty said:

Has Logan been loaned out? Haven’t seen his name much 

19 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Can we not turn this into an Uche thread? There’s already the English football one as well as many where his name is the title for people to suddenly develop Ikpeazu Tourette's at the mere sight of his name…

”I see Ikpeazu scored again…”

*tick* “Fell over at St. Johnstone!” *squeals* “couldn’t hit a barn door!” *whistles* “great guy, terrible player!”

So let’s move it to the other threads, where the same comments can be rehashed over and over, despite what he goes onto do at other clubs playing a decent level.

Im in - the missus is watching Love Island so ive got an hour of shed time with a bottle of voddie.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***