***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

Info I was told didn’t add up with what I seen posted on here from Allan Preston so had to go check 😅🤣

I am actually begging that Preston is wrong, like begging. Can’t stand him.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

jamboinglasgow

Robbie had his press conference today (was wrong about that on another thread, thought he would have it tomorrow.)

Quote from Robbie:

"We're still negotiating with Liverpool. We're almost done with it. It's just a case of getting things finalised so he's still a Liverpool player at the moment. But he's one we're really interested in taking here.

I don't want to comment too much. We're still negotiating, as we are with a few other players as well so we'll see how it goes in the next couple of days.

We've waited a number of months now to get the right players in and we'll continue to do that with the guys we're trying to recruit. If we need to wait, we need to wait."

Update from Jamie Borthwick

Just now, KyleLafferty said:

I am actually begging that Preston is wrong, like begging. Can’t stand him.

Think it may be a while but was told that Woodburn was speaking to Liverpool this afternoon so wanted to see if he was in training, everything is agreed but klopp dragging his heels. Pretty surreal we are in a situation like this 😂

“A few” robbie said. How many players is a few. I reckon four. Otherwise he’d have said “a couple” or “two or three”.

if you grab some grapes out of a bowl, you’d say you took a few. You might actually have seven or eight. 

Heartsofgold
2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Think it may be a while but was told that Woodburn was speaking to Liverpool this afternoon so wanted to see if he was in training, everything is agreed but klopp dragging his heels. Pretty surreal we are in a situation like this 😂

I think it's good that we are showing a little ambition with our signings and taking our time......but not too much time for the love of the Wee Mann cos we need players in!!!!

KyleLafferty
1 minute ago, Jamboj1 said:

I can’t think of a Liverpool player who is injured to hold him back? 
Henderson, keita, Milner, salah, firmino, mane, Ox, Fabinho, Elliot, Jota, Thiago are all fit 😂. You are right this is surreal we are waiting for klopp to say yes 😂

1 minute ago, KyleLafferty said:

I can’t think of a Liverpool player who is injured to hold him back? 
Henderson, keita, Milner, salah, firmino, mane, Ox, Fabinho, Elliot, Jota, Thiago are all fit 😂. You are right this is surreal we are waiting for klopp to say yes 😂

Sounds like they’re waiting on an arrival themselves 

BackOfTheNet

If we have to wait, we have to wait. Will need to get them up to speed when they arrive though, Baningime’s testimonial should prove a good run out…

::troll::

6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

“A few” robbie said. How many players is a few. I reckon four. Otherwise he’d have said “a couple” or “two or three”.

if you grab some grapes out of a bowl, you’d say you took a few. You might actually have seven or eight. 

That’s.. that’s quite a stretch 😂

SomethingAboutObua

Desperately need a good CB to give Halkett a boot up the arse/scare and challenge for starting spot.

Really want a RB/RWB, they don't need to oust Smith but someone that doesn't let Smith coast I'd be happy with 

Berra than you
Just now, SomethingAboutObua said:

Desperately need a good CB to give Halkett a boot up the arse/scare and challenge for starting spot.

Really want a RB/RWB, they don't need to oust Smith but someone that doesn't let Smith coast I'd be happy with 

I think Logan might be the back up to Smith this season, sure it was discussed elsewhere? Agree about a CB. Devlin, Woodburn and a CB would see us just about there I think.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Aww, bless, get you grasping at grapes! 🤣... remember, RN is well known for his 'mis-direction'.... maybe there's fekc-all on the way! 😜

...I'll take 4 grapes though!👍

3 hours ago, erskinehearts said:

i’m sure i heard alan preston is his agent and he’s just cryptically replied “zero” to a tweet claiming we’re very close to getting woodburn 🤔

He is definitely with ICM Stellar Agency and Preston does work for them so if he is not his agent he will probably know the person who is and get insider knowledge.

i’m sure i heard alan preston is his agent and he’s just cryptically replied “zero” to a tweet claiming we’re very close to getting woodburn 🤔

He is definitely with ICM Stellar Agency and Preston does work for them so if he is not his agent he will probably know the person who is and get insider knowledge.

jamboinglasgow

So from the sounds of things, we wont get Woodburn till the end of the window. So means we will first see him play on 12th September, which is a long way away, but the good news it means a derby debut. 

1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So from the sounds of things, we wont get Woodburn till the end of the window. So means we will first see him play on 12th September, which is a long way away, but the good news it means a derby debut. 

Even better if he plays even a few minutes for Liverpool.

More likely then he comes for whole season as you can only play for 2 clubs in a season. 

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Injured on international duty, naturally

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Still negotiating appears to me that its not impossible. If Jurgen gets his hole tonight, might feel a bit more relaxed about the deal in the morning

Just noticed the date on the tweet, Peebles moment. Honestly thought I had got there first, Twitter can do one.

Edited by jambo_74
Peebles

AllyjamboDerbyshire
22 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

On the other hand, if you wanted to make it sound like you had a lot of grapes, instead of just one or two...

15 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Aww, bless, get you grasping at grapes! 🤣... remember, RN is well known for his 'mis-direction'.... maybe there's fekc-all on the way! 😜

...I'll take 4 grapes though!👍

I get I’m maybe not using the right comparison with grapes. It might be Revels. A few Revels is minimum 10 😮

3 minutes ago, AllyjamboDerbyshire said:

On the other hand, if you wanted to make it sound like you had a lot of grapes, instead of just one or two...

Any excuse to wine

kingantti1874
6 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

:facepalm:Oh well,   as you can probably tell - don't rate the guy!

Well you aren’t wrong with that assessment 

5 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

There's been a few memorable derby debut's over the years... pretty sure Jose Quitongo scored on his debut against the hobos.

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

I get I’m maybe not using the right comparison with grapes. It might be Revels. A few Revels is minimum 10 😮

😅 Yes, 10 minimum, definitely!

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

No idea why this post has appeared on here four times. Sorry folks it was not meant.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

Heard you the third time😀

24 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Still negotiating appears to me that its not impossible. If Jurgen gets his hole tonight, might feel a bit more relaxed about the deal in the morning

Would you.

Liverpool stars and WAGs turn out for James Milner ...

26 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

IMG_20210819_162547.jpg

8 minutes ago, innerjambo said:

So, are we signing grapes, or not?

Possibly, but its difficult, there's a bunch to choose from :whistling:

1 minute ago, merrymac said:

Possibly, but its difficult, there's a bunch to choose from :whistling:

Leave the green ones to rot I reckon. Actually, they're already rotten.

Just now, innerjambo said:

Leave the green ones to rot I reckon. Actually, they're already rotten.

Yep the red(maroon) grapes are far tastier and healthier

Footballfirst
35 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

There is usually a surge in loan deals as the window closes, as players and clubs evaluate the offers on the table and will go for the one that best fits their needs.

I continue to hope that an approach Hearts made to an EPL club for a CB is still on the table.  The target hasn't gone on loan to any other club as yet despite the interest of at least one other club, so hope springs eternal.

46 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Even better if he plays even a few minutes for Liverpool.

More likely then he comes for whole season as you can only play for 2 clubs in a season. 

Even cross border? I didn't know that. Very interesting and I think would work for us in the long run (unless he went back to Liverpool in January which would still only be 2 clubs).

jamboinglasgow
9 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

There is usually a surge in loan deals as the window closes, as players and clubs evaluate the offers on the table and will go for the one that best fits their needs.

I continue to hope that an approach Hearts made to an EPL club for a CB is still on the table.  The target hasn't gone on loan to any other club as yet despite the interest of at least one other club, so hope springs eternal.

That is a good point (and nice little rumour slipped in.) I do think we are looking to play the market a bit and so I can see the end of the window being very busy. Plus Covid has made clubs reluctant to spend large so clubs are facing the big choices on the players in their squads they want to get rid of.

3 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Even cross border? I didn't know that. Very interesting and I think would work for us in the long run (unless he went back to Liverpool in January which would still only be 2 clubs).

World wide FIFA rule.

5 hours ago, The_razors_edge said:

Great first touch and good strike. More impressive though is the Welsh national anthem in this clip. Sent shivers down my spine listening to that. 

Beat me to it. I left Wales 41 years ago. When I hear that it makes me want to cuddle me Dad 😀

13 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Beat me to it. I left Wales 41 years ago. When I hear that it makes me want to cuddle me Dad 😀

Nice post, Jh.  👍

1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

No idea why this post has appeared on here four times. Sorry folks it was not meant.

Wasn't four it was a few

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***