Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

SuperstarSteve
25 minutes ago, Ccjambo1874 said:

Criminal.

That was a one off to be fair, well from my memory. 

His touch was pretty good, the one against Aberdeen was just sublime. Ball coming over his shoulder and he turns his head, jumps, lifts leg above his chest, ball sticks to his foot as he brings it down and continues the run, all the whilst holding off Aberdeen players. It ssd incredible to watch tbh.

His goal away to Aberdeen in another game was pretty a decent touch and finish if I remember correctly and his step overs before laying off hickey for the winner against are the 3 standouts for me. 

Was he good enough? Probably not but the officials up here hindered him and also playing out wide regular instead of up top for us was abit mental. 

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes I’m talking his debut where he was gash, if you don’t want to talk about him you’re  doing a great job of that answering posts that don’t involve you. 
Maybe leave it to the mods to monitor the thread, because they’d be messaging you more than anyone. 

Awfully defensive and snippy. People can disagree on a topic without resorting to such things. I countered your argument with facts, no need to get petty. If on a public forum you omit or skew things to suit your point people will call you out in it, that’s all I was doing.

RustyRightPeg

Just on the Liverpool train with Woodburn, another player who may be on the radar is Jordan Ibe, ex Liverpool, recently freed by Bournemouth.

the lad has struggled latterly with his mental health and has been particularly open about it. 

Talented player when he’s on his game. We could be the club for him to restart his career.

Edited by RustyRightPeg

14 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Apparently Smith has a games threshold this season. If he hits it he gets a one year extension. Could be interesting. 

Sounds like more expense

51 minutes ago, Kyle1874 said:

is it not done just waiting on the visa application being approved ? 

With neilson comments on it sounds like a formality 

Sounds like it is, but when will that be? If it's not soon, I'd say we need another target that we can get in and registered.

If he comes in, then that should be enough central mids imo.

BackOfTheNet
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Just on the Liverpool train with Woodburn, another player who may be on the radar is Jordan Ibe, recently freed by Bournemouth.

the lad has struggled latterly with his mental health and has been particularly open about it. 

Talented player when he’s on his game. We could be the club for him to restart his career.

Was mentioned earlier in this thread. By Batistuta possibly?

RustyRightPeg
Just now, BackOfTheNet said:

apologies if so. just trawling transfermarkt

6 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Awfully defensive and snippy. People can disagree on a topic without resorting to such things. I countered your argument with facts, no need to get petty. If on a public forum you omit or skew things to suit your point people will call you out in it, that’s all I was doing.

The proof is in the pudding, and the pudding, in this case, is football."

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I stated a fact that he was subbed after playing on the left wing. None of that is my opinion or skewed. 
If you bam up threads by talking pish ( your words) you’re not really in a position to tell others not to do it, not that I was. 
Im watching Celtic and they’re winning which is never good for my mood. 

I stated a fact that he was subbed after playing on the left wing. None of that is my opinion or skewed. 
If you bam up threads by talking pish ( your words) you’re not really in a position to tell others not to do it, not that I was. 

WTF Did that Furuhashi come from - turns up last week and hes banged in how many ?

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Just on the Liverpool train with Woodburn, another player who may be on the radar is Jordan Ibe, ex Liverpool, recently freed by Bournemouth.

I’m not sure playing for us is the best way to test your mental health, wish the guy all the best. 

39 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Reminded me of Matt Elliot - total huddy

Couldn't even do the simple things, like holding it up and playing a simple pass, constantly gave away free kicks. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

I’m not sure playing for us is the best way to test your mental health, wish the guy all the best. 

He is going about it the correct way talking about it, good luck to him both playing for us and privately I say.

Pasquale for King
Just now, 160598 said:

WTF Did that Furuhashi come from - turns up last week and hes banged in how many ?

Japan I imagine, Vissel Kōbe, 14th in a 18 team league. Ange used to work there. Liked the sushi a bit much perhaps 😆

4 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

Couldn't even do the simple things, like holding it up and playing a simple pass, constantly gave away free kicks. 

Instantly forgettable

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, brux said:

He is going about it the correct way talking about it, good luck to him both playing for us and privately I say.

Absolutely. 

10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

nothing serious hopefully

The Riccarton academy graduate is recovering from a back injury which has hitherto prevented him participating in matches. Once fully fit, he is expected to push for game-time in the first team.

The reliable Smith, 32, remains manager Robbie Neilson’s first-choice right-back and has played every minute of Hearts’ three Premier Sports Cup ties this month.

The Edinburgh club’s plan is for 19-year-old Logan to operate as an able-bodied back-up this term

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

We did a lot for Lafferty and he repaid us (sort of)

10 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

nothing serious hopefully

The Riccarton academy graduate is recovering from a back injury which has hitherto prevented him participating in matches. Once fully fit, he is expected to push for game-time in the first team.

The reliable Smith, 32, remains manager Robbie Neilson’s first-choice right-back and has played every minute of Hearts’ three Premier Sports Cup ties this month.

The Edinburgh club’s plan is for 19-year-old Logan to operate as an able-bodied back-up this term

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

8 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Same RRP. I know nothing of us actually looking at him, just spotted that he'd been freed and thought he might be worth a punt if his head's in the game.

Japan I imagine, Vissel Kōbe, 14th in a 18 team league. Ange used to work there. Liked the sushi a bit much perhaps 😆

What gave it away - Nelly will have them all on sushi by next week - hes tried everything else

Samuel Camazzola
7 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Never liked Klopp. Nobody needs to smile so often about **** all. 

Just seems very happy with his hair transplant, regular hair dye and new teeth. Deutschland's next top model. 

3 minutes ago, bazman said:

good post cheers

BackOfTheNet
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

No, no. Not saying anything like that. Just thinking I remember it mentioned before.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Gladly not on TV so I’m watching English Championship and West Brom skelping Sheffield United. No horse in that race for me. It was nothing personal mate, but the Ikpeazu topic is one that gets my goat, the guy doesn’t deserve the insults he gets (relative to how good/bad all of our former players have been he’s nowhere near as bad as some make out) and sometimes I feel the need to speak up as very few do.

I’m not saying people can’t have the opinion he was gash when he was with us, I don’t think he was (far from it) but I acknowledge many do. But that doesn’t mean if he was he still is. One of the worst goalkeeping performances I ever saw at Tynecastle was Allan McGregor when he was on loan at Dunfermline, was telling anyone who would listen about how bad he was and how he’ll never make it at Rangers. When I see people constantly have a go at Ikpeazu, regardless of how well he performs at a good level, it makes me think that’s what I would sound like if I just stubbornly kept my initial opinion of McGregor. (Not a comparison of the two players you understand, just making a point)

What I meant about you omitting information is you only mentioned his debut game, which on its own would back up that he’s not playing great, but then omit the fact that in a more recent game the following week he scored, assisted and out in a MoM performance. I’m not saying you intentionally did this, but a lot of people get vocal when certain players don’t play well, and are silent when they do play well. Which doesn’t make sense to me. 

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

No, no. Not saying anything like that. Just thinking I remember it mentioned before.

Gladly not on TV so I’m watching English Championship and West Brom skelping Sheffield United. No horse in that race for me. It was nothing personal mate, but the Ikpeazu topic is one that gets my goat, the guy doesn’t deserve the insults he gets (relative to how good/bad all of our former players have been he’s nowhere near as bad as some make out) and sometimes I feel the need to speak up as very few do.

I’m not saying people can’t have the opinion he was gash when he was with us, I don’t think he was (far from it) but I acknowledge many do. But that doesn’t mean if he was he still is. One of the worst goalkeeping performances I ever saw at Tynecastle was Allan McGregor when he was on loan at Dunfermline, was telling anyone who would listen about how bad he was and how he’ll never make it at Rangers. When I see people constantly have a go at Ikpeazu, regardless of how well he performs at a good level, it makes me think that’s what I would sound like if I just stubbornly kept my initial opinion of McGregor. (Not a comparison of the two players you understand, just making a point)

What I meant about you omitting information is you only mentioned his debut game, which on its own would back up that he’s not playing great, but then omit the fact that in a more recent game the following week he scored, assisted and out in a MoM performance. I’m not saying you intentionally did this, but a lot of people get vocal when certain players don’t play well, and are silent when they do play well. Which doesn’t make sense to me. 

Hes a bawbag

8 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Instantly forgettable

Couldn't trap a bag of cement.

Cole Stockton is banging them in at Morecombe in League 1, 4 goals in 3 games. It just shows how overrated the English Leagues are below the EPL. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Cruyff said:

Cole Stockton is banging them in at Morecombe in League 1, 4 goals in 3 games. It just shows how overrated the English Leagues are below the EPL. 

Meh, I think we’re masters at signing players at the wrong time and writing them off early doors 

2 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

hmmm yep -  notice a certain C washington banging them in

RustyRightPeg

Coincidentally on the topic of Uche and the standard of the championship, Sam Cosgrove went to Birmingham and has been punted on loan to Shrewsbury in league 1. 

A year and a half ago if you were to ask any hearts fan who they’d prefer in their team I reckon more than half would say Cosgrove based on what he did up here. 

Suppose it shows having a manager and team playing to your strengths helps you more than we know 

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Meh, I think we’re masters at signing players at the wrong time and writing them off early doors 

This. We’ve signed some players (some, not all) and either utilised them horribly or when they have potential not properly developed them. And we as fans have every right to demand a decent standard, but we’re also as fan base far too entitled given the level of success we actually have achieved in the game, so our expectancy levels and how we treat players (on the pitch and online) is unreasonable at times to say the least.

3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

This. We’ve signed some players (some, not all) and either utilised them horribly or when they have potential not properly developed them. And we as fans have every right to demand a decent standard, but we’re also as fan base far too entitled given the level of success we actually have achieved in the game, so our expectancy levels and how we treat players (on the pitch and online) is unreasonable at times to say the least.

Theres deffo been quality come and gone

RustyRightPeg
4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

yep good post 👍🏽 

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I liked Uche more than most it looks like - don’t forget his set up for Lafferty goal against Celtic on the good points and there are more than being mentioned.

That being said as my manager that puts Uche left wing needs shot 😂

Pasquale for King
25 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

We did a lot for Lafferty and he repaid us (sort of)

Yes and he was more popular with the section of our support who might well target Ibe. A risk that might not be worth taking. 

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Right ladies ive got 30 mins of shed time left so Michael Smith - average - discuss

Definitely, turns back far to often and has no quality going forward. 

David McCaig
1 hour ago, Jammy T said:

How criminally underrated he was, more like (IMO)

Still hard to believe that Daniel Stendel preferred Steven MacLean as a lone striker over playing Uche!!

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

Yes and he was more popular with the section of our support who might well target Ibe. A risk that might not be worth taking. 

What section is that

Pasquale for King
24 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m not really that bothered about Uche one way or the other, my post was in response to Bati saying he was crushing it at Boro and having seen him in the first game he wasn’t. 
Not the worst and unplayable at times but needed to spend more time with a ball than in the gym and in his words “nearly the finished article” that he said in the programme once. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

What section is that

The ones that sing about flutes and hello hello, hated Isma/Djoum etc. 

6 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Definitely, turns back far to often and has no quality going forward. 

Thats 2 nil at half time for the Smith is average

Pasquale for King
12 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I agree and would say Sean Clare was one of them, constantly moved around during games and as a consequence didn’t flourish or nail a down a position. He only pushed on when he saw someone to give him advice on the mental aspects of the game. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Pasquale for King said:

The ones that sing about flutes and hello hello, hated Isma/Djoum etc. 

The ones that find sectarian songs / casual racism acceptable? Let’s not beat around the bush here. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Thats 2 nil at half time for the Smith is average

I see us losing late goals to be honest. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

The ones that find sectarian songs / casual racism acceptable? Let’s not beat around the bush here. 

Yeah those *****. 

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I see us losing late goals to be honest. 

Aye hahahahahahhahaha - wait till you know who logs on

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***