***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

5 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I agree and would say Sean Clare was one of them, constantly moved around during games and as a consequence didn’t flourish or nail a down a position. He only pushed on when he saw someone to give him advice on the mental aspects of the game. 

great post

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

BackOfTheNet
4 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I agree and would say Sean Clare was one of them, constantly moved around during games and as a consequence didn’t flourish or nail a down a position. He only pushed on when he saw someone to give him advice on the mental aspects of the game. 

Completely agree on Clare

4 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Completely agree on Clare

Dunno about mental health but will agree quickly as my fun shed is literally on fire - oddly i have an internet connection - dont figure

3 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Dunno about mental health but will agree quickly as my fun shed is literally on fire - oddly i have an internet connection - dont figure

And the Mrs says what do you mean the shed is on fire - what part of that did I get wrong

Aussie Jambo

Still nothing on the young Welsh fella?  Is he or isn’t he? Or just another shitey newspaper feed to get our undivided attention?

ConcreteConcreteAnnashummingbird-size_re

53 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Same RRP. I know nothing of us actually looking at him, just spotted that he'd been freed and thought he might be worth a punt if his head's in the game.

He was linked to us in 2014, and at the time I’m sure he was of woodburns Calibre. Not just a squad filler and getting a bit of game time.

I might be wrong though.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-target-liverpools-jordon-ibe-king-exits-1546568%3famp

3 minutes ago, Dayman said:

He was linked to us in 2014, and at the time I’m sure he was of woodburns Calibre. Not just a squad filler and getting a bit of game time.

I might be wrong though.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-target-liverpools-jordon-ibe-king-exits-1546568%3famp

That's interesting thanks - genuinely never knew this happened! 👍🏻

56 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Meh, I think we’re masters at signing players at the wrong time and writing them off early doors 

The SPL is a better level than folk think it is. 

55 minutes ago, 160598 said:

hmmm yep -  notice a certain C washington banging them in

Indeed

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Well yes, we saw that for ourselves under Levein and then Macphee. 

Definitely. He was/is a big beefcake and I never understood why anybody ever tried to get any sort of different tune out of him! But Levein was known for trying to fit square pegs in round holes wasn't he. 

Didn't see the game you're referring to but he had a very strong pre-season where I think he scored in most if not every game, and he had a great game last week. Their fans love him already. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Definitely. He was/is a big beefcake and I never understood why anybody ever tried to get any sort of different tune out of him! But Levein was known for trying to fit square pegs in round holes wasn't he. 

Didn't see the game you're referring to but he had a very strong pre-season where I think he scored in most if not every game, and he had a great game last week. Their fans love him already. 

Yeah he poor, I know a Boro fan so I only wish the worst on them 😆
I think he’s a rough diamond that needs coached properly, arm round the shoulder type thing and needs to work on his ball control. Naismith was a good partner for him as he basically told him what to do. 
Im sure we would’ve got a cut of the transfer fee Boro paid. That league is well suited to his talents. 

8 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

fuks sake - do you have to swallow an im shite pill when u sign for hmfc

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

Same RRP. I know nothing of us actually looking at him, just spotted that he'd been freed and thought he might be worth a punt if his head's in the game.

It's one that I would see as beneficial for all parties tbh

We get a player well above our level (on his day), and he gets a place to restart and gain his confidence back. 

He'd have less outside pressure here (less big press etc) 

Could get back to enjoying his football again

Think he needs to get away from EPL or Championship teams and have a fresh start, regardless whether that would be us or not

6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

The SPL is a better level than folk think it is. 

It's a weird one. I don't think the general standard is that great but people - punters, players, managers - do underestimate how difficult it can be, as demonstrated by the amount of technically very good players who have came here and been utter pish. I dont know if our teams just shit the bed in Europe, but generally the Scottish contingent end up being papped out of the qualifiers by some Moldovans or something. 

5 minutes ago, Gulf Jambo said:

It's one that I would see as beneficial for all parties tbh

We get a player well above our level (on his day), and he gets a place to restart and gain his confidence back. 

He'd have less outside pressure here (less big press etc) 

Could get back to enjoying his football again

Think he needs to get away from EPL or Championship teams and have a fresh start, regardless whether that would be us or not

Agree aye. Someone I'd be quite impressed with if we signed, but he would need to get the help he needs mentally, and to work hard to get back into the right place physically. He'd be a risk but clubs like Hearts sometimes need to take risks to get players who might otherwise be out of our reach. 

Levein gets so many mentions. I remember when he nutted his other CB and got sent off - therefor losing our whole back line in 1 second - cant remember his name but he got done for nicking tellies last i heard of him - was it neil something - help

7 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Levein gets so many mentions. I remember when he nutted his other CB and got sent off - therefor losing our whole back line in 1 second - cant remember his name but he got done for nicking tellies last i heard of him - was it neil something - help

hogg - maclean era

12 minutes ago, 160598 said:

Nah that was gramme Hogg

Ex -Ranger Ian Ferguson was nicked for selling stolen gear though 

Arthur Morgan
2 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

and his step overs before laying off hickey for the winner against are the 3 standouts for me. 

Wow, seriously? Those were the worst 'step overs' I've ever seen!

2 hours ago, SuperstarSteve said:

That was a one off to be fair, well from my memory. 

His touch was pretty good, the one against Aberdeen was just sublime. Ball coming over his shoulder and he turns his head, jumps, lifts leg above his chest, ball sticks to his foot as he brings it down and continues the run, all the whilst holding off Aberdeen players. It ssd incredible to watch tbh.

His goal away to Aberdeen in another game was pretty a decent touch and finish if I remember correctly and his step overs before laying off hickey for the winner against are the 3 standouts for me. 

Was he good enough? Probably not but the officials up here hindered him and also playing out wide regular instead of up top for us was abit mental. 

Not forgetting his turn and shot for the equaliser against Hibs when we won 2-1 at ER. 

I liked him. Very unfairly treated by some fans much like Isma and Prince Buaban before him. 

Edited by luckydug

BackOfTheNet

Have to say, after yesterday’s excitement inducing “news” that he signed, seems a lot of folk will have had their wood burned somewhat today. Here’s hoping for more ‘uplifting’ news tomorrow…

1 hour ago, Batistuta87 said:

That's interesting thanks - genuinely never knew this happened! 👍🏻

I think we actually ended up with Ngoo as his debut was in the match mentioned I think.

A slight downgrade...

Byyy The Light
17 minutes ago, luckydug said:

Not forgetting his turn and shot for the equaliser against Hibs when we won 2-1 at ER. 

I liked him. Very unfairly treated by some fans much like Isma and Prince Buaban before him. 

Prince and Isma far superior 

10 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Have to say, after yesterday’s excitement inducing “news” that he signed, seems a lot of folk will have had their wood burned somewhat today. Here’s hoping for more ‘uplifting’ news tomorrow…

Maybe klopps just said, you've got a future at this club, we're not dumping you, all the best.    Rather than just say, is that you off then, bye.    He's one that looks after and encourages youth.    Or I could be wrong ☺.  

If I've learned one thing about the hickey deal, it's story sources can get twisted or altered into news.  I was reading a Liverpool fan page article about Woodburn and Hearts,  source was from the edinburgh evening news ☺   I was expecting abit more local Intel 😡 

Thursday 👀.   Usually a good day for transfers. 

14 minutes ago, Dayman said:

I think we actually ended up with Ngoo as his debut was in the match mentioned I think.

A slight downgrade...

Ngoo was the year before. We ended up with Paul McCallum.

We debated the strategy for getting Beni in earlier.

Signing undervalued players who need to get out (of the EPL) to get up (eventually back into first time EPL). 

Same city, different side of Stanley Park, Ben Woodburn is in. 

Plays upfront as well, a Liverpool squad player joins our strike force = goosebumps. 

Check him out...skills. 

Put Smith to centre back as he can’t cross a ball and is getting on a bit.

Bring in a more natural right wing back and have Logan compete with them. 

Get another centre back in - Halkett is dogshit, Souttar is injury prone and Kingsley is a left back.

Devlin set to come in, Pollock will be loaned out imo. Would still leave us with 5 centre midfielders, wonder if that’s one too many or not. 4 of them more defensive minded too. 

Woodburn in to compete with GMS and Gino + Henderson and Connor Smith to bulk the squad up 

Get another striker in also, too light with just Boyce and Nando.

Big 2 weeks for Savage & co.

15 hours ago, Barack said:

McEneff was on Spurs' books. No shame in not making the grade there. Or pretty much any Top 8 EPL side. The Foden's & Kane's of this world, are in the 00000000000.1% of hits, compared to the rest that fall by the wayside. McEneff will still get his chances. Walker...it's Raith Rovers time, I think.

00000000000.1% is the same as 0.1% or 0.001 or 1 in a thousand. 🧐 

:whistling:

SuperstarSteve
2 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

I agree. I’m no admiring his skill just the cheek, regardless the big guy had/has ability. 

SuperstarSteve
2 hours ago, Arthur Morgan said:

Also I recently just finished red dead 2 and Arthur died earlier today!  The chances in you popping up with that name is one in a million surely 😂

So is this Woody fella coming or not?

Is there anything definitive on it yet or still waiting on Klopp deciding if he is the new Wijnaldum?

7 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Has 2 assists so far this season

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Does seem to waste a lot of crosses/shots though. 

Probably no more than anyone else. 

I'd still move him to CB tho, especially if we continue with 3 at the back. 

Just now, Smith's right boot said:

Probably no more than anyone else. 

I'd still move him to CB tho, especially if we continue with 3 at the back. 

It seems to be more than others to me. I'm sure some stat expert will pop up and help the discussion shortly. Agree he should be CB, always been really impressed with him there.

Unknown user
21 minutes ago, davie1980 said:

So is this Woody fella coming or not?

Is there anything definitive on it yet or still waiting on Klopp deciding if he is the new Wijnaldum?

I believe he is signing but we want to unveil him with Joel Eskbank and Darren Mayfield 

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

I believe he is signing but we want to unveil him with Joel Eskbank and Darren Mayfield 

And Jimmy Easthooses as well I hear. 

13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Can't sign till he has finished his shift at the miners club. 

8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

I’m going to try some reverse psychology and say today is NOT going to be the day and see what happens…

Hopefully this is another day you are wrong. 

The Old Tolbooth
13 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

What area? He hasn’t had a game for 3 years - surely they have another home grown player in the u18s who can also not play?

I repeated what James Pearce stated, that they're looking to recruit in Ben's area for Liverpool, someone of a much higher calibre to give them added strength in depth, Ben is a cracking player, but he's not Liverpool standard. 

36 minutes ago, Smithee said:

You been doing a bit digging for info?

8 hours ago, Famous 1874 said:

Bring in a more natural right wing back and have Logan compete with them. 

Get another centre back in - Halkett is dogshit, Souttar is injury prone and Kingsley is a left back.

Devlin set to come in, Pollock will be loaned out imo. Would still leave us with 5 centre midfielders, wonder if that’s one too many or not. 4 of them more defensive minded too. 

Woodburn in to compete with GMS and Gino + Henderson and Connor Smith to bulk the squad up 

Get another striker in also, too light with just Boyce and Nando.

Big 2 weeks for Savage & co.

I think Smith has suddenly lost a bit physicality. Not that he really was that type in nature but it looks glaring to me.  He can do his usual stop gap job at CH but I personally wouldn’t like to see it on a weekly basis. 

Imo, it’s getting to the stage we need more energy and quality on the right side. He’s easy beat one on one aswell. 

The Old Tolbooth
30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Hopefully this is another day you are wrong. 

You made that sound like he's wrong all the time :lol: 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***