• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

So Make Some Noise..

If you look at the question posed, Preston answered it quite clearly so I'm not sure why people are looking for cryptic messages in his post or using this as an opportunity to throw cheap slurs his way on a transfers thread 😄

Honestly guys, have a word!

Edited by So Make Some Noise..

37 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

no, the bench isn’t the team. And you are missing the point entirely. Klopp is sarcastically protesting “no no you can’t let woodburn go!! We need him!!”, because his squad is pitifully thin for a side expected to challenge for a title. He is having a pop at the higher ups. He has been visibly frustrated in all his pressers and interviews and looks stressed. He knows he needs at least 3 or 4 players in midfield, and attack, but his bosses have secured 0 players in those areas and spent 0 while the rivals have spent half a billion between them. 

🆒

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, GinRummy said:

The long passes/crosses stat surprises me. 

It should... I made it up. 😂😂😂

50 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

doesn’t tell the whole story.  Recently he has stopped driving forward checking at half way or close to it and pulling taking the easy but ineffective pass.

i feel he is scared to get ahead of his man to often

Tbh, It tells nos story.... False information. 

👍

I was just "Trumping" it up. 

2 hours ago, Ari Gold said:

We need a commanding centre back to play in the middle of the 3 to replace Halkett, that's always been the case imo. Keep Souttar on the right of back 3 as that role is perfect for him. 

We need a more attacking RWB. 

Agree totally with this.

27 minutes ago, Des Lynam said:

The bench is the team 

:rofl: 

Well it is. Is it the starting team? No. Is is the team? Yes.

It's obvious those in this thread who have never been in anything other than amateur football at best.

lost in space
6 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

If you look at the question posed, Preston answered it quite clearly so I'm not sure why people are looking for cryptic messages in his post or using this as an opportunity to throw cheap slurs his way on a transfers thread 😄

Correct. To be fair it did look a strange answer until we saw the actual question.

17 hours ago, Thomaso said:

I am unaware of another Scottish player being banned sine die - was there another?

0C782B0F-5A4B-4CFF-B546-425F29CCBD0A.jpeg

I hadn't noticed that you specified Scottish player in your earlier post and don't know the answer to your question. I do, however, consider it unlikely that the SFA has never imposed a ban without limit of time on any other player in the course of the past century and a half.

23 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

When does window close?

This is going to drag out it seems.

Hope we have other options lined up.

End of this month for players under contract but can sign free agents after this.

12 minutes ago, Tazio said:

So basically we are stuck in the middle between Klopp and his board as he tries to leverage them to sign new midfielders. 

Players coming back in to full fitness. 

9 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

It's the transfer thread where tears, snotters and seethe are the order of the day, but to lash out at Preston when he seems to have added actual information to the situation instead of the usual rumour, is weird even for this thread

Borders Jambo
11 minutes ago, So Make Some Noise.. said:

The problem is Preston is to my mind completely unprofessional commenting on a deal in a public forum.  Never mind the aspect of breaching confidentiality

To my mind and this is perhaps another cheap slur going his way, its entirely typical of the man.  Purports to be a Hearts supporter but panders to his BBC paymasters and spends large amounts of time slagging off all aspects of Hearts.  I listened to him a while back whilst he was at a Hibs match and the fawning of all things Hibs and Jack Ross was nauseating.   

3 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

The problem is Preston is to my mind completely unprofessional commenting on a deal in a public forum.  Never mind the aspect of breaching confidentiality

To my mind and this is perhaps another cheap slur going his way, its entirely typical of the man.  Purports to be a Hearts supporter but panders to his BBC paymasters and spends large amounts of time slagging off all aspects of Hearts.  I listened to him a while back whilst he was at a Hibs match and the fawning of all things Hibs and Jack Ross was nauseating.   

I can explain all of this.... 

Alan Preston is a fud. 

Allan Preston - how not to win friends and influence people.

Given our new regime of being tight lipped I doubt he'll be that welcome at Tynecastle by our director team.

10 minutes ago, Borders Jambo said:

Fair comment.

7 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Alan Preston is a fud. 

...also a fair comment.

6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Alan Preston is a fud. 

Pretty sure Alan Preston doesn't know Ben Woodburn.......he does however know Jack Sh!t.    

3 hours ago, john thomas said:

You think Smith lacks energy ?

Maybe a bit vague there. More combining athleticism and quality. We’ve got it on the left but not on the right.  

jamboinglasgow
10 minutes ago, Jammy T said:

Allan Preston - how not to win friends and influence people.

Given our new regime of being tight lipped I doubt he'll be that welcome at Tynecastle by our director team.

Especially if he is not the main agent for Woodburn from that company. 

RustyRightPeg

Very strange from Preston isn’t it. As well as being completely unprofessional it’s just strange putting his name on something that might not materialise as he’s said. Football changes everyday… and he’d look like a complete bellend if Hearts do indeed get the deal over the line in the next few days. 

Nice to see the guessing journos getting their pants pulled down. Claiming exclusives of made up material and then covering it up with 'oh things have changed'.

kingantti1874
16 minutes ago, Gmcjambo said:

Pretty sure Alan Preston doesn't know Ben Woodburn.......he does however know Jack Sh!t.    

Alan Preston is his agent 😂

kingantti1874
11 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Especially if he is not the main agent for Woodburn from that company. 

he is though. Still a tosser but ITK on this one

6 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Very strange from Preston isn’t it. As well as being completely unprofessional it’s just strange putting his name on something that might not materialise as he’s said. Football changes everyday… and he’d look like a complete bellend if Hearts do indeed get the deal over the line in the next few days. 

His lack of professionalism is shown , think pointed out earlier , when he promotes his agency players when working as a pundit for the BBC . Would have thought that breached more than one of their rules

A_A wehatethehibs
16 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Probably explains why the lads career is off the cliff TBh 

11 minutes ago, john thomas said:

His lack of professionalism is shown , think pointed out earlier , when he promotes his agency players when working as a pundit for the BBC . Would have thought that breached more than one of their rules

Vaguely recall this happening when Gordon Smith was representing players and was blatantly linking players with moves to the OF.

Never mind Woodburn...our season finished in April and still the central defensive area hasn't been sorted. There's Halkett, Souttar and.....that's it. Popescu isn't wanted, Berra has left and still this area is being over-looked. A dominating central defender has to be sourced or it'll come back and bite us on the arse during the season. Same with upfront...against Celtic there was Boyce and.....again, that's it. The two most important areas in a team, strong defender and goalscorer yet both appear to not be important. The obsession with midfielders carries on. We lose Damour, Irving, Lee, Cochrane to free up some wages to hopefully use the cash (we hoped) for other areas of the team and the money is used for a (now) possible three midfielders coming in, Beningime, the Australian guy and this Liverpool guy. McEneff was supposedly the missing box-to-box midfielder we signed to go up and support the attack. What's the deal with him? 

Getting a defender and striker in could well be the difference of where we finish come the end of the season and should be prioritized. If not, it's going to be a long, hard season. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Preston, useless as a player, useless as a manager, useless as a pundit, and now useless as an agent.

Just as well he was good at eating biscuits eh

5 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Never mind Woodburn...our season finished in April and still the central defensive area hasn't been sorted. There's Halkett, Souttar and.....that's it. Popescu isn't wanted, Berra has left and still this area is being over-looked. A dominating central defender has to be sourced or it'll come back and bite us on the arse during the season. Same with upfront...against Celtic there was Boyce and.....again, that's it. The two most important areas in a team, strong defender and goalscorer yet both appear to not be important. The obsession with midfielders carries on. We lose Damour, Irving, Lee, Cochrane to free up some wages to hopefully use the cash (we hoped) for other areas of the team and the money is used for a (now) possible three midfielders coming in, Beningime, the Australian guy and this Liverpool guy. McEneff was supposedly the missing box-to-box midfielder we signed to go up and support the attack. What's the deal with him? 

Getting a defender and striker in could well be the difference of where we finish come the end of the season and should be prioritized. If not, it's going to be a long, hard season. 

Decent back up striker and Solid CB needed, definitely !

BackOfTheNet

On a serious note even if Devlin and Woodburn sign, but late in the window, we’re still short of at least 2 if not 3 players. So with 12 days to go of the window and no peep regarding anyone else, so we need to consider it might just not happen?

Just now, gorgieheart said:

Decent back up striker and Solid CB needed, definitely !

Honestly, this square-peg-round-hole stuff has never washed with me. Playing Kingsley or Cochrane in there may be fine in an emergency but not every week. Imagine playing Tosh McKinlay in there in the 80s and 90s!?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Honestly, this square-peg-round-hole stuff has never washed with me. Playing Kingsley or Cochrane in there may be fine in an emergency but not every week. Imagine playing Tosh McKinlay in there in the 80s and 90s!?

Seems to be working fine to me. Neither been a problem so far. More concerned about dominating from high balls, without wanting to be a bore, the recognised centre half seems to be more of a weak link

1 hour ago, Mikey1874 said:

Players coming back in to full fitness. 

This. Think they have 4 guys coming back from injury so he'll want to keep Woodburn as backup for now

Pasquale for King
54 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

No he’s not, why would a young Liverpool player have him as his agent? His actual agent is called Dave Brammer, he and Preston work for the company Stellar that represent Woodburn. 

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Seems to be working fine to me. Neither been a problem so far. More concerned about dominating from high balls, without wanting to be a bore, the recognised centre half seems to be more of a weak link

Admittedly it is working fine. However I would like to see what Kingsley can do in the LWB position, as at LB I worry at times defensively (like Smith people get in behind too often) and his best attributes are going forward I feel.

15 minutes ago, jambonian said:

On the other hand Mahe,Wallace and Fyssas would revel in it.

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

It may be (just about) okay at the moment but a strong defender in the air is a major plus when it comes to clearing the ball from corners and free-kicks etc. as well as an extra bonus as an attacking option from any corners or free-kicks we win ourselves. To be honest, from what i've seen so far this season the goals we've lost are due to a lack of organisation and we've just about managed to scramble the ball away enough times to not lose anymore than what we have. Won't do any harm to have an out-and-out centre-back available, particularly if the opposition are effective in the air.

RustyRightPeg
23 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

On a serious note even if Devlin and Woodburn sign, but late in the window, we’re still short of at least 2 if not 3 players. So with 12 days to go of the window and no peep regarding anyone else, so we need to consider it might just not happen?

Bar Woodburn, there hasn’t been a peep about anything until it’s happened essentially. 

Trust wee Joe and his mate in Southampton.

jamboinglasgow
13 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Doubt it. Considering with Baningime, from first hearing we are after him to signing him was two days, Devlin was pretty much word that he had signed pending work permit. We were only first told about Woodburn two days ago. Cochrane came out of the blue when announced in terms of press.

So I think there are a couple of other signings that will come out between now and the end of the window.

TyphoonJambo
40 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Lot of sense here 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, jambonian said:

It may be (just about) okay at the moment but a strong defender in the air is a major plus when it comes to clearing the ball from corners and free-kicks etc. as well as an extra bonus as an attacking option from any corners or free-kicks we win ourselves. To be honest, from what i've seen so far this season the goals we've lost are due to a lack of organisation and we've just about managed to scramble the ball away enough times to not lose anymore than what we have. Won't do any harm to have an out-and-out centre-back available, particularly if the opposition are effective in the air.

Ying to the yang, both of these guys can pass, not really obvious on Sunday, but more often than not we should be able to retain possession rather than have the boomerang effect from say a Berra who would lose the ball. See what you are saying, dont necessarily disagree with you, but I am comfortable with these, not square pegs, but adapting to a new system is way I see it. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Ben Woodburn in none of the Liverpool squad training photos this afternoon, the rest of the squad and young players are 

😉

So Make Some Noise..
44 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Whilst I agree with your point more generally about needing central defensive re-enforcements, I feel you're making this sound simpler than it is by referencing the time between the season ending and now. In my view, we're either after a very specific first choice central defender or just back up options. If it's the former, it needs to be someone who is comfortable on the left hand side (a left footer or a Jimmy Dunne type who's comfortable on either foot) or we lose balance, like we seen last season and god knows how many seasons before that. Kingsley does well in there but we need another options so he can also be used at left wing back. If they aren't looking at this, it has to just be back up options more generally and then it comes down to finding someone who is happy being second fiddle and who is better than Popescu.

I'm in support of the club taking their time in the window to find the right person, especially given Smith, Popescu are cover for the preferred back 3 right now.

39 minutes ago, jambonian said:

If only players were competent enough to be able to play more than 1 position. 

18 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Ben Woodburn in none of the Liverpool squad training photos this afternoon, the rest of the squad and young players are 

That's some top stalking. :lol:

Good job. 

1 minute ago, I.T.K said:

That's some top stalking. :lol:

Good job. 

Info I was told didn’t add up with what I seen posted on here from Allan Preston so had to go check 😅🤣

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***