***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Pasquale for King
7 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It could well be that they have had to do this due to the Kingsley injury situation and wanting to utilise Halliday elsewhere.

The bench or the stand hopefully. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Just now, The Old Tolbooth said:

Weird one, I get it from the point of view that Kingsley may be injured a lot, but I thought Hibs had a Brighton tie up? If he was any good they'd have snapped him up surely with that tie up no? Just a thought... 

Na they'll be using their Doig money to buy Spinazzola or the likes.

Niemi’s gloves
6 minutes ago, Ibrahim Tall said:

Probably, to be honest under the financial constraints I’d even understand that. The club just blatantly lying and pretending we’ve signed some superstar prospect from Brighton that everybody wants and that we’re so ‘lucky’ to get, doesn’t help anyone though, Cochrane especially. 
Even a quick glance at his career so far shows actually playing for Hearts senior team would be by FAR the biggest challenge and highest level he’s been at so far. Kid will have enough pressure on him without pretending we’ve signed Reece James.

Every club talks up its signings. To accuse the club of  “blatantly lying” is just stupid.

jamboinglasgow

Good to see a signing, with Kingsley fitness needing longer it is a wise signing to make. Hopefully he fully embraces his chance at Hearts and with only a year left on his contract (which Brighton renewed last month) that if he performs well we can signing longer term.

Also find it funny that Hibs go into a partnership with Brighton, Brighton have since loaned promising players to two of Hibs rivals.

Played at both LCB in a 3 and LWB for Saint Gilloise. 

Nice pass for their goal here 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Alan_R said:

Probably been mentioned already but havnt Hibs just signed some agreement to be linked with Brighton?

Seems odd we would then get one of their "highly rated" prospects

Especially if Doig is signing for Real Madrid for £100m.

BackOfTheNet

Never heard of the guy until he signed, so I have no worries about him as have had no knowledge of him to have worries. Complete blank canvas and we’ll see how he does. I’m with others though, my only worry about this signing is that Neilson sees Halliday in central midfield. That’s deeply worrying.

4 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Obviously any comments need to caveated with the fact that none of us have seen him play, but the quotes on our website claiming a 'coup' seem completely at odds with the playing career of someone who is now 21.

It seem more like the sort of back-up signing that would sneak into a newspaper's in-brief column rather than a transfer to be lauded.  

The full quote from Savage is.

We saw off competition from other clubs to get Alex’s signature so this deal is a bit of a coup.

This might put a bit more prespective on your comments.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, Jamboross said:

Played at both LCB in a 3 and LWB for Saint Gilloise. 

Nice pass for their goal here 

Certainly was a superb le pass. 

The Hogfather

You genuinely wonder why any player could be arsed to sign for us when all they're greeted with is negative comments and whinging. 

We've signed a back up left back on loan, some people need to catch a grip of themselves.

Just now, jamboinglasgow said:

Good to see a signing, with Kingsley fitness needing longer it is a wise signing to make. Hopefully he fully embraces his chance at Hearts and with only a year left on his contract (which Brighton renewed last month) that if he performs well we can signing longer term.

Also find it funny that Hibs go into a partnership with Brighton, Brighton have since loaned promising players to two of Hibs rivals.

Prob just big Horse ripping them

Him having got another year is a positive for us, as is the fact it's only a year.

1) they think well enough of him to extend rather than release

2) he's playing for a contract, if not with them, then somewhere

It's a decent position to be in with a young loanee.  He can't coast and think "ach, just a loan, I'll be back down the road soon enough".  He has to give it his best shot.

1 hour ago, StirlingJambo said:

Guy I know who’s been involved with coming and goings with hearts players said Savage well out his depth and under qualified. Said even Savage himself was surprised he got the job. Hopefully proves everyone wrong.

:lol:

Does relatively well at English Championship level but surprised he gets the job at Scottish Championship level?

"Out his depth" :lol:

Give the boy a chance ffs. 

5 minutes ago, Alan_R said:

Probably been mentioned already but havnt Hibs just signed some agreement to be linked with Brighton?

Seems odd we would then get one of their "highly rated" prospects

Maybe this has something to do with why the lad has signed for us.

Albion's pathway development manager David Weir, who oversees the club's loan programme, said, “Alex had a really positive spell in Belgium last season and showed how well he can adapt to a different culture and club.

Rogue Daddy

Welcome Cochrane, I hope you get a decent chance to show what you can offer. 
Know nothing about him, but I like the fact we’re looking at young U21 internationals. He’s at an age where he has something to prove, hopefully he works out!

Good luck to the boy!

Just now, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Strange that some have written him off before he's even pulled the famous maroon shirt on 

It's the norm. 

Unless he scores a raker in his opening match like Kingsley he'll be labelled as rotten.

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Certainly was a superb le pass. 

Hit the bar with a header and could easily have had another couple of assists in the same match. 

Saint-Gilloise absolutely pissed the league so dunno how well he'll have been tested defensively but he certainly looks decent going forward. 

So Make Some Noise..

A young guy on loan from a Premiership club as back up to our left back (Kingsley)

Kickback whinge brigade in meltdown at this hibs-esque signing! 

:vrface:

gorgieheart
3 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Strange that some have written him off before he's even pulled the famous maroon shirt on 

Seems the way some "fans" operate..sadly  !

Just now, wavydavy said:

Knowing our luck with injuries that would be no surprise.

Robbie did say in a recent interview that he was hoping Kingsley would be available for some of the cup games coming up but I don't think he has taken part in full training yet.

Yet Andy Halliday seemed to play his better stuff wide left of a back three so this is a strange signing. Nothing against the boy but a centre-half is desperately needed and should be prioritized. 

This would suggest to me that Neilson wants to return to his favoured defensive formation (Halliday in the middle) rather than the 3-5-2 we ended the season on. Hmm!

Pasquale for King
Just now, Jamboross said:

Hit the bar with a header and could easily have had another couple of assists in the same match. 

Saint-Gilloise absolutely pissed the league so dunno how well he'll have been tested defensively but he certainly looks decent going forward. 

Yeah he looked good, I can see why folk are a bit underwhelmed but it’s a good addition for many reasons that folk have detailed above. 

Francis Albert
21 minutes ago, goldie83 said:

Who else plays left back if Kingsley can’t? Sensible signing. Cheap and nothing to lose. Welcome Alex.

We have one of the biggest squads in the country and we have no cover for left back? Quite an indictment of our "football department".

I hope he does well and would be delighted if he does. 

I am with Ibrahim Tall -  it is the ridiculous hype about this latest step in Robbie "building his squad" that I don't get. 

Notable too that he was apparently out with injury for half last season explaining  his having only 5 appearances in the Belgian  second tier.. If this helped them to the title as our hype suggests maybe he is some player!

Edited by Francis Albert

David McCaig
2 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

No one is writing him off and comments are caveated with the fact that none of us have seen him play.  The concern/frustration is that we are now in the second week of pre-season and less than a fortnight from our first competitive game and a loan signing from Brighton reserves is the only addition to last season's squad.

That said Cochrane will hopefully prove to be an inspired signing.

Ibrahim Tall
8 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

Every club talks up its signings. To accuse the club of  “blatantly lying” is just stupid.

No, stupid is massively exaggerating the truth and setting someone up for a fall if he has a bad debut. 
By all means say he’s a good prospect and we’re excited to see what he can offer us etc but what we’ve said is overkill. 

8 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

The full quote from Savage is.

We saw off competition from other clubs to get Alex’s signature so this deal is a bit of a coup.

This might put a bit more prespective on your comments.

Torquay, Maidenhead, and Kings Lynn

5 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Watched a bit of training today and thought he was pretty good technically in the bits that I saw .

My mate was wondering who he was as we thought he was one of the u18 players 

3 minutes ago, sac said:

Torquay, Maidenhead, and Kings Lynn

Really 😂? I'm not writing him off I hope he does well. how does this benefit us but. 

Shows what Robbie thinks about Leo Watson anyway. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

StirlingJambo
8 minutes ago, 151 said:

:lol:

Does relatively well at English Championship level but surprised he gets the job at Scottish Championship level?

"Out his depth" :lol:

Give the boy a chance ffs. 

Where did I say I’m not giving him a chance? 

The Hogfather

"We should be signing players who're young, hungry and with something to prove."

*Sign a player who fits the profile*

"****'s this guy and why're we bothering with him?"

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

"We should be signing players who're young, hungry and with something to prove."

*Sign a player who fits the profile*

"****'s this guy and why're we bothering with him?"

Do you think if he does well, we will get him permanently or are we just being used? 

Also we must not have any left backs within our own ranks. 

Let's give the laddie a chance. For what it's worth I suspect he is here as cover for Halliday, who despite me slating as a midfield player, every man and their dug could see was doing very well in at LB. 

Welcome to Hearts Alex. 

The Hogfather
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Do you think if he does well, we will get him permanently or are we just being used? 

If I could see that far into the future, I'd spend my time predicting lottery numbers. If he does well and he wants to stay, I don't see any reason not. Either way, he's playing for a contract somewhere, which is better than signing someone like Whelan who feels he has nothing to prove and has made his money.

hmfc_liam06

Similar to Ginnelly not sure what the hold up was on this one, he was meant to be signed and sealed last Wednesday.

There are huge doubts about Kingsley's fitness hence the LB loan cover.

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You really do just moan at everything these days Bongo.  Used to be a good poster, but I think you need a wee break!!!

Does it matter if we sign him permanently if he's brilliant this year?  We are where we are in the pecking order of world football.  We need longterm plans of course, but if we can have a lad every year who is better than we can afford and does us a turn, it's a market we should 100% look at.  Way bigger clubs than us use this type of market.

rudi must stay

I trust Neilson completely with signings. He is an attacking minded manager Sir Alex Ferguson lost some embarrassing games as he looked to play on the front foot, it is the right way to do it. Welcome Alex

3 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

You really do just moan at everything these days Bongo.  Used to be a good poster, but I think you need a wee break!!!

Does it matter if we sign him permanently if he's brilliant this year?  We are where we are in the pecking order of world football.  We need longterm plans of course, but if we can have a lad every year who is better than we can afford and does us a turn, it's a market we should 100% look at.  Way bigger clubs than us use this type of market.

Even if that market we are using, directly could influence and benefit our rivals. 

Just need to wait and see. 

Why not give someone in our academy the chance to step up, or are they not good enough? he's playing 352, with Halliday being our best option as wingback. 

I don't understand this signing just my opinion but. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Similar to Ginnelly not sure what the hold up was on this one, he was meant to be signed and sealed last Wednesday.

Sorry if you have been asked already but are there any more near completion? I assume Robbie being ill may have been a factor in the delay 

26 minutes ago, farin said:

Might mean nothing but GMS wore number 11 on sat. 

Can't see Roberts being 11 next season. 

Ford Prentice
15 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Yet Andy Halliday seemed to play his better stuff wide left of a back three so this is a strange signing. Nothing against the boy but a centre-half is desperately needed and should be prioritized. 

This would suggest to me that Neilson wants to return to his favoured defensive formation (Halliday in the middle) rather than the 3-5-2 we ended the season on. Hmm!

Both teams which turned out at Linlithgow played 4-2-3-1. Mind you given shortage of centre halfs couldn't really have played 3 at the back.

Haring & Darge CH first half, Souter and Pops second.

Left back second half was Macauley Tait who set up fifth goal but Football First says is usually in midfield so we do seem to need some depth there.

(Halliday played centre midfield alongside Damour first half, neither inspire confidence, personally hope both move on.)

Welcome Alex. 

Edited by Ford Prentice

• davemclaren changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Alex Cochran signs ( updated ) ***
indianajones
3 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

1 hour on and nobody has asked? Is it a new plant for reception? Thought I'd change the patter from a new chef

Under the radar ITK is how I try to keep myself. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Hibs must be beelin. 

Shows their place with Brighton. Shit off the shoe

Pasquale for King
8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

good interview. Can play left centre back, wing back and left back

Good cover got different positions. 

Someone has updated his Wikipedia 😆😂

E6073506-7E01-41A3-B9D3-0C01A5AB334A.jpeg

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, indianajones said:

Under the radar ITK is how I try to keep myself. 

Aye there are a few of you all doing the right thing. 

bajthejambo
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

After a very impressive start, Kingsley's performances went downhill quite significantly. His basic errors led to penalties and/or goals conceded. I'm assuming he wasn't fully fit at times when he played?

34 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

It could well be that they have had to do this due to the Kingsley injury situation

Indeed 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***