***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

8 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

good interview. Can play left centre back, wing back and left back

Speaks very well.  Not said much you wouldn't expect but sounds good - seems a confident lad.

People saying he only played X number of games in Belgium need to remember how hard moving abroad was for a young lad last season in the pandemic.  I know a guy who did so for pro rugby and it's a very tough life during lockdown etc.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Happy to see what the laddie brings, albeit I would prefer permanent signings.

This window will make or break Neilson so there must be better to come.

Pasquale for King

Hopefully he doesn’t judge us on the comments around our social media or the inability to spell his Scottish name, considering we’ve been discussing his distant cousin for the last 3 years. 

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Even if that market we are using, directly could influence and benefit our rivals. 

Just need to wait and see. 

Why not give someone in our academy the chance to step up, or are they not good enough? he's playing 352, with Halliday being our best option as wingback. 

I don't understand this signing just my opinion but. 

Yeah yeah, and wasn't having a go.  We just need to see the lad.  I don't know Leo Watson, but at the end of the day if you can sign someone better than who you have, you do it.  So until we see the kid play, we hope he's better than any other options we have in his positions.

Don't really know what else needs said.

Not sure I understand how it benefits our rivals?

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Speaks very well.  Not said much you wouldn't expect but sounds good - seems a confident lad.

People saying he only played X number of games in Belgium need to remember how hard moving abroad was for a young lad last season in the pandemic.  I know a guy who did so for pro rugby and it's a very tough life during lockdown etc.

Thought this too. I like his confidence.

Should say a lot about his character considering moving abroad during the pandemic must’ve been for him. Hopefully a wee master stroke getting him on board.

35 minutes ago, bazman said:

When I was at ricarton last week Kingsley was training with a separate group being watched by the physio. So presuming he's not fit enough to join the main group so it's defo a sensible signing

Hes not and his timescale to return or if it may be a longer term issue isnt known

Auld Reekin'

Hope he turns out to be a good 'un. Show us what you've got Alex.   :icon14:

10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Even if that market we are using, directly could influence and benefit our rivals. 

Why not give someone in our academy the chance to step up, or are they not good enough? he's playing 352, with Halliday being our best option as wingback. 

Well that shows how out of touch with info you are 👍🏻

Please explain benefitting our rivals though

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

I'm bamboozled ! 

Are you worried or not ?

:lol:

Not worried about Cochrane as a player as I don’t know anything about him or his play to worry me about him.

I am worried that his signing would mean Halliday is seen primarily as a central midfielder. In the Premiership we should have Halliday nowhere near the midfield first XI.

RustyRightPeg
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

How does us signing someone on loan benefit our rivals?

If he’s signing Cochrane he obviously doesn’t believe the academy lads are ready for the demands of first team football at the highest level in the country. Would you rather they were thrown in, exposed physically and never seen again? (note: Cochrane, McDonald, Currie etc.) 

Young, hungry, England u20 capped player with an entire season to show his worth and truly launch his career.

If it doesn't work out, he goes back to Brighton.

Sounds good to me.

Good luck to the lad could prove to be a shrewd addition however the club had better have some proven quality signed up

12 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good cover got different positions. 

Someone has updated his Wikipedia 😆😂

E6073506-7E01-41A3-B9D3-0C01A5AB334A.jpeg

Own up, who did that. :rofl:

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

I do think we need younger legs in the team. Think we had one of the oldest squads in the championship 

The oldest bar none, in fact I would bet the oldest in the country.

53 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

This deal suits Hibs. 

48 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

If he does well Brighton will give him an extension, I feel we have been played here. 

Hibs cash in on Doig next season. 

Hope he does well with us. 

Honestly man give it a rest, how in the hell does it suit Hibs? How have we been played by taking a young lad on loan for cover?

Is it not tiring being so continually negative about every ..single... thing

10 minutes ago, sadj said:

Well that shows how out of touch with info you are 👍🏻

Please explain benefitting our rivals though

Wait and see 😉only time will tell. 

jamboinglasgow
19 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

I can see your thinking, he has a great season with us, Brighton give him another year, Hibs get first dibs on him and sign him on loan.

But it misses out a few vital things. If Brighton are looking to develop him into a first team player for Brighton, there is little point if they give him an extended contract sending back to the same league he played before and sending him not to the club he did well before but another one.

If Brighton want to make money on him, what they want is him to do well, give him another year contract and sell him to a Championship club who will pay a few million for him. If Hibs get millions for Doig and pay a fee for Cochrane, then it doesn't matter if we had him in on loan or not.

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I can see your thinking, he has a great season with us, Brighton give him another year, Hibs get first dibs on him and sign him on loan.

But it misses out a few vital things. If Brighton are looking to develop him into a first team player for Brighton, there is little point if they give him an extended contract sending back to the same league he played before and sending him not to the club he did well before but another one.

If Brighton want to make money on him, what they want is him to do well, give him another year contract and sell him to a Championship club who will pay a few million for him. If Hibs get millions for Doig and pay a fee for Cochrane, then it doesn't matter if we had him in on loan or not.

He might not want another contract from

Brighton just to be sent on loan or sold, he might just leave next summer. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
19 minutes ago, indianajones said:

Total guess BTW :rofl:

Aye aye 😉

Not getting that cat back in the bag :lol:

Batistuta87
1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

We only have 1 and Kingsleys fitness is in doubt, it was very much needed 

Definitely needed. Loaning a young lad in the last year of his contract seems a sensible move as it allows him the opportunity to prove himself and perhaps earn a permanent move. 

2 minutes ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Thanks someone understands 😂

And if this was the other way about, we would be tearing them a new one over this sort of deal. 

I hope the lad is better than both Halliday and Kingsley. 

Just feel we don't really benefit in this sort of deal. 

drumie jambo
22 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Good cover got different positions. 

Someone has updated his Wikipedia 😆😂

E6073506-7E01-41A3-B9D3-0C01A5AB334A.jpeg

😂😂😂😂😂

Lord Beni of Gorgie
23 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

We are building a relationship with Brighton. 

Hibs will be in their usual place. 

:leveinnaturalorder:

Of course

:fth:

28 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Maybe to let the academy player go out on loan to play every week while our own loan signing acts as understudy to Halliday/Kingsley? 

57 minutes ago, bazman said:

When I was at ricarton last week Kingsley was training with a separate group being watched by the physio. So presuming he's not fit enough to join the main group so it's defo a sensible signing

Kingsley has a chronic ie recurring injury issue so likely to be in and out of first team. 

2 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Maybe to let the academy player go out on loan to play every week while our own loan signing acts as understudy to Halliday/Kingsley? 

Or give them a chance like Hickey, if they do well tie them down to a long contract, then when the time comes, Cash in making the club money?

Bazzas right boot
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Thanks someone understands 😂

And if this was the other way about, we would be tearing them a new one over this sort of deal. 

I hope the lad is better than both Halliday and Kingsley. 

Just feel we don't really benefit in this sort of deal. 

He's a lb and can play lb centre back.

We need lb cover and left sided cb  cover.

That is how we benefit from this deal- we get  a player who can cover positions we need.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Or give them a chance like Hickey, if they do well tie them down to a long contract, then when the time comes, Cash in making the club money?

Hickey did get a chance, clearly its not an obstacle therefore if they are thought to be ready, which really puts your pathetic argument in the bin.

6 minutes ago, Batistuta87 said:

Definitely needed. Loaning a young lad in the last year of his contract seems a sensible move as it allows him the opportunity to prove himself and perhaps earn a permanent move. 

Exactly really not understanding the melt down, we need a left back they’re giving us one. Simple really much rather this than some 32 year old journey man, if he’s not at it we have Kingsley when fit or Halliday to step in if needed. A cheap and Smart move 

BackOfTheNet
14 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

Who is this also 🤔😂?

F52B7567-FCF6-4441-9373-A87B450F43FE.jpeg

:laugh4:

Nice to see whelms seep out into the everyday lexicon of the Hearts support. Whelms the heart so it does.

ITK poster DK.  So ITK poster says bad for Hearts, good for Hibs.  Asked to explain, still DK but does the 😉 to hint that he MK.

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Hickey did get a chance, clearly its not an obstacle therefore if they are thought to be ready, which really puts your pathetic argument in the bin.

Thats what I'm saying give them a chance like we did Hickey, the only difference being tie them down to a long contract so we get there market value or more. 

Which benefits the club. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Exactly really not understanding the melt down, we need a left back they’re giving us one. Simple really much rather this than some 32 year old journey man, if he’s not at it we have Kingsley when fit or Halliday to step in if needed. A cheap and Smart move 

Absolutely nailed it there. Some concern over Kingsley in general, if Halliday gets crocked you are in trouble, proactive signing

53 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

You genuinely wonder why any player could be arsed to sign for us when all they're greeted with is negative comments and whinging. 

We've signed a back up left back on loan, some people need to catch a grip of themselves.

Probably because they don't spend all day reading football forums on the internet.

46 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

We have one of the biggest squads in the country and we have no cover for left back?

This is just pish. 

Pasquale for King
3 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Nice to see whelms seep out into the everyday lexicon of the Hearts support. Whelms the heart so it does.

I thought it was you to be honest 😜

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Thats what I'm saying give them a chance like we did Hickey, the only difference being tie them down to a long contract so we get there market value or more. 

Which benefits the club. 

If they were ready they would be given a chance, plenty have been given the opportunity, sadly most seem not to have taken it, Hickey did. But then he was clearly far more talented than the others

5 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

He's a lb and can play lb centre back.

We need lb cover and left sided cb  cover.

That is how we benefit from this deal- we get  a player who can cover positions we need.

Souttar, Halkett, Popescu, Haring, Darge, 

Stendelnator

Souttar, Halkett, Popescu, Haring, Darge, 

Popescu 🤣

Bingo if you were so concerned about this signing why were you not posting your concerns about it before it was announced? Surely you knew about the signing?

1 hour ago, Jamboj1 said:

We only have 1 and Kingsleys fitness is in doubt, it was very much needed 

^^^ Knows his shit…

1 hour ago, Barack said:

Welcome, Alex. People are already underwhelmed for your arrival. Bet you can't wait to play infront of fans...

:lol:

**** this for a Monday. Later.

🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Baxfee said:

We get a loan deal and still  negative comments from those that know nothing. Honestly, they’d moan if they won the lottery 

🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Sertse said:

Not to be negative however did we actually need this player? I thought our targets were centre back and a striker?

yeah we do unfortunately

43 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Similar to Ginnelly not sure what the hold up was on this one, he was meant to be signed and sealed last Wednesday.

There are huge doubts about Kingsley's fitness hence the LB loan cover.

^^^ also knows his shit

18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Wait and see 😉only time will tell. 

^^^ doesnt know his shit

52 minutes ago, jambonian said:

Yet Andy Halliday seemed to play his better stuff wide left of a back three so this is a strange signing. Nothing against the boy but a centre-half is desperately needed and should be prioritized. 

This would suggest to me that Neilson wants to return to his favoured defensive formation (Halliday in the middle) rather than the 3-5-2 we ended the season on. Hmm!

Give the transfer window a chance before jumping to conclusions. We may well be about to sign a centre back.  AS has been said on here lots the English Clubs tend to have contracts until 30 June so there may well be activity in the next week.

For me Halliday slows the game down too much and can see the benefit of a young lad playing wing back.

I don't know what Robbie's plans are for Halliday but we will find out once all the trnasfer dealings are done.

chuck berrys hairline
8 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

👋😅

Just now, Stendelnator said:

Popescu 🤣

Bingo if you were so concerned about this signing why were you not posting your concerns about it before it was announced? Surely you knew about the signing?

Hold on a minute I'll get my magic wand out and stop hearts from making signings 😂

I have an opinion you don't have to agree with it, I've given my reasons which some posters can understand, others can't though,they could and would if it had been us who had a partnership with Brighton, and Hibs had made this signing. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, sadj said:

^^^ Knows his shit…

🤣🤣

🤣🤣

yeah we do unfortunately

^^^ also knows his shit

^^^ doesnt know his shit

Very much the case. Came close to a couple of deals a few windows ago now his sources have dried up he’s taking his chance to mump and moan about everything

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***