***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

1 minute ago, Sir Gio said:

Not biting!

My 12yo though, she would gladly wear the same pair every day. Closet Hobo I'm sure, allergic to the shower

🤣🤣 ffs , if she is then tent in the garden til shes old enough then give her , her jotters

Just now, GinRummy said:

Ooooh, you’re in trouble now. I used to go out with a lassie from Westhill I’ll have you know and very nice underwear she used to wear as well. Not even wool lined. 

Westhill eh! Surprised she knew what underwear was coming from there….

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Feedback from Brighton and Hove is very favourable it seems. Look forward to getting a look at him in due course

5 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

You should make a decision either way now mate. Waiting to see him play is just playing it too safe. 

I like to go by what I call the Hartley equation. Initial whelm over Sad farewell after moments of joy = Career.

This can be counter balanced by the Whelan factor. Wow over He can’t be arsed = GTF

If Kingsley is crocked then this signing 100% makes sense, particularly as he's out of contract at the end of the season.

Let's hope he comes in, does well, enjoys it up here and signs permanently at the end of the season.

29 minutes ago, sadj said:

we will see what , still not explained what we will see apart from we are getting players ready to play for Hibs.

You have lost it with this post

How will they be destroyed? Either you are incredibly obstinate or haven’t a ****ing clue about youth development and why players get dropped in and out of teams , go on loan etc. Harry Stone is imo better than Ross Stewart but if it was upto me I wouldn’t throw Harry in to the first team so why would I throw all these youngsters in if I didn’t need to and put them at risk.  We have a pathway but its rightfully not going here you are 16 you did ok once you can start every week from now on. Cheers

Far too sensible for Bongo

🤣🤣 I use my twitter but avoid most of the comments. Hearts Facebook Groups are mental 🤣 Not looked at one in about two years I think. Easy a year since I was last on fb itself too. Peaceful non negative (apart from the loons on here) lives are best

Remind me how much minutes both Doig and Hickey had, before making there debuts? 

We had players 30-35 years ago at 21,22years old being dependable and taking the responsibility on their shoulders playing for a club like Hearts.  It’s time more his age did so now.  

He’s coming from a good grounding, will come into a proper competitive arena and I have a feeling he’ll warm to it.  We need to stop looking at 21 and 22 years olds as “laddies” and start getting them in the mindset it’s their responsibility to perform and not be carried.  

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

glad someone else sees it too. Couldn’t believe what I was reading. Chuck them in sink or swim 🧐

Likewise , utterly insane thing to do , Hickey was an exception not the rule. 

3 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Cant have been my Ex Mrs then :whistling:

🤣🤣 great minds 

39 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Or any player we sign that he doesn’t have ITK spidey senses for

Really wow🤔 sorry for not getting all Leeds United, about signing a player on loan from Brighton. 

I hope he lives up to the hype. 

11 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Cant have been my Ex Mrs then :whistling:

She’s my ex and not my current and if you had known her you’d know how fantastic that is 😂

2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Really wow🤔 sorry for not getting all Leeds United, about signing a player on loan from Brighton. 

I hope he lives up to the hype. 

There isn’t any hype. 

Remind me how much minutes both Doig and Hickey had, before making there debuts? 

Doig I couldn’t tell you as I pay no attention to the greeny hobbity types unless its to laugh at them. Learn to do it it makes life more fun. 

Hickey is an exception to the rule , he was also in a situation that we shouldnt find ourselves in where we have to throw a player in. You know nothing about youth development and have never been at that level yourself if you think tossing every potentially good player into the first team and just going for it is the correct way to develop them. For 99% of them it definitely isn’t. 

I might be wrong here, and not making any point, but was there something in the past that teams who have helped developed players in the way of loans also get a cut of a fee!?  Did I just make that up!?

hmfc_liam06
24 minutes ago, CJGJ said:

We have already been told he won't be fit until the start of the League Cup matches......that was announced a couple of weeks ago

Nothing to indicate any longer than that

👍

Just now, TheBigO said:

I might be wrong here, and not making any point, but was there something in the past that teams who have helped developed players in the way of loans also get a cut of a fee!?  Did I just make that up!?

Sounds familiar but not sure if thats maybe just cause its been said on here rather than its fact. 🤣

Just now, hmfc_liam06 said:

👍

🤣🤣 

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

Doig I couldn’t tell you as I pay no attention to the greeny hobbity types unless its to laugh at them. Learn to do it it makes life more fun. 

Hickey is an exception to the rule , he was also in a situation that we shouldnt find ourselves in where we have to throw a player in. You know nothing about youth development and have never been at that level yourself if you think tossing every potentially good player into the first team and just going for it is the correct way to develop them. For 99% of them it definitely isn’t. 

Says who, having them in and around that first team environment keeps them hungry 😉

But i suppose going out on loan is similar. 

Hickey is the exception remind me who the lad that is centre midfield for Scotland, who did he go out and learn his trade from. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

Cochrane said in his interview he can play left centre back as well, so could come in handy as backup or if we play a 3.

3 hours ago, Newton51 said:

I do think we need younger legs in the team. Think we had one of the oldest squads in the championship 

We did and Robbie stated that he wants to sign mainly players under the age of 26 to bring the average age of the team down.

He has done that with Cochrane.

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

How many games /loans did cochrane have before making his debut with us?

RustyRightPeg

Says who, having them in and around that first team environment keeps them hungry 😉

But i suppose going out on loan is similar. 

Hickey is the exception remind me who the lad that is centre midfield for Scotland, who did he go out and learn his trade from. 

If you’re referring to Gilmour, he’s played about 15-20 first team games in 2 seasons. 

The u23 league in England (where Cochrane has also played) is a lot more advanced than the shitty u20s reserve league whatever you wanna call it up here and the standard is a barrel load higher. And FYI, he’s on the verge of signing for Norwich on loan. 👍🏽 

The way to develop youth players is to chuck them out on loan, so they play in leagues that have no intentions of playing football, and we wonder why are nation is so far off it 😂

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

If you’re referring to Gilmour, he’s played about 15-20 first team games in 2 seasons. 

The u23 league in England (where Cochrane has also played) is a lot more advanced than the shitty u20s reserve league whatever you wanna call it up here and the standard is a barrel load higher. And FYI, he’s on the verge of signing for Norwich on loan. 👍🏽 

The fact is he's good enough to play first team football. 

Bazzas right boot
1 hour ago, King prawn said:

Agree with everything except the part in bold. Saying Brighton’s Youth set up is a higher level than the SPL is a bit “Jordan McGhee” :wink: 

I never said that.

Brighton are playing at a higher level than Hearts therefore their youth players might not be deemed good enough for the Epl.

It's Like us loaning a youth player to the championship or league one as they aren't good enough for the top flight.

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

The fact is he's good enough to play first team football. 

Right… again you’ve lost me. Gilmour has only played 15-20 odd games in 2 seasons and you’re saying that’s the bar we should be aiming for our youth players?

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Yeah the league is that advanced that they have actively had to come up to Scotland, to find there talent so advanced that league ohh the English 😂

The way to develop youth players is to chuck them out on loan, so they play in leagues that have no intentions of playing football, and we wonder why are nation is so far off it 😂

How much ‘football’ do you think they’ll play in Robbie Neilson’s side. Get them out to a team where they can play every week and toughen them up a bit. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

This is a completely different argument though. I agree that we need to fundamentally change the way we do things in this country. 

Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

Right… again you’ve lost me. Gilmour has only played 15-20 odd games in 2 seasons and you’re saying that’s the bar we should be aiming for our youth players?

No you're making out that they have to go out on loan that's the norm yet, Hickey,Doig, Patterson, Gilmour go against you're point. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
10 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

Cochrane said in his interview he can play left centre back as well, so could come in handy as backup or if we play a 3.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/football/portsmouth-fc/former-brighton-and-england-coach-gives-verdict-alex-cochranes-potential-move-portsmouth-2915900

Worth a read, versatile and good head on his shoulders and a leader. Good soundbites anyhow

Bazzas right boot
2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Can coaches make mistakes on young players 🤔I mean, we only let one go that a club has just turned down more money that what we received for Hickey 🙄

But he wasn't good enough either wasn't the coaches fault, yet the guy who let him go, is now on the radio hoping he does well 🤔

But at the time he considered him not good enough. 

Just Arsenal, Leeds, Celtic, Watford, Man City all showing interest in him, but Smith our academy is shi** 🙄 these players aren't ready. 

Ofc coaches make mistakes, but even with Doig ( I assume) , he wasn't good enough for Hearts when he was with us, he wasn't the best player in his position at the club.

Players will leave then get older and develop, doesn't mean that at the time when they were teenagers they should have been playing for us, surely you are not suggesting we just play a bus load of youth over better players just in case 1 or 2 get us a fee later on. I cannot see how that will improve Hearts or get us to where we need to be.

You really stretch everything to have a go at the club, as suggested you should maybe not only take a break for JKB but Hearts in general. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Just now, Sir Gio said:

Yeah, I was pretty meh about this signing when it was announced, but the fact he can play a few roles and is highly thought of makes it sound a fair bit better. Brighton fans speak highly of him as well on their forum. Seems a good character.

John Findlay

No you're making out that they have to go out on loan that's the norm yet, Hickey,Doig, Patterson, Gilmour go against you're point. 

Gilmour by all accounts is going on loan from Chelsea to Norwich.

Obviously Herr Tuchel is not guaranteeing him first team football for Chelsea next season.

RustyRightPeg
5 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Yeah the league is that advanced that they have actively had to come up to Scotland, to find there talent so advanced that league ohh the English 😂

A barrel load higher than our reserve league is the point I’m making??? 

Christ you’re difficult and confusing. 

6 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You have totally lost the plot. 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, John Findlay said:

Obviously Herr Tuchel is not guaranteeing him first team football for Chelsea next season.

I told him that but he doesn’t read what he doesn’t wanna see. His point is complete honky tonk he’d need a cherry picker to get himself out the hole he’s dug. 

John Findlay
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

I told him that but he doesn’t read what he doesn’t wanna see. His point is complete honky tonk he’d need a cherry picker to get himself out the hole he’s dug. 

That poster is just a complete nugget

Goldstone Wonder
1 hour ago, The Old Tolbooth said:

One of their posters commented on their message board and thinks we're a balanced lot :rofl: 

Go back further than page 253 and you'll change your mind pal :lol: 

They seem quite a well balanced lot up there - compared to Aberdeen anyway! A bit of negativity of the 'never heard of him', 'we don't need a back up LB' kind, but quite a lot of positivity too. They seem quite well informed ...........
"Incoming signing from Brighton."
"We're getting someone from Hibs parent club."
"Hope it's not Duffy!"

Here's a link, for anyone interested; the news breaks around page 253 for those who want to scroll back.
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index...ated/page/256/

Yes that made me laugh! 

32 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Suggest he can play central midfield as well. Left sided central midfielder with pace is something we haven’t really had for a while. Boz was close but short on pace. 

Stendelnator
10 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Gilmour is literally signing for Norwich on loan this week

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I never said that.

Brighton are playing at a higher level than Hearts therefore their youth players might not be deemed good enough for the Epl.

It's Like us loaning a youth player to the championship or league one as they aren't good enough for the top flight.

It might not have been what you meant but I highlighted it from your post :lol: 

He hasn’t played for Brighton in the league as far as I can tell so I’m going to stand by the fact he’s a youth player. Still, let’s hope he can make a name for himself with us and put in some good performances when called upon. 

7 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

mount also was on loan for two seasons (vitesse and derby) before breaking into chelsea side

10 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Ofc coaches make mistakes, but even with Doig ( I assume) , he wasn't good enough for Hearts when he was with us, he wasn't the best player in his position at the club.

Players will leave then get older and develop, doesn't mean that at the time when they were teenagers they should have been playing for us, surely you are not suggesting we just play a bus load of youth over better players just in case 1 or 2 get us a fee later on. I cannot see how that will improve Hearts or get us to where we need to be.

You really stretch everything to have a go at the club, as suggested you should maybe not only take a break for JKB but Hearts in general. 

Doig himself has said that he didn’t do himself justice at Hearts. Wasn’t disciplined or mature enough to realise the opportunity. Hard to blame the coach or coaches that showed him the door. 

1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

mount also was on loan for two seasons (vitesse and derby) before breaking into chelsea side

James Maddison's loans didn't do him much harm.

Pasquale for King
10 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

As soon as he gets out of isolation, great move for him to get games with a team that play great football. 

11 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Levein said 5-6 youth players in first team so are you going against his football knowledge?. 

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

James Maddison's loans didn't do him much harm.

Mcinnes tried to claim credit for his meteoric rise after around a dozen games for the sheep 😆

RustyRightPeg
2 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Doig himself has said that he didn’t do himself justice at Hearts. Wasn’t disciplined or mature enough to realise the opportunity. Hard to blame the coach or coaches that showed him the door. 

did he go out on loan though ?!?!?!?!

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***