***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Bazzas right boot
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

He said left centre back, he said the new guy can play left back or Left centre back. 

We currently have Kingsley and Halliday that can play Left back. 

If we play 352 we could play either Kingsley or Halliday or even GMS at wingback.

In reserve Watson could get first team experience this season. 

Micheal Smith can also play as one of the three centre half's, if Robbie goes back to 4231 he's in big trouble mark my words. 

Souttar is our best right cb

Haring is our best Dm

Halkett is not left footed 

Popescu was suspect in the championship. 

Darge, I have no idea but trust the folk that coach, watch and train him every day over your judgement. 

By all accounts We've signed a promising, young lb from a higher level. 

Hardly exciting but hardly anything to lose your shit about tbh. 

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

You think he will do that 😂 cmon mate behave. 

Why would he want to sign another contract to be loaned out to Hibs or some other team when he just go and sign for a club for a couple of hundred grand? We’re not grooming him to play in the EPL. He would earn more as a free agent. His namesake didn’t want to sign for us and not get a chance in the first team, it happens. 

Edited by Pasquale for King

Lord Beni of Gorgie
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

How do you know what levels they are at, if they aren't given the chance to show what they can do?

I'm sure they get a decent look in training

6 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

Watson hasn’t played a minute of senior football I don’t believe, just turned 18. personally rather he went on loan playing regular and judge for next season when cochranes deal ends 

Well, yes.  I don't know Leo at all, but that would seem sensible at that age.

And perhaps, contrary to Bongo's ever increasing neuroses, the plan is to have someone we think will be great in for only a year as the club see Leo being a great option in a year's time, but just not quite yet.  So rather than sign someone who will block his path, we do this.

I don't know.  But shouting that this loan gets in the way of Watson is madness!  Cammy Logan is a year further down the line than Leo Watson, so there'd perhaps be some merit in that if it were a right back, but this is mental!

Brighton Jambo
2 hours ago, gov said:

Love how we write a player off because we haven't heard of him! Good luck to the lad!

Exactly, I have certainly heard of him and this is an excellent signing.  From what I know he’s a cracking prospect with a really good attitude.

To put this in perspective who had heard of Ben White from Brighton’s academy before he went to Leeds (prior to that he was on loan at Newport) or Robert Sanchez from Brighton’s academy who was at Rochdale last season and is now in the Spain squad at the Euros.

Just because you haven’t heard of them doesn’t mean they can’t be cracking for us.  

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

Why would he want to sign another contract to be loaned out to Hibs or some other team when he just go and sign for a club for a couple of hundred grand? We’re not grooming him to play in the EPL. He would earn more as a free agent. 

Signing on fee and the fact Brighton have a partnership with Hibs, everyone's a winner mate. 

6 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's really not hard to work out. 

Our coaches and mgt don't think our youth options in this position are good enough or ready to cover us, so they'll be loaned out likely at a lower level to get game time and see how they perform. 

The Brighton lb is seen not to be good enough at epl level so he has been loaned out at a lower level to see how he performs. 

You're either being silly or just obstructive and argumentative for the sake of it. 

BTW, giving youth a chance does not just mean chucking them in the first team. 

It has various levels, all of which I'm sure you're aware off. 

Pretty poor indictment of our much vaunted Academy production line.

Happy with this as it’s a loan signing.  These are the only signings I want whilst neilson is at the club.  

Don’t want any 4 year big bucks deal getting handed out to total shite players as usual.  

Get the loan singings in, means when Neilson is sacked about November/December the new manager won’t have even more dross stuck at the club for years. 

Stendelnator
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

A winners jammies, or yours hard decision 🤔

Why you would even come out with that certifies to me, your a creep 😂

Dingo, nobody is debating Chico’s career. What we are debating is that you entirely made up a link between Hearts and him. God bless

1 minute ago, Nunya Business said:

The Hearts support has certainly ruined the confidence of a number of players in recent years with overly critical nonsense thrown their way. I just think it's about time certain people grew up and packed it in. Their opinions aren't that important.

I agree. Unfortunately it's nothing new.

1 minute ago, Smith's right boot said:

Haring is our best Dm

Darge, I have no idea but trust the folk that coach, watch and train him every day over your judgement. 

Bit of an aside, I'd liked Darge the couple of times I've seen him.  Looks good I think.  Only just 18 so a loan the right thing I'd suggest

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Exactly, I have certainly heard of him and this is an excellent signing.  From what I know he’s a cracking prospect with a really good attitude.

To put this in perspective who had heard of Ben White from Brighton’s academy before he went to Leeds (prior to that he was on loan at Newport) or Robert Sanchez from Brighton’s academy who was at Rochdale last season and is now in the Spain squad at the Euros.

Just because you haven’t heard of them doesn’t mean they can’t be cracking for us.  

Do you know if he has played a lot of PL reserve stuff? Not had a lot of farming out the boy

2 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Aha, a person who may have heard of him!!!  Hi!!!!!

Tell all, fella!!!

Stendelnator
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Signing on fee and the fact Brighton have a partnership with Hibs, everyone's a winner mate. 

Ah so Alex Cochrane is actually a Hibs sleeper agent, he’s been sent here to play well and help Hearts, so that Hibs sign him. That makes more sense. 

BackOfTheNet

Remember this is zero pressure whelms this signing. When we have a signing with massive accrued whelms there’s every chance they could be letdown (or whelmdown, if you will) but Cochrane comes with a start point of very few whelms. The only whelm is up.

Bazzas right boot

How do you know what levels they are at, if they aren't given the chance to show what they can do?

I don't, but the coaches and managers who have played, coach and trained at that level will have a good idea. 

They see them in reserve games and training then make a call, I don't. 

Therefor when decisions like this happen I don't lose my shit and champion random young players. 

With your logic, I'm a world class  right back who could do a job up front for Barcelona. 

Just never had the chance. 🤷‍♂️

You do stretch reality to new frontiers. 

1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Dingo, nobody is debating Chico’s career. What we are debating is that you entirely made up a link between Hearts and him. God bless

Yeah that's what I done, seems to be the narrative on here, when we don't sign a player that we've had talks with or rumours. 

Certainly was the case when the lad that signed for Luton instead of us, ah Armand better wasn't 1st choice 🙄

Stendelnator
1 minute ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Remember this is zero pressure whelms this signing. When we have a signing with massive accrued whelms there’s every chance they could be letdown (or whelmdown, if you will) but Cochrane comes with a start point of very few whelms. The only whelm is up.

Whelmish then?

4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Watch them during training and reserve matches like every other club in the world. If they are good enough they will play, baffles me folk think that the club or Neilson just wont play players if they are good enough. Like every other club, if they are not good enough they don't play and get moved on.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

Bit of an aside, I'd liked Darge the couple of times I've seen him.  Looks good I think.  Only just 18 so a loan the right thing I'd suggest

If he can get more game time at say  championship leve or league 1 then that will benefit him and also let us see if he has the "minerals". 

It's not rocket science. 

Pasquale for King

What the **** does Brighton having a relationship with Hibs have to do with this guy signing a new contract to come back and play in a poor league for a smaller team? There’s no upside for the guy in doing that, he can get a bigger fee and wages at a better club if he has a good season. 
You’ve imagined a scenario that’s extremely unlikely to happen as like it or not Hibs have passed on this guy already. 

Pasquale for King
16 minutes ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Genuinely wasn’t me! I’m on Facebook but not much. And don’t look at the comments on Hearts’ posts (have in the past and regretted it!)

I like to see the difference between FB/Twitter/JKB. 

Pasquale for King
5 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Ah so Alex Cochrane is actually a Hibs sleeper agent, he’s been sent here to play well and help Hearts, so that Hibs sign him. That makes more sense. 

Surprised he didn’t get 007 as his number. 

Pasquale for King

Don’t speak it fluently

You do, you’re the JKB Suzie Dent of the scale of Whelms 😜..

2 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

I don't, but the coaches and managers who have played, coach and trained at that level will have a good idea. 

They see them in reserve games and training then make a call, I don't. 

Therefor when decisions like this happen I don't lose my shit and champion random young players. 

With your logic, I'm a world class  right back who could do a job up front for Barcelona. 

Just never had the chance. 🤷‍♂️

You do stretch reality to new frontiers. 

Can coaches make mistakes on young players 🤔I mean, we only let one go that a club has just turned down more money that what we received for Hickey 🙄

But he wasn't good enough either wasn't the coaches fault, yet the guy who let him go, is now on the radio hoping he does well 🤔

But at the time he considered him not good enough. 

Just Arsenal, Leeds, Celtic, Watford, Man City all showing interest in him, but Smith our academy is shi** 🙄 these players aren't ready. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Cochrane I think will be a very good addition and at 21 he has quite a bit of experience behind him and is not just a youngster with raw talent. Can go straight in to the team if required!

8 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

No but Hibs and Brighton have a partnership. 

49 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Or give them a chance like Hickey, if they do well tie them down to a long contract, then when the time comes, Cash in making the club money?

We probably would have but seeing as there has been virtually zero youth football for the last year maybe our current crop of youngsters are a little behind Hickey in their development 

8 minutes ago, jambopilms said:

Watch them during training and reserve matches like every other club in the world. If they are good enough they will play, baffles me folk think that the club or Neilson just wont play players if they are good enough. Like every other club, if they are not good enough they don't play and get moved on.

We can all train the same, under them bright lights we perform different, taking it into a game is what matters. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Can coaches make mistakes on young players 🤔I mean, we only let one go that a club has just turned down more money that what we received for Hickey 🙄

But he wasn't good enough either wasn't the coaches fault, yet the guy who let him go, is now on the radio hoping he does well 🤔

But at the time he considered him not good enough. 

Just Arsenal, Leeds, Celtic, Watford, Man City all showing interest in him, but Smith our academy is shi** 🙄 these players aren't ready. 

But if Hickey was in front of Doig? Hindsight is a wonderful thing, bit unfortunate to have 2 at the same time. Not the point but still not getting Doig being all the rage myself, done very little in any game I have watched. Scott McKenna though, paper talk Aberdeen talk 7 million went for 2 in the end

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Shanks said:

Happy with this as it’s a loan signing.  These are the only signings I want whilst neilson is at the club.  

Don’t want any 4 year big bucks deal getting handed out to total shite players as usual.  

Get the loan singings in, means when Neilson is sacked about November/December the new manager won’t have even more dross stuck at the club for years. 

Fair point. 

1 minute ago, Ribble said:

We probably would have but seeing as there has been virtually zero youth football for the last year maybe our current crop of youngsters are a little behind Hickey in their development 

The club is playing that narrative to suit mate, check who played in the friendlys last year when covid had kicked in, and you will see who that's all I'm saying on the matter. 

Stendelnator
4 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Go and just outright say what the big conspiracy is since you’re so much smarter than all of us

Saint Jambo

I love jkb. Might have started the afternoon feeling relatively neutral about Cochrane, but reading the totally over the top negativity on here in reaction to him signing has left me feeling really positive about the signing.

BackOfTheNet
8 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

You do, you’re the JKB Suzie Dent of the scale of Whelms 😜..

That gives me a funny feeling in the whelmajingles

Could be playing a back 3 and Kingsley in the three. Must be a reason we’ve signed another left back. 

was meant to be in reply to @kingantti1874

Edited by GinRummy

That gives me a funny feeling in the whelmajingles

Told you I had a feeling about today. Feelings are rarely wrong 

19 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Haring is our best Dm

Agree with everything except the part in bold. Saying Brighton’s Youth set up is a higher level than the SPL is a bit “Jordan McGhee” :wink: 

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Newton51 said:

The infamous “max” who previously trained with us signs for st Johnstone 

Interested to see how he does, though that says he signed for St Johnstone last season and now has a new contract, so that flew under the radar.

Famous 1874

Probably a position that we didn’t really need to strengthen but I’ve also read that he can play centre back so possibly more of a squad depth player. Neilson clearly doesn’t see anyone in the academy to fill that spot.

Need a first choice centre back massively. Then another centre midfielder & creative midfielder. Probably a striker too. 

Rick Sanchez

I'm disappointed at the position, not the player. I thought we'd moved quickly and signed our preferred target at left centre back or central midfield.

24 minutes ago, Brighton Jambo said:

Exactly. Savage and the team have much more knowledge of the game than anyone in this forum.

Give the lad a chance, give Savage a chance

Lord Beni of Gorgie
16 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Out of contract once he finishes with us, so how does that aid that partnership?

Young, hopefully lots of energy about him, will be eager to impress, good competition for Kingsley you would think, good opportunity for the lad to get first team football with us if he does well, won’t be taking up much wages so will be able to spend the budget elsewhere and is a position we need back up/competition for, assuming Halliday is playing centre mid this season.

let’s be positive and optimistic it’s a good signing. We know we need to sign 2/3 quality players in other positions which are more priority so signing makes sense to me. Don’t want to be spending silly amounts on a back up/squad option left back….hopefully our budget is going on some quality players we need in the key positions we need 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***