***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

At least we have a Cochrane back in the squad.

Cocky out, Cocky in. It's what we do. 😜

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

^^^ Knows his shit…

🤣🤣

🤣🤣

yeah we do unfortunately

^^^ also knows his shit

^^^ doesnt know his shit

Well see 👍

Diadora Van Basten

I think we need to do better than this if we are going to be competing at the top end of the table this season.

Signing average squad players is what got us into this mess.

Stendelnator
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Very much the case. Came close to a couple of deals a few windows ago now his sources have dried up he’s taking his chance to mump and moan about everything

Crying into his Charlie mulgrew jammies 

RustyRightPeg
Just now, Diadora Van Basten said:

I think we need to do better than this if we are going to be competing at the top end of the table this season.

Signing average squad players is what got us into this mess.

Have you watched the young lad play before to know he’s an average player?

chuck berrys hairline
9 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I thought it was you to be honest 😜

It was me 😆

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Hold on a minute I'll get my magic wand out and stop hearts from making signings 😂

I have an opinion you don't have to agree with it, I've given my reasons which some posters can understand, others can't though,they could and would if it had been us who had a partnership with Brighton, and Hibs had made this signing. 

What does that mean, can you edit please, makes zero sense

3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Very much the case. Came close to a couple of deals a few windows ago now his sources have dried up he’s taking his chance to mump and moan about everything

Yep I'm moaning as it gives Brighton the chance to renew his contract, or put him in the shop window. 

While we develop other players but neglect our own 😂😂

Only one winner in this deal. 

While Leo Watson and Co get farmed out on loan,but we give youth a chance 😂

Pasquale for King
2 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

It was me 😆

Hahahahaha I’m underwhelmed at that revelation 😱😜

2 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

What does that mean, can you edit please, makes zero sense

OK Sir Gio, continue to be happy with developing other teams players, while we do what with our own, our players aren't good enough, do me a favour 🤔

Pasquale for King
Just now, Bongo 1874 said:

Yep I'm moaning as it gives Brighton the chance to renew his contract, or put him in the shop window. 

It doesn’t really make much difference on whether they renew his contract, he can reject it and leave. 

Diadora Van Basten
3 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

Have you watched the young lad play before to know he’s an average player?

No I doubt anyone has watched him play including our scouts.

John Findlay
5 minutes ago, JohnB said:

Cocky out, Cocky in. It's what we do. 😜

Speak for yourself😉

RustyRightPeg

I don’t understand what you’re getting at though, surely we’re the winner getting a player who can step in and play 🤨

Neilson and co have been back at the club for over a year and watched the youth train everyday. If they aren’t ready, they aren’t ready! Loan them out and get them first team experience by all means that’s the purpose of it. As I said earlier would you rather they were put into the team too early and absolutely destroyed mentally and physically????

5 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Crying into his Charlie mulgrew jammies 

Aye well I'm sure Charlie has a few winners medals or two, played Champions league football. 

Remind me who you are?

2 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

It doesn’t really make much difference on whether they renew his contract, he can reject it and leave. 

You think he will do that 😂 cmon mate behave. 

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

No I doubt anyone has watched him play including our scouts.

So before you’ve even stepped foot in a stadium or loaded up your stream you have it in your head this lad isn’t good enough for us. You’ll tell yourself that and the first misplaced pass he makes “BOOOOO not good enough, told you, pish get him off”. 

beggers belief honestly.

The Hogfather
16 minutes ago, Darren said:

Probably because they don't spend all day reading football forums on the internet.

This is just pish. 

You'd have a reasonable point if the negativity didn't also cover social media, which I imagine they do read. Try again.

1 minute ago, RustyRightPeg said:

I don’t understand what you’re getting at though, surely we’re the winner getting a player who can step in and play 🤨

Neilson and co have been back at the club for over a year and watched the youth train everyday. If they aren’t ready, they aren’t ready! Loan them out and get them first team experience by all means that’s the purpose of it. As I said earlier would you rather they were put into the team too early and absolutely destroyed mentally and physically????

How will they be destroyed 😂 its football, you're making an assumption that they won't do well, give them a chance if they don't do well I'll hold my hands up, and happily admit I'm wrong. 

What sort of pathway are we creating for our youth players?

Trust there to be a signing in the wee period in the last couple of weeks where I was busy. 

Well done Hearts, keep them coming. 

4 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

While we develop other players but neglect our own 😂😂

While Leo Watson and Co get farmed out on loan,but we give youth a chance 😂

RustyRightPeg
1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

How will they be destroyed 😂 its football, you're making an assumption that they won't do well, give them a chance if they don't do well I'll hold my hands up, and happily admit I'm wrong. 

What sort of pathway are we creating for our youth players?

I’m done with this discussion you've got the blinkers on 

The Hogfather

With the undiluted negativity that's spewing from you and many others, the last place I'd put any of our young players is the first team. God help any of them being exposed to the absolute nonsense that spills out from the Tynecastle crowd.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
3 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

OK Sir Gio, continue to be happy with developing other teams players, while we do what with our own, our players aren't good enough, do me a favour 🤔

Now I know what you mean I can answer. 

Not particularly no, but there is a balance to be struck. I dont think this in any way helps Hibs though, I find that notion ridiculous. Out of contract at the end of the season, the choice of where he plays will be his not Brightons. At 21, at a guess, he is not going to make in the Premier League. He has found a good option for him in the last year of his contract advised by none other than David Weir. I get the bit it blocks a young left back for us, not the other bit though, think you are just being awkward as seems to be your want these days.

However if our Under 20 players are not mature for it yet, surely better to have options

Bazzas right boot
18 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Souttar, Halkett, Popescu, Haring, Darge, 

Nope. 

Would be a sad state of affairs if we plan to use them at lb. 

Thankfully those at the club know what they are doing. 

Halkett, Haring or Souttar at lb... 

:jj_facepalm:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/hearts-snap-up-alex-cochrane-24412771

Hearts snap up Alex Cochrane on loan from Hibs' signing partners Brighton

Hibs announced a new strategic partnership with Brighton & Hove Albion but Hearts have signed one of the Seagulls rising stars on loan.

FTH

Edited by nijambo

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Watson hasn’t played a minute of senior football I don’t believe, just turned 18. personally rather he went on loan playing regular and judge for next season when cochranes deal ends 

Diadora Van Basten
2 minutes ago, RustyRightPeg said:

So before you’ve even stepped foot in a stadium or loaded up your stream you have it in your head this lad isn’t good enough for us. You’ll tell yourself that and the first misplaced pass he makes “BOOOOO not good enough, told you, pish get him off”. 

beggers belief honestly.

I noticed you haven’t replied regarding my comment that we have just signed a player that our scouts haven’t seen play.

Just tried to make me out to be a knuckle dragger which I am not.

BackOfTheNet
20 minutes ago, Pasquale for King said:

I thought it was you to be honest 😜

16 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

👋😅

Genuinely wasn’t me! I’m on Facebook but not much. And don’t look at the comments on Hearts’ posts (have in the past and regretted it!)

Lord Beni of Gorgie
8 minutes ago, mitch41 said:

I'd empty Halliday now, Kingsley is only a back up in my opinion, I'm wrong never right.

FTFY

Stendelnator
Just now, Jamboj1 said:

Watson hasn’t played a minute of senior football I don’t believe, just turned 18. personally rather he went on loan playing regular and judge for next season when cochranes deal ends 

Watson, Darge etc should be playing at teams like Spartans and Linlithgow in proper competitive teams for the next season. 

Stendelnator
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Aye well I'm sure Charlie has a few winners medals or two, played Champions league football. 

Remind me who you are?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Losing it mate. Because Charlie Mulgrew’s career is the point being made. 👏 

RustyRightPeg

I noticed you haven’t replied regarding my comment that we have just signed a player that our scouts haven’t seen play.

Just tried to make me out to be a knuckle dragger which I am not.

I chose to ignore it.

Savage probably has though, remember him, our Sporting Director who’s job is to identify and sign players???

1 minute ago, Stendelnator said:

Watson, Darge etc should be playing at teams like Spartans and Linlithgow in proper competitive teams for the next season. 

Seems about right. Let them play with men and toughen them up a bit. 

6 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

You'd have a reasonable point if the negativity didn't also cover social media, which I imagine they do read. Try again.

Football forums are social media.

Every club has arsehole fans. Not condoning it in the slightest but he wouldn't be joining any clubs if he was put off by a few negative comments, be it on here or Twitter/Facebook/Instagram.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
2 minutes ago, Jamboj1 said:

I actually liked the look of him up at Arbroath in a pre season game, looked physically as if he needed to grow a good deal, not a height thing before anyone jumps down the throat!

BackOfTheNet
7 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Trust there to be a signing in the wee period in the last couple of weeks where I was busy. 

Well done Hearts, keep them coming. 

11 minutes ago, stuart500 said:

image.png

Bazzas right boot
8 minutes ago, Bongo 1874 said:

It's really not hard to work out. 

Our coaches and mgt don't think our youth options in this position are good enough or ready to cover us, so they'll be loaned out likely at a lower level to get game time and see how they perform. 

The Brighton lb is seen not to be good enough at epl level so he has been loaned out at a lower level to see how he performs. 

You're either being silly or just obstructive and argumentative for the sake of it. 

BTW, giving youth a chance does not just mean chucking them in the first team. 

It has various levels, all of which I'm sure you're aware off. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Nope. 

Would be a sad state of affairs if we plan to use them at lb. 

Thankfully those at the club know what they are doing. 

Halkett, Haring or Souttar at lb... 

:jj_facepalm:

He said left centre back, he said the new guy can play left back or Left centre back. 

We currently have Kingsley and Halliday that can play Left back. 

If we play 352 we could play either Kingsley or Halliday or even GMS at wingback.

In reserve Watson could get first team experience this season. 

Micheal Smith can also play as one of the three centre half's, if Robbie goes back to 4231 he's in big trouble mark my words. 

Diadora Van Basten
Just now, RustyRightPeg said:

I chose to ignore it.

Savage probably has though, remember him, our Sporting Director who’s job is to identify and sign players???

Savage hasn’t seen him he’s been out injured since February.

Savage is just continuing our scattergun approach to signing quantity over quality. 

5 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Losing it mate. Because Charlie Mulgrew’s career is the point being made. 👏 

A winners jammies, or yours hard decision 🤔

Why you would even come out with that certifies to me, your a creep 😂

RustyRightPeg

Savage hasn’t seen him he’s been out injured since February.

Savage is just continuing our scattergun approach to signing quantity over quality. 

Ah yes, I forgot he only started watching football when he joined Hearts and he has no experience of the game prior to coming here.

3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's really not hard to work out. 

Our coaches and mgt don't think our youth options in this position are good enough or ready to cover us, so they'll be loaned out likely at a lower level to get game time and see how they perform. 

The Brighton lb is seen not to be good enough at epl level so he has been loaned out at a lower level to see how he performs. 

You're either being silly or just obstructive and argumentative for the sake of it. 

BTW, giving youth a chance does not just mean chucking them in the first team. 

It has various levels, all of which I'm sure you're aware off. 

How do you know what levels they are at, if they aren't given the chance to show what they can do?

The Hogfather
1 minute ago, Darren said:

Football forums are social media.

Every club has arsehole fans. Not condoning it in the slightest but he wouldn't be joining any clubs if he was put off by a few negative comments, be it on here or Twitter/Facebook/Instagram.

The Hearts support has certainly ruined the confidence of a number of players in recent years with overly critical nonsense thrown their way. I just think it's about time certain people grew up and packed it in. Their opinions aren't that important.

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***