***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Guest ToqueJambo
10 minutes ago, BigAlim said:

A season rarely goes by where I don't think we need Aguiar tbh

One of the best midfielders I've ever seen play for us. Total quality. Up there with Hartley. Signed straight from Benfica's first team after playing CL football the year before and breaking into the Portugal B Team. Mental times.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Stendelnator

I might have a go. 

We are going to announce a new signing tomorrow (technically later today) You heard it here first. Or probably didn’t. 

But that’s what I was told. 

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, jamboinglasgow said:

So another day, no signings.

Whats people thoughts on the chance of a new signing tomorrow?

Slim to none, you'd think if anything we'd announce ginelly first. 

Im obviously impatient but it feels like the same every year with our recruitment. 

1 hour ago, Stendelnator said:

Surely the bongo drums are ready and waiting 

Doesn't matter who we sign, are best asset has just retired, he was a player you didn't want to lose, you can virtually wave goodbye to European football now, who do you replace him with. 

I feel sorry for Gordon tbh, he's in for a rough season. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

18 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Slim to none, you'd think if anything we'd announce ginelly first. 

Im obviously impatient but it feels like the same every year with our recruitment. 

Our best signings are keeping the likes of Gordon and Naismith for the next two years, Robbie has stated the goal is top 6 well those two years if you have Gordon and Naismith that's achievable. 

But feck me who do you replace naismith with now, tell me a player with his experience we can get?. 

You could sign 6-7 players and overall they won't bring what he does to a club. 

We need stability and experience and he's letting them leave wtf!!. 

1 minute ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Our best signings are keeping the likes of Gordon and Naismith for the next two years, Robbie has stated the goal is top 6 well those two years if you have Gordon and Naismith that's achievable. 

But feck me who do you replace naismith with now, tell me a player with his experience we can get?. 

You could sign 6-7 players and overall they won't bring what he does to a club. 

We need stability and experience and he's letting them leave wtf!!. 

Wont be as big a miss as you think as he will still be about the place to help the players. We rarely see him on the pitch these days anyway so not much will change apart from having wages available to recruit

Just now, 19/05/2012 said:

Wont be as big a miss as you think as he will still be about the place to help the players. We rarely see him on the pitch these days anyway so not much will change apart from having wages available to recruit

Sorry but he's a presence, he's a winner, he's a massive Loss, when him and Haring came on in the semi they changed the game, you can't buy that mate, are people forgetting we got beat at home and away last season, to utter crap may i add. 

He can be about the place all he wants, his presence is felt on the pitch. 

I feel this is a big mistake but i hope I'm proved wrong!. 

StevenNaismith

Bongo, how can you feel it’s a mistake? It’s Naisy’s decision, one that the club has known was coming since the end of April. 

27 minutes ago, StevenNaismith said:

Bongo, how can you feel it’s a mistake? It’s Naisy’s decision, one that the club has known was coming since the end of April. 

Because as much as it's his decision, can we replace the guy with experience the answer is no, we could've convinced him to stay on and what he brings to the playing side of things, I mean haven't we offered him a job? 🤔

He's obviously been told his role within the squad will be reduced etc, and the club must feel they can use the money on better players etc, I seriously hope the club is right it's a massive gamble. 

Edited by Bongo 1874

2 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Sorry but he's a presence, he's a winner, he's a massive Loss, when him and Haring came on in the semi they changed the game, you can't buy that mate, are people forgetting we got beat at home and away last season, to utter crap may i add. 

😂

10 hours ago, BackOfTheNet said:

What was Naismith on? Think I saw somewhere it was £4.5kpw, but I don’t know how accurate that was. Even though we’ll be saving it won’t be the whole amount. He’ll still be on a chunk for what is effectively a Technical Director role. So he may still be on £500-£1k a week at least. Still a saving, but not as much as some might think I would imagine.

I'm not sure where they get the information from but I've seen a few places say that's how much he was on. Naismith, Boyce, Gordon and Damour all on similar wages at about 4-4.5k a week. 

3 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Doesn't matter who we sign, are best asset has just retired, he was a player you didn't want to lose, you can virtually wave goodbye to European football now, who do you replace him with. 

At least you're staying positive

The guy knows himself that his playing time is up. I am sure if he thought he had a contribution to make he would be staying on and playing another year. He obviously has ability and can also drive team mates on but he hardly ever seems fit. However, it does free some money for the player budget to get someone with decent ability, albeit with good recruitment in place.  

johnking123

Would have to be off your nut or blind last year to think Naismith was really going to help us into Europe.  He struggled in championship last year and he knows it. Felt he hindered team when playing and was just getting on some players nerves with constant moaning.

Because as much as it's his decision, can we replace the guy with experience the answer is no, we could've convinced him to stay on and what he brings to the playing side of things, I mean haven't we offered him a job? 🤔

He's obviously been told his role within the squad will be reduced etc, and the club must feel they can use the money on better players etc, I seriously hope the club is right it's a massive gamble. 

:rofl: give it a rest for once ffs. 

Jean Louis Valois

Naismith retiring is completely his choice, nothing to do with the club. He knew his time was up, happens with all players unfortunately.

The weather gets cooler from today. 

Maybe that’ll mean people on here will stop with the crazies. 

7 hours ago, wavydavy said:

He signed a four year deal and still has two years left on that so I would imagine that we will still be paying him that contract for the next two years even in his new role. Can't imangine that he would agree to a reduced salary.

Oh dear Wavy...can we put your thoughts these last few days down to sun stroke perhaps 😬🥴

Dearie me, bizarre.... 🤯

A_A wehatethehibs
4 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Surely according to your philosophy we have a ready made replacement in Euan Henderson?

Just play the kid, coach him a bit and he'll automatically become equally the same class as Naismith?

Why don't we pay Euan Naismith's 5 grand a week right now? 

5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

And yet he is still going to be at the club. Must say something about the club he is willing to take another role. He still be a positive influence around the place. RN’s fault after a couple of persistent  injury years he wants to retire ? 😂

Stay of the drugs during the week mate it isn’t doing you any favours. 

Think I'm with you bongo. Biggest issue was playing him deep/as attacking mid. His choice of course but felt he could've had another season or two as an actual forward. Reads the game and still more mobile than say MacLean or others we've had 

He's maybe not wanted to adapt his game or felt he can no longer perform to the standards he expects.

Nookie Bear

Another day. 

“Talking to a couple of players 

99% done

Being shown round the ground/Sky Lounge/Nandos

No idea what the delay is

Not giving any details whatsoever, but can confirm they may be football players

Wow

Fed up with the abuse”

Have a good day folks 👍🏻

Massive gamble?    The player knows himself that he can’t contribute what he used to.   Yes,  he will be a miss but he’s not the player of a couple of seasons ago and he knows it, otherwise he would be honouring his playing contract.  I applaud his decision, we should all respect it, but it’s a bit of an overreaction to say it’s a massive gamble for the club.   We thank him for his service and we move on.    Sadly a Naisy in 21/22 season is not going to be the lynchpin of this football club. 

BackOfTheNet

Right I’m going to try some reverse psychology here - today we will NOT sign any players. Heard it here first.

Morning Jambos.  I'm expecting major announcements today on signings and a host of other subjects, ST sales etc.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

Another day. 

“Talking to a couple of players 

99% done

Being shown round the ground/Sky Lounge/Nandos

No idea what the delay is

Not giving any details whatsoever, but can confirm they may be football players

Wow

Fed up with the abuse”

Have a good day folks 👍🏻

Merci 👏. Sun is shining - today is the day (possibly) 

BackOfTheNet
14 minutes ago, Kiwidoug said:

Morning Jambos.  I'm expecting major announcements today on signings and a host of other subjects, ST sales etc.

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

12 minutes ago, Baxfee said:

Merci 👏. Sun is shining - today is the day (possibly) 

12 minutes ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Today’s the day……… 

10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

ITK’ers gone quiet ? I’d expect some announcements today then. 

You guys are really harshing my reverse psychology mojo here…

5 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

How is it a mistake?  His legs have gone, knees more likely. He has admitted that himself. Credit to him for being honest. He could have sat on the physio’s bench for two more years. Impossible to see any mistakes in it though. 

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/josh-ginnelly-transfer-latest-hearts-20836206

Hearts boss Robbie Neilson has revealed Josh Ginnelly is still doing his rehab at the club and they're still waiting for a contract decision.

But the club are still waiting on things being ironed out and there's nothing expected in the coming days as Neilson continues to prepare for the new season.

:cornette:

6 minutes ago, Sertse said:

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/sport/football/josh-ginnelly-transfer-latest-hearts-20836206

Hearts boss Robbie Neilson has revealed Josh Ginnelly is still doing his rehab at the club and they're still waiting for a contract decision.

But the club are still waiting on things being ironed out and there's nothing expected in the coming days as Neilson continues to prepare for the new season.

:cornette:

What? 🤣 we're waiting on a decision but allowing him to bash on with his rehab at the club he might decide to turn down?

Aye right then.

Heartsofgold

Well today’s the day for us to expect **** all from the club. That way when something is actually announced we can react in the way JKB always does and either big then up or rip them apart. 

This thread has been a ****ing train wreck since about page 5. 

Absolute Scenes
6 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Naismith was more of a hindrance to our game than an asset last season , semi final and final aside. What do you want hearts to do if a player decides to retire? Force him to play when he’s not capable? Having said that though, I agree you don’t come across that kind if experience at our level so he will be a miss. But we’ll be fine

Absolute Scenes
7 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

What? 🤣 we're waiting on a decision but allowing him to bash on with his rehab at the club he might decide to turn down?

Aye right then.

Yeah that’s a strange one. I imagine he’s already agreed but Neilson is playing it low-key as that would be the biggest sucker punch if we were to nurse him back to health for another club

unless he means that he’s letting him focus on getting fit in case anything comes up that means he’ll have the same type of injury again and will help us stop getting burnt with injuries.

Edited by Absolute Scenes

Just now, Absolute Scenes said:

Naismith was more of a hindrance to our game than an asset last season , semi final and final aside. What do you want hearts to do if a player decides to retire? Force him to play when he’s not capable? Having said that though, I agree you don’t come across that kind if experience at our level so he will be a miss. But we’ll be fine

Spot on. Naismith knows his legs have gone and it’s an entirely correct and honest decision from him to stop playing. His presence at the club bringing on young players will be huge. 

Absolute Scenes
1 minute ago, Deevers said:

Spot on. Naismith knows his legs have gone and it’s an entirely correct and honest decision from him to stop playing. His presence at the club bringing on young players will be huge. 

I only wish Berra had done the same otherwise we might have been looking at a double cup final success against Celtic 

Vlad the impaler

If Ginnelly signs for another team after hearts puting him through rehab etc then he’s done Neilson up like a kipper that he is

Absolute Scenes
Just now, Vlad the impaler said:

If Ginnelly signs for another team after hearts puting him through rehab etc then he’s done Neilson up like a kipper that he is

That’s my worry. Mr nice guy doesn’t always win. If so it’s also shocking on Josh’s part for taking full advantage of a team that has cared for him through his first major injury.

he better blooody sign 😂😂😂

16 minutes ago, DG_HMFC said:

Aye right then.

Who says it's not the club waiting to see how his rehab progresses?

We get you back on the mend and help you recover. All going well there's a contract offer at the end of it?

Biffa Bacon
7 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

We don't know anything about the contract negotiations.... but it's Neilsons fault 🤣

Just now, Biffa Bacon said:

We don't know anything about the contract negotiations.... but it's Neilsons fault 🤣

Aye was my point. Folk just jump to assumptions

Nookie Bear
9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

I only wish Berra had done the same otherwise we might have been looking at a double cup final success against Celtic 

We have enough science and technology at the club to know when a player is on the decline. 

The decision on Berra should have been the club’s first and foremost. 

Vlad the impaler
3 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

If Neilson has let the club be used without getting any sort of confirmation from Josh that he’s inclined to sign then it is 100% his fault. Saying that it’s probably just one of his usual spins to the press and he’s already signed

Rick Sanchez

You probably do but it doesn't feel like you get this kind of Ginnelly situation at other clubs. And Naismith before him.

It's obvious he's signing but don't talk about it until he's signed. Just makes us look amateur.

Just now, sadj said:

Well this thread has got even more mental the last 12hours or so

If no signings today - it will only get worse. 

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, BackOfTheNet said:

Right I’m going to try some reverse psychology here - today we will NOT sign any players. Heard it here first.

You might be saying it for reverse psychology but I just cant see any signings today. Has been too many days like this and just feels like there is nothing close to happening. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***