• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

There will DEFINITELY be a new signing today. 

Names and number of whelms please

39 minutes ago, Vlad the impaler said:

If Ginnelly signs for another team after hearts puting him through rehab etc then he’s done Neilson up like a kipper that he is

More like he doesn’t want to move back to Lancashire during pandemic and Preston are reimbursing us for his rehab. But go ahead and have a go at the club. 

All roads lead to Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

Yep, some random player will sign an autograph for someone at the gates :smile:

Vlad the impaler
Just now, soonbe110 said:

More like he doesn’t want to move back to Lancashire during pandemic and Preston are reimbursing us for his rehab. But go ahead and have a go at the club. 

That’s some jump you’ve made there considering he’s been back at Preston,London etc during pandemic and what proof do you have that Preston are picking up the bill?

11 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

There is reverse psychology then there is going too far. 

3 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Na , players on loan we have to pay their rehab costs 🤣🤣 This place is absolutely mental today

Clark Griswold

Are folk really making out the club is taking a gamble by letting Naismith retire? Jesus wept

:cornette:

Nookie Bear

Is it not more of a concern that Josh is still apparently In rehab?

Suggests he will not be a starter for the new season. 

Absolute Scenes
4 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

a ruptured hamstring is quite a bad injury, so will take time to heal from surgery.

A_A wehatethehibs
6 minutes ago, Nookie Bear said:

It's not so much concern for me. Both club and fans know the risk of taking on Josh Ginelly next season. So I would think everything possible is being done to ensure he is in the best condition possible when he next gets on a pitch, with no stone left unturned in his recovery.

Because if, and its a big if, but if he can stay fit he easily could win player of the year in Scotland next season tearing the league up for arse paper, so the risk calculation is, it's worth the risk

The fact Naismith had a role to walk into suggests this was discussed in depth and the club must have thought it was likely he'd call time on his playing career. So it is likely we've been looking at bolstering our attacking options knowing he'd be leaving a gap in the squad. On that basis I'm predicting that with the announcement being yesterday there will be a klaxon today...

Arthur Morgan
1 minute ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

he easily could win player of the year in Scotland next season tearing the league up for arse paper, so the risk calculation is, it's worth the risk

He's good but we really don't know if he's that good, we were only playing in the Championship last season afterall. 

7 hours ago, Bongo 1874 said:

Our best signings are keeping the likes of Gordon and Naismith for the next two years, Robbie has stated the goal is top 6 well those two years if you have Gordon and Naismith that's achievable. 

But feck me who do you replace naismith with now, tell me a player with his experience we can get?. 

You could sign 6-7 players and overall they won't bring what he does to a club. 

We need stability and experience and he's letting them leave wtf!!. 

Playing devils advocate simply due to how much you appear to adore SN...(and I ain't a hater of his btw)

You say 6 or 7 players won't bring what he brings 🤪...we will struggle to replace him in any way...🤯

We can't ignore that whilst he may not have always been fit, he has been a major figurehead on/off the park in what can be described as the most radical decline of our team in my memory and definitely periods in our history....you can argue this that or the other, but that is fact....on that basis alone, I think will will be fine, and maybe others brought in, will assume more responsibility going forward, than has been the case over the last 4 years or so...

I'm sure there is life after SN!! 

Italian Lambretta
30 minutes ago, Stendelnator said:

The unveiling of the new Sous Chef for the Skyline Restaurant?

9 minutes ago, Absolute Scenes said:

a ruptured hamstring is quite a bad injury, so will take time to heal from surgery.

Was a ruptured hammy not the injury that rendered Berra a footballing disaster zone? Maybe a bigger gamble than we are thinking. Especially with a player whose best weapon is his pace.

People keep saying how much of a nightmare and how terrible this thread is, as if it's a surprise. 

I can only assume they've never bothered to read the previous years' transfer threads. They're always a trainwreck. 

swahilli_hello

Just a thought!
Would a new signing not need to Isolate for 10days if from the Amber List of countries? Eg:- Finland, Denmark, Norway are a few examples on a very long Amber list?

Amber List Countries.

On arrival in Scotland you must:

•isolate at home or in the place you are staying for 10 days

If your in a room isolating you can't have a scarf above your head at Tynecastle.

Absolute Scenes
11 minutes ago, Shug73 said:

Was a ruptured hammy not the injury that rendered Berra a footballing disaster zone? Maybe a bigger gamble than we are thinking. Especially with a player whose best weapon is his pace.

i mean lets hope the age difference is a factor that works in Josh's favour - i think there are different levels of rupture, but Berra was at the latter stages of his career so maybe why it affected him so much

Absolute Scenes
16 minutes ago, Jambo92 said:

Just seen Rafa Grzelak in Gorgie Sainso, said he's coming back to finish business. Welcome back Rafa.

good to know, i have a fence unfinished in the front garden needing done

Edited by Absolute Scenes

The Hogfather
3 minutes ago, swahilli_hello said:

Just a thought!
Would a new signing not need to Isolate for 10days if from the Amber List of countries? Eg:- Finland, Denmark, Norway are a few examples on a very long Amber list?

Amber List Countries.

If your in a room isolating you can't have a scarf above your head at Tynecastle.

If we're focusing on the English market, I doubt Danish, Finnish or Norwegian restrictions will mean much to us.

3 minutes ago, jonnothejambo said:

Roasters and flappers everywhere, mate. 

And don’t forget the increasing number of pant wetters. No patience in so many. Prefer the silence from the club to the extremely leaky ship it has been for the past few years. Getting the right people over the line is the important thing and not broadcasting who were are in for. Interesting  that since one or two people have left the club the flow of information on signing targets has all but dried up.

BackOfTheNet
9 minutes ago, swahilli_hello said:

Just a thought!

Amber List Countries.

Would be flabbergasted if we get anyone who is not already playing in the UK or Ireland (even the supposed Scandinavian signing). Saying that, players go on holiday, so even if they’ve went for a jaunt in Spain they’ll need to self-isolate. Depends on when they went on holiday in that case.

26 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It's not so much concern for me. Both club and fans know the risk of taking on Josh Ginelly next season. So I would think everything possible is being done to ensure he is in the best condition possible when he next gets on a pitch, with no stone left unturned in his recovery.

Because if, and its a big if, but if he can stay fit he easily could win player of the year in Scotland next season tearing the league up for arse paper, so the risk calculation is, it's worth the risk

I worry that some of us are building Ginelly into some kind of messiah based on very few actual appearances/time on the pitch.

If he signs I’ll be happy enough and if he can stay fit we’ll be better for having him. Same with Soapy but I’m keeping my expectations down to a Demetri Mitchell level

2 hours ago, GavK1012 said:

Oh dear Wavy...can we put your thoughts these last few days down to sun stroke perhaps 😬🥴

Dearie me, bizarre.... 🤯

What is bizarre about that. Do you think he has reduced his remaining contract?

10 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

My ten bob is that he has withdrawn from playing so we withdarw from paying. He was on a professional football playing contract. He’s decides to retire soI would guess his contract will be null and void. 
He will be on a coaching contract now. 

Hopefully buit I wouldn't bet on it. Maybe he will get Damour as his assistant on a reduced contract.

1 minute ago, wavydavy said:

He doesn't have a remaining contract. He has retired so his playing contract is no longer valid. He now has a new non-playing contract. No idea why you find this so hard?? 

2 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Somehow pinning Naismith retiring on Neilson is definitely a new Kickback low.

Lol that and the club are paying him £220k+ to be a player development manager. Yet we paid CL about 130+ a year as manager and Football overseererererer

Edited by sadj

2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Hopefully buit I wouldn't bet on it. Maybe he will get Damour as his assistant on a reduced contract.

Why would you not bet on it. Do you honestly believe we are paying Naismith more than we were paying Levein for an off field role

3 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

He has retired as a player so rightly will have to give up his right to be paid as a player as his current contract. No idea what his salary will be now but it certainly won’t be the same as his playing contract. 

Different circumstances but Ginnelly's situation reminds me of the Millinkovic saga.

We did all the spade work with his club regarding his release for a modest fee then another club came in and reaped the benefit.

I know Ginnelly is uber popular on here but I have my doubts about signing him. Good player, no question, but his injury and prospect of a further breakdown makes him a big risk, imo.

Particularly given our injury woes over the last few years.

9 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

I worry that some of us are building Ginelly into some kind of messiah based on very few actual appearances/time on the pitch.

If he signs I’ll be happy enough and if he can stay fit we’ll be better for having him. Same with Soapy but I’m keeping my expectations down to a Demetri Mitchell level

He's not. He's just a very naughty boy.

A_A wehatethehibs
22 minutes ago, Arthur Morgan said:

He's good but we really don't know if he's that good, we were only playing in the Championship last season afterall. 

It's just an opinion. He has lightning pace, a cracker of a shot, great awareness, work rate. Left foot + right foot, and good team player. For this level of the game, with a fair wind could be right up there with the best. He has those tools in his locker to individually decide the outcome of football games and stand out. Not many have that. You can only keep the fingers crossed we get that bit of luck with his fitness

6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Lol that and the club are paying him £220k+ to be a player development manager. Yet we paid CL about 130+ a year as manager and Football overseererererer

How do you know all this?

4 minutes ago, XB52 said:

He doesn't have a remaining contract. He has retired so his playing contract is no longer valid. He now has a new non-playing contract. No idea why you find this so hard?? 

Only the people at the club involved in dealing with his contract know the full extent of his salary so anyone commenting other than those is pure speculation.

With the amount of money the club have wasted over the years nothing surprises me. 

A_A wehatethehibs
2 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Only the people at the club involved in dealing with his contract know the full extent of his salary so anyone commenting other than those is pure speculation.

With the amount of money the club have wasted over the years nothing surprises me. 

You do understand that the definition of retiring, is to voluntarily terminate your own contract? He has effectively handed in his resignation? That's what retiring is... 

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

Why would you not bet on it. Do you honestly believe we are paying Naismith more than we were paying Levein for an off field role

I don't know exactly what we were paying Levein nor do I know what we are paying Naismith. I would hazard a gues that you don't know either.

A salary shown on HMFC accounts does not mean that was his only income from the club.

3 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

You do understand that the definition of retiring, is to voluntarily terminate your own contract? He has effectively handed in his resignation? That's what retiring is... 

Yes, I understand that but none of us know what his new contract is. Everyone is assuming it is far less but we don't know what agreement has been reached prior to him announcing his retirement.

I'm sceptical too, davey.

The story was that we couldn't pay Naismith what he wanted, pcm, over a 2 year period so the contract was stretched to 4 with the notion that a future coaching role would be included.

If so, we haven't saved a penny.

I don't know if the above is true but, as you suggest, nobody else on here does either.

Batistuta87
4 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

It's just an opinion. He has lightning pace, a cracker of a shot, great awareness, work rate. Left foot + right foot, and good team player. For this level of the game, with a fair wind could be right up there with the best. He has those tools in his locker to individually decide the outcome of football games and stand out. Not many have that. You can only keep the fingers crossed we get that bit of luck with his fitness

Ginnelly was excellent against Celtic, and that was with an undiagnosed ruptured hamstring. That tells me he's more than good enough to play for us.

His injury doesn't bother me - it was his first long term injury, and whilst it was similar to Berra's who never really recovered, it was nowhere near as serious. Berra's was horrendously bad. He was on crutches and in a full leg brace immediately. Ginnelly, as above, unknowingly played on and off and then in a cup final with a ruptured hammy before getting a scan and having it diagnosed.

Just now, martoon said:

I'm sceptical too, davey.

The story was that we couldn't pay Naismith what he wanted, pcm, over a 2 year period so the contract was stretched to 4 with the notion that a future coaching role would be included.

If so, we haven't saved a penny.

I don't know if the above is true but, as you suggest, nobody else on here does either.

Exactly. Based on the dealings that have been done at the Club for many years nothing surprises me anymore. Ok I know Levein is gone and we are not handing out 4 year deals anymore it seems but why have we given Naismith a Player Development role? 

I know it has been muted that he encourages players on and off the park which is obviously a good thing.

Having said that have we advertised the job on the open market to see if there were any better options out there? Don't think we did.

That in itself suggest to me that we are perhaps just trying to find a role for him to see out the remainder of his original 4 year deal.

I know from the experts on here that he has retired and the suggestion is that his contract will have ceased and a new much smaller one will have been signed but I am not convinced

Niemi’s gloves

On Ginnelly, some people seem to thing we have offered him a contract, so any delay in signing means he is in some way playing us along. 

It seems to me that the more likely situation is that if we have offered a contract, it’s subject to him passing a rigorous medical - something that he’s not yet in a position to do. So he continues with his rehab with us. We have to accept that he might sign for someone else if he is offered a lot more money; just as he has to accept that we might eventually say “sorry, medics and physios say no”. 

Hungry hippo

Exactly. Based on the dealings that have been done at the Club for many years nothing surprises me anymore. Ok I know Levein is gone and we are not handing out 4 year deals anymore it seems but why have we given Naismith a Player Development role? 

I know it has been muted that he encourages players on and off the park which is obviously a good thing.

Having said that have we advertised the job on the open market to see if there were any better options out there? Don't think we did.

That in itself suggest to me that we are perhaps just trying to find a role for him to see out the remainder of his original 4 year deal.

I know from the experts on here that he has retired and the suggestion is that his contract will have ceased and a new much smaller one will have been signed but I am not convinced

Why would we agree to that? We'd be better off keeping him as a player on that basis.

18 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

But knowing what his salary was going to be before he did retire. Reckon he'll be on the same basic salary. Saving on bonuses. 

Comments are hilarious. Last year naisy was being touted as the player/manager and we’d be stupid not to do this. Now, as development manager, some are moaning. Only on JKB! 

8 minutes ago, Niemi’s gloves said:

On Ginnelly, some people seem to thing we have offered him a contract, so any delay in signing means he is in some way playing us along. 

It seems to me that the more likely situation is that if we have offered a contract, it’s subject to him passing a rigorous medical - something that he’s not yet in a position to do. So he continues with his rehab with us. We have to accept that he might sign for someone else if he is offered a lot more money; just as he has to accept that we might eventually say “sorry, medics and physios say no”. 

or we wont announce it until his contract at preston ends at the end of this month. There is the posibility that if he announces he has signed for someone that he misses out on a payment from preston, i.e. naismith when we signed him permanently. That last part is pure speculation from me but is a possibility 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Naismiths replacement is already here, if you dont know who that is, you werent paying attention the last few games

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***