***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***

Batistuta87

Borders Jambo
28 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

We'll soon be begging players that can't get a club elsewhere to sign. As long as we have Neilson in charge any good quality player in our budget will look at other options before they decide to sign.

We are going to be scraping the bottom of the Barrel.

Sorry but that is nonsense.  I'm not great fan of RN but I'm pretty sure he realises that if we don't get off to a good start this season, he will be gone.

Part of that good start presumably equates to recruiting the 3 or 4 decent players that we need to upgrade.  

If as has been reported that some of the players that we have tried to sign (and personally I like hearing from the posters who receive snippets of info)  have instead moved for more lucrative contracts, then I suspect that hasn't been for the want of trying to get them.

• Replies 35.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GinRummy

• BackOfTheNet

• Pasquale for King

• Lord Beni of Gorgie

51 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

I usually do but did not read much from yesterday afternoon and then just a few latest pages this morning.  I am sure some kind sole such as you will enlighten me though.

Nah man, just take 2 mins to read a few pages before the last one is all...it ain't rocket science 😎

A_A wehatethehibs

Who needs players anyway

We're all set to challenge

Unless Soapy gets injured and Popescu has to play 

In which case we’re absolutely wholly completely and utterly royally ****ed 

Tantrums because we haven't signed the made up targets and now nobody will sign because of RN. Bunch of children.

13 minutes ago, Hungry hippo said:

I expect at least half of the Scottish Premiership enquired about Findlay and Campbell so we will be far from alone in missing out on them.

Happy for us to be aiming for as good players as possible and if others clubs offer far higher wages there's not much we can do about it.

Very true m8. 

I'm quite glad we are taking our time on new signings. We cannot afford to get it wrong this time. Quality over quantity, hopefully. 

BackOfTheNet
5 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

I'm quite glad we are taking our time on new signings. We cannot afford to get it wrong this time. Quality over quantity, hopefully. 

Agreed. If that’s what happens. I guess those of us glass half empty are fearing that may not be the case.

millerjames398
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

The Uni area is nice but the town centre bit itself is surprising shit and from what I can remember surprising neddy 

(I didn’t study in Oxford by the way - if it wasn’t already clear)

I read a football book years ago, and was surprised when i read, that oxford fans had a notorious reputation in 80s,,i always imagined the place to be full of well educated toffs😂🇱🇻

Rogue Daddy
23 minutes ago, fancy a brew said:

Underrated post.

miranda-richardson-5.jpg

👏 👏🤭went right over my head!

20 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Who needs players anyway

We're all set to challenge

Unless Soapy gets injured and Popescu has to play 

In which case we’re absolutely wholly completely and utterly royally ****ed 

Don’t forget Ginelly who has become another talisman who hardly played last year.

This seasons Sibbick

Bazzas right boot

It's utter bull shit the English clubs from the lower league, many who are in mountains of debt can offer bigger contracts than us. 

Luton must have Been on a 90% plus ratio of wages to turnover last season but can still pay development fees and pay more. 

Others are in anything from £10m to almost £100m in debt but still offer more. 

It's ****ing horseshit, almost makes me want to quit following football and follow cricket. 

Bazzas right boot
4 hours ago, sandyk said:

I don't even give a **** what teams in our league are getting up to.  Its not about them, its about us.

Wake me up in a couple of weeks and I'll look at our situation again :)

Yip. 

Hopefully only a few hours or days tho. 

8 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

I read a football book years ago, and was surprised when i read, that oxford fans had a notorious reputation in 80s,,i always imagined the place to be full of well educated toffs😂🇱🇻

Oxford v Swindon is a big nasty rivalry. I don’t know where it comes from but I’ve watched Swindon a few times over the years with Swindon supporting friends. The dislike for each other is pretty epic. 

Oxford is gorgeous. Bit like anywhere else you’d assume to be full of educated toffs, it has done absolute desolate holes. 

Jambof3tornado
1 hour ago, wavydavy said:

Might have I was not on here from mid afternoon yesterday until this morning so must have misssed that.

I will do one hundred lines.

I must read every post on every thread before making any potential comments that may cover something already posted. 🥰

If only there was a proper keek filter so posts could be hidden if garbage!!!

Rogue Daddy
3 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's utter bull shit the English clubs from the lower league, many who are in mountains of debt can offer bigger contracts than us. 

Luton must have Been on a 90% plus ratio of wages to turnover last season but can still pay development fees and pay more. 

It's ****ing horseshit, almost makes me want to quit following football and follow cricket

Steady there... no need for rash decisions.

millerjames398
1 minute ago, Zen Jambo said:

Oxford v Swindon is a big nasty rivalry. I don’t know where it comes from but I’ve watched Swindon a few times over the years with Swindon supporting friends. The dislike for each other is pretty epic. 

Oxford is gorgeous. Bit like anywhere else you’d assume to be full of educated toffs, it has done absolute desolate holes. 

I read that book a few years back,,since then i realised they have a few shitpits, the blackbird estate being one of the worst..oxfords answer to easterhouse😂🇱🇻

Batistuta87
7 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

It's ****ing horseshit, almost makes me want to quit following football and follow cricket. 

Almost, but I bet not quite 🤣

Selkirkhmfc1874
27 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

Ditto

Bazzas right boot
3 minutes ago, Rogue Daddy said:

Steady there... no need for rash decisions.

Just now, Batistuta87 said:

Almost, but I bet not quite 🤣

😜

34 minutes ago, GavK1012 said:

Nah man, just take 2 mins to read a few pages before the last one is all...it ain't rocket science 😎

Just look after yourself instead of offering me advice, thanks.

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

If only there was a proper keek filter so posts could be hidden if garbage!!!

Forum would only be about 3 threads and 56 posts from it's inception. 

Folk bealing that our made up targets have went and signed somewhere else. I never for a minute thought we were signing Campbell or Mulgrew. Hopefully we have learned from past mistakes and don't just sign someone for the sake of it. I don't think we need a rake of new signings, would settle for a decent left sided centre half, a midfielder and someone up top. 

3 minutes ago, millerjames398 said:

I read that book a few years back,,since then i realised they have a few shitpits, the blackbird estate being one of the worst..oxfords answer to easterhouse😂🇱🇻

I was working down there one summer. Got drunk with a workmate, beautiful summers evening. 

we went for a wonder and got some cans. Think “this place is a safe as houses” we went to find somewhere to drink outside. 

Stumbled onto an estate and were lucky to get out. 

Some lads try to cave our heads in. I think they were about 12 years old. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bazzas right boot
32 minutes ago, japanjambo said:

Me too. 

And if it all goes boobs up we can jump to mega seethe straight away. 

Miss out the middle stage of anger. 

Edited by Smith's right boot

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

Folk bealing that our made up targets have went and signed somewhere else. I never for a minute thought we were signing Campbell or Mulgrew. Hopefully we have learned from past mistakes and don't just sign someone for the sake of it. I don't think we need a rake of new signings, would settle for a decent left sided centre half, a midfielder and someone up top. 

:notsure:

The two guys you don't believe were our targets are 2 positions you then go on to say we need?

Biffa Bacon
2 hours ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure if many would describe London as beautiful, Edinburgh is, Bath is, Oxford is. 

I wouldn't either, but it is compared with Luton.

Almost 200 pages and what's even better, is that a new thread will be started when we do finally sign a player, that will also be telling us how $hite he is before he has even kicked a ball.

Gotta love kickback

Hectormasson
24 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

Yes it's very annoying when these shitey clubs can (stump) up pardon the pun 😅😅😅

Jambof3tornado
13 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

Given the wage campbell has gone for are we aiming too high? Would another player in his circumstances opt for us over the money or are players and agents all about greed? 

17 minutes ago, Smith's right boot said:

:notsure:

The two guys you don't believe were our targets are 2 positions you then go on to say we need?

What's that got to do with it? Never believed we were after those two players doesn't mean that I don't think we need to buy for those positions. Not difficult to understand surely. 

Tommy Brown
4 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Pesky facts, if indeed they are. 😄

He did miss the fact Ozturk signed 23/6/14 and that season kicks off two weeks earlier than then.

Pasquale for King
14 minutes ago, Biffa Bacon said:

I wouldn't either, but it is compared with Luton.

Absolutely 😆

6 minutes ago, Jambof3tornado said:

Given the wage campbell has gone for are we aiming too high? Would another player in his circumstances opt for us over the money or are players and agents all about greed? 

I don't believe we were ever in for him, we would have known that he was looking at a move down south. 

Tommy Brown

He did miss the fact Ozturk signed 23/6/14 and that season kicks off two weeks earlier than then.

Tommy Brown

Pasquale for King
1 minute ago, PapaShango said:

I don't believe we were ever in for him, we would have known that he was looking at a move down south. 

We were, and we only have his word that he got three times our offer, he mightve been letting us down nicely. 

Just now, Pasquale for King said:

We were, and we only have his word that he got three times our offer, he mightve been letting us down nicely. 

Is he quoted as saying that somewhere? 

rudi must stay
14 minutes ago, pointon said:

Sky reporting Middlesbrough and Notts Forrest are interested in signing Uche

Can see Forrest they're always a tall team 

Clark Griswold
1 hour ago, jambopilms said:

Tantrums because we haven't signed the made up targets and now nobody will sign because of RN. Bunch of children.

Where are the tantrums? Please point them out as I must have missed these.

Batistuta87
15 minutes ago, pointon said:

Would be a good move for him. He done quite well at Wycombe by all accounts and was involved in (scored or assisted) about a dozen goals. Not too bad for the team that ended up going down. 

rudi must stay
1 minute ago, Batistuta87 said:

Would be a good move for him. He done quite well at Wycombe by all accounts and was involved in (scored or assisted) about a dozen goals. Not too bad for the team that ended up going down. 

He's a legitimate man Uche 

Nookie Bear
27 minutes ago, pointon said:

Saw that.

On the back of potentially losing Campbell to Luton who offered 3x what we could, it is frustrating when we are getting blown out of the water by a league that rates someone like Uche highly enough to be sought after by clubs with Premiership aspirations.

The Championship can be exciting because of the variety but it is still a diddy league on many levels.

1 minute ago, Nookie Bear said:

Saw that.

On the back of potentially losing Campbell to Luton who offered 3x what we could, it is frustrating when we are getting blown out of the water by a league that rates someone like Uche highly enough to be sought after by clubs with Premiership aspirations.

The Championship can be exciting because of the variety but it is still a diddy league on many levels.

It's night and day compared to the SPL though. 

• Kalamazoo Jambo changed the title to ***Summer 2021 Transfer Window - Barrie McKay signs 2 year deal ***